Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

"Philly Cheese Steak" is delicious and comes with onion straws in a little packet to add to the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I get the deluxe hamburger helpers that come with cheese sauce instead of cheese powder so you don't have to use milk

I'm a grown adult so I never have milk in the house

That's also why I get Velveeta shells and cheese instead of kraft dinner

Yeah I'm living like a king

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I get the deluxe hamburger helpers that come with cheese sauce instead of cheese powder so you don't have to use milk

There's a Kraft Deluxe that comes with bigger elbow shells and a sauce pouch and is much better than Velveeta. :agesilaus:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I bought some boxes a few months ago remember hamburger helper was really good. Its so bad.

Its good if you want to only taste beef flavor its so bland.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

One time I tried to make beef stroganoff with ground turkey instead of beef. I thought I was being healthier.

There's a reason it's not called turkey helper.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Nothing like getting home with hamburger helper and forgetting milk. Might as well have lobster and a baked potato by the time you buy all the poo poo you need for hamburger helper. It's a little stone soup-ish.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ThaGrandCow posted:

One time I tried to make beef stroganoff with ground turkey instead of beef. I thought I was being healthier.

There's a reason it's not called turkey helper.
What's the reason.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Nothing like getting home with hamburger helper and forgetting milk. Might as well have lobster and a baked potato by the time you buy all the poo poo you need for hamburger helper. It's a little stone soup-ish.
Im pretty sure a lobster and baked potato dinner is easier than hamburger helper. At least you don't have to remember to get milk.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

a hole-y ghost posted:

What's the reason.

It was gross, hth.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I used turkey in HH once and it tasted just fine. I was very drunk though, so ymmv.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
What a waste of hamburger.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

is nobody else bothered by the fact that a product called hamburger helper has nothing to do with hamburgers?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They should call it "you're hamburgers suck byatch, try this poo poo"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

why isn't it called ground beef helper

are people mashing up hamburger patties into this poo poo

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Ground Beef Guidancer

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

stopping by mcdonalds on the way home from the grocery store and buying some hamburgers to crumble up into the pan instead of having to "cook" beef sounds like something that could actually happen so i stand corrected

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Bovine Muscle Accelerator

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
who knew?

https://soundcloud.com/hamburgerhelper/sets/watch-the-stove

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

ChairmanMeow posted:

was going to say this.
also you can add a can of corn to any hamburger helper to make it go further.
I add ketchup to my deluxe cheeseburger mac

protip: look for coupons first! it is amazingly expensive for white trash food! There is normally coupons online, also get the hamburger in the tube, it's just as good, the ketchup is the star no need to get hoity toity with the meat.

This is some real Hamburger Helper wisdom right here. I like to add a can of diced tomatoes to crunchy taco or a can of mushrooms to the beef stroganoff. I've never tried corn but I will now. Substitute the veggies where the recipe calls for water or things will end up soggy.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i think i might add peas to my cheeseburger macaroni helper instead of corn because of the color contrast

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
why not both? you can get either for like .30 a can if you shop right.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

here are the tiers

1) poo poo pan lasagna
2) messy tuna
3) beefer riggaroni

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

if u get creative u can take the packet from one and add the noodles and beef from another

this little "mash-Up" is called Hank Squirts Beef Hurts

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah all the tracks are turned all the way down because they suck.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

dude get beef noodle or whatever it's called but wait until the cocaine's gone cause i won't be hungry for a while lol

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

social vegan posted:

if u get creative u can take the packet from one and add the noodles and beef from another

this little "mash-Up" is called Hank Squirts Beef Hurts

goddamn i'm super into this but put it in a microwavable dish cause i'm not gonna be hungry for a while if u know what i mean lol

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'i heartily endorse this event or product'

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Cheesy enchilada any day.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ya that's my husky breathing you hear as i lorde over the meat section looking at which pound of ground beef was weighed to be the most and knowing i'm going to eat it all in one sitting

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Just make beef and rice. You can mix spices in from your own rack, learn to cook dammit.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

jarofpiss posted:

goddamn i'm super into this but put it in a microwavable dish cause i'm not gonna be hungry for a while if u know what i mean lol

u treat me bette rthan all the other boys and i will reheat it on the frying pan giving u that crispy edge a 4th dimension of mouthfeel only god wrote about when he talked about jesus' bread flesh

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

notZaar posted:

Just make beef and rice. You can mix spices in from your own rack, learn to cook dammit.

post in gws about it. btich

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Hell Yeah posted:

post in gws about it. btich

Did you just try to ship me of to a sub forum you mitherfuckre

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vargs posted:

deluxe cheeseburger macaroni, op
put in a bit more water/milk than it asks for or it may dry out before it is fully cooked

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
how much salt does this stuff contain

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

AEMINAL posted:

all of them

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AEMINAL posted:

Enough to cover the other lovely flavors. But less than, "Clamburger Assistant" :smugbert:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

A whole box fully prepared contains about 150% of your daily sodium needs. If a family of four is splitting is as intended, that ain't so bad. If one lonely goon is eating it, he's going to be a thirsty motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

A whole box fully prepared contains about 150% of your daily sodium needs. If a family of four is splitting is as intended, that ain't so bad. If one lonely goon is eating it, he's going to be a thirsty motherfucker.
the guy from the video posted earlier eats 2 boxes in a sitting for dinner, without meat

• Locked thread