Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

What if I had the best, coldest read and he'd been a Cylon?

That would have been incredible, and it wouldn't have been a reveal. As it was, though, it was a very hard reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Like that was basically Cally using her OPG turn 1. Even if the person DOES turn out to be a Cylon, I'm still hella suspicious of you for doing that asap.

Also Podima did you have any other tricks up your sleeve besides that one at Sleeper and the stacked decks and weighted dice?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I was going to give Starbuck the presidency since I was XOed on Max's turn & Toshima was in jail so no jump prep, plus Starbuck gets 2 actions to play multiple q cards. It was more of a "survive the next jump only" plan.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

Like that was basically Cally using her OPG turn 1. Even if the person DOES turn out to be a Cylon, I'm still hella suspicious of you for doing that asap.

Also Podima did you have any other tricks up your sleeve besides that one at Sleeper and the stacked decks and weighted dice?

So, the only surprise in this game was the Loyalty card Toshimo flipped at Sleeper. Here it is again for reference:

quote:

Uncomfortable Suspicion
This card is always dealt pre-Sleeper.
Once the fleet reaches Sleeper Phase, reveal this card. Add 3 "YOU ARE NOT A CYLON" cards to the Loyalty Deck, and you draw 3 additional Loyalty Cards for Sleeper Phase.

I was hoping to have a more intrigue-laden game with suspicious people, but both of the Cylons (understandably) revealed immediately. Alas.

What do people think of that card? Curious for input, since the online format lets me do sneaky stuff like this with the Loyalty Deck.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Max really didn't have a Personal Goal? Wow.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
What were the major human misplays, Toshimo?

@Podima: I honestly don't have an opinion, it was a complete non-factor. Toshimo was brigged at Sleeper, I'm pretty sure, and then Friction revealed that turn. There just wasn't time for it to do anything.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The two obvious ones were Baltar pardoning me after I told him not to which resulted in me being foreverbrigged (which I just chalk up to inexperience) and Max not OPGing the +2 Fuel on the first jump. I'm hard pressed to think of any roll in the game that's worth more than 2 Fuel, especially with the humans behind. We had to make a lot of terrible choices because we were handcuffed by fuel, and I really can't see any reason to try and save the roll with the logic "Well, there's a 1 in 6 chance I'll wind up Cylon, so may as hold this OPG."

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Yeah, I misread your post as more of a "I don't care if you get me out" shrug rather than a "it doesn't matter cause I'm going right back in" shrug.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
:munch: Biggest mistake that then helped the Cylons the most was Toshimo brigging himself for 2 TAC cards when he could've just press roomed that bad mutiny away. There was no reason to play that, especially on your repairs guy.

Toshimo posted:

I'm hard pressed to think of any roll in the game that's worth more than 2 Fuel, especially with the humans behind.
An armoury roll when the ABFs are used up is usually worth saving it for. I would've gone with heavies if I were the cylons on SN's activation to deny an extra jump prep due to the CAC happening on the humans' turn. Fuel isn't as 'holy poo poo don't waste fuel what the gently caress' thanks to Exodus cards being in there, though humans seemed to keep using Scout for Fuel in checks rather than actually playing it.

Podima posted:

What do people think of that card? Curious for input, since the online format lets me do sneaky stuff like this with the Loyalty Deck.
While I super support loving with loyalty cards, that one seemed kind of... just there. Didn't effect anything, and just makes one human more suspicious based on statistics rather than them having to actually act dodgy or affect the game state in any way. Maybe if it was something more like 'Draws 3 loyalty cards, chooses one and hands the other two away to any number of other players' might make the kind of thing you're looking for? 'Oh, did he draw both Cylons and just choose his Cylon buddy? Did he want to stay human and give the robot to someone in a bad position?'.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Metos posted:

:munch: Biggest mistake that then helped the Cylons the most was Toshimo brigging himself for 2 TAC cards when he could've just press roomed that bad mutiny away. There was no reason to play that, especially on your repairs guy.

Press Room wasn't an option. It was the back half of an XO, and it was either take the roll or waste the second action on launching useless vipers. I was also short on cards so throwing 2 away on Press Room was dicey.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Metos posted:

Maybe if it was something more like 'Draws 3 loyalty cards, chooses one and hands the other two away to any number of other players' might make the kind of thing you're looking for? 'Oh, did he draw both Cylons and just choose his Cylon buddy? Did he want to stay human and give the robot to someone in a bad position?'.

I think being able to give away your loyalty cards would be a bad idea since it let's you choose to be a Cylon or not, so you'd pick the currently winning team, and then possibly turning the least useful character into a known Cylon, or the most useful character into one depending on your allegience, so I think it would lead to snowballing victories.

I've come to the conclusion that Baltar's OPG can make the game less interesting. Knowing that you can be checked puts a lot of pressure on Cylons to reveal quickly instead of staying hidden and spiking checks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Metos posted:

An armoury roll when the ABFs are used up is usually worth saving it for. I would've gone with heavies if I were the cylons on SN's activation to deny an extra jump prep due to the CAC happening on the humans' turn. Fuel isn't as 'holy poo poo don't waste fuel what the gently caress' thanks to Exodus cards being in there, though humans seemed to keep using Scout for Fuel in checks rather than actually playing it.

That's actually an excellent point I didn't even think of. I was far too excited at the possibility of getting to choose a CAC for once.

However, if I'd done that, they probably would have sent someone to the Engine Room to get Jump Prep and then our damage goal would have been turned off.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Some Numbers posted:

However, if I'd done that, they probably would have sent someone to the Engine Room to get Jump Prep and then our damage goal would have been turned off.
True, although they clearly weren't thinking straight as what they should've done is go to Pegasus CIC and turn off your damage that way since you doubled down on damage by activating Caprica instead of repairing armoury trying to stop heavies that wouldn't have made it to the end without you both activating them. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
e: i posted this is in the wrong bsg thread :smithicide:

fits fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 28, 2016

• Locked thread