Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM75ulDRkhI

So New Zealand, which is a real country, produced a taxpayer-subsidized advertisement (ad-ver-tise-ment) to curb texting and driving. It involves making the potential driver-would-be-texter very sexually uncomfortable so that they don't text while they drive. Brilliant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
i am for all things op posted in the title but i did not watch his video or read the op, hth

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Is this like a "rock beats scissors, scissors beats paper" kind of deal?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

fyodor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM75ulDRkhI

So New Zealand, which is a real country, produced a taxpayer-subsidized advertisement (ad-ver-tise-ment) to curb texting and driving. It involves making the potential driver-would-be-texter very sexually uncomfortable so that they don't text while they drive. Brilliant!

It actually seems kind of funny and light hearted?

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
if someone is uncomfortable with getting hit on by the same sex then they deserve to get in an accident anyway

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
am i supposed to be angry about htis because this commercial loving rules

sorry to bust your bubble OP but a lot of people arent gay so this would would be effective

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Legit not homophobic, sorry for your faux rage, try again.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
yeah OP, it's 100% clear in the ad that the driver's surprise and discomfort just comes from finding themselves holding hands with the passenger, regardless of gender. it's cute and good

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
maybe this thread should just become a honeypot for people who legit think that they can text-and-drive because "they're good at it"

and that includes changing songs on your phone. just because we all do it doesn't make it not dumb

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Don't try to look at a text while driving guise it will make your same sex friend think you're a human being and hit on you.

*answers all the text messages all the time now*

Legit good psa tho, realtalk.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

maybe this thread should just become a honeypot for people who legit think that they can text-and-drive because "they're good at it"

and that includes changing songs on your phone. just because we all do it doesn't make it not dumb

well, some people are you dumbass. its just an impossible statement to legitimize. its like saying 65% of smokers will never get lung cancer, it can be both true and something you shouldnt say for the greater good

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
On one hand this might save lives, on the other hand it's intentionally designed to make texting appeal to homosexuals. New Zealand is subtly pushing for texting-while-driving fatalities to become the new leading cause of death in the gay community. I get it now OP, holy crow

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
where is the homophobia?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I'll bite. You know what else is a minor distraction to drivers? Literally everything. Don't listen to ot adjust the radio, pay any attention to passengers, or have any stray thoughts while driving. Dumbass.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

mdm posted:

where is the homophobia?

its the part where the non homosexual is uncomfortable to suddenly and unexpectidly be holding hands with a homosexual, which happens in 50% of the examples in the video. this is homophobia, because homosexuals.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

well, some people are you dumbass. its just an impossible statement to legitimize. its like saying 65% of smokers will never get lung cancer, it can be both true and something you shouldnt say for the greater good

Nathilus posted:

I'll bite. You know what else is a minor distraction to drivers? Literally everything. Don't listen to ot adjust the radio, pay any attention to passengers, or have any stray thoughts while driving. Dumbass.

wow, it worked

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

its the part where the non homosexual is uncomfortable to suddenly and unexpectidly be holding hands with a homosexual, which happens in 50% of the examples in the video. this is homophobia, because homosexuals.

50% exposure of gay people is pretty good coverage

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Yeah thats what happens when someone humors you. Isn't it cute, tee hee.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Nathilus posted:

don't read a book.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Gay chicken is practically a national sport here in New Zealand.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

rock rock posted:

Gay chicken is practically a national sport here in New Zealand.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

mdm posted:

don't read a book.

I once saw a person while cruisin on the freeway who was looking in the makeup mirror and applying makeup with one hand, and she had a leg up on the dash and was presumably loving with pantyhose with the other while driving with a knee. Pro level distracted driving I wonder what the skill check on that poo poo is like.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

je1 healthcare posted:

On one hand this might save lives, on the other hand it's intentionally designed to make texting appeal to homosexuals. New Zealand is subtly pushing for texting-while-driving fatalities to become the new leading cause of death in the gay community. I get it now OP, holy crow

this is like the time the cia invented aids

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Nathilus posted:

I once saw a person while cruisin on the freeway who was looking in the makeup mirror and applying makeup with one hand, and she had a leg up on the dash and was presumably loving with pantyhose with the other while driving with a knee. Pro level distracted driving I wonder what the skill check on that poo poo is like.

actually there was someone kneeling beneath her seat eating her puss and workin the clutch

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

,,, i'm g

note for mods: this is a hilarious metaironic post but you may not "get it" unless you have prodromal sch

MiracleWhale fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 2, 2016

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

MiracleWhale posted:

actually there was someone kneeling beneath her seat eating her puss and workin the clutch

That's even harder and more baller tho.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Nathilus posted:

is she black?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
driving safety PSAs are best when they feature bloody mangled carcasses of those who failed to follow proper driving procedures, which the shocking majority of them do.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Thanks for being on youtube patrol, OP!

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

mdm posted:

is she black?

Nah. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Nathilus posted:

Nah. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Not mine, I'm not a cop

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Stfu Jastiger bitch OP

Go back to Iowa

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

yeah OP, it's cute and good

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
:gary: HOMOPHOBIA :siren:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

goodl uck texting correctly while i'm sucking the d

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

social vegan posted:

yeah the autocorrect on my phone never gets "toothy" right

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

good luck texting grandpa to tell him our ETA g-ma when u have to watch dylan and i cramming rear end in the lower third of the rear view

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

social vegan posted:

this post may have saved a really bad thread

still voted 1

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

50% is way more than the 10% of the population they make up. Why go after gays, New Zealand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this commercial is very anti fat chick, sorry abt your full diaper op

• Locked thread