Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It is amazing Yuki Kaji, who is in everything ever, is in this cat banana anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Noted obscure underground seiyuu, Yuki Kaji.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Deviations posted:

I don't suppose how much I fretted over what to reveal and whether or not to use a spoiler tag matters...

Oh well.

And technically, he's voiced by Nyaruhodou Ryuuichi.:sotw:

If you had used a spoiler tag I would have ended you

E: lmao at wafflemans probation from the spoiler sadbrains in lp

Namtab fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 22, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Namtab posted:

If you had used a spoiler tag I would have ended you

E: lmao at wafflemans probation from the spoiler sadbrains in lp

Yeah, that's one terrible ban.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, the anime has actually done a massive change to 2-4 already. Lotta's been completely removed, and in her place is Larry acting as an (incompetent) investigative reporter. Not sure what to think of that, but it probably works a lot better with Edgeworth's return and the stakes of the case.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
It was bugging me that Larry was in this case when I couldn't remember him being there in the game, then I realized what character he was replacing and suddenly I was okay with it. It's even totally in character for Larry to arbitrarily have some job he didn't before, and won't anymore next time he shows up.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
It's curious because they did the exact same thing in the stage show adaptation of this case. Makes me wonder if it was some kind of thing where Takumi himself said "Actually hey I think it would work better with Larry here."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

legoman727 posted:

So, the anime has actually done a massive change to 2-4 already. Lotta's been completely removed, and in her place is Larry acting as an (incompetent) investigative reporter. Not sure what to think of that, but it probably works a lot better with Edgeworth's return and the stakes of the case.

Larry is good and Lotta is not so it's good.

That and Lotta has been in the anime quite a bit already. The Oldbag eyecatchy things they did throughout this ep were neat too.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Larry's not in Game 2 otherwise, right?

I'm cool with it.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Well they rushed right through the bulk of the investigation of this case, but goddamn was the reveal handled perfectly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So the anime is getting a disc release and presumably a dub from the wonderful partnership of Crunchyroll and Funimation. I wonder if they're going to use the game VAs where they can or if they're going to completely use Funimation's Texas pool of VAs.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

So the anime is getting a disc release and presumably a dub from the wonderful partnership of Crunchyroll and Funimation. I wonder if they're going to use the game VAs where they can or if they're going to completely use Funimation's Texas pool of VAs.

I want Phoenix Wright with a strong southern accent

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I love miso burger

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

I want Phoenix Wright with a strong southern accent

According to Ace Attorney 6, he's from Kansas so if that helps you place it or whatever, that's what he'd be like.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

According to Ace Attorney 6, he's from Kansas so if that helps you place it or whatever, that's what he'd be like.

Aurain, I think that was just a Wizard of Oz reference.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I still think they should've set the localization in Florida, because let's face it: how many cases could be turned into a headline and have "Florida Man" tacked on at the front to sound more believable?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

I still think they should've set the localization in Florida, because let's face it: how many cases could be turned into a headline and have "Florida Man" tacked on at the front to sound more believable?

Nah, most of the big schemes are too elaborate for Florida.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Waffleman_ posted:

I've only seen a single Kansas reference in that game (I'm in the 3rd case now) and I agree that it was 100% a wizard of oz reference

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
Was it me or did the end of that episode have the only psyche-lock reference in the entire series up until this point?

And it probably has absolutely no significance to anyone not familiar with the games. I don't think it will ever be explained and will remain an easter egg for game fans but entirely forgettable to people who stick to the anime.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Florida Man poses as defendant in court
Florida Man overinflates, punctures mascot; creates Gourdy hoax
(AA3) Florida Man lures young girl to remote hut to eat rotten potatoes together

I mean...

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
I think Funimation should keep the setting in Japan, and give Lotta a very thick "Osakan" (read: houston) accent. But if it gets into 4kids hands it definitely should take place in Vancouver or Colorado.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Florida man obsessed with 15-year old's Magic Panties witnesses brutal noodle stand murder

Florida man smuggles illegal cocoons in guitar

Florida man cross-examines parrot in bizarre lake slaying

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Regalingualius posted:

Florida man obsessed with 15-year old's Magic Panties witnesses brutal noodle stand murder

Florida man smuggles illegal cocoons in guitar

Florida man cross-examines parrot in bizarre lake slaying

He did none of these tho

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

celeron 300a posted:

I think Funimation should keep the setting in Japan, and give Lotta a very thick "Osakan" (read: houston) accent. But if it gets into 4kids hands it definitely should take place in Vancouver or Colorado.

Nah set it in America or canada

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Smh if you think the dub won't be based on the video games, or if you watch dubs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

probs

i don't remember such inferior western real life animes!!!

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Namtab posted:

Nah set it in America or canada

compromise and set it in canada but use the japanese names for everything

3rd option: do it samurai pizza cats or crayon shin style and completely butcher the script. Turn it into a bunch of civil court cases - edgeworth taking shrooms and he thinks he accidentally pushed a guy into the water to pick up a gun but the guy jumped in the water instead.

(why did he want to pick up the gun? he was taking shrooms, who really knows)

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
your lawyer badge also allows you to perform wind magic by an implicit contract with the wind spirits

perform a short invocation to produce a blast of energy via your mouth or fingertips

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I hope this series can move onto some of the later games, there's a lot of good stuff I'd like to see animated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

God-drat it they made sure Franzy hosed off with the Nick card. They gave her some crazy curves at the airport though.

• Locked thread