Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

jwang posted:

Missing 2/3 of the jokes mean it's only got 2/3 of the charm.

Wouldn't that be 1/3 the charm?

Oh, hey, it's that jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Josuke Higashikata posted:

NO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtDvaBA66uQ

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Considerably better than the actual thing

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Am I reading too far into things, or is that Trucy in the chalk drawings in the intro?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've never really examined that part of the OP but I've heard people saying it references all the way up to AA5, including Athena so yes, it probably is.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

404 Missile not found 0/10

But seriously, where's Edgeworth's seismophobia? Though I suppose, the only place they could have fit the event into this episode was in that flashback to the defendant's lobby after the case, and...

...sorry, I 'ship things; the what-ifs got to me. Maybe things will shake up next week.

Manfred von Karma is the appropriate shade of bastard and Lotta is significantly awesome. This anime is quite good at the redemption of fandom-maligned characters. So, uh, good luck with 'Director Hotti' and the circus that wants to bang the ringmaster's teenage daughter, A1.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Man they totally failed to convey the mindfuck that was the parrot plot twist.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I still despise Lotta and there is too much Maya bullying in this episode it is unacceptable.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder how the "I point and wind comes out" thing is going to replace this chapter's breakdown.

Antitonic posted:

Am I reading too far into things, or is that Trucy in the chalk drawings in the intro?

Trucy, Apollo, and Athena, yes.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

You know watching this series is really making me want a Ghost Trick anime adaptation real bad.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Combat Lobster posted:

You know watching this series is really making me want a Ghost Trick anime adaptation real bad.
I would love that, just to see how on earth they handle the ability that only works because you are viewing objects from a set perspective.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

More Ghost Trick anything would be great, but it'd be a shame if it wasn't 100% rotoscoped.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

and the shotgun finger snaps

This trial is getting a lot more episodes than I thought it would. It's looking like 5 overall.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
"Von Karma uses Gust!
It's super effective!"

That covers almost the entire episode, the wind attacks are getting a tiny bit ridiculous when there's 5-10 of them in a single episode.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

CryingAthena posted:

"Von Karma uses Gust!
It's super effective!"

That covers almost the entire episode, the wind attacks are getting a tiny bit ridiculous when there's 5-10 of them in a single episode.

I was personally expecting lightning, fire and laser beams to be shot out by now as well.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Slur posted:

I was personally expecting lightning, fire and laser beams to be shot out by now as well.

Ace Attorney: So You Want To Be A Courtroom Master?

...not sure if that's totally out there or incredibly descriptive of the courtroom battles we've seen so far.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Slur posted:

I don't think they'll animate case 1-5

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Txn posted:

I kind of hope it'll be an OVA or movie maybe. There's a lot of stuff from there I'd like to see animated.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're not using character themes from the games and I don't care to see Damon Gant without Swimming Anyone?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Txn posted:

Case 1-5 is good and I hope they animate it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I would love that, just to see how on earth they handle the ability that only works because you are viewing objects from a set perspective.

It probably wouldnt be that difficult since theyre animating in a 2D space and can set the perspective for the viewer

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
1-5 would work pretty well in movie format I reckon

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

1-5 would work pretty well in movie format I reckon

Technically it already did.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I'm here because I want to talk about Manfred von Karma's absolute poo poo-eating grin after Edgeworth confesses his "guilt".

That's all.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They changed this case too much and now it sucks.

It's unbelievably stupid how they find the letter, with Gumshoe no less, and instead of the crucial evidence being stolen by von Karma in one of the most memorable scenes from the game, they present it in court and it's immediately shot down for no good reason. Grossberg sucks too. I hate this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The point = wind thing is really weird and I have no idea why the anime team loves it so much.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The point = wind thing is really weird and I have no idea why the anime team loves it so much.

because it's good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is the only good part of the anime

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i was hoping for lawyer auras like they do in the OP but i guess not

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

I gonna be really disappointed if there isn't a shining finger moment by the end of this case.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What the gently caress von Karma doesn't even headbutt the wall

e: Ah next episode is a anime original
the tale of larry, edgeworth and nick meeting and bridging the gap between PW and JFA

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jun 18, 2016

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

"Hey Tanaka, d'ya reckon we should restrict that prosecutor's authorisation until he's no longer in custody?"
"Nahhhhhhhh."

Next week: BELATED PUPPY!

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I'm a little disappointed by von Karma's breakdown, yeah, but I still really enjoyed the episode, they added plenty of neat little things. You win some, you lose some, and judging by the animation on some episodes, I take it it's a miracle this anime is even happening. :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This one didn't stick the landing, kinda disappointed, but hey anime-only turnabout puppers next week, that looks fun.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
honk

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why are they cutting all the breakdowns? Why did they remove Edgeworth's phobia of earthquakes? Why did they cut the taser scene in the police station?

Whyyyy :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 18, 2016

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

The earthquake absence, according to Tumblr scuttlebutt, is probably because there was a recent real life earthquake in Japan. Understandable if that's the case.

...oh god, we're going to get the alleged kid voices from last episode again.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I just finished the episode and wow, what the gently caress happened to the pacing of the DL6 re-trial. The movie did it in about the same time and that felt a lot nicer paced. Also I'm really disappointed von Karma's breakdown was cut entirely.

The Deviations posted:

The earthquake absence, according to Tumblr scuttlebutt, is probably because there was a recent real life earthquake in Japan. Understandable if that's the case.

...oh god, we're going to get the alleged kid voices from last episode again.

Phoenix's VA can at least pull a convincing kid voice? Edgeworth and Larry definitely do not sound like kids though.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Overall, I'm not really pleased with the changes in this trial, but I'm glad Maya still gets to save the day, and be generally awesome. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to the puppy, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Llab posted:

but I'm glad Maya still gets to save the day, and be generally awesome.

In a way less dramatic and meaningful way, though. Honestly I've been a fan of the anime so far but I really think they botched this whole case - they ruined the reveal with the parrot, removed the dramatic confrontation with Von Karma in the evidence lockup and Maya's fuckin' badass spirit to hold onto the bullet and the pacing of the latest ep was... really weird.

I'll keep watching, but god I hope they don't gently caress up the last case of the second game as badly.

• Locked thread