Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is a Fox?
Cat
Dog
Bird
Legume
View Results

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Which one are they?

I need to know for school tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Actually they're an insect.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
yeah

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Its a common trick teachers play on their students.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

it is a special forces unit lead by major zero, op

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Just for you guys I also got this pic of a fox

Maybe it'll help identify what it is

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
they're neither dog or cat, friend

fox is an organ of the rupert murdoch organization and is the opiate of buttholes everywhere

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
We already told you its an insect.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Microwaves Mom posted:

We already told you its an insect.

So a spider? Ok emailing my teacher to get extra credit (first one with the answer get an extra sticker)

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

So a spider? Ok emailing my teacher to get extra credit (first one with the answer get an extra sticker)

what grade are you in m8

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm 47

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

and yet not wise enough to include a goku option voted 1 One Uno

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Foxes are hustlers, OP

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
They are a type of hat designed to keep your head rodent free

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Closely related to wolf (which dogs come from).

Totally speciated (no hybrid possible), so they're their own animal.

For example, coyotes are also closely related to wolfs, but they are not totally speciated, so a coywolf hybrid is possible, and also common. The so called "red wolf" used to be believed to be a wolf subspecies but it was found out that they are naturally occurring wolf coyote crosses.

Another interesting tidbit: for wolfs that have black fur, it was recently discovered that the black fur gene comes from domestic dogs, which has been happening for hundreds of years, when dogs get loose and join up with their wild counterparts.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

im 44 and continue to post like a 12 year old nerdfag aspie

poop
fart
weanis

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Maldoror posted:

im 44 and continue to post like a 12 year old nerdfag aspie

poop
fart
weanis

Haha nice

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
yiff yiff

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
pee and poop

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Foxes are part of the Porcine Aquarius cline, and are therefore more closely related to the common

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Dog. The domesticated ones start acting and looking more like dogs. there was some soviet study on that.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Dholes are rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo if the Far Cry edutainment series is anything to go by

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Had some foxes live under the house for a bit. Defiantly dogs. Apparently they hate the smell of cinnamon. That is what the pest guys used to get them out.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
They're in the canid family. They're dogs.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I had a friend who had a pet fox. Its favorite game was to wait until you were seated, hop in your lap and put its paws on your shoulders. Then it would look you straight in the eye, then suddenly dip its head and hook its lower canines into your nostrils. then it would jerk its head upwards. You would yelp in pain, and it would run away, hoping you would chase it.

Furry little bastard.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

genesplicer posted:

I had a friend who had a pet fox. Its favorite game was to wait until you were seated, hop in your lap and put its paws on your shoulders. Then it would look you straight in the eye, then suddenly dip its head and hook its lower canines into your nostrils. then it would jerk its head upwards. You would yelp in pain, and it would run away, hoping you would chase it.

Furry little bastard.

Cunning

naem
May 29, 2011

Hyped
Jan 28, 2004
They're related to the common brushtail possum

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

a fox in her own right.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Maldoror posted:

pee and poop

That is a pretty good clade diagram I give it 4/5.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Bitch got the Gumby thumbs.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Maybe it'll help identify what it is

it looks edible so i put down legume

walras
Mar 31, 2016

Maldoror posted:

pee and poop

That racoon fox chilling there must definitely be a troll.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
fox wear orange. goku wear orange. voted goku.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Have they domesticated any cool foxes yet, those retarded fennec foxes dont count

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I saw a bobcat once. He was camouflaged as hell out in the woods behind my house. I thought I saw something back there watching me from inside the house so I walked out back because I thought it might be a cat.

I got about 20 yards from him and he took off through the woods at mach 10, shouldering god drat everything out of his way.

P glad he decided not to gently caress me up.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

amusinginquiry posted:

Have they domesticated any cool foxes yet, those retarded fennec foxes dont count

yes in russia and they even have ones that look like the red foxes with black mittens, but they cost like as much as a goddamn car so gently caress that noise

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Foxes are rodents, like the mongoose. In fact both foxes and mongeese are well known for being good at killing vipers, which are arachnids

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
After reading all the replies in this thread, I'm going to have state my definitive opinion that foxes are cats. It's so obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
theres an insturctional video about this called catdog

• Locked thread