Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why isn't Michael Jones Bakugo? :( He's perfect for the role in every way!

Because he works for Rooster Teeth not funimation

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh it's Shigaraki.

It's actually Eric Vale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCAXG3rShhI

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That's some good stuff. Really looking forward to more.

I don't trust that cop.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Man that was a brutal takedown.

Fantastic stuff all around. Here's hoping the second season is soon.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The one consistent thing I see with anime-watchers who aren't familiar with the series is how much everyone loves the OST. It really is drat good.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Baal posted:

Because he works for Rooster Teeth not funimation

It's actually Eric Vale

He voice acts in Fairy Tail (also Funimation).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is one thing and it's not like Funimation hasn't contracted people outside of their studio before once in a while. It's not a thing you should expect ever though, it's almost always out of weird exceptions like Bryce Pappenbrook. He's done two other series for them too, but unless he becomes a commonly used actor, I would not ever pin my hopes on him voicing a character.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like that there's a superhero whose power is just GUN. And that he has zero qualms in using it to kneecap a motherfucker.

I loved this show, definitely one of my top picks for the season, maybe even the whole year. It was just so optimistic and entertaining and badass.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mordja posted:

I like that there's a superhero whose power is just GUN. And that he has zero qualms in using it to kneecap a motherfucker.

I loved this show, definitely one of my top picks for the season, maybe even the whole year. It was just so optimistic and entertaining and badass.

Kneecaps?

I think I know who is under that mask.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordja posted:

Apparently his quirk is "Homing", so he's like Bullseye... but with a gun

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so ojiro (tail dude) ended up by himself in a giant fire with a bunch of dudes who presumably have an advantage in a fire, and avoided any serious harm while incapacitating a ton of them

by the by, his quirk is that he has a muscular tail, that's it. dude is just hypercompetent in a way that gets overshadowed by people with powers of mass destruction, he owns

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ojiro is my favorite student and it's a loving crime he doesn't get used more

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Jintor posted:

IT'S HIGH NOON

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Chris Sabat is PERFECT for All Might.

I don't think I can watch the Japanese dub again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The only way that the sub is inarguably superior is Tsuyu.

Kero kero :3:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Yeah, that's good.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Bahaha. Like a SHAFT production. I made the right choice by not watching it yet.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

HellCopter posted:

Bahaha. Like a SHAFT production. I made the right choice by not watching it yet.

Nope, you did not.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I'm not sure I would ever compare Bones Blu-ray fixes to SHAFT blu-ray fixes. The animation was still solid, they just didn't have time for the crazy polish passes.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

HellCopter posted:

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Don't do that.

quote:

Like a SHAFT production. I made the right choice by not watching it yet.
And no. The animation was still quite good, it looks like Bones is just going above and beyond on the Blu-ray fixes this year, probably because the show was already popular. Making it look even better means even more people will buy the Blu-ray than otherwise would.

Do the dub releases usually get the animation upgrades, too? I really genuinely enjoyed the dub, so rewatching it with this upgrade would be amazing.

• Locked thread