Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also how many cases is he solving per day? 800 eps should be at least a year, even if they spend 5 eps on a single night of crime-solving, right?

Is he not growing up at all?

It's the Sazae-san system where days pass but years don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I some times read trough the plot synopsis for Conan to see if any plot has happened and it rarely has. I think the author just really likes doing murder mysteries or he's just riding the fame as long as it lasts.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's primarily an episodic series, the show could end in a single episode if they wanted to.

But that's how it stays popular, you could not watch it for a year or two and start watching the newest episode with no problems

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Someone should make a thread. I'm actually kinda surprised it doesn't have one since it's one of the longest running series out there.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

For a variety of reasons it's hard to get western fans interested in completely episodic stuffs. If I had seen more than a few bits of Conan I would make a thread but I just don't have the knowledge

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I once tried to get back into it, with a 500+ chapter backlog.

I gave up quickly

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If anyone is curious, some dub announcements.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/04/27/my-hero-academia-cast-announcement/

Chris Sabat is All Might.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
New episode is out and I love just how much energy the show has in almost every aspect.

Teix
Nov 5, 2009

You want to touch me?

:3:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I want that soundtrack right now. Blasting full force during every aspect of my life from now on.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Navel-Lazer continues to be Pure and Good

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aizawa's voice actor is perfect.

Deku is so cool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"You can't use your power without breaking all your bones, idiot."

"FINE, I'LL JUST BREAK ONE FINGER. THEN I HAVE NINE MORE."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So I told Deku to throw the ball.. he actually did it the absolute madman
hahahahahahaha!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This ost is really good and I really hope they get the same team back if there are future cours

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Waffleman_ posted:

"You can't use your power without breaking all your bones, idiot."

"FINE, I'LL JUST BREAK ONE FINGER. THEN I HAVE NINE MORE."

Aizawa is seriously one of my favorite characters is this drat story. He's kinda like Snape from Harry Potter with all the emotional baggage and hang-ups removed: something of a scary, unpleasant hardass personality-wise, but also highly knowledgeable,. supremely competent and a really drat good teacher. He's pretty much the perfect dampener to both Bakugou's arrogant showmanship and Deku's soppy idealism; what a good choice for a homeroom teacher at a superhero school.

Terper posted:

He's Kakashi

I never found Kakashi to be particularly unpleasant, myself, but yeah, he works too.

resurgam40 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 1, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He's Kakashi

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
Kakashi is cool and so is Aizawa even though they're pretty much the same person.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

I appreciate that they have him constantly using his eyedrops throughout scenes.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

resurgam40 posted:

I never found Kakashi to be particularly unpleasant, myself, but yeah, he works too.

If you rewatch the early episodes of Naruto, you'll see he was sort of a dark foil early on, where he beats up our cast to teach them a lesson. He actually mildened out as the episodes ran and kind of stopped having anything evil about him after a few arcs.

I really like this archetype though, so I let it slide, but I think it's a little sad that we're rehashing that character in this. This is made up by...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Aizawa's voice actor is super good and thank god we're finally seeing more of the class, because man they're all great.

Also, here's a funfact. The OP and ED are good, but there's the briefest of moments in ED that my dumb brain thinks sounds like Wonderwall and it bothers me immensely

e: Also today's ep actually covered two chapters so yeah, pacing is def increasing

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 1, 2016

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Where are you guys watching this? Hulu doesn't have it up yet.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

blastron posted:

Where are you guys watching this? Hulu doesn't have it up yet.

Funimation.

http://www.funimation.com/shows/my-hero-academia/home

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Hmm, it looks like Hulu puts it up like 12 hours behind, it's up now. Thanks anyway!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Izuku's mom is cool. :3:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'd forgotten about Iida's knifehands. :allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Izuku "my mom thinks I'm cool" Midoriya

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So, Waffleman. You excited for getting your old avatar back next week?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Sandman posted:

So, Waffleman. You excited for getting your old avatar back next week?

I thought the same thing seeing the preview. :getin:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I'm ready for Iida.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Kakashi was probably the most consistently not-terrible or mishandled character in Naruto so I don't necessarily mind the "hardass teacher" archetype being reused here. Aizawa is a cool guy. Strong ending to the episode, I thought all the hyper-inspirational music in the first two episodes was a little cheesy and on the nose but I think it definitely worked here.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Ochaco's throw registering as infinity got me the most laughs so far. This show is really picking up.
Tempted to check the manga out, but I'm also keen on going into each new episode blind. Maybe after the 12 episodes finish, if there isn't an announcement that it'll keep going right away , I'll start reading.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Aizawa is pretty much exactly like Kakashi down to his powers sort of, even :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The one fan comic where she smooches him and he flies off into space.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Terper posted:

Aizawa's voice actor is perfect.

Deku is so cool.

I really like just about all the VAs. Mina's and Tsuyu's were good, Navel Laser guy's was good ... they're all good.

THIS WHOLE ANIME IS GOOD AND I LOVE IT, OKAY?

E: Wow, I forgot how ruggedly handsome Aizawa looked in that one fancomic.

SereneCrimson posted:

Ochaco's throw registering as infinity got me the most laughs so far. This show is really picking up.
Tempted to check the manga out, but I'm also keen on going into each new episode blind. Maybe after the 12 episodes finish, if there isn't an announcement that it'll keep going right away , I'll start reading.

This is probably a good idea. The manga is wonderful, and highly recommend it.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 2, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's the second, or when hunter x hunter is running, third, best shonen in wsj

Jintor
May 19, 2014

man deku just can't master that goddamn tie

smart shonen hero my butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007