Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

RideTheSpiral posted:

extremely obvious fraud.

has one of the top 4 squads and will finish out of the top 10

West Ham and Stoke's squads are miles better than Everton's, then there's Tottenham and the old-guard top 4 who aren't even debatable. Barry and Cleverley starting in midfield is top four to you?

They're getting match-winners out of Aaron Lennon ffs. If Everton have the money to buy proper players now it'd be worth their time to figure out of Bobby Martin can recognise good defenders when he doesn't have to budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Spangly A posted:

West Ham and Stoke's squads are miles better than Everton's, then there's Tottenham and the old-guard top 4 who aren't even debatable. Barry and Cleverley starting in midfield is top four to you?

They're getting match-winners out of Aaron Lennon ffs. If Everton have the money to buy proper players now it'd be worth their time to figure out of Bobby Martin can recognise good defenders when he doesn't have to budget.

Stoke maybe based on butland. West Ham maybe based on how good their cheap transfers have worked in one year. Man U just lol at that squad

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD5o8HSigy_/?hl=en

John Terry's PFA team of the year

Pretty solid choices imo

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Has Smalling played a match at right back this season?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sebzilla posted:

Has Smalling played a match at right back this season?

That's the only weird one. Alderwield could be in it, too. Otherwise that's those are the best picks in this boobie 's opinion.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

RideTheSpiral posted:

Stoke maybe based on butland. West Ham maybe based on how good their cheap transfers have worked in one year. Man U just lol at that squad

*signs players from United because they're not good enough to get in the team, starts them*

"phwoar, we're better than United now"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD5o8HSigy_/?hl=en

John Terry's PFA team of the year

Pretty solid choices imo

Could use Albrighton, Simpson, Fuchs and Okazaki but I'll take it.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

FullLeatherJacket posted:

*signs players from United because they're not good enough to get in the team, starts them*

Danny Drinkwater, Danny Simpson

Danny Welbeck

wait why do you sell all your daniels

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Spangly A posted:

Danny Drinkwater, Danny Simpson

Danny Welbeck

wait why do you sell all your daniels

Danny Higginbotham

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I agree. the current united squad has no place for cast offs like ronaldo and pogba

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

I agree. the current united squad has no place for cast offs like ronaldo and pogba

The cast-off Ronaldo who asked to leave and was sold for a then world record fee?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shrapnig posted:

The cast-off Ronaldo who asked to leave and was sold for a then world record fee?

literally the same as cleverly imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
imagine playing fabio in midfield when you've got pogba on the bench

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

literally the same as cleverly imo

It's a shame Darron Gibson became a permacrock, he would have been quality.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I forgot that guy existed and still plays for Everton

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

we'd probably have won the treble again if we still had cleverley and gibson

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008

Brony Car posted:

To the Everton fans here, how do you guys currently feel about Martinez? I was reading a story on Leighton Baines' recent comments about team chemistry and the commenters there seemed pretty pissed off about how Martinez has handled that and handled the team this season as a whole.

Personally I'm absolutely fed up of his deluded bullshit. We've been playing the same way for two years now and we still have glaring problems - countless defensive catastrophes, serious lack of pressing, lack of creativity, some loving insane subsitutions, and then blaming everything apart from himself - its all starting to get a bit too much for everyone.
People who don't see us every week say "oh but they play nice attacking football", but most of the time we dont really. Occasionally we might put together a few nice moves or a good counter attack, and we can look exciting when we have to go for broke (usually because we've just given a stupid goal away), but on the whole our football is ineffective. We seem to be capable of keeping possesion for long periods and doing precisely gently caress all with it, while at the other end we look vulnerable from every attack that comes our way. Some people in the media have pointed out the crowd seem edgy all the time and are quick to get on the players backs, but thats because there has been absolutely no change from last year which was an absolute trainwreck. So we're edgy because we've it all before and it keeps happening. Our league form has been awful and we deserve to be exactly where we are.

As for the Baines comments, all he said was that we've been lacking chemistry, which is completely true. Martinez then said his comments had been "taken out of context", but made Baines apologise to him for saying them. Considering how much we all love Baines its pissed off a lot of the fans.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Gene Ricman posted:

Personally I'm absolutely fed up of his deluded bullshit. We've been playing the same way for two years now and we still have glaring problems - countless defensive catastrophes, serious lack of pressing, lack of creativity, some loving insane subsitutions, and then blaming everything apart from himself - its all starting to get a bit too much for everyone.
People who don't see us every week say "oh but they play nice attacking football", but most of the time we dont really. Occasionally we might put together a few nice moves or a good counter attack, and we can look exciting when we have to go for broke (usually because we've just given a stupid goal away), but on the whole our football is ineffective. We seem to be capable of keeping possesion for long periods and doing precisely gently caress all with it, while at the other end we look vulnerable from every attack that comes our way. Some people in the media have pointed out the crowd seem edgy all the time and are quick to get on the players backs, but thats because there has been absolutely no change from last year which was an absolute trainwreck. So we're edgy because we've it all before and it keeps happening. Our league form has been awful and we deserve to be exactly where we are.

As for the Baines comments, all he said was that we've been lacking chemistry, which is completely true. Martinez then said his comments had been "taken out of context", but made Baines apologise to him for saying them. Considering how much we all love Baines its pissed off a lot of the fans.

Who do you think could lead Everton to the Europa league places

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

He has definitely succeeded in making everyone terrified of making a simple clearance. When i watch Everton almost all of those stupid goals are from trying to pass out of their own box no matter how obviously inadvisable it is at the time

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Everton need a manager who is a winner, someone like David Moyes.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

dxt posted:

Everton need a manager who is a winner, someone like David Moyes.

perhaps some winning without winning?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

c0burn posted:

perhaps some winning without winning?

That FA Cup win is just a huge albatross around Martinez's neck at Everton.

How can he win if he's already won?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Shrapnig posted:

It's a shame Darron Gibson became a permacrock, he would have been quality.

Another for my list of footballers who can't spell their own names

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

Another for my list of footballers who can't spell their own names

I'd like to see an XI of these.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Chinese names are a nightmare at the beat of times tbf

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Still B.A.E posted:

I'd like to see an XI of these.

I could do you a II

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Blue Star Error posted:

I could do you a II

You can add A-League 'star' Jaushua Sotirio to the list

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
cool list of black people developing here

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
You could fill it with Brazilians like Kenedy and Willian

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

RideTheSpiral posted:

noted black man Darron Gibson

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

if you want to see what else black people can develop just ask Dwight Yorke

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Breath Ray posted:

lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

noted black man Darron Gibson

Ireland doesn't have any black people so sometimes they have to fudge the rules

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Breath Ray posted:

:allears:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

You could fill it with Brazilians like Kenedy and Willian

I'm not so bothered by these because at least roughly the right noises are there in the right places, its when they just shove the wrong vowels all over the shop that it triggers me

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Blue Star Error posted:

I'm not so bothered by these because at least roughly the right noises are there in the right places, its when they just shove the wrong vowels all over the shop that it triggers me

Jordon Ibe

I wonder if Jack Wilshere spells his own name Wilshire the way half of TRP does

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

do you spell London S-H-I-T-H-O-L-E

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

London Donovon

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So what do we call the opposite of St. Totteringham's day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
St. Totteringham's Revenge?

• Locked thread