Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

SirEvelynTremble posted:

can't we look at this objectively?

nope sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

Tone policing, and now claiming objectivity (oops) and rationality are oppressive shuts down any debate. That's absurd.
"Other people have a different viewpoint on the world, time to autistically shut down upon hearing this and then claim 'the debate' is being ruined." - the bad op.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Question : how many times can the OP get destroyed in his own thread?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
KFC Nashville Hot Chicken

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
Never mind that "tone policing" as the OP describes it can't even be defended on the basis of being "objective" or "rational":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
poo poo the tone police are here!

(tone police are two of atlanta georgias hottest male strippers)

oonts oonts oonts oonts

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
one is a black guy named 'tone' who has a mindblowing twerk and his partner 'police' needs no itroduction

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
your under arrest!

*helicopter dick

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
op does have a tone of being a smug gently caress

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i wonder why the OP move the pictures to the top of his post... hmm...

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Question : how many times can the OP get destroyed in his own thread?

how many posts are in this thread, including the op?

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
im objectivismly enjoying this thread a lot more now btw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Words and feelings are meaningless. The only language of struggle should be revolutionary terror.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

i wonder why the OP move the pictures to the top of his post... hmm...
Gotta get the high quality content up front, like a poo poo quote from an 18th century scottish guy and the OP's pictorial defense of First Nations women being murdered en masse (you can't even debate them on their emotional reaction, it's shameful really).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*OP to self, seconds before posting thread*
"Hehe, can't wait to own some people with my pals the goons!"
*OP gets owned instead*

BZZT
EPIC FAIL

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
op let me tell you a secret to soothe your soul: everybody who writes and reads those articles will be dead one day namaste

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
(the bzzt sound was the PA system turning on to announce the epic fail)

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

sorry

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

"5 Ways to Maintain Your Queer Identity in a Relationship People Read as Straight"

:wow: They should call this site "self-esteem and personal validation comes from outside sources: the blog"

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
How many red pills do I need to shove up my rear end to make the pain stop?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Came here expecting something about Ayn Rand enthusiasts being oppressed, I don't know what I git but it isn't that

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I dont know WHAT the gently caress the OP is talking about, all I know is that he should be banned for it

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

every time somebody posts the comic with eyepatch lady i bust my goddamn gut

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Mostly it's about people's fragile egos and less about coddling minorities and it's an answer to people whining and devaluing people cause they "mad" see: stereotypical "loud" black woman

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
for some reason that looks like a metal gear solid character to my broken brain

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You... Took out their anti air.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

a man with a novelty arrow in his head fills the frame

he weeps

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
To argue against rationality in general is nonsensical.

If you read those comments as complaining about people misusing the word rationality, then they actually make sense. Some people might just brow beat the words "rational, objective" and be completely full of poo poo. Just like branding the words "fair and unbiased," doesn't mean poo poo. You must look at the content of their arguments.

I think there are people with axes to grind on both sides, to state the obvious.

Bottom line: People need to be educated in how to think. But that ain't gonna happen. Bring back the Academy and let benevolent philosopher kings rule us all.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Frosted Flake posted:

Exactly. If the ideas themselves can't be argued with, then they can at least be mocked.

Tone policing, and now claiming objectivity (oops) and rationality are oppressive shuts down any debate. That's absurd.

They don't want debate. They want to dictate. They're always right, and anyone who isn't "them" is always wrong. Oh, and if you're what they deem "privileged" then they want you to be a second-class citizen.

SJWs are the new Supremacists.

It was funny before to call them SJWs because it was an ironic misnomer, because no one who believes in social justice would act that way, etc. But we really need a new term for them.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
loving lol

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Agent Escalus posted:

They don't want debate. They want to dictate. They're always right, and anyone who isn't "them" is always wrong. Oh, and if you're what they deem "privileged" then they want you to be a second-class citizen.

It was funny before to call them SJWs because it was an ironic misnomer, because no one who believes in social justice would act that way, etc. But we really need a new term for them.

How about "Social Justice Wannabes"?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Agent Escalus posted:

please record yourself reading this post aloud i want to see if you can get all the way through it before developing a sense of self awareness and then dying from embarrassment

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

PBS Newshour posted:

please record yourself reading this post aloud i want to see if you can get all the way through it before developing a sense of self awareness and then dying from embarrassment

there needs to be a toxx/mod challenge for reading posts aloud

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
how about people who are still more worth listening to than the dumb bitch op?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Serious Frolicking posted:

how about people who are still more worth listening to than the dumb bitch op?

hey whats up with big ol' cartoon booty

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

Animal-Mother posted:

I thought all this goofy poo poo was an exaggeration by sarcastic assholes on the internet, but after hanging around a bunch of college kids for the last couple months, I can assure you that it is real. "Cis-sexist, heteronormative, oppression, emotional health, thin privilege, etc. etc. etc." And yes, they're all fat lesbians with purple hair. It's amazing.

uhhhh what kind of tool hangs around fat lesbians????? are you also a lesbian, and a chubby-chaser in addition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Objectively speaking, you need to get laid Op.

• Locked thread