Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

"I have a cause. How can I express it in a way that will cause everyone who might have sympathized with it to viscerally hate me and my opinions?" -The Modern Progressive

i do kinda sympathize with the objectivity one though. it is pretty strange to think that people advocating for themselves even can be objective. disclaimer here being that reading the op was outlawed by the geneva convention and i don't know or care how these people define objectivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dorkopotamis posted:

When this person draws several people to verify each other I trust them more and I wish I could draw so people might also take me seriously.
Cartoon womyn with rainbow hair, disabilities, and choose your own adventure sexualities are very convincing.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Lots of really mad ppl ITT.

Nice job OP! :skeltal:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oviposition is oppressive

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

cool and good posted:

OP I stopped reading too early to figure out what your game is so all I have to say is shut the gently caress up and take it to reddit

thanks

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I just took a gigantic, emotional poo poo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I have the same problem, OP. My phone also autocorrects "objectivity" to "objectivism" and autocorrects almost everything else I type into the entirety of the John Galt Speech.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
it seems like there is this big cultural clash between, on the one hand, the kind of guy who is able to hold down an IT or STEM related job despite being autistic, and on the other hand, a completely imaginary enemy made up due to a growing contempt of everyone more successful in matters of family life

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

DoctorStrangelove posted:

lol Firefox says Objectivism is not a real word.

Good. Not much rational about it, either.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
What is the objective of this subject? I object that you subject me to the objectionable subjects

stop it

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Have you considered:

A) Expressing your opinion in a form other than "webcomic"?
B) Not trying to rationalize temper tantrums as a valid method of argumentation?

Also, I find your stereotyped drawings of people with Down Syndrome offensive, and object to your attempts to appropriate images of people of color, women, the disabled, etc. in your comic. You are falsely implying that these groups too are giant baby idiot assholes.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Applewhite posted:

I have the same problem, OP. My phone also autocorrects "objectivity" to "objectivism" and autocorrects almost everything else I type into the entirety of the John Galt Speech.

sounds like your phone's self aware and also an rear end in a top hat.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

PBS Newshour posted:

well goodbye forever gbs, see you on the flipside

more like GBS Newbhour lmao

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Agent Escalus posted:

They don't want debate. They want to dictate. They're always right, and anyone who isn't "them" is always wrong. Oh, and if you're what they deem "privileged" then they want you to be a second-class citizen.

SJWs are the new Supremacists.

It was funny before to call them SJWs because it was an ironic misnomer, because no one who believes in social justice would act that way, etc. But we really need a new term for them.

Social justards

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Pee pee, doo doo, Tumblr is a bad website.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't really understand what is going on but I need to punch something now, brb.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ork of Fiction posted:

Lots of really mad ppl ITT.

Nice job OP! :skeltal:

mostly we are just upset that the op is alive and sucking up valuable oxygen that a brush fire would make better use of

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I do 15 minutes of cardio before posting for maximum efficiency.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
counterpointe

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
`

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

duh im a woman. i hate thinking and being right. im going to knit a cake from my menstrual fur.

Mom?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

mdm posted:

can comebody explain ayn rand's objectivism vis a vis rape culture?

I think she had a lot to say about that, objectively

In Randian Objectivism, the ideal sexual relationship is a man violently dominating a woman he admires without asking for or expecting her consent. A truly rational woman will always want to be dominated by a man, so it's technically not rape as long as she has proper Objectivist values. If she doesn't have proper Objectivist values, she's not worthy of admiration so you're a bad person if you want to have sex with her.

Basically, Rand's views on sex are a great example of her belief that her subjective preferences were the only rational ones. She personally liked being violently dominated by a man in bed, so all women should want to be violently dominated by men, and all men should want to be violent dominators of women! Just like how she personally liked to smoke, so everyone should like smoking!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The idea of objectivity is a non-starter

Interpersonal reality is mutually constructed through the relations between people and the symbolic structures which can be communicated and agreed on. Because "objective reality" is constitutes through social interaction and mediated by the relations of individuals, "objective reality" will always reflect the biases of the power dynamics of the people viewing it

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Objectivism is the epistemology of autism

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Agent Escalus posted:

They don't want debate. They want to dictate. They're always right, and anyone who isn't "them" is always wrong. Oh, and if you're what they deem "privileged" then they want you to be a second-class citizen.

SJWs are the new Supremacists.

It was funny before to call them SJWs because it was an ironic misnomer, because no one who believes in social justice would act that way, etc. But we really need a new term for them.

They lack any sincere ethical grounding other than reacting to conservative forces, in that they are a reactionary movement that fully depends on their oppressors to define their own struggle, the way batman needs the joker.

Their mode of struggle is, clinically speaking, hysterical.

Their movement is not only self defeating and has no hope of going anywhere, it ultimately provides the fuel to fire the right wing reactionary movements, they are like the yin and yang of keeping everything the same

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

various cheeses posted:

Social justards
'Regressive left' is starting to catch on

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Good grief new achewood has gotten bad

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Commie NedFlanders posted:

The idea of objectivity is a non-starter

Interpersonal reality is mutually constructed through the relations between people and the symbolic structures which can be communicated and agreed on. Because "objective reality" is constitutes through social interaction and mediated by the relations of individuals, "objective reality" will always reflect the biases of the power dynamics of the people viewing it

Facts are facts. Shut up, nerd.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lot of older white nerds ITT

the world doesn't have to pass you by, guys

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

drat, you are just salty af about the feminazis and the SJWs, aren't you?

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!
Crybullies is also a term I have heard lately that people have been using against SJWs, I think it's an appropriate one, and also very catchy.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

8 track betamax posted:

Good grief new achewood has gotten bad

it's not as good, but it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

counterpointe

TU QUOQUE