Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I'll take Patrick Reed since I know him and he's a cool guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Come on Patrick, you can turn this around

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I work in a South African restaurant in Houston. Literally every South African person I've ever met (a lot!) has been white.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
South Africa was settled by a lot of different people. Portuguese, Dutch, French, British, And Indian people all settled there throughout the years so you're gonna get a lot of different foods and flavors from there. Also you'll inevitably have people who are white or black or Indian looking that have South African accents because they ARE South African.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

straight up brolic posted:

Is the course just playing ridiculously difficult today? Seems like no one is under par

What do you mean no one is under? My boy P. Reed is sitting at 2 under for the day!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
The lack of TV coverage always baffles me. This is the biggest tournament of the year and you can't show the leader and defending champion WHILE he's playing? I just want to watch Rory and there's no way to do that since he's not in a featured group and its not on TV.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

thebushcommander posted:

ESPN Coverage starts in 10 minutes, sooo

Yeah, after a lot of groups are already done. It just doesn't make any sense. You have the whole golf channel and the only thing they can do is show that Spieth putting video 3 times over the course of a couple hours while golf is actually being played?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Uh oh, Reed with an Eagle. Puts him at -3 for the day through 8. Keep it up Patrick.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Troy Queef posted:

He'll still be a little poo poo, though.

(God, I have the pettiest reasons for hating professional golfers: for instance, my opinion on Jason Dufner turned after he signed a clothes deal with Vineyard Vines)

I legitimately know Patrick Reed as one of my best friends is his caddy/brother in law and he's actually a nice guy. He's cocky and wears awful clothes but he's pretty cool in person. We had a nice chat about Batman vs Superman while walking down the 11th fairway at the SHO last Sunday.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Kameh posted:

Also daric wtf man, Houston goon? Need to golf.

Yeah man! I've been hitting balls the last few days after work. I can't wait to get an actual round in.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Kameh posted:

Where do you normally play? I'm down here in Pearland.

Gosh, I was hoping Spieth would make it interesting and dump it in the water.

I live on the northwest side so I play Glennloch and Northgate the most. I could literally throw a golf ball from my backyard into Champions but I've never played it.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Kameh posted:

I've... Never played either of those. Private?

Glennloch is public, Northgate is private. I have a couple buddies who are members and my brother used to be the cart boy there so I get to play pretty often usually.

There's a couple other public courses close to me that aren't great but they're cheap. What's it like out in Pearland? I don't remember if I've played anything out there but when I was playing in high school I didn't really pay attention to where we were going. I really should have.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

C. Everett Koop posted:

Willett DQ'd, ejected from Augusta for using cell phone on course grounds, Spieth declared winner.

You joke but my buddy got threatened with a lifetime ban yesterday for pulling his phone out on the driving range after the day was over. He's a caddy. They don't give a poo poo about anyone.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Josh Lyman posted:

I've always wondered, do the players drive from the Atlanta airport or do they fly into the tiny August airport?

It depends, the players with more money will charter a plane out of the Augusta airport. That's what Reed did today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah email me at DaricAshy at gmail

• Locked thread