Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Put me down on the Stenson train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Watch Jack Nicklaus make tough guy security guards become six inches tall when they recognize who he is on Magnolia Lane.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/drive-down-magnolia-lane-jack-nicklaus/

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kameh posted:

Yeah, it's the British unless it's specifically stated as "US Open."

His swing is so shallow, deep rough (typical of a US Open) can really affect the quality of his strike. If his driving isn't on, he shouldn't be contending. He's only got 4 top 10s in US Opens, the last being 2011. He's also got 3 top 10s in the Masters, and 4 in the PGA.

The Open? He's got 9 top 10s.

BUT HOW MANY WINS DOES HE HAVE KAMEH????????????

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sorry, that wasn't nice.

Justin Thomas and Rickie Fowler made back to back hole in ones in the Par 3 contest earlier.

They're in the same group.

Edit: Spieth was the third in that group too.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 6, 2016

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

347 year old Gary Player just made a hole in one, his 38th according to the commentators.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

Ernie Els just six-putted the first hole. None of them were outside three feet.

I can't wait to see the "highlights" of this.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Oh my.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

Spieth is just ridiculous. I can't believe people thought he wasn't going to show up.

33-33, 66.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Things aren't looking good for one DJExile.

Edit: Wow, Rickie shot 80 and made three birdies.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

daslog posted:

I counted 7 putts

The rake for 10 that kinda looked like he rolled it along the edge of the putter?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

thebushcommander posted:

Noticed a few players are now hitting those PXG Iron... Johnson being one of them...

https://www.pxg.com/clubs/irons - Pretty expensive irons are like $350/ea

Actually a pretty decent stable of players.

https://www.pxg.com/pros

Interesting that Johnson moved after winning a major last year.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah at least on CBS on the weekend, only 4 minutes of commercials per hour.

It's ok, they fill up the rest of the time that would be for commercials with 6 minute interviews that no one cares about while there's still live golf going on.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Adam Scott shot +4. RIP my dreams of winning the pool. :(

It's pretty tight other than you and DJExile.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Metapod posted:

And who ever picked Sergio

Kameh never learns though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Not so good for Dayman, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bubba with the bogey, bogey, double, bogey, birdie finish.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kameh posted:

Ride. Or. Die.

I'm sorry, you haters were saying?

Is it 7pm on Sunday?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

apparently it is not common knowledge that 'native' is often used for non-white indigenous inhabitants of a colonial territory and is therefore an amusing and strange choice of words to specifically apply to a white african

You're an insanely bad poster, holy poo poo.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Right on cue: a double

He four putts as Golf Channel is doing a segment on how good of a putter he is

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Masters coverage is always like this, and if you wait 15 whole minutes you'll get TV coverage.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Daric posted:

Yeah, after a lot of groups are already done. It just doesn't make any sense. You have the whole golf channel and the only thing they can do is show that Spieth putting video 3 times over the course of a couple hours while golf is actually being played?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

No, it's all about money.

Why pay millions and millions of dollars extra to cover rounds when everyone is at work?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Phil just left one in the bunker, heh.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dutchy posted:

Its a shame because Augusta is purdy as hell and I like seeing golf played on it but the theres this super creepy, uncomfortable feeling to everything.

I think streakers and stuff are dumb but id love some hippy dude to run out naked on the 18th purely for the catharsis of it + maybe Jim nantz will finally have a heart attack and go away

It's a private club that is free to make its own rules. If you think the rules are "creepy" then don't go to or watch the event.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

He should stop playing so slowly if he doesn't want to be timed.

They're over a hole behind, gently caress em.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Interesting. In that article it mentions:

"He himself was run down and nearly evicted from the premises for the crime of ducking under a rope near a putting green to cross a forbidden expanse of five feet"

This happened to me at the Masters when I was a 13 year old with my dad. Last day of the tournament and we were walking by some hole that everyone had played through and it seemed like there were zero people around. We ducked under the ropes that lined the player path to the tee box (not even on the playable course) and some old white dudes emerged from the woods and just berated us for like 5 minutes and threatened to kick us out and ban us for life.

And I mean they were mean about it.

So you went somewhere you shouldn't have and got yelled at for it, boo hoo.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DeChambeau is gonna be good on Tour.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BonoMan posted:

I mean you would have to be there, but it was a full on "screaming at us for 5 minutes and threatening to ban us for life" for simply walking over the player path so, yeah, I think it was quite over the line. Considering at ANY OTHER TOURNAMENT at *most* you'd get a "don't do that" and that likely wouldn't happen when the tournament was over and nobody was playing the hole.

We didn't take off across the course. We walked over a 3 foot patch of grass behind the tee box.

Now that deadspin article puts it all in perspective.

Or, you know, just stay where you're supposed to be.

You're a guest at a private course.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Yes so glad the world is so black and white without context. Enjoy your time at Augusta.

"we ducked a rope we shouldn't have ducked and got yelled at"

That's clearly the fault of the security and the marshals on the course.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bill Barber posted:

It's me. I'm the guy that defends a billion dollar club of racist old men for being super weird.

A private billion dollar club that is well within its rights to allow or deny anyone they want to be on their private property.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bill Barber posted:

No one has said they weren't within their rights though. We're just making fun of them for being so completely anal about it.

So go write a post on your tumblr about it.

Compared to a lot of private golf clubs in the US Augusta is incredibly tame.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Some of the putts on this course are absurd. They look like they're about to stop after six inches and then just keep nudging themselves along and all of a sudden it's a 20 foot putt.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

My least-favorite golfer is going to miss the cut and I'm happy.

There are so many to choose from.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Watson is playing with a soccer ball.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Zach Johnson's career earnings are $40 million and he's going to be in the Hall of Fame.

These things unironically upset me.

And that's not even taking into consideration that he refuses to acknowledge that he's bald as gently caress.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

"Do you think you could ask Jordan to stop swinging his club around."

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

you are ruining my posting experience with your terrible and also extremely boring posts

Now you know how it feels to read your posts.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I wonder if you can buy Matsuyama's Asics golf shoes in the US.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Apparently Jeff Knox was hanging with Bubba through the front but dunked one on 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

McIlroy already losing his mind with Spieth's deliberate pace this is going to be hilarious.

You say deliberate I say soul crushingly slow.

• Locked thread