Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should sit on the Iron Throne
Cersei Lannister/Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
Jamie Lannister/Bronn
Jon Snow (bitch you know he ain’t dead)/Ser Davos Seaworth, “the Onion Knight”
Brienne of Tarth/Podrick Payne
Tyrion/Varys/Missandei/Grey Worm coalition
Arya Stark/No One
Sansa Stark/Theon “Reek” Greyjoy
Reanimated corpse of The Mountain/Wight that used to be Badass Wildling Milf
View Results

• Locked thread
Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

lmfao if you just realized about R+L=J and CLEGANEBOWL we were talking about that poo poo half a decade ago before the GRRM thread devolved into winne the poo / Jamie Lannister slash fiction and insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I made my first post on a SA GRRM thread on 15 OCT 2005

kill me

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I'm not sure, but I think the poll might have been manipulated by the mods. Is this how Shillery Clinton is fighting the Bern

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Where's the vote for Griff jr?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

So I lost a bet a couple months back and the result was to buy the first season, and donate an equal amount of cost to a charity. Then watch the first season.

5 seasons later, I hate myself for being a gigantic nerd over this show. And now am going to invest in an e-reader specifically to get the books.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Waiting on Cleganebowl is basically the only reason I'm planning on keeping up with the show. Cause it's not like that fat gently caress is gonna finish the books.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I just wanna point out I made a cleganebowl reference before cleganebowl was a thing

Nerd cred

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I first read the ASOIAF books back in 09, with some borrowed copies from a friend, all with cheesy as gently caress 90's fantasy novel covers.

My uncle saw me reading one and said, "Is that one of them Dungeons and Dragons kind of books?"

I said, "....Yeah...."

He said in one of those earnest, sage advice kind of voices, "Well that's okay, as long as you're ashamed of it."

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

The Rat posted:

I first read the ASOIAF books back in 09, with some borrowed copies from a friend, all with cheesy as gently caress 90's fantasy novel covers.

My uncle saw me reading one and said, "Is that one of them Dungeons and Dragons kind of books?"

I said, "....Yeah...."

He said in one of those earnest, sage advice kind of voices, "Well that's okay, as long as you're ashamed of it."

Thats the same uncle that got you drunk for the first time, wasn't it?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I've never been drunk in my life tbh.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I'm not sure, but I think the poll might have been manipulated by the mods. Is this how Shillery Clinton is fighting the Bern
The White Walker party have been stuffing the ballot box by reanimating the corpses of the slain and busing them to the polls. (Actually kinda like Hillary now that I think about it.) This is why we need voter ID; if you're merely the undead extension of an immortal monster's will, you should be disqualified from voting.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Dead Reckoning posted:

The White Walker party have been stuffing the ballot box by reanimating the corpses of the slain and busing them to the polls. (Actually kinda like Hillary now that I think about it.) This is why we need voter ID; if you're merely the undead extension of an immortal monster's will, you should be disqualified from voting.

Look a tax paying citizen regardless of the warmth of their blood is entitled to a vote same as anyone else.

#whitewalkerlivesmatter

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

As strong a ticket as mountain / milf wight is I feel obligated to vote little finger for family reasons

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

guys are you hyped? Cause I'm loving hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Looks like The Mountain is gonna tear that dudes head off, also pretty sure it's the same dude from the previous trailer who said "Step aside or there will be violence"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mr. Nice! posted:

guys are you hyped? Cause I'm loving hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

Nope. The show is literal trash and I refuse to watch it because TVIV told me so.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Bolow posted:

Looks like The Mountain is gonna tear that dudes head off, also pretty sure it's the same dude from the previous trailer who said "Step aside or there will be violence"

I can't wait for those fucks to get gutted and dismembered in an extremely unpopular massacre that further alienates the Lannisters from the population of King's Landing.

Can someone who's read the books spoil it for me and tell me whether the people react with jubilation or whether they get pissed off about their holy order getting gutfucked by a giant Frankenstein monster?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

We don't know either. We've already reached the point where the last book's timeframe matches the end of the last season. We're in uncharted territory now, boys.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The book with the Red Wedding and Tyrion leaving to find Dany was first published when Bill Clinton was president.

Tyrion still hasn't met Dany in the books.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

We don't know either. We've already reached the point where the last book's timeframe matches the end of the last season. We're in uncharted territory now, boys.

I love it. Nobody has any idea where the plot is going to go and it is amazing.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Deathy McDeath posted:

That stupid fat gently caress is gonna die and the HBO version is gonna be the only version of the end of the story

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Deathy McDeath posted:

:agreed:

Also pleased to see team Yara back in that trailer.

How about some death predictions? I say Jamie Lannister, Episode 7. Some sort of Machination of Cersei's goes wrong, and the Sparrows or the faith assassinate him.

Also bound to be a second tier character knocked off in the first episode, so that can be ...say Reek, dispatched in the first scene he appears in.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Jamie is way too clever to end up dying, he has no self-righteous streak and is pretty much looking out for himself the entire time. Like he's legit one of the best characters on the show. Shame about the sister loving though

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I don't disagree with you, Jamie is a cool guy. I don't think he deserves to die but that might be why he gets it.

Looking at the main charcaters in the poll, I reckon Jon and Dany will have immunity for a long time yet, Cersei is bound stick around to make things worse for everybody, Tyrion and Sansa aren't likely to die before they get to do whatever they were building up to do. Unfortunately that also leaves lots of cool secondary characters like Bronn, Davos and Littlefinger with plenty of scope to get the ol' knife treatment.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Starks normally only bite it in the odd seasons so this time I'm saying we are gonna wind up with a poo poo ton of dead Bolton's when the spooky scary skeletons roll in

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
^^^ fuuuuck you!

no stark will die until late next season, seeing how they kill one or more off at the end of every odd season

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Smiling Jack posted:

The book with the Red Wedding and Tyrion leaving to find Dany was first published when Bill Clinton was president.

Tyrion still hasn't met Dany in the books.

Tyrions arc is really lovely the second he gets out of Westeros and I'm glad the show seems to be glossing over it

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Booblord Zagats posted:

Tyrions arc is really lovely the second he gets out of Westeros and I'm glad the show seems to be glossing over it

The fourth and fifth books are loving terrible

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Smiling Jack posted:

For the most part they really are.

But the show is doing a very good job of mitigating the bullshit and making lemonade with the rest of it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Booblord Zagats posted:

For the most part they really are.

But the show is doing a very good job of mitigating the bullshit and making lemonade with the rest of it

Plus they know the ultimate ending and are actually producing things, so it isn't a worry that the fat old gently caress is gonna die before he finishes his story.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

Literally the only good part of those two books was the secondhand story about Bronn.

"He lanced the horse!"

I read that section, leaned back and went :smugdog: "Mah nigga."

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The Rat posted:

Literally the only good part of those two books was the secondhand story about Bronn.

"He lanced the horse!"

I read that section, leaned back and went :smugdog: "Mah nigga."

Bronn is easily the most GiP of all characters, he just wants his benefits and a release from all this stupid bullshit with the occasional option for asymmetrical violence

edit: If they ended up giving him a dog and having it be his sole focus, we'd probably start a cult

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 12, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Bronn and Tyrion best team up in the whole drat series. Book and TV.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Bronn owns

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I thought the most GiP dude was the guy who wants to burn everything with wildfire?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Two Finger posted:

I thought the most GiP dude was the guy who wants to burn everything with wildfire?

He's the most Shim dude

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Booblord Zagats posted:

He's the most Shim dude

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
if george hadn't spent hundreds of pages describing food, feasts, clothing, armor, castles, sex etc in explicit and unnecessary detail, he would have finished the books a decade ago. which is also why the tv show bucks the trend by being better than the books.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The only decent food part is when the fat guy has some freys killed, butchered, and served up in meat pies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Pretty sure there was an entire chapter just describing the food at the purple wedding the wedding where Joffrey died

• Locked thread