Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should sit on the Iron Throne
Cersei Lannister/Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
Jamie Lannister/Bronn
Jon Snow (bitch you know he ain’t dead)/Ser Davos Seaworth, “the Onion Knight”
Brienne of Tarth/Podrick Payne
Tyrion/Varys/Missandei/Grey Worm coalition
Arya Stark/No One
Sansa Stark/Theon “Reek” Greyjoy
Reanimated corpse of The Mountain/Wight that used to be Badass Wildling Milf
View Results

• Locked thread
Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Well that's less interesting than I thought.

The thing that annoys me about the Sand Snakes isn't the plot holes, it's the accents. Does it sound like anything on earth? Are they trying for a Spanish accent? (Which I'm not really familiar with, TBH) Reminds me of Gene Hackman's Polish in Bridge too far, gonna find it tonight and compare accents.

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing most of last seasons loose ends tied up. I think my favourite bit was Thorne's duplicitous speech on loyalty post assassination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Am I the only one who is glad that they are pretty much ignoring that dumb cripple kid? I know he is a vital character in the boom and whatever, but holy gently caress, I don't care.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I think that'll change in the next week or two. That's a pretty slow storyline compared to all the other poo poo they had building up to the end of S5. IIRC it's pretty much where the book left off with him, too. Anyway, it's a better early-mid season plot.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Jaguars! posted:

Can someone explain Darkstar and why the spoiler thread keeps using him as a punchline to everything?

He's built up a lot as a cool and dangerous dude, but when he shows up he isn't very cool and he tries and fails to kill Myrcella. He's related to actual cool and good dude Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning, one of the greatest knights in history, who might show up in this season fighting Ned and Howland Reed at the tower of joy

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

bulletsponge13 posted:

Am I the only one who is glad that they are pretty much ignoring that dumb cripple kid? I know he is a vital character in the boom and whatever, but holy gently caress, I don't care.

That's changing this season, sorry about your luck

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nuke Dorn

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

bulletsponge13 posted:

The blurb for A Feast of Crows should have been "Hodor and Bran trudging through the snow, forever."

I hate that loving book.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Hodor!

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
i just skipped all the chapters about boring characters in the last 2 books.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

This is the only redeeming part of books 4 and 5:

quote:

Lady Falyse’s face was bruised and swollen, her eyes red from her tears. Her lower lip was broken, her clothing soiled and torn. “Gods be good,” Cersei said as she ushered her into the solar and closed the door. “What has happened to your face?”

Falyse did not seem to hear the question. “He killed him,” she said in a quavery voice. “Mother have mercy, he... he...” She broke down sobbing, her whole body trembling.

Cersei poured a cup of wine and took it to the weeping woman. “Drink this. The wine will calm you. That’s it. A little more now. Stop that weeping and tell me why you’re here.”

It took the rest of the flagon before the queen was finally able to coax the whole sad tale out of Lady Falyse. Once she had, she did not know whether to laugh or rage. “Single combat,” she repeated. Is there no one in the Seven Kingdoms that I can rely upon? Am I the only one in Westeros with a pinch of wits? “You are telling me Ser Balman challenged Bronn to single combat?”

“He said it would be s-s-simple. The lance is a kn-knight’s weapon, he said, and B-Bronn was no true knight. Balman said he would unhorse him and finish him as he lay st-st-stunned.”

Bronn was no knight, that was true. Bronn was a battle-hardened killer. Your cretin of a husband wrote his own death warrant. “A splendid plan. Dare I ask how it went awry?”

“B-Bronn drove his lance through the chest of Balman’s poor h-h-h-horse. Balman, he... his legs were crushed when the beast fell. He screamed so piteously...”

Sellswords have no pity, Cersei might have said. “I asked you to arrange a hunting mishap. An arrow gone astray, a fall from a horse, an angry boar... there are so many ways a man can die in the woods. None of them involving lances.”

Falyse did not seem to hear her. “When I tried to run to my Balman, he, he, he struck me in the face. He made my lord c-c-confess. Balman was crying out for Maester Frenken to attend him, but the sellsword, he, he, he...”

“Confess?” Cersei did not like that word. “I trust our brave Ser Balman held his tongue.”

“Bronn put a dagger in his eye, and told me I had best be gone from Stokeworth before the sun went down or I’d get the same. He said he’d pass me around to the g-g-garrison, if any of them would have me. When I ordered Bronn seized, one of his knights had the insolence to say that I should do as Lord Stokeworth said. He called him Lord Stokeworth!” Lady Falyse clutched at the queen’s hand. “Your Grace must give me knights. A hundred knights! And crossbowmen, to take my castle back. Stokeworth is mine! They would not even permit me to gather up my clothes! Bronn said they were his wife’s clothes now, all my s-silks and velvets.”

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

gently caress Bronn owns

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Two Finger posted:

gently caress Bronn owns

He also named his wife's son Tyrion, just to stick it in Cersei's eye.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Bronn really is the greatest.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Waiting a whole week for a tv show sucks, you guys.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Godholio posted:

this is why i love and hate netflix

i don't have to wait for the next episode
until
i get to the end of the season
then i get to wait for a loving year

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Yeah, I mainlined series 1-4 and since then having to wait has been painful.

I'm curious which side of the ocean those two sand snakes will turn up on. Hopefully they get some more major happenings going on this episode, though.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Godholio posted:

:golfclap:

gently caress you

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Gonna keep an eye out for this.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

ohhhh

:drat:

To be fair, I haven't had that problem because I quit multi-volume fantasy novels after reading the Demon Lord Of Kyranda in 1999. Best decision of my life.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
:rip: roose, gone too soon :(

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Haha, god drat, Ramsey turning it up to 11 this week.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
So how is Ramsey gonna die? I'm betting on one of the wildlings doing it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Flikken posted:

So how is Ramsey gonna die? I'm betting on one of the wildlings doing it.

Jon Snow is gonna ice that motherfucker. This whole episode was setting up Ramsey's demise by Snow. Roose Bolton said it himself: you act like a mad dog, you're gonna get taken out like one.

How I see it going is like this: Ramsey Bolton's charge on Castle Black is going to be proof of how legitimate Snow is to take the throne. I don't think anyone seriously considers Bolton a legit threat. He's a hurdle to clear.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Ramsey and dogs

vs

Jon and dire wolf

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
a dire wolf is like a big dog so dire wolf

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

ramsey is good and hosed now

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
That's a new character what threw the viking king off the bridge right?

Didn't recognize that dude. Assuming he's the viking kings younger cooler brother?

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Rad Lieutenant posted:

That's a new character what threw the viking king off the bridge right?

Didn't recognize that dude. Assuming he's the viking kings younger cooler brother?

It's either Euron or Victoron, both younger brothers. It's most likely euron, but in the books he wears a eye patch so I dunno

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

Jon Snow is gonna ice that motherfucker. This whole episode was setting up Ramsey's demise by Snow. Roose Bolton said it himself: you act like a mad dog, you're gonna get taken out like one.

How I see it going is like this: Ramsey Bolton's charge on Castle Black is going to be proof of how legitimate Snow is to take the throne. I don't think anyone seriously considers Bolton a legit threat. He's a hurdle to clear.

And Snow died, so his oath to the Watch is fulfilled.

And I'll admit it, I completely expected Melisandre's efforts to be a 5 minute scene that ends in failure. I was even watching Ghost to make sure he wasn't interested as she progressed through her ritual.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
P alright episode, nice to not see the sand snakes bring things down.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Actually yeah, that was a busy episode. Lots of poo poo happened. loving Hodor, man. And Ned's sister. And "don't eat the help."

Although, I think "It's what I do. I drink and I know things." is now one of my favorite quotes.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Sacrist65 posted:

It's either Euron or Victoron, both younger brothers. It's most likely euron, but in the books he wears a eye patch so I dunno

I'm betting on Asha/Yara being the Victarion to this guy's Euron.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Series ends on a shot of Varys and Theon starting a support group after the White Walkers eat everyone's balls like an army of late 90s Mr. T's

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I chuckled pretty hard when The Mountain brained the poo poo out of that dude

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
He wasn't lying about his cock. Maybe his story was actually true!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bolow posted:

I chuckled pretty hard when The Mountain brained the poo poo out of that dude

:lol: I forgot about that.

Edit:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 2, 2016

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

good episode
lots of fools got dusted
oh and snow's back apparently

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Lot of business taken care of. Not spreading the resurrection over more episodes is a good sign that a lotta poo poo gonna packed in this season, I reckon.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Jaguars! posted:

Lot of business taken care of. Not spreading the resurrection over more episodes is a good sign that a lotta poo poo gonna packed in this season, I reckon.

Yeah...I really didn't think it was going to happen this early in the season, if at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
prediction: Dual Queens. Dragon lady and Pirate lady in a lesbo queen marriage.

what is dead may never die

• Locked thread