Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should sit on the Iron Throne
Cersei Lannister/Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
Jamie Lannister/Bronn
Jon Snow (bitch you know he ain’t dead)/Ser Davos Seaworth, “the Onion Knight”
Brienne of Tarth/Podrick Payne
Tyrion/Varys/Missandei/Grey Worm coalition
Arya Stark/No One
Sansa Stark/Theon “Reek” Greyjoy
Reanimated corpse of The Mountain/Wight that used to be Badass Wildling Milf
View Results

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Bolow posted:

I chuckled pretty hard when The Mountain brained the poo poo out of that dude

Better one was when that giant yanked a dude off a rampart and smashed him against Castle Black's wall.

Godholio posted:

Although, I think "It's what I do. I drink and I know things." is now one of my favorite quotes.

"If I ever get an idea like that again, I want you to punch me in the face." is pretty much how our enlistment exit speeches should go.

ALso..

Ramsey should have just knifed himself. Thats way better than what Snow/Sansa/Melisandre/Wildlings/Davos will do to him 5 episodes down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Bolow posted:

that was fuckin great

was hoping he'd get into some poo poo again, but I guess we'll have to wait

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Are these episodes a few minutes shorter than normal? I thought the older ones went pretty close to the 1 hour mark, but with all the new HBO poo poo at the start and end, they still come in under the 1 hour.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Episodes have always been 42-54 minutes iirc

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kind of bummed that we're gonna have to wait until next season for the Cleganebowl

My money is on a double KO

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Was that the same dude that flashed his junk at Cersai during the Walk of Shame? Pretty sure it was, so :lol:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Was that the same dude that flashed his junk at Cersai during the Walk of Shame? Pretty sure it was, so :lol:

Oh yeah. The preceding scene is of him erroneously boasting about Cersei licking her chops after he flashed his dick to her.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

RIP flasher. He maintained pressure to the last. Would that we could all die such a noble death.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

When the High Septon was like "together we can overthrow an empire!" I was like "Bro you just gave away your entire game plan. You just gave away the game. You can't pretend anything anymore and you're gonna be on the receiving end of Lannister Fun Times."

also:

Genocide Tendency posted:

Better one was when that giant yanked a dude off a rampart and smashed him against Castle Black's wall.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Sergg posted:

When the High Septon was like "together we can overthrow an empire!" I was like "Bro you just gave away your entire game plan. You just gave away the game. You can't pretend anything anymore and you're gonna be on the receiving end of Lannister Fun Times."

also:

well let's be fair they weren't exactly being subtle about their intentions
now we find out if zombie mountain can take down an army of faith militant

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you wouldnt need a whole lot of trained and equipped knights and men at arms to cut a bloody swath through a rabble of religious fanatics wearing potato sacks and armed with bits of wood

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Two Finger posted:

well let's be fair they weren't exactly being subtle about their intentions
...and it's not as though the Lannisters gave people a pass for loving with them for noble or sentimental reasons.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you wouldnt need a whole lot of trained and equipped knights and men at arms to cut a bloody swath through a rabble of religious fanatics wearing potato sacks and armed with bits of wood
Especially if you bottle them up in a confined space first.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Eh... The problem is the peasants are more willing to side with the sparrows at the moment. Have to get the city to turn on or at least fear the church fundies first. Then you trap them in the church and burn it down.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Yes, superior training and weaponry will easily overrun these religious militants that can blend in with the population at large, who will in many cases harbor and side with them.

Wait, why does this sound familiar?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

Yes, superior training and weaponry will easily overrun these religious militants that can blend in with the population at large, who will in many cases harbor and side with them.

Inshallah

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Godholio posted:

They have shaven heads and a pentagram on their forehead.

In the book they also have Knights called the Rainbow Guard or something who just sound like a bunch of medieval S J W's

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Managed to watch GoT 24 hours late without poo poo getting spoiled :unsmith:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
That's why you should just kill everybody

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

They have shaven heads and a pentagram on their forehead.

In the book they also have Knights called the Rainbow Guard or something who just sound like a bunch of medieval S J W's

Rainbow Guard were Renly's kingsguard, most of whom ended up dead after renly died.

I just want to see ZombieMountain break heads.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Genocide Tendency posted:

Eh... The problem is the peasants are more willing to side with the sparrows at the moment. Have to get the city to turn on or at least fear the church fundies first. Then you trap them in the church and burn it down.

Ol' Vlad knew how to create a good counter insurgency battle plan. "Nurn everythign they love and everything that may love them" works wonders if you've got the backbone to push the advantage

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Yeah let's be real here, the Lannisters aren't winning any popularity contests anyway, might as well go Full Stalin. The alternative is to let those fucks keep the queen locked in a dungeon cell and keep humiliating the royal family. Gonna be interesting to see if they execute Sir Loras Tyrell as a display that they will absolutely execute Queen Margery if pushed.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Sergg posted:

Yeah let's be real here, the Lannisters aren't winning any popularity contests anyway, might as well go Full Stalin. The alternative is to let those fucks keep the queen locked in a dungeon cell and keep humiliating the royal family. Gonna be interesting to see if they execute Sir Loras Tyrell as a display that they will absolutely execute Queen Margery if pushed.

Bronn gonna show up to help out Tommen since he is bros with both his Uncles, DMX will start playing and he will go straight up "The Raid" on the Sparrow boys until he comes out with Marge on his shoulder and holding the decapitated head of the High Sparrow himself

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Pikehead posted:

Rainbow Guard were Renly's kingsguard, most of whom ended up dead after renly died.

I just want to see ZombieMountain break heads.

Okay, they had some sort of heraldic order. It's been so long since I read the books because that morose fat bastard is too busy editing books about rape and turning up to comi-cons so omega males can tongue out his shithole instead of finishing his magnum opus before he dies of a heart attack so massive that it might cause the planet to implode.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

ah yes as we all know, the lannisters, and medieval people in general, were super considerate of the concept of human rights and would never slaughter thousands to put down a revolt

oh wait. keep your modern sensibilities out of my game of thrones

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

ah yes as we all know, the lannisters, and medieval people in general, were super considerate of the concept of human rights and would never slaughter thousands to put down a revolt

oh wait. keep your modern sensibilities out of my game of thrones

In their own capital? Yeah, that's generally a bad idea, even in a medieval (or similar) setting. It would easily kick off another kingdom-wide war, which they'd be unable to deal with because would take their army to crush a city.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Okay, they had some sort of heraldic order. It's been so long since I read the books because that morose fat bastard is too busy editing books about rape and turning up to comi-cons so omega males can tongue out his shithole instead of finishing his magnum opus before he dies of a heart attack so massive that it might cause the planet to implode.

In the books there was a knightly order who carried around crystals or something like that for the rich crazies. The poor crazies got handed a begging bowl and a mattock and got told to clump up with other poor religious nuts and smash whores or whomever.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

In their own capital? Yeah, that's generally a bad idea, even in a medieval (or similar) setting. It would easily kick off another kingdom-wide war, which they'd be unable to deal with because would take their army to crush a city.

Dead Reckoning posted:

...and it's not as though the Lannisters gave people a pass for loving with them for noble or sentimental reasons.
Especially if you bottle them up in a confined space first.

worked for justinian :shrug:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I could see a chance for success if they cordoned off the area around the sept and went nuts. But a city-wide pogrom is a bad idea.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

I could see a chance for success if they cordoned off the area around the sept and went nuts. But a city-wide pogrom is a bad idea.

worked out alright for the 1st crusade

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Are you drinking? That's not really comparable at all.

Godholio posted:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

Are you drinking? That's not really comparable at all.

if youre just gonna quote yourself then ill do so as well

pick your poison. also not sure how killing a bunch of militant religious retards would trigger another civil war? and who gives a gently caress if it might when the sparrows are a real threat right loving there and theyve stated their objective of overthrowing the nobility to jamie loving lannister

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if youre just gonna quote yourself then ill do so as well

pick your poison. also not sure how killing a bunch of militant religious retards would trigger another civil war? and who gives a gently caress if it might when the sparrows are a real threat right loving there and theyve stated their objective of overthrowing the nobility to jamie loving lannister

I just look forward to Jason Mountain Voorhees killing as many of them as possible in as many creative ways as possible.

Funny thing I noticed is with Cersei having short hair now, she kind of looks like Besty Palmer circa Friday the 13th and The Mountain...well he looks like Medieval Jason Voorhees.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Lannisters will roll into the church and crush some fools. The plebs will cry and also get crushed then run away. The commonfolk in this story always get loving crushed.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ded posted:

Lannisters will roll into the church and crush some fools. The plebs will cry and also get crushed then run away. The commonfolk in this story always get loving crushed.

poo poo they don't even get to be called common folk, isn't the term small folk? Somehow they seems even shittier then common folk.

The only thing I could see being an issue is Tommon being held hostage...actually that seems as likely a way as any for him to get ganked (in line with the prophecy).

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
provided they just kill the sparrows and don't burn down the sept or whatever I don't think there'd really be an issue. Then again I'm someone who has read the books and is actually looking forward to the last one despite the fact that I'm having all the major plot points revealed to me by the TV show so who cares.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Kawasaki Nun posted:

provided they just kill the sparrows and don't burn down the sept or whatever I don't think there'd really be an issue. Then again I'm someone who has read the books and is actually looking forward to the last one despite the fact that I'm having all the major plot points revealed to me by the TV show so who cares.

I love the books and think the tv show compliments them, but there's no way i'm waiting until 2084 for book 15 to come out before I watch the tv series. They'll be different enough anyways that most of it will be new.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Marge is gonna kill herself after she gets brainwashed by the High Sparrow and Cersei gets Tommen to launch a raid to kill the Sparrows and rescue her. Tommen will be crushed and end up making Joffery's lack of concern for the lives of his people look like Mother Teresa

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This is a really dumb rabbit hole, but I'm procrastinating from other stuff. :)

The Crusades don't compare because it was thousands of miles from the Crusaders' capitals. Justinian smashed about one city block's worth of rioting, not an entire city. Basically more like what I suggested about surrounding the sept.

The Lannisters are already hugely unpopular everywhere except Casterly Rock. Even their allies are fed up with them, and they're facing a major threat from Dorne even if they only partially realize it. The Tyrells are a question mark at this point, since Margaery is still rotting away under the sept; whether they continue to support the Lannisters probably comes down to whether she dies in this hypothetical anti-sparrow police action. She probably does, so they're probably out. The bulk of the Lannister army has to engage the sparrows all over the loving place which means smaller patrols vs a large formation, while the kingsguard, gold cloaks, and probably part of the army burn the city. Whether the other kingdoms realize they're stamping out the sparrow problem or not, you can bet the North is waiting for an excuse to rise up again, likewise the Ironborne, and Dorne is already acting up. Razing King's Landing and declaring war on the faith (not that the North cares about that part) seems like it might qualify. That's a bad situation to walk into without consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was just thinking does anything exist in the GoT world where the Lannisters could just pull a Philly PD and drop an explosive on the top of the Sept or is it just going to be Blue Temple fun?

• Locked thread