Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bakuon is a comic and now an anime about motorbikes. Motorbikes are cool and you should like them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eonZv3HDyA0

Published in Young Champion Retsu since 2011, Bakuon is a Seinen comic by Mimana Orimoto detailing the comedic exploits and misadventures of a wild bunch of high school girls who have access to incredibly dangerous speed machines.

Bakuon is a series I like a lot, about the culture and the life you experience as a young person with few responsibilities and access to your own motorcycle. Mostly irrelevant and comedic in tone, it still manages to evoke nostalgia in people who were the same kind of rider, and teach people who don't know anything about bikes quite a bit by the end of it. It's worth checking out just for that.

At its heart its just a comic about people who ride bikes that go fast and vroom vroom. These are the people:

Hane!!

Hane wants to ride bike but can't not yet. She needs a license first.

Suzuki!!

Suzuki likes Suzuki and thats why her name is Suzuki. She rides a Suzuki. Her dad rides a Suzuki. It's Suzuki all the way down!!

Onsa!!

Onsa is cool and has cool hair. She has the coolest hair probably. She also knows the most about bikes and helps out at her family bike shop. Neat!

Hijiri!!

Hijiri is full of rebellious spirit, but also money. You can totally have both. The nicest person in the comic. She's too young to ride. Coincidence?!

Who?!

What? Wha!!! You probably aren't even gonna be in this run, go away!!

Raimu!!

She's the leader of the bunch! She's really good! She's really old! How old? We just don't know.

Bakuon is a cool comic with pretty high quality art that also has a good sense of comedic timing, which is pretty hard in comic form. It also has a strong cast of characters that play off eachothers personality quirks pretty well, and these are all of the reasons you should read it.

It's unlicensed, so for the moment at least you can read it here:

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/bakuon-r10977

If you don't feel like reading though, now it's in anime form too and you can watch it on mondays here at crunchyroll:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/bakuon

This thread is for the fan translated comic, and I am going to fill it up with funny manga panels presently.

Just remember that only idiots ever ride bikes, and you'll be fine.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 5, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 5, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 5, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 5, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 5, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reserved.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG5qf0H4tTI

Admoon fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 5, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

End of Reservations.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sharkopath posted:

:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reported for not adding to the thread.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Very important that there is also an official Bakuon video game available for free on the Bakuon website under the game tab.

Can you beat my high score?

http://bakuon-anime.com/

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
today i watched bakuon and the episode of bubblegum crisis with the guy in the car who runs over bikers. i think they take place in the same universe

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

There's significantly less ultraviolence in bakuon world, or at least we aren't shown the full extent.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Onsa rules and bikes are cool

My favorite bike is all of them because they're fun

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Did you get your bike yet or are you still looking around?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Did you get your bike yet or are you still looking around?

I'm still shopping but it's been a lot of fun trying out different bikes! I have to keep in mind that I have to go 100+ miles every few weeks so finding one that is comfortable for a long ride is hard when you're just test driving

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

The cool part about getting into bikes is that everyone is really nice and welcoming and you meet a lot of people who want other people to have the same good experiences they do

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The shopping around part is some of the most fun yeah.

At least have a riding style or even manufacturer down?
How about engine size?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

The shopping around part is some of the most fun yeah.

At least have a riding style or even manufacturer down?
How about engine size?

I want to get a more sporty bike because it's the kind I've wanted since I was in highschool but I don't want to get a small bike and end up wanting more. I've been looking at mostly 600cc+ bikes and Kawasaki and Yamaha have been the most enjoyable ones so far when it comes to look and feel

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

My friend went with a ninja and that's a great bike, was lots of fun to test although the sport posture took me some getting used to. Everything ive seen from Yamaha has been great bikes too, but they run a bit pricier in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also the other side to everybody telling you fun stories about biking is that everybody else is going to be desperate to tell you the story about how their uncle had a bad accident.

• Locked thread