Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Welcome to the MWW- Mighty Women of Wrestling! Brought to you by...

For two years, the MWW has brought to you the best in women wrestling! No Bra and Panty matches here! There are totally no 'Divas'! And the only 'Knockouts' you will find are those courtesy of a kick to the face!

A new dawn is rising, however, as for the first time since it's inception, the coveted MWW World Championship is vacant! While no one yet knows how a new champion will be decided, there is one fact that is certain...

YOU have an opportunity of a lifetime!

What are you willing to do, to step out of the shadows, and into immortality?

-----

Uh... Josh, I don't know wrestling. I don't watch it and I don't know a wristlock from a wrist watch. This game might not be for me...

Not to worry! I aim to be newb friendly. Myself, and two other people in this game (thelazyblank and ShootaBoy) are on IRC and can be reached via #Swampthings. Don't be shy to ask questions. I also plan to add a Glossary for wrestling Lingo and Terms that the common muggle might not know.

Wrestling is very easy to follow, so don't be intimidated. Just think of it as a soap opera mixed with UFC and you will not be that far off.

...okay. So what is World Wide Wrestling? Is there a Creative License Copy I can grab?

Go here.

What you are looking for is the free 'Beta Playtest' copy. While I don't know the main difference between that and the Full Rules I have, it is enough information for you to be able to play.

And if the game interests you enough, that site also has links on how to buy the game. :)

What is the MWW?

The MWW, Mighty Women of Wrestling, is an North American based women's fed that occasionally travels to Mexico, Japan and other foreign countries. While they have a ways to go to catch-up to the men dominated Wrestling companies, they have successfully carved a name for themselves and for the time being, are self sustaining with a loyal fanbase.

They have a TV deal that allows weekly syndicated recordings of their shows AND they Stream their PPV's (iPPV).

Who am I?

You are, per default, a popular wrestler in the middle card of MWW!

This year, you are considered a serious candidate to compete for the MWW World Championship, and it's up to you to be both entertaining enough and forceful enough backstage to earn the honor.

Gimmick guidelines

I'm aiming at 4-5 players but less is fine as well. All core Gimmicks are in play, as well as the ones from Season One.

In addition to a background of your wrestler:

Entrance: Give me an entrance song, or equivalent. Make it personal, make it memorable!

Fighting style: what do your wrestler's moves look like in the ring? Give us a brief description as to how you envision that they fight?

Keep in mind, that I can be found on IRC. If I'm not around, sling a post to ShootaBoy and he'll get around to me.

Or you could drop a question here as well. That also works!

See you in the ring!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
reserved for Glossary

Kayfabe: The concept that the audience accepts the scripted reality as 'real' in order to enjoy a wrestling show, acknowledging that there's a legit reality behind it all

Work: "To work with someone" is to wrestle them; "That's a work" is a reference to the scripted nature of a moment in the show. This game uses work as a Stat that represents a characters technical wrestling ability.

Shoot: Opposite of a work, a shoot refers to something that "really" happens. I use
the term "legit" interchangeably with "shoot".

Heat: Heat can refer to any notable response from the crowd (the crowds response
to a bad guy in particular) or legit bad blood between people backstage. This
game uses Heat as a Stat that measures the crowd reaction to the relationship
between two wrestlers.

Pop: The vocal crowd reaction to a wrestlers appearance or a particularly exciting
moment of a match. Wrestlers often compete to "pop the crowd" the most.

Book: To plan the show and decide on the outcomes of the matches ahead of time.
The head of a wrestling promotion is usually the booker, or employs a booker. In
this game, Creative is the booker, but some Gimmicks give the other players the
ability to book a segment of their own.

Swerve: An unexpected change of plans, either to surprise the audience or a legit
change necessitated by something like an injury or a no–show. Generally, players
swerve Creative's booking with their characters' actions.

Botch: To flub a move, or to refer to a move that was executed poorly. In this game,
a Botch is any die result of a 6 or less, and triggers negative consequences for
the player who rolled the Botch; if a Botch occurs during a wrestling match, the
narrative should include the Botching of the wrestler's maneuver as well.

The Finish: The pre–determined ending of a wrestling match. In this game, Creative
tells the players the finish as the match nears its end, to preserve the feeling
of the wrestlers competing in good faith (and give the players opportunities to
swerve the booking).

Over: Popular with the fans; getting over is the act of gaining that popularity, and
putting over is the act of making your opponent look good.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Apr 6, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Like the OP says I'm on irc basically all day or you can even use PMs here if you have them and I'll do my damndest to answer any questions you might have.

edit: I've done my app outside a quote box to make it easier for anybody unsure of what they're doing to use the framework of it.

Bio

Kayfabe(fake): "I've wrestled all over the world, of course I'm here. I go wherever I can get the biggest paycheck, doesn't matter if it's here, Japan, Mexico, or even some pisshole of a backwater indy, as long as their check clears I'll be there. You see I'm what you'd call a prizefighter, I'll break faces all night long if I'm getting paid for it. If there's no money then well, there's no Tess. I'm the biggest, toughest, baddest, and all around best fighter you're ever gonna see in your pathetic excuse for a life, and now that the time is right here in MWW I'm gonna show the rest of the company how it's done. Watch your head."

Shoot(real): "Hey I'm Tess, yeah it's my real name, well it's short for Theresa anyway. You catch the promo just now? Not my best work I'll admit, but it fits the character. Hmm? Well parts of it are true. I have wrestled pretty much anywhere that had a ring, and I am pretty drat good. The whole paycheck bit noooot so much, the pay is nice yeah, but really I'm here to wrestle and entertain. It's a great feeling when you get a whole crowd chanting 'You suck!' at you, doesn't matter if it's 200 people or 20,000. Keep an open mind and you might just pick up a few tips rookie."

Stage name: Tess
Hails from: Encinitas, California

Entrance: Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight

Gimmick: The Veteran
Role: Heel
Fighting Style: A hard hitting, somewhat unorthodox style. Similar to the Japanese "Strong-Style" but with an added number of painful holds, high flying moves, and a few more headbutts. Uses a variant of the headlock driver she's named The Scrunt as a finisher.

Stats
Look 0
Power -1
Real -1
Work 2
Audience 2

Moves
Finishing Move
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether you or your
opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: you use your veteran skills to force a win,
and gain +1 Heat with them; or you let them look strong in defeat, and they gain +1 Audience. On a botch, you win by
countout, disqualification or interference (Creative’s choice), and you lose -1 Audience.

Veteran Instincts
Gain +1 Momentum when you start a match.

Put Over
When you show vulnerability to an opponent in the ring in order to make them look good, roll +Work. On a 10+, you both gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, one of you gains +1 Audience and the other loses -1 Audience, your opponents choice. On a botch, you lose -1 Audience and your opponent resents you for your pandering.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 16, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
In it to win it. How "kayfabe" do you feel that we should be? Is this a world where wrestling is given at face value and the business protected, or do we play with the people behind the gimmick as well? Or that weird Reality Era mix in between where the "people behind the gimmick" are personas in themselves?

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

In it to win it. How "kayfabe" do you feel that we should be? Is this a world where wrestling is given at face value and the business protected, or do we play with the people behind the gimmick as well? Or that weird Reality Era mix in between where the "people behind the gimmick" are personas in themselves?

Aaaaha! Thanks for bringing that up! The following is for the benefit of those who has no idea what Kayfabe means, Nixon, your answer is below)!

World Wide Wrestling works best with your PC having a Wrestling Persona and a Civilian Persona. When your PC acts within her Wrestling Persona, she's acting in Kayfabe. Civilian? Non-Kayfabe. Thus, when the cameras are on, then she should be Kayfabe**.

The goal of the Wrestling Persona is to entertain the viewing audience. The goal of the civilian is to be successful (which could have several meanings that is roughly created by you. What would your character define as success? Having their wrestling persona be respected? Fame? Lots of title wins? Upholding the tradition of wrestling?).

**The reason I said 'should be', is because sometimes, for whatever reason, you can opt to have your Civilian Persona's motivation leak out on camera. When this happens, it's known as Breaking Kayfabe. Calling a wrestler by her real name instead of her Wrestling name, talking about fiction lies (for example, you could be the Kayfabe sister to another wrestler, when in real life, that isn't true), etc. Breaking Kayfabe has a huge risk/reward factor in WWW, so it's worth knowing this.

Nixon, Our Viewing audience will be like the modern day audience who 'knows' wrestling is fake, but wants to suspend their belief. Similar to any other fictitious mediums (like Novels and Soap Operas.

While the majority of this game will be Kayfabe, the percentage that will be non-kayfabe is dependent on both the Gimmicks used and the moves that are triggered.

It should also be worth mentioning, that 'injuries' that happens as a result of moves are going to be considered NON-KAYFABE injuries, though an argument can be made to make it Kayfabe if it makes sense. My reasoning behind this is because most of the time, an injury is suffered due to a hard move or a consequence of a triggered move.

Does that clarify things, Nixon?

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 5, 2016

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Yeah, definitely apping to this, may need some time to work out all the details.

WORKING ON THIS STILL

Kimiko Saito, the Technician
Role: Heel (can flip)
Hails From: Osaka, Japan

Entrance Style: Loud & Overblown. Outside of the ring, always wearing some sort of striking jacket and the aviators, she tends to spend very little time styling up her entrance. An extended open-armed pose at the top of the ramp, followed by a half-charge to the ring, occasionally yelling at the crowd. Once in the ring, she goes to the various corners, taunting the crowd and her opponent with various mocking gestures. If she waits for her opponent, she sits impatiently on the top turnbuckle, not removing anything until her opponent is in the ring.

Fighting Style: Submission focused, heavy on technical holds, hip tosses and wristlocks. Known for her clever trips and takedowns. Some strikes thrown in for good measure, but mostly in the corners, and simple high-flying moves to round out her arsenal of moves. Takes great pride in avoiding pure rest holds as much as she can, going with legitimate-looking submissions instead when able.

Signature and Finishing Moves: STO, Tornado DDT, Saito Lock (Head-and-Arm Inverted STF)

Bio (Kayfabe): I learned how to fight in Japan. Not wrestle, fight. Surely, you understand what this means. It means everything I do is to make sure I win, no matter how it must be done. I'm here to show that I'm the best here. Not to make friends, not for a celebration of my culture or anything like that. I have come to fight with the best women in the world, and my goal is to come out on top. I am here to be champion, and if you think you can stop me, you can wager an arm or a leg for the chance. You don't have to be six feet tall if you can take away someone's leg, something my uncle taught me.

Bio (Real): There's a reason I left Japan. Too much strong-style, not enough fun. I became a wrestler to travel the world, enjoying new parts of the world. My uncle was a wrestler, spent all of his time in Japan and no one outside of Japan has heard of him. No, not -that- Saito. I lucked out that said family did know my uncle and father well enough to allow me to use the name without bringing up too many problems. Sure, the championship would be nice to cement a legacy, but I'll take a good payday and a good match over a title any day of the week. Things are never that cut and dry, however.

Stats:
Look -1
Power 0
Real -1
Work +2

Audience 1
Momentum 1

Finishing Move:
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. You gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: they counter and you have to slap a real submission hold on them, gain +2 Momentum; they no-sell your finish and you have to hit them with it again, gain +1 Heat with them. On a botch, pick one: it’s sloppy, lose -1 Audience and win the match; or you go overboard and really crank in a hold, you injure your opponent, and end the match in a no contest.

Versatile:
You use the opposite Role move of anyone you’re squaring off with (in or out of the ring). If you’re facing a Babyface, you use the Heel Move, and if you’re facing a Heel, you use the Babyface Move. If you’re facing an Advanced Role, you use your normal Role Move.

Technical Expert:
Take +1 Work

Heat Questions

»»Who was holding me back as my tag team partner?

»»Who’s trying to learn by watching me in the ring?

»»Who’s jealous of my skills?

»»Who is trying to teach me to be more of an entertainer?

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 25, 2016

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bio

Ria's career in the WMM so far has been a mixed one. Brought in during an otherwise off season, her agile and flashy fighting style mixed with her brash and confident persona quickly won the hearts of many fans. Unfortunately for her, her second season in the ring was cut short by an injury, and she was unable to reach the kind of status that she had been building herself up to deserving. Since then, she's used her backstory of a streets-to-success scrapper to generate hype for her comeback, but most don't know how much she's exaggerating the hardscrap life she claims to have lead. Yes, she was in foster care, yes, she did have to live on the streets for a few months, but luck would have it that she was adopted shortly after into an affluent business owner's family. Those connections got her where she is now, so more than anything, she needs to prove to herself that she belongs here as much as anyone else, and she'll push herself to the limit to do it. Injuries be damned, she'd be a legend before she was done, come hell or high water.

Kayfabe(fake): "Cmon, is there any doubt? This year is Ria's year, and there ain't no one on the card who's going to stop my rise to the top! I'll give the fans what they really wanna see, which is top rope takedowns with more style than any of these chumps, after I've run them ragged in the ring. I came all the way from the streets for this moment, and the fans that brought me here will NOT be disappointed again. Keep your eyes on me if you can, because this year, I'm taking the belt, and prove to everyone that Ria rules the ropes once again!"

Shoot(real): "Yeah, okay, so I'm a little cocky, is that so bad? I came from a foster home, buddy, and look where I am now. If I'm gonna make a name for myself, I'm gonna have to be louder, better, and far more exiciting than anyone else in this promotion. My fans have taken me this far, and I've treated them well, so at the very least, I'm gonna put on one hell of a show for them. It's really a shame I never actually learned spanish though, being Bilingual would have put my numbers through the roof."

Stage name: Ria Rupel
Hails from: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Entrance: Killin' It - Pumping up the crowd, playing the audience, and always finding an unorthodox way of getting into the ring that showed off her parkour skills. Lots of pyrotechnics, the flashier the better.

Gimmick: The High Flyer
Role: Babyface
Fighting Style: An improvised style made up of acrobatics honed by years of free running, combined with quick strikes and agile manuevers off and on the ropes. After tiring her opponents, she goes for a big and flashy finish, typically ending the fight with her own version of the Harlem Hangover.

Stats
Look 0
Power -2
Real -1
Work +2

Audience 2

Moves

Finishing Move
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. You gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: they counter and you have to resort to a roll-up, gain +1 Heat with them; or you execute another high spot, and gain +2 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win, but pick one: it looks terrible and you lose -1 Audience; injure your opponent; injure yourself.

Fan Favorite:
You know they want to see you. When you make a big deal of being passed over roll +Real. On a 10+, pick 2, on a 7-9 pick 1: Demand, and be granted, a match; gain +1 Heat with the one sidelining you; gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, you were wrong, lose -1 Audience.

Work in progress.

Juchero fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 6, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maria is billed as 5’ 9’’, a powerfully solid and built woman with a squarish jaw and small, dark eyes, and her long black hair tied back in a ponytail once she enters the ring. Her ring attire is normally a sports bra and trunks combination with a rose print design of various colors, with gloves that cover only her middle and ring fingers. When coming down to the ring in her entrance, she wears a long robe and boxing gloves, and her hair held down long.

Kayfabe Promo: “My name is Maria Madonna, and I was born to be a champion. I am a champion, and no one shall stand above me. When I came to your country, this land of opportunity, I came with my head held high, and gave more respect than you ever deserved. Instead you spat on me, but you could not rid of me. Now I have come to take your little belt and add it to my collection, and show the world just how little it means when it’s only just one of a dozen. No woman can beat me, no man can resist me. History? Tradition? When I hold the belt, there will be no history or tradition. There will have been no previous champions, only Maria Madonna, and she will be forever.”

Shoot Promo: “My name is Maria Suarez Betancourt, and I was born to be a champion. I am a champion, and no one can take that away from me. Like my father I wanted to fight, but found there was little opportunity. I trained hard and worked my body every day, and fought for every belt and accolade they had, but it was never enough. When I tried to come to America, they offered me a contract for this wrestling. This isn’t real fighting. This business disgusts me, but I will do anything to be on top of it, if this is all that’s left for me. I don’t care if they make a mockery of my heritage or my religion, as long as they learn to respect me.”

Bio: Maria Suarez Betancourt was a woman’s boxing champion brought in by WWW for MWW to be a draw as a new babyface champion, using her real name under a special contract, aimed at Spanish-speaking audiences. However, her babyface debut was an absolute disaster. She had very little training, barely spoke English, and the Spanish she spoke was not the Spanish of most Latino viewers. She also hurt people, and had a very bad attitude about it. She lost most of her original fanbase with the move to “fake” fighting, and her dismissal of her new profession in some interviews made her reviled by smart marks. While she doesn’t show it, she was ultimately humbled by the fact her contract was in danger of being canceled and the response, and has been repackaged. Making her new debut as Maria Madonna, she rolls the previous story and crowd rejection into a new heel persona, playing upon cultural themes to an almost exploitative level, and instead of trying to ignore her Castilian accent, accentuating it in both English and Spanish to provoke the audience. She’s just starting to get over in this way, but she’s got a long way to go. And she hasn’t stopped hurting people that get in her way, and while her stiffness when all goes well makes a match impressive, it’s only a matter of time before the locker room finds a way to humble her further. She has no real friends and her ability to wager her past accolades as a draw has evaporated, so she needs to learn the business real quick if she’s going to make it to the top in any way.

Stage name: Maria Madonna
Hails from: Almería, Spain

Entrance: Caccini’s Ave Maria via electric guitar. Low lights and smoke with a choral, almost sinister quality, undercut by a sudden upswell of guitar and shining lights, and a highly ostentatious display as she comes down the ring in special entrance gear, responding to the boos and jeers as if the audience is completely beneath her. They usually get the Spanish speaking announcer to introduce her in Spanish.

Gimmick: The Athlete
Role: Heel
Fighting Style: A strike-heavy style that emphasizes her history in women’s boxing, with relatively easy holds and power moves and no real high flying. As she becomes more polished, she’s known for being very “stiff” (in both a good way and a bad way) and “disassembling” an opponent by being unrelenting in working a body part. Her finisher is the Matador Lariat, simple and brutal, looking like bloody murder in the ring, but when she really wants to hurt someone (and when it’s not a proper Finishing Move), she uses the mandible claw as a secondary, submission move.

Stats
Look -1
Power +1
Real +1
Work -2
Audience +1

Moves
Finishing Move
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. You gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9,
you need their help. They choose: they make it obvious you need them, gain +1 Heat with each other; they carry you
through it, you both gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win off an obvious botch, pick 1: lose -1 Audience
or injure your opponent.

Has the Look
Gain an additional +1 Momentum when you Work The Audience, even if you botch.

Previous Accolades
When you leverage the accomplishments in your career before you joined this company, roll +Real. On a 10+ you get to set up any segment you want or book yourself in a match; on a 7-9 you can ask for any segment or match you want, and if it’s not granted you gain +1 Heat with an authority figure. On a botch, it’s completely irrelevant to the powers that be.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 6, 2016

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Bio

Kayfabe(fake): "Fascist pigs are on the rise again, all over the place. Shitheads never went away. Fight's always going on! This poo poo? This is just me having some fun and getting paid to promote the Anitfa movement! If you're hearing this, go get yourself some martial arts training! Cuz fascist scum is in your neighborhood, and the only cure for fascist marching in your street is a boot to their loving balls, administered daily! Looking at this place to find other people ready to loving mix it up! And if one of these girls gonna appeal to fascist pricks, I'm gonna make them watch my boot all over her face!"

Shoot(real): "The Anti fa thing? Real. Crazy real. It's easy tossing around Voltaire and be all 'Fight for your right to say it' but most people saying it just are afraid to fight. People are getting terrorized, people are getting hurt, and those doing it aren't going to stop it because of a peace march. Only to stop them is with the thing fascists fear most. An actual fight. What isn't real is the constant rage. College degree in journalism doesn't really mesh with the kayfabe. I got a blog and write for some publications. I sometimes go in Kayfabe to demonstrations though. Always got some folks who think they can prove themselves against me, since 'wrestling is all fake'"

Stage name: Rosa
Hails from: Hamburg, Germany

Entrance: Bash the Fash She always enters smoking, putting out her cig before getting into the ring, with enthusiasm and zeal. If fans are cheering she tends to go to them, giving them friendly punches and inviting counter punches.

Gimmick: Anti-Hero
Role: Babyface
Fighting Style: A mean, wild, vicious style. I've been told to link to this

Stats
Look +1
Power -2
Real +1
Work -1
Audience 1

Moves
Finishing Move
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6. On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether you gain +1 Audience, or whether your opponent does. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Chose: you win clean, and you both gain +1 Momentum, or win via count out, disqualification or interference, and gain +1 Heat with your opponent. On a botch, choose: you lose -1 Audience (but get the win) or you’re screwed out of victory by an authority figure

MOUTH OF THE PEOPLE:
When you speak truth to power, roll +Audience. On a 10+, gain +1 Momentum and pick 2; on a 7-9, pick 1: They shut the hell up right now; you get booked in a match with them; you gain +1 Heat with them. On a botch, you get beat down by their cronies.

RULES? WHAT RULES?:
When you break the rules in a match, roll + look. On a 10+, you get away with it, book the finish of the match on the fly. On a 7-9, pick 1: you get away with it and gain +1 Momentum, or you don’t and gain +1 Heat with your opponent. On a botch you get DQed and lose the match (the results of this Move overrides Creative’s booking)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Bio
Octavia always had to fight to stand out despite herself. Her stature barely reaching five feet certainly contributed to that. Her love of fashion was lost on bumblefuck Redding. If her preening was done with less of a tinge of resentment she might have not dived headlong into the punch look. At least the platform boots put her on eye level with a few of her friends. Wrestling was what they liked. But Octavia was too short on friends to complain. It had soon grown on her and she brought the same passion that she did for managing her own appearance. While she had dreamed of being a proper actress, the ring had just as many lights and fans as the stage. Her tattoos, piercings, and even split tongue would make her an unglamorous character actor anyway. Emotionally preparing herself for never being a star early in life destined her for being a work horse in the ring. But maybe if she pays her dues she can have her day in the spot light?

Kayfabe(fake): "Hey you best pay attention right now because I'm gonna be the one to watch!" *squats like a delinquent* "Little Hellion might not take up that much space, but it's just that much harder to see me ready to strike! Because everyone knows, the bigger they are the harder they fall! So yuck it up now punks while you're riding high. Because it's a. long. way. down. during the fall. And I'll be there to give you the push. I won't be sent away, ya hear me?! I'll flip the whole works like a table. Every star, every somebody, all you rich and famous are going to get yours. I'll keep the bottom nice and comfy for you when you're down here in the filth instead."

Shoot(real): "So I'm Octavia. No nickname, I like Octavia. Anyway I'm psyched to just be a part of this. My friends turned me to MWW back when Yggdrasil won the belt. She was the coolest. Heh, I could never be her though I'm barely two thirds the size. But it's how you swing the axe right? The manager is a really good person. My costume is basically what I already wear, haha! As long as I don't end up against a garbage wrestler It shouldn't be a problem. I'll uh, probably not wear all my piercing if it comes to that. Anything to stay in the ring, right?"

Stage name: Little Hellion
Hails from: Redding, Pennsylvania

Entrance: Hellion jumps out onto the ramp and psyches herself up for the match, fit pumping and hopping down the way. It's a quick no frills bit, which she'll insist is because she wants to get to the action.

Gimmick: Jobber
Role: Face
Fighting Style: Hellion visibly throws her whole body into attacks. Her over undisciplined extended blows are easy to punish on misses. She has a number of attacks from the mat she's developed to threaten reversals to drag out a match and make it exciting.

Stats
Look -1
Power -1
Real 0
Work 1
Audience 0

Moves
DO THE JOB: You are always booked to lose your matches. When your opponent pins you for the win, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you make them look great. They gain +1 Audience. On a 7–9, you do OK. Gain +1 Momentum or +1 Heat with them, your choice. On a botch, you don’t sell it right. You both lose -1 Audience. If your opponent is another player’s wrestler, roll for this when they make their Finishing Move.
CAREER WRESTLER: If you end a session with Audience +3 or higher, you can change to any other Gimmick, per the changing Gimmick rules. If you end a session with Audience 0, you aren’t fired—instead, your Audience is reset to +1.
MULTITALENTED: When you demonstrate leadership or ability outside of the ring, roll +Real. On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7–9 pick 1: someone important notices you; someone gives you the opportunity to prove yourself; take +1 Momentum. On a Botch, you make a fool of yourself.

Who was my tag team partner before they made it big?
Who can’t remember who I am?
Who refuses to work with me?
Who is always trying to get management on my side?

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 11, 2016

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Liking what I'm seeing so far, and I'm heavily considering cutting things off here. But I'm not, since I don't want to stifle anyone who is on the fence.

But if you are on the fence, then a word of warning: I will cut things off on Friday 11:59pm. I need to at least see a concept, and a filled out Gimmick Sheet.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Today was a trying day, but what ever!

The deadline has passed and we have our finalized roster!

So, with a perfect split dynamic of faces and heels, we now go to Heat questions!
Each of you have a list of questions (that I will post here for convenience sake). Out of these questions, for every wrestler who answers said question, you gain +1 Heat with them. You must then specify a background behind the answer (is it a real life relationship? Is it a wrestling storyline? Etc). A single wrestler CAN have more than one quetsion under the same wrestler (for example, Rosa could take two of Maria Madonna's questions if she chooses and no one objects).

When in doubt, always assume that it's part of a wrestling storyline of some description. I can help provide context if need be.

As usual, you can reach me, Shoota and Blank on IRC if you have questions.

And speaking of questions:

Faces:
Rosa- Antihero

✶ Who did I have to kick the poo poo out of to show how badass I am?

Kimiko posted:

Have to is a very strong term, but Kimiko and Rosa had a very stiff battle in the ring that involved a lot of icepacks in the back. Punches, kicks, nasty hard takedowns, pretty much everything was in some way hard-hitting without getting into an actual street fight style match.They can both stand and strike with the best, but most people think that Rosa got the best of it which still pisses Kimiko off to this day. Kimiko has a proud tradition behind her, and while she doesn't enjoy working in the usual Joshi style, she knows that she can. Whether it was an off-day or just too much confidence, no one's quite sure. But Kimiko hates talking about that match for good reason.

✶ With whom do I have a reluctant alliance?

Hellion posted:

Octavia is a little bitter at a more narrow gimmick than the one she was running gaining prominence over hers. Hellion however oozes venom for her err... friend. Hellion still takes a crack at people gunning for Rosa, to soften them up for her. But she makes it clear they share enemies and if Rosa gets too high on her horse they'll be enemies too.

✶ Who do I think is a slave to management?

Maria posted:

Tess might be the face of the company in kayfabe, but both behind the scenes and in her gimmick persona, Maria leans heavily on politics, and while that goodwill ran dry, there's still a few chances and she's eager to prove herself to the only people she thinks matters in the promotion; those being the ones doing the booking. Maria doesn't like to be thought of as a yes-woman, and perhaps she's more independent than she comes off, but there's a hundred reasons Rosa wouldn't see it that way.

✶ Who wishes they were as cool as me?

Ria posted:

During her time out of action, when Rosa left the ranks of the Jobbers and cemented herself as an outrageous anti-hero, Rio watched the antifas wrestler carefully. She could pull off stuff in the ring she never thought a Face could, things she wished she could get away with. What she lacked was a cause, something that her fans could get behind and support. As of now, she's scouting out foster home organizations, doing promo pieces to solidify her identity in the fans minds, and yet, in reality, she realizes it's a pale shadow of the passion Rosa shows for her cause.

Little Hellion- Jobber

✶ Who was my tag team partner before they made it big?

Rosa posted:

They used to be a tag team pair called 'Red Ink' and they were pretty much both jobbers back then. A pair of angry, scary looking women with aggressive moves to get squished. But Rosa had presence, and Rosa wasn't satisfied with having her Antifa self constantly get the losing side. She got over, she swerved some books and soon the crowd demanded to see more of Rosa. But the crowd didn't demand Little Hellion. Kayfabe, Rosa always presents herself as a fan of Little Hellion, still calls her comrade like she used to, though how Little Hellion reacts to that is up to her. Rosa also legit feels a little bad about 'abandoning her' and would love to see Octavia be taken out of Jobber Hell and a return of Red Ink.

✶ Who can’t remember who I am?

Maria posted:

Is this some kind of rib? It doesn't feel like a joke. Let's be honest, a heel designed to be a physical powerhouse like Maria is showcased in a lot of squash matches. Hellion has had a lot of experience at the receiving end of that "stiff" working style, at its best and its worst. It's the grounds for some kind of relationship, antagonistic or not. But Maria doesn't even seem to notice that Octavia is there off the camera, and in the ring it's entirely dismissive and undercutting to her personal, no-selling her lines and gimmick spots. It's a completely open question why someone in desperate need of friends in the locker room treats someone so badly. It'd almost be better if she was more a bully than this.

✶ Who refuses to work with me?

Kimiko posted:

Octavia's a nice woman and all, but Kimiko has a certain amount of pride and everything that happens in their matches feels sloppy and disorganized. This may change in the near future, but Kimi never likes wrestling down to her opponent and the way these matches tend to go, it's mostly about doing exactly that. Until the Hellion wrestles a style that doesn't end up with things looking as ugly as they do, Kimiko's going to do whatever she can to avoid wrestling any matches with Hellion. It's not personal, it's only business.

✶ Who is always trying to get management on my side?

Tess posted:

Octavia has some real potential, she just needs a proper chance to show it off. Tess knows that someone has to eat pins night after night, and that Octavia is good at it. The main crux of her argument has always been that while she may be good as a jobber, she could be great as an actual competitor. Good look, engaging style, and that simple fact that everyone loves a good underdog. None of that ever reaches the crowd though. Past the curtain Tess acts like Hellion is a annoying fly, and their height difference, over a foot, certainly adds to that comparison.

Ria Rupel- High Flyer

✶ Who always has my back?

Hellion posted:

Octavia has a lot of respect for someone who came back to the ring from a big injury, and fights against the idea of the business leaving her behind. She plays up that respect with her character, as Ria is someone who has to reprove herself and thus is a kindred spirit underdog.

✶ Who mentored me when I first joined this roster?

Kimiko posted:

Part of the whole tag team idea was for Ria to pick up some better ring skills in general while Kimiko would learn a little more about the more international, entertaining style that people tend to think of as pro wrestling outside of local wrestling traditions. Kimiko passed on some of her ideas on the strengths of the Japanese style, including how to work a crowd with only in-ring work and pacing. Overall, there was a lot of learning between the two, and Kimiko isn't against another tag team or even a feud where the two of them can work together to show off what they're good at.

✶ Who’s ripping off my highflying style?

Hellion posted:

At a intimidating 5'1" Hellion isn't pulling off any choke slams. She's always been animated in the ring but had stepped it up when Ria was recovering to keep the brawl ballet fans tuning in. She's been trying to develop her own wild rough around the edges spin on it, but it's hard to hide your inspirations when everyone has seen the same material.

✶ Who wishes they could do what I do?

Rosa posted:

Rosa is not a very technical fighter, going at it with grit, gumption and showmanship. What Rita is doing though is way beyond her technical skills. It has happened before that in fights against her, Rosa, clearly impressed by some of the moves has tried to do some ambitious high flying moves herself. It usually ends with a botch. In interviews Rosa expresses a sense of both admiration and frustration at it, and saying one day she'll beat Ria at her own game.

Heels:

Kimiko Saito- Technician

✶ Who was holding me back as my tag team partner?

Tess posted:

When Kimiko first got signed the management, in all their wisdom, ploped her in tag team with Tess figuring it would be a semi-natural match. Both performers had spent large amounts of time in the Japanese circuit, even fought a few times, so it seemed like a safe bet. But they never gelled, a nasty combo of differing styles and their general approaches to wrestling meant that the tag team was, thankfully for both of them, short lived.

✶ Who’s trying to learn by watching me in the ring?

Maria posted:

Of all the possible styles to move in the direction of, Saito's Japanese style requires more training than Maria's got but appeals to her sense of impact and roughness. She's all but enamored with Kimiko's obvious skill on the roster, even if she's not as much of a physical specimen as Maria is, and of most of the mid-card it's Kimiko that Maria has shown the most respect to. Maybe it has to do with the former joshi laying her out flat on the mat one or more times in sparring. Who knows if the respect is anywhere near mutual.

✶ Who’s jealous of my skills?

✶ Who is trying to teach me to be more of an entertainer?

Ria posted:

Early on in their careers, Ria and Kimiko attempted to put together a very short lived tag team, emphasizing Kimiko's technical strengths, and Ria's over the top acrobatics. 'Heaven and Earth' was their billing, but it was over almost as fast as it started, their styles too conflicting in both tone and purpose, and fans didn't respond to the lack of chemistry between them. Since then, Ria's been doing what she can to try and encourage Kimiko to let go in the ring, to play to the crowd instead of relying on pure skill. She wouldn't admit it, but she has developed a respect for her technical ability, and hopes that one day they might be able to revive the tag team dream.

Tess- Veteran

✶ Who am I keeping out of the spotlight?

✶ Who is my protégé?

Ria posted:

Back when Ria first started, she was way in over her head. She had the energy and the raw guts needed to succeed, but she had no idea how to play a crowd. Luckily for her, one of WWM's longest running wrestlers took her under her wing and helped her stand on her own. One of her earliest, most memorable wins of her debut season was against Tess, billed as "Old Blood vs New Blood" match, where the grizzled WWM star would prove that the plucky young Ria had no place in the ring. They'd gone over the whole thing ahead of time, worked out some fantastic dialogue, and when it was all over, Ria developed a newfound respect for working as a heel. Even now, Ria talks up every match Tess is in, not to miss the chance to emphasize some of their similarities. Some think she's vying for Tess's spot once she's retired, and they'd be right, but despite the kayfabe, the two had become good friends behind the scenes. She's just ambitious, that's all.

✶ Who is undercutting me?

Hellion posted:

Octavia is eager to get her name out there. She's will to put in as many matches as a vet like Tess but without the price of a star.

✶ Who has no respect for all the work I’ve put into this company?

Rosa posted:

Rosa frequently makes mocking comments about Tess' money grabbing ways. Calling her 'Goldie', 'Dog of War' and 'Moneybags'. She often uses her as a stand in for capitalist excesses when she's getting on a soap box. On occasion Rosa has tried to convince Tess to 'fight for the people' instead of just herself. It is a purely Kayfabe construction though. Rosa has no legit beef with Tess.

Maria Madonna- Athlete

» Who have I approached about improving my ring work?

Kimiko posted:

Maria's a raw talent but she's not exactly experienced in the ring. While Tess is probably the one of the most experienced members of the roster, Kimiko seems more technically sound and was trained in a much more structured system which was easier to adapt to a professional athlete's training regimen. Sure, Kimiko has her own little tricks that she's picked up along the way, but it's much harder to teach the fundamentals when you have an unorthodox style of wrestling. Kimiko hopes that she'll be teaching enough of the basics that the others can wrestle a good match with or against herself, making her look good as well.

» Who was a fan of mine before I started wrestling?

Ria posted:

When Ria was younger, she loved to watch women's boxing, and she naturally gravitated towards the woman who took the world by storm, the woman with more belts than handbags, the epitome of feminine badassery. As a wrestler, she feels like she's been utterly wasted, but while part of her would love to see her get another chance to drop the stereotypes and play it straight, she also has a ton of respect for her presence in the ring. Naturally, this means she tries to book fights with her, always looking for a chance to duke it out with one of her heroes. It was a good matchup thematically, the spurned immigrant and the third generation latin-american, giving Maria a chance to deride Ria for her lack of respect for her heritage, while Ria snaps back with a patriotic message of being part of 'this great nation, who welcomed my grandparents with open arms'. She doesn't actually know if that's true, of course, but it makes good script.

» Who refuses to acknowledge that I have a place on this roster?

Tess posted:

Tess sees Maria's jump over from boxing as an insult. Here stands someone that never wrestled a day in their life, hopping into a spot that should have gone to an actual wrestler. Tess feels that if you're gonna be in a top spot you had better given the mat enough blood, sweat, and tears, and if Maria wants to skip to the front, she'll just have to pay with interest.
Off the cameras the two are professional with each other, if very, very, cold. The fact that management had Tess help Maria with her English and Spanish only worsened relations between the two. It seems they just plain don't get along.

» Who appreciates the athleticism that I bring to the ring?

Rosa posted:

Rosa doesn't have too good of a relationship with Maria, partly because of her sucking up to the management, partly because of the way she treats Hellion, but she does respect the woman's strength and skill, not just as an entertainer, but also in legit fighting. She's on occasion has tried to convince the woman to join the antifa movements, appealing to Catalonia's history in the Spanish civil war.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 10, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Little Hellion: Who is always trying to get management on my side?
Octavia has some real potential, she just needs a proper chance to show it off. Tess knows that someone has to eat pins night after night, and that Octavia is good at it. The main crux of her argument has always been that while she may be good as a jobber, she could be great as an actual competitor. Good look, engaging style, and that simple fact that everyone loves a good underdog. None of that ever reaches the crowd though. Past the curtain Tess acts like Hellion is a annoying fly, and their height difference, over a foot, certainly adds to that comparison.

Kimiko: Who was holding me back as my tag team partner?
When Kimiko first got signed the management, in all their wisdom, ploped her in tag team with Tess figuring it would be a semi-natural match. Both performers had spent large amounts of time in the Japanese circuit, even fought a few times, so it seemed like a safe bet. But they never gelled, a nasty combo of differing styles and their general approaches to wrestling meant that the tag team was, thankfully for both of them, short lived.

Maria: Who refuses to acknowledge that I have a place on this roster?
Tess sees Maria's jump over from boxing as an insult. Here stands someone that never wrestled a day in their life, hopping into a spot that should have gone to an actual wrestler. Tess feels that if you're gonna be in a top spot you had better given the mat enough blood, sweat, and tears, and if Maria wants to skip to the front, she'll just have to pay with interest.
Off the cameras the two are professional with each other, if very, very, cold. The fact that management had Tess help Maria with her English and Spanish only worsened relations between the two. It seems they just plain don't get along.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 9, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Six people, four questions? Sounds like picking four each is most even! Gonna only answer three for now though.

Rosa: Who do I think is a slave to management?
Tess might be the face of the company in kayfabe, but both behind the scenes and in her gimmick persona, Maria leans heavily on politics, and while that goodwill ran dry, there's still a few chances and she's eager to prove herself to the only people she thinks matters in the promotion; those being the ones doing the booking. Maria doesn't like to be thought of as a yes-woman, and perhaps she's more independent than she comes off, but there's a hundred reasons Rosa wouldn't see it that way.

Hellion: Who can’t remember who I am?
Is this some kind of rib? It doesn't feel like a joke. Let's be honest, a heel designed to be a physical powerhouse like Maria is showcased in a lot of squash matches. Hellion has had a lot of experience at the receiving end of that "stiff" working style, at its best and its worst. It's the grounds for some kind of relationship, antagonistic or not. But Maria doesn't even seem to notice that Octavia is there off the camera, and in the ring it's entirely dismissive and undercutting to her personal, no-selling her lines and gimmick spots. It's a completely open question why someone in desperate need of friends in the locker room treats someone so badly. It'd almost be better if she was more a bully than this.

Kimiko: Who's trying to learn by watching me in the ring?
Of all the possible styles to move in the direction of, Saito's Japanese style requires more training than Maria's got but appeals to her sense of impact and roughness. She's all but enamored with Kimiko's obvious skill on the roster, even if she's not as much of a physical specimen as Maria is, and of most of the mid-card it's Kimiko that Maria has shown the most respect to. Maybe it has to do with the former joshi laying her out flat on the mat one or more times in sparring. Who knows if the respect is anywhere near mutual.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Little Hellion: Who was my tag team partner before they made it big?:
They used to be a tag team pair called 'Red Ink' and they were pretty much both jobbers back then. A pair of angry, scary looking women with aggressive moves to get squished. But Rosa had presence, and Rosa wasn't satisfied with having her Antifa self constantly get the losing side. She got over, she swerved some books and soon the crowd demanded to see more of Rosa. But the crowd didn't demand Little Hellion. Kayfabe, Rosa always presents herself as a fan of Little Hellion, still calls her comrade like she used to, though how Little Hellion reacts to that is up to her. Rosa also legit feels a little bad about 'abandoning her' and would love to see Octavia be taken out of Jobber Hell and a return of Red Ink.

Tess: Who has no respect for all the work I’ve put into this company?:
Rosa frequently makes mocking comments about Tess' money grabbing ways. Calling her 'Goldie', 'Dog of War' and 'Moneybags'. She often uses her as a stand in for capitalist excesses when she's getting on a soap box. On occasion Rosa has tried to convince Tess to 'fight for the people' instead of just herself. It is a purely Kayfabe construction though. Rosa has no legit beef with Tess.

Ria RupelWho wishes they could do what I do?
Rosa is not a very technical fighter, going at it with grit, gumption and showmanship. What Rita is doing though is way beyond her technical skills. It has happened before that in fights against her, Rosa, clearly impressed by some of the moves has tried to do some ambitious high flying moves herself. It usually ends with a botch. In interviews Rosa expresses a sense of both admiration and frustration at it, and saying one day she'll beat Ria at her own game.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 9, 2016

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Tess: Who is my protégé?

Back when Ria first started, she was way in over her head. She had the energy and the raw guts needed to succeed, but she had no idea how to play a crowd. Luckily for her, one of WWM's longest running wrestlers took her under her wing and helped her stand on her own. One of her earliest, most memorable wins of her debut season was against Tess, billed as "Old Blood vs New Blood" match, where the grizzled WWM star would prove that the plucky young Ria had no place in the ring. They'd gone over the whole thing ahead of time, worked out some fantastic dialogue, and when it was all over, Ria developed a newfound respect for working as a heel. Even now, Ria talks up every match Tess is in, not to miss the chance to emphasize some of their similarities. Some think she's vying for Tess's spot once she's retired, and they'd be right, but despite the kayfabe, the two had become good friends behind the scenes. She's just ambitious, that's all.

Kimiko: Who is trying to teach me to be more of an entertainer?

Early on in their careers, Ria and Kimiko attempted to put together a very short lived tag team, emphasizing Kimiko's technical strengths, and Ria's over the top acrobatics. 'Heaven and Earth' was their billing, but it was over almost as fast as it started, their styles too conflicting in both tone and purpose, and fans didn't respond to the lack of chemistry between them. Since then, Ria's been doing what she can to try and encourage Kimiko to let go in the ring, to play to the crowd instead of relying on pure skill. She wouldn't admit it, but she has developed a respect for her technical ability, and hopes that one day they might be able to revive the tag team dream.

Maria: Who was a fan of mine before I started wrestling?

When Ria was younger, she loved to watch women's boxing, and she naturally gravitated towards the woman who took the world by storm, the woman with more belts than handbags, the epitome of feminine badassery. As a wrestler, she feels like she's been utterly wasted, but while part of her would love to see her get another chance to drop the stereotypes and play it straight, she also has a ton of respect for her presence in the ring. Naturally, this means she tries to book fights with her, always looking for a chance to duke it out with one of her heroes. It was a good matchup thematically, the spurned immigrant and the third generation latin-american, giving Maria a chance to deride Ria for her lack of respect for her heritage, while Ria snaps back with a patriotic message of being part of 'this great nation, who welcomed my grandparents with open arms'. She doesn't actually know if that's true, of course, but it makes good script.

Juchero fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 9, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Ria Who is ripping off my high flying style? At a intimidating 5'1" Hellion isn't pulling off any choke slams. She's always been animated in the ring but had stepped it up when Ria was recovering to keep the brawl ballet fans tuning in. She's been trying to develop her own wild rough around the edges spin on it, but it's hard to hide your inspirations when everyone has seen the same material.

Tess Who is undercutting me? Octavia is eager to get her name out there. She's will to put in as many matches as a vet like Tess but without the price of a star.

Rosa Whom do I have a reluctant alliance with? Octavia is a little bitter at a more narrow gimmick than the one she was running gaining prominence over hers. Hellion however oozes venom for her err... friend. Hellion still takes a crack at people gunning for Rosa, to soften them up for her. But she makes it clear they share enemies and if Rosa gets too high on her horse they'll be enemies too.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Since I'm going last here, I'm going to pick four and let others pick up the pieces. Do we have a master list of which ones have been taken?

Rosa Who did I have to kick the poo poo out of to show how badass I am?

Have to is a very strong term, but Kimiko and Rosa had a very stiff battle in the ring that involved a lot of icepacks in the back. Punches, kicks, nasty hard takedowns, pretty much everything was in some way hard-hitting without getting into an actual street fight style match.They can both stand and strike with the best, but most people think that Rosa got the best of it which still pisses Kimiko off to this day. Kimiko has a proud tradition behind her, and while she doesn't enjoy working in the usual Joshi style, she knows that she can. Whether it was an off-day or just too much confidence, no one's quite sure. But Kimiko hates talking about that match for good reason.

Little Hellion Who refuses to work with me?

Octavia's a nice woman and all, but Kimiko has a certain amount of pride and everything that happens in their matches feels sloppy and disorganized. This may change in the near future, but Kimi never likes wrestling down to her opponent and the way these matches tend to go, it's mostly about doing exactly that. Until the Hellion wrestles a style that doesn't end up with things looking as ugly as they do, Kimiko's going to do whatever she can to avoid wrestling any matches with Hellion. It's not personal, it's only business.

Ria Who mentored me when I first joined this roster?

Part of the whole tag team idea was for Ria to pick up some better ring skills in general while Kimiko would learn a little more about the more international, entertaining style that people tend to think of as pro wrestling outside of local wrestling traditions. Kimiko passed on some of her ideas on the strengths of the Japanese style, including how to work a crowd with only in-ring work and pacing. Overall, there was a lot of learning between the two, and Kimiko isn't against another tag team or even a feud where the two of them can work together to show off what they're good at.

Maria Who have I approached about improving my ring work?

Maria's a raw talent but she's not exactly experienced in the ring. While Tess is probably the one of the most experienced members of the roster, Kimiko seems more technically sound and was trained in a much more structured system which was easier to adapt to a professional athlete's training regimen. Sure, Kimiko has her own little tricks that she's picked up along the way, but it's much harder to teach the fundamentals when you have an unorthodox style of wrestling. Kimiko hopes that she'll be teaching enough of the basics that the others can wrestle a good match with or against herself, making her look good as well.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

thelazyblank posted:

Since I'm going last here, I'm going to pick four and let others pick up the pieces. Do we have a master list of which ones have been taken?

Post with the heat questions has been edited with the answers given. Those without answers are what's left.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

thejoshie posted:

Post with the heat questions has been edited with the answers given. Those without answers are what's left.

Rosa: Who wishes they were as cool as me?

During her time out of action, when Rosa left the ranks of the Jobbers and cemented herself as an outrageous anti-hero, Ria watched the antifa wrestler carefully. She could pull off stuff in the ring she never thought a Face could, things she wished she could get away with. What she lacked was a cause, something that her fans could get behind and support. As of now, she's scouting out foster home organizations, doing promo pieces to solidify her identity in the fans minds, and yet, in reality, she realizes it's a pale shadow of the passion Rosa shows for her cause.

Juchero fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 10, 2016

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Maria - Who appreciates the athleticism that I bring to the ring?

Rosa doesn't have too good of a relationship with Maria, partly because of her sucking up to the management, partly because of the way she treats Helion, but she does respect the woman's strength and skill, not just as an entertainer, but also in legit fighting. She's on occastion has tried to convince the woman to join the antifa movements, appealing to Catalonia's history in the Spanish civil war.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Questions updated.

Also, to help the rest of you out, here are how the heat scores stand:

Rosa Heat (Completed):
Kimiko +2 (+1 Heel)
Hellion +1
Ria +1
Maria +2 (+1 Heel)
Tess +1 (+1 Heel)

Hellion Heat (Completed):
Rosa +1
Maria +2 (+1 Heel)
Kimiko +2 (+1 Heel)
Tess +2 (+1 Heel)

Ria Heat (Completed):
Kimiko +2 (+1 Heel)
Hellion +2
Rosa +1
Maria +1 (+1 Heel)
Tess +1 (+1 Heel)

Kimiko Heat (One Question Remaining):
Rosa +1 (+1 Face)
Hellion +1 (+1 Face)
Tess +1
Maria +1
Ria +2 (+1 Face)

Tess Heat (One Question Remaining):
Ria +2 (+1 Face)
Hellion +2 (+1 Face)
Rosa +2 (+1 Face)

Maria Heat (Completed):
Kimiko +1
Ria +2 (+1 Face)
Tess +1
Rosa +2 (+1 Face)
Hellion +1 (+1 Face)

Now remember: Getting in a match with someone you have +4 heat with grants you an Audience, so there is no foul in taking a second question under the same person if no one else can claim it. Starting with +3 heat is pretty sweet.

Not that there is anything wrong with spreading out heat, as this gives you more options, but keep in mind, one of your main goals is to build your audience score. It's how you advance your character. And the most consistent way to do that, is to build up heat.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 10, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ria Who always has my back? Octavia has a lot of respect for someone who came back to the ring from a big injury, and fights against the idea of the business leaving her behind. She plays up that respect with her character, as Ria is someone who has to reprove herself and thus is a kindred spirit underdog.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Answering Tess's question is probably going to be the best way for the final choices to shake out.

Tess: Who am I keeping out of the spotlight?
The "voice of reason" after the disastrous debut that had the ear of management and was responsible for a lot of the excitement backstage dying down can be traced to one source of experience and ring wisdom. The two are professional and cold to one another, sure enough, but there's a personal element. Maria feels not only that she's not given the respect she obviously deserves by Tess, but she also feels that the veteran has taken a personal interest in keeping her down. And she's right, to a degree. Neither woman will really admit the more selfish part of their motivations here. They are from very different casts and perspectives, and both are the ones most invested in playing politics. Even in kayfabe, Tess as the midcard gatekeeper and the known face constantly overshadows this supposed dominant contender in the new heel persona of Maria Madonna. It's no secret that Tess did her most recent alignment turn around the same time Maria was repackaged, and has constantly been considered for her being a better ring general and hand in the ring over other bookings that would otherwise feature their expensive and testy contract star in Maria. All a coincidence, of course.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 10, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Kimiko: Who’s jealous of my skills?
Tess isn't necessarily jealous of Kimiko's abilities in the ring, but she does envy some of the moves the smaller woman's size lets her perform. It gets very hard to make certain moves look at all convincing when you're so much bigger than your opponent.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771720

We begin. :)

Feel free to ask questions if you have any. Here's to a fun thread.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone was asking about a heat sheet, so I took the initiative to draft up one for us as a start!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EdHkXdrfCBFUH2l2kWFOxSgClZMJMChW4BrWci6Rn2Y/edit?usp=sharing

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Sweet. This'll be a big help.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Everything going okay, thejoshie?

Just wanna make sure our GM is still alive.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

He posted in the MIA thread, but his pc got soda'd so he's outta comssion for a while.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

A quick heads up for those who are playing this for the first time:

When you're the announcer, unless there's a good reason, don't play as your character. Unless either you as a player or Creative is angling for something, make a new NPC that has some connection to wrestling in some way, and run with that. Also, in PbP format, jump in whenever you want to either amplify things or make things more interesting.

Also, welcome back Joshie, please keep your new computing technology soda-free! :v:

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been busy tonight but will for sure add in some commentary from Ritchie Ilbanez, I am thinking of waiting until the entrances are done since this is a Good Promotion that doesn't take attention away from the stars as they make their entrance, and will introduce him with some color commentary once we're getting a lineup, or reall once I'm a bit free up.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Will post soon. My half written post is just standing there while I try to figure out how Rosa is gonna fail at working up the crowd.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Just a note, TatteredKing, but you still have control right now, since it lasts until you either concede it or a move forces it to change.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh sorry. I hadn't really decided what thing to add to the roll. I guess I'll go with audience, it's probably lame to end the match.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Also, since the match didn't have that much commentary, you know you can put over every wrestler once..

You know, just saying.. Please save my rear end.. :D

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, I definitely know, and feel bad that I can't seem to get the right mix of time and inspiration. I'm gonna try and get at least a third commentary post before it ends. I mostly wanted to save the putting over for the finishes where they mostly count... like right now!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I'll try to get my post done tonight sometime.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Alright, just as a heads up since I haven't been on IRC as much:

I'm planning on spending the +2 momentum for breaking kayfabe to beat down Rosa. If she's doing anything, I'd rather she does something first than just beat her down then make her come back with a promo. However, if there's no promo, I'll do that now. As far as the 7-9 drawback, if I'm still picking, I'll take -1 Heat with Hellion for forcing the Kimiko-Rosa thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Wait, just so I get it right, it would be delivering a legit attack right after Rosa disses and challenges her? Or have a fight in the locker room? I've got something in mind for Rosa, which would basically mostly be her waxing politically about the stuff the commissioner said. But whether that happens before or after Kimiko beating up Rosa bit depends on what it is exactly, I'm not 100% clear on what you intend yet.

• Locked thread