Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've never made it past floor 3 and at this point I doubt I ever will.

Seems like I have exceptionally rotten luck and even worse skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Did the update help fix how slow the first floor or two can feel?

I've never finished a loop and at this point I probably never will.

I've gotten Plat God in BOI but this game just hasn't clicked yet.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How are Hegemony credits calculated?
Sometimes I'll kill a boss and get 1, sometimes I get like 12.

I assume it increases as you go lower but I can't figure out a pattern.

Also, I can't get Bowler to show up (on Switch). His cell has never popped up at all.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't know how many runs I have made, probably around 100, and I cannot reliably get past floor 3. I'm even still dying on floor one (though only to the boss).

Turns out I wasn't capitalizing on blanks. Clicking in the sticks was never fast enough. Rebinding it to ZR has increased my ability to survive quite a lot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Chin Strap posted:

Am I the only weirdo with fire on R2 and roll on L2, leaving L1 for map and L2 for item use?

You'd be a weirdo if you put both fore and dodge on the same side.
That would be lunacy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

precision posted:

My last run I had the Crown of Guns

I think it might be my literal least favorite gun

That and the bullet that shoots guns are awful.
The only thing of that nature I like is the gun throne since it farts out bullets on dodge.

My last run I got the ticket that summons the Raven boss to fight for you. Made it all the way to floor 4.
Of course I died by screwing up the timing and falling in a pit.

I'm just not good at these types of games but I can't stop playing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I really wish there were more bullet modifiers and fewer overall guns.

It's a blast to have bouncing shock bullets, not so great to get the sawn off again and again.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can secret entrances be opened with your starter gun?
What's an indication that a secret room exists?

I don't think I've opened one before.

Also, there's an Orc guy near the tutorial area now. I have no clue how he got there or when. I haven't seen that part of the screen in a good while.

With the dude sitting on the ledge with the elevator, is there a point in knocking his helmet down? I did it once and rescued him again. Any reason to do it again?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just looked it up and yeah, that's bunk.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ah thanks.

Sometimes there are rooms way off the map with a yellow triangle in them. What the hell is it?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm still trying to get better at this game but it's just not happening.
It's really disappointing because I love it but just can't get past floor 3, usually.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I was you two days ago. Unlocking more npcs and items via credits helps a lot. Learning the first floor bosses and trying to not get hit for a master round helps, as is doing the oubliette if your load out is fitting

I try for the Oubliette every time because the slime boss is so easy.

I just had a very smooth run, go to the tank boss and my brain just shut off and I died before getting it to 50%.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AAAAAHHHH I DID IT

Not only did I finally kill the Dragun, but I did so on my first try!

The same run I got my first glitched chest, beat it and half of the drat pedestals were mimics. Thankfully that was my current hunt.

Woooooowwwwww

Now I actually have to kill my past.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I know this is baby-level stuff but I just got Tiny Turtle, ghost bullets and electric bullets early on.

Since electric procs of ALL friendly bullets, we were shredding rooms instantly.
Also got the crown of guns which has fantastic synergy but still not great to use.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm also a weirdo that sticks to the starter gun for way too long.

I just did my first Blessed run which was a hoot. Got to floor 4 without an issue, took some stupid hits and then tossed myself into a hole to avoid a bunch of bullets, forgetting I didn't have the Amulet of The Pit Lord this run.

Whoops.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Argue posted:

It would be nice if they could release a Switch patch that makes use of the boost mode that drastically speeds up load times.

The load times are really dire. Is there a reason they went with 3D models and then made it look 2D instead of just making a 2D game?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Fightsabre is so loving broken. If you use it solely to reflect bullets (shoot once and then reload), you're an untouchable fuckmachine.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So...

Looking at the Ser Junkan and it says:
"It was confirmed via testing that it cannot be obtained by destroying chests on a rainbow run".

This is not true at all. I got him last night and I only play rainbow runs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bruceski posted:

Got him from a destroyed chest, or a rainbow selection?

Destroyed chest. He doesn't drop from regular chests, right?
Only broken chests that produce junk and then a 20% chance to make it a Ser.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BaconCopter posted:

Junken is a 20% drop rate from junk when you haven't unlocked him, which is done by getting him to level 3, and then his drop rate is lowered to 1%. Once unlocked he's also a C-tier drop.

Had you already unlocked him when he dropped from a destroyed chest in rainbow mode?

Yep. He's was a regular staple for my more impatient normal runs. Before I unlocked Rainbow, I got him up to White Knight level.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I almost got all the master rounds with just the Marine pistol (plus passives).

The drat wall boss did me in.
Also, this may be a hot take but I don't like Gluon stones outside of the orange one.

Every time they block a bullet, my brain spazzes like an old GPS and goes "RECALCULATING" and then I die to something stupid.

Weirdly enough this doesn't happen with hungry bullets.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah the Dragun is the easiest fight for me.
Sure there is a ton of stuff to avoid but it all feels more predictable than the other bosses.

I still can't reliably no-hit the throne dude from floor one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Getting a high ROF gun paired with hungry bullets is a harrowing experience if you want to rely on it clearing a path for you.

It's a dumb way to play but that's me, baybeeee!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dugong posted:

I think I’m going to have stop playing Gungeon on the Switch for my own sanity. Every time I get close to killing the Dragun, whatever crazy combination of gun I have inevitably makes the game slow down to a crawl and I get murdered by bullet hell. Goodbye 16 pellet homing shotgun, it was nice knowing ya :rip:

That's weird. I play exclusively on Switch and don't get this.
Sometimes there are hiccups between rooms but that's it.

Maybe try redownloading it?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My fave gun so far is the egg that shoots homing chicks out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Memnaelar posted:

This game. 92 hours in and I finally beat the Dragun for the first time. There really is a weird satisfaction to constantly closing a mailbox door on your dick with this game until you get really REALLY good at it. I'm not that, but the incremental growth is both frustrating and fantastic.

This game has a low-level psychic field on it. As soon as you're about ready to give up forever, it gives you a run that finally clicks and you feel like a god.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dugong posted:

Beat the Dragun, unlocked Turbo mode and thought I’d try it expecting to die immediately. I ended up whittling the Dragun down to one hit off death (and would have killed it if I remembered to reload my gun between bullet waves), then rolled off the ledge on the last wave of bullets :argh:

Ugh, that sucks.
I get runs where there only damage I take is from is mis-judging dodges that land me in pits.
It's embarrassing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pilots pistol is the worst starting gun.
Absolute dogshit but the rest of his kit is sweet.

I never, ever play Convict because if I'm getting hit, I'm losing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cuntellectual posted:

Pilot Gun has bad stats, but I think the accuracy is the same as the other starting sidearms.

Depending on when you first played it might be drawing your attention better because it's way better about giving you ammo so you can use fun stuff and not just your sidearm.

There's no way it has the same ACC. I miss about 20-30% of all shots at a modest distance.
Hunter's pistol is pretty decent and soldier not only has the best starter but also the passive that makes everything more accurate.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I swear I'm getting worse at this game. I usually can't get past floor 4.

Then again, I use the starting gun for most everything outside of bosses.
Does the game drop ammo more frequently if you run low?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I played 100 hours and never got a single character ending. Starting from zero might be a mercy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You get better rewards for not taking a hit (including on armor) during the boss fight, which also will give your the master round for that floor.