Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yo gently caress the Treadnaught, for real. Haven't beaten him once and if I see him I pretty much accept the run is over. Cannonbalrog isn't too much of a problem but that tank fucks me up every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yo for real, what do you do against the Treadnaught because no matter what I do I always die against this thing. Cannonbalrog isn't much of a problem and I can even make it through floor 4 without much trouble, but Treadnaught is just a huge wall I can't get over.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Vargs posted:

I typically get hit a single time on Cannonbalrog, no matter how lovely my weapon is. Meanwhile I've defeated the tank once. It's ridiculous how much stronger he is for being a same-floor boss.

If I have some blanks I can no-hit Cannonbalrog pretty consistently, but I've only ever beaten Treadnaught once and I only had half a heart near the end.

I think Treadnaught's minion spawning needs to be tweaked, or something. Treadnaught has so few patterns and it makes him extremely hard to predict. His fight is just a mess, visually and conceptually.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yo, anyone know what the Sixth Chamber does? It says it "feeds upon curse" so I assumed it was something like a damage buff the more curse items you get, but I loaded up on items from the vampire and didn't notice anything different, and then got overwhelmed at all the cursed enemies I made happen :v:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Listen I'll cop to being a little salty but the dragun's homing skull attack is bullshit, especially when he does it 5 times in a row.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
A thing I learned is that if you have the Hexagun or Witch Pistol or any other gun that can transmogrify an enemy, the chicken that spawns can be cursed and it will still do a full heart of damage instead of just dying when you walk into it.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yeah I would appreciate if shops were more structured like Isaac. There's always at least one "real" item there, with the rest being a decent selection of consumables/drops. The game could use more predictability in general, though this has been touched on plenty of times already. The change they made to keys helps, but it's a little too obtuse. Just give me something I can hang my hat on and plan around.

I do like the variety of special rooms you can find, though. It feels like I'm still finding new rooms all the time. 29 hours or so in and I found my first fairy fountain, and haven't seen one since. Someone posted earlier about a room with a witch and a cauldron that I still haven't seen.

Maybe guarantee one special room per floor, behind a locked door? It'd certainly add variety, and it gives the player even more to think about when spending keys. Do you want to use a key on a chest, or take a gamble and hope that there's a hospital or something on the floor?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yo, I just had a run where I had four (4) guns, including my starting pistol, and every single one was out of ammo, and I had to fight the Kill Pillars using only the Rogue Special, which was a test of endurance and patience.

I won though so gently caress it

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

orangelex44 posted:

What the living gently caress is this room? I tried to enter it - twice - and I walked in, dimmed the screen, took a half heart of damage and was forced out again.

That's the black market. It has one of every merchant in it, but it'll only let you in if you have any levels of curse (by picking up cursed items) or if you have 100 casings on-hand, I believe

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
There should really be a denomination of money between 5 and 50.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Trying not to kill the caped bullet-kin but this dipshit wolf does anyway <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yo, I just fought the Wallmonger and at some point in the fight, I dodge rolled, as ya do, and I dropped the television, and now I can't loving find it. There's an item icon on the map but this thing is just not here. I think it might be inside Wallmonger's corpse or something.

God drat it gently caress this.

edit: lmao and then I glitch out on the final walkway so I can't even continue the game. I can't move. Cool.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 10:23 on May 2, 2016