Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I can't wait to play this when I get back from work so I'm passing the time by trying to top "I See Lead People" as the worst pun I can come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I have a lot more trouble with the Gorgone than the Ammoconda personally -- the poison trail is annoying to deal with and her spray that fills in the missing bullets as it goes catches me all the time.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I AM BRAWW posted:

THE GORGUN HAS FUCKIN BULLETS THAT SPAWN OUT OF NOWHERE?? WHAT
well it's more like the nova pattern has holes in it that will be 'filled in' by the bullets on each side of the gap after they travel a certain distance. basically you can only use the gap if you're within a certain distance from the gorgun or else you'll just eat it.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, there's a definite bullet hell inspiration and it sits uneasily next to the BoI stuff -- bullet hells emphasize pattern mastery and less about cool guns and weapon synergies and I think this particularly comes through in the bullet sponginess of the bosses -- they're designed to last as long as they do so they loop through each pattern twice or more so a no-hit run means you have a fairly solid grasp of the boss.

i definitely agree with the guy saying blockner has about two or three times as much health as he should have though, gently caress that guy

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I made the exact same mistake. I think you're supposed to hit interact at the mirror, which opens the chest and breaks the mirror.

Breaking the mirror raises your curse level regardless though :toot:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Got in a really nice run where I made it all the way to the Forge for the first time, clearing the Hollow in one try (part of that was because I had like 5 blanks for the Wallmonger). The Iron Maiden + double hammer room is rough,

Also I have to say that the Megahand is really rapidly becoming my favorite weapon -- it uses one ammo even when charged, and easily one-shots most enemies even down to the Forge. It's not a great boss weapon, but lets you conserve ammo for them really efficiently.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Hold F for guns, G for use items. Drop passive items from the map menu.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Swapping between weapons is definitely an encouraged tactic the way that reload works but every time I try to be fancy and switch I always end up scrolling up and down through my 4 guns and getting nailed by a stray bullet when I try to pay attention to which weapon I have on me. A 'swap to last used weapon' would help so much.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Ah crap, they definitely mentioned slow time switching in the tutorial but I ended up forgetting all about it. Thanks everyone.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

lmao he's more manageable than he was before but he's still such an rear end in a top hat compared with the first two bosses. ultimately he has a few more gotchas that will flat out kill you if you don't know about them, and it's not super obvious what those are -- the most obvious one is the ring of flames which can deal 2+ damage if you don't notice and walk into them, the others being that if you're too far from him he becomes way more aggressive and that these bullets include bouncing bullets that will very quickly kill you if you thought hiding in a corridor was a smart idea

e: he's a extremely good example of a boss where players either delete him when he shows up or dies without really understanding why -- gungeon doesn't have this problem as much with the bosses, and moreso with the progression.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah -- I should've clarified that I feel as a new player it's very easy to feel that way -- now I'm able to juggle the stages better and take him out with whatever kit I have. For a while the only way I was making my way through the fight was standing next to his impact shadow with YV, a Super Crossbow, and a :getin: expression on my face.

To briefly talk about Gungeon again :v: does anyone know what the Badge does after the ally it spawns dies? It seemed like I got a 'vengeance' buff and some curse -- I imagine if you let the cop die and talk to him you get a stack of curse and a damage boost?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

poemdexter posted:

I have around 20 deaths so far and have killed the past with 3 of the 4 characters.
jesus christ :psyduck:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

The eggs on Ammoconda are such a trap, they have a shitton of health and it's never worth killing them over just focusing the snake.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

^ That's the room that hosed my last Forge run!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Eating them gives him a heal and harder-to-dodge bullet patterns though.
Totally true, but personally speaking the amount of time and ammo I spend popping eggs costs me a lot more than just backing off and hammering the boss from a safe distance. It's definitely annoying if two or more eggs spawn in a row, but even if you were focusing the eggs that's a long time you're spending not damaging the boss. This is just my preferred method though :shrug:

Also I will say that Machine Fist is my favorite weapon that runs out of ammo instantly.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Table Tech Money is nice because it instantly creates a lot of cover without you have to cross to it. The actual money part is like, 0.5 casings per table. Definitely sucks that it works against all the other table techs though.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Mirror chests can be mimics? That's almost as cruel as the mimic health chests in NT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Has anyone had the thing where they take multiple instances of damage if you accidentally roll into a pit? I think it's caused by trying to move while you're in there but I can't confirm.