Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
As someone just starting out with this game, anything I need to know? or 'just play it!'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I freed one npc on the first or second floor and she said she'd see me back on the first floor but I can't go back up a floor. Does that mean I unlocked her forever and she's actually in the pre-gungeon area and I didn't notice her?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I played each character twice and started getting confused. Did I unlock the shotgun for one of the characters (pilot? convict?) or was it always unlocked? Is the # shop selling just, items in general that can appear in the run, or is the shop a per-character shop? I know that whichever character you select, you still have the # you've earned before.

Do you earn # per character per boss, or just per boss? I saw that at first I would get 3 # for every level 1 boss but now I just get 1 #. Is it 'first time each character kills the boss' that you get extra, or some other thing?

Is there any unlock I should aim for that makes my life a lot easier? This game is hard... I've started getting to the black coal mines but never got past whoever the third boss is.

I also never use blanks despite telling myself to use them if needed, before every boss.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Father Wendigo posted:

The Convict always starts with a sawed-off in addition to her crappy pistol. Was that what you're referring to?

Yeah I think so. So, I didn't unlock that then... I was unsure. What does everyone recommend as a 'best starter character'? I decided on maybe doomguy but immediately had a run in which I didn't get a single gun and died against the second boss.

I should probably start destroying all chests that I can't open before I leave a floor.