Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Zaodai posted:

The first boss being an MGS1 shoutout was a pretty cool thing to see at the start. He even dies the same way. :allears: This game is going to be good.

One of the guns I found was Revolver Ocelot's Single Action Army. Every time you switch to it its icon spins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
The Jolter eats bosses. I got a flawless kill on Gorgun without breaking a sweat and she usually kicks my rear end. I beat the Beholster without much trouble as well.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Lakbay posted:

Loot doesn't disappear and is automatically vacuumed to your character regardless of the class. The hunter's dog is supposed to find extra pickups after you clear a room but like I said I never get anything extra. The only thing that you can lose is ammo pickups, guns on the floor, and active items on the floor since a rat comes by and steals it and even then there are ways to scare the rat off.

The dog might actually be finding stuff and you're missing it. I didn't notice it for a bit, but the dog just digs at the ground really quick once the room finishes, so it's kind of hard tell if the room dropped the item or the dog found it.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Shine posted:

I love Nuclear Throne and I suspect I will love this.

I was a little wary of it because the screenshots made it look a little like a Nuclear Throne knockoff, but it's legit good in its own right. It's not quite as manic as NT, but feels different enough that it doesn't really matter. Plus kicking over tables for impromptu cover just before a wave of bullets hits you is a good feeling.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I realized last night that the Convict's revolver is the only semi-auto starter weapon, and have been doing consistently better with her than either the Marine or the Pilot. I think her revolver has the longest range of the starter weapons as well, but poo poo accuracy.

It also seems like the levels get harder/more complex the farther you've made it with a character. The first floor feels way different now with the Convict and Hunter than when I first started playing.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I saw the vampire once set up at the back of the normal shop and she sold cursed items for cheap.

She'll sometimes set up in a random room by herself as well.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

NotAnArtist posted:

I wish I better understood what would trigger it. I've left ammo or health tokens in rooms and they are taken or they are not, and the notes left behind are just plain rude haha.

Ammo and items seem to get taken almost as soon as you leave a room. If you run back in really quick you can actually see the guy. I've never seen him take health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
The item that gives a single bullet back pairs really well with guns that have a special effect on the last bullet. I had that and that mailbox and everything was glitter and toxic waste.

I also found a gun that shoots big bangs. It's like a high explosive blank going off and will wipe the screen of bullets.