Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

PC version doesn't unlock for another 4 hours or so, and that's terrible, unlike this game which looks pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

So far the marine seems like the best starting character? A side arm that's not completely worthless and innately higher accuracy on weaponry. Also found arcane gunpowder that took up my use slot but wasn't usable so I'm sure that's related to some fancy secret.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I made a deal with an ammo skeleton, I'm not sure what I gained from it but now I'm running into super strong black aura enemies now and then and I regret my decision.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Man, some of the gimmick guns are just, really really bad against bosses. I think the most effective gun I've found so far was just a boring revolver.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I've found a new best weapon. It's bees.
Also I'm guessing that "old armor" in the first secret level is what I need to somehow bring to the altar in the second floor?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

parthenocarpy posted:

I picked up an item that ``revealed`` secret rooms, but never found one. Does anyone know how this item works?

The cash brick or whatever? If there's a secret wall somewhere there'll be a rather conspicious thing infront of it, you still have to burn a blank or have an explosive weapon maybe? to get into it, and they usually just have a small pickup like a heart or something from what I've seen so far.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well I cleared the second secret level, unlocked a bloody scarf whatever the heck that'll do. Hopefully now I never have a reason to go to the first secret level again, two keys on the first floor is just downright absurd.
Just found the scarf on the next floor and that's actually pretty good.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 6, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Anyone know how to get across this room in the 4th floor? I'm assuming there's hidden platforms or something but like hell I'm wildly blinking into the pit a bunch. I'm assuming it has another one of the pieces of the bullet.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well I beat the final boss, the gun that can kill the past is pretty amazing. I got two speed upgrades and an item that gave me health on kill sometimes and that's probably the only reason I managed to win.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

That thing you can sometimes sell stuff to in the shop pays you 50 odd currency for trash, that's pretty great.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

That's how you get the shell casing? I never would have honestly tried that.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

The better I get at this game the more I like the pilot over the marine, the lockpick mitigates the garbage RNG refusing to give you any keys whatsoever and having a second use item space by default is actually really good if you find some decent items, elder blank + any of the invulnerability items for instance is amazing. The fact his sidearm is garbage isn't such a big deal because if you're stuck using it past the 2nd floor against normal enemies you're probably screwed anyways.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I found a gun that shoots anvils? It's about as strong as you'd guess. Also the person who mentioned the stinger before was right, this thing is even better than just plain bees.

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone managed to beat (spoilers)This Guy yet? I've had a few shots at him now, but every time I reach The Abbey, I get the worst luck with drops, and end up going up against the boss with 1 heart and no ammo.

Edit: Also, I'm enjoying this as much, if not more, than Nuclear Throne at the moment, for what it's worth. I think it's tuned just fine, even if some of the more powerful weapons seem to be hidden behind various unlocks.

I beat him on my first try, it doesn't seem to lead to any more secret levels, just an unlock. Though for all I know there's an unlock for it with every character, I'm not certain how that stuff works yet.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Yeah if there's one complaint I have it's that you can wind up getting absolutely garbage guns over the first two floors and just be hopelessly screwed. As I unlock more guns though that seems to be happening less as none of the unlock guns so far other seem to have been anything other than at least decent.
Now to try and get a run where I can actually get the bullet piece from the hollow and then survive long enough to have gotten to the forge lady.
Stinger + angry bullets killed the 4 statues boss in about 5 shots which was kind of absurd, bees really are the best weapon in this game.

The fact that enemies also gain hp between floors, roughly 2x hp by the last floor is kind of a weird design decision it feels like to me? It basically just means the bad guns are even less helpful because it just winds up feeling like the first floor peashooter situation all over again.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 7, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I don't think shooting chests can actually give anything better than a random pickup, but it's still something compared to cursing the game for giving you 0 keys over 3 floors.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I somehow just got lead god due to getting a spine ak-47 on the first floor, good lord. Now to see what THE BULLET does with the gun that kills the past. Well, that was not what I expected at all! I wonder if chain smoking cigarettes made my use item charge faster, or if it just normally charges that fast.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 7, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

goferchan posted:

smoking ups your coolness stat which gives you higher quality item drops and shorter cooldowns, yes

What I'm not sure about is if it'd stick around for the special past fight since everything else you pick up is removed for that, but being a hidden stat it could easily have stuck around, I kind of doubt the rockets on the pilot's ship are meant to charge every second and a halfish.

Meanwhile I've found. . . a balloon. It doesn't even go in my inventory, it's just a balloon.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Noticing there's an achievement for beating the game in "beast mode", what on earth does it actually do though? So far nothing seems different.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Had a great run last night and made it to floor three, mainly on the strength of that demon head "gun," the dungeon revolver, witch gun, and that giant spacegun that shoots a big ball that asplodes into homing shots. Then the game loving froze while using the demon's beam so that sucked poo poo.

At least my progress got saved, as did the shop people I unlocked. Do those guns you buy from them equip on you immediately or do they just become "possible pickups" for future runs permanently?

Far as I'm aware everything in the hub is either to get "quests" to unlock stuff, or to pay them to unlock stuff. There's one exception which is pretty fun you can pay someone some h-credits to "bless" your next run with randomly swapping guns. In the case of your question, it just means that stuff can show up in the gungeon in future runs.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Died to the dragun on the last phase with convict, was too fast to actually be able to dodge roll through that incredibly easy part of the fight. I was outright crossing about a third of the arena per roll, the absolute worst possible reason to die.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

So doing something, probably "beating" the game, enables you to pray at the statue where you spawn in on the first floor. So far all I can tell is that it massively cursed me to the point that every room has one or more champion enemy and this is awful, everything is terrible.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I just killed a cursed version of the old king, and unlocked the sixth chamber, I imagine that's some absurdly strong item? Cursed bosses have way too much hp, it took almost an entire disintegrator to kill it.
Well I managed to finish this run despite getting more cursed bosses, I'd like to thank the disintegrator for its overwhelming power breaking past bosses with 2x hp.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 7, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Also it turns out this game has a Spelunky styled ghost. Be careful with how much curse you take on, something just might break through the floor to find you

Einwand fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 7, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

So, spoilers for bonus level bullet hell is absolutely insane, what the heck. Almost won anyways despite my best gun being a loving jolter. Additionally, shotgrubs are harder to not get hit by than the final boss.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 8, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I was wondering why the first secret character seemed incredibly easy, a high fire rate good accuracy weapon with 20 shots and low reload time? Then I realised they can't have hp, even with health ups, only armor. At least you start with 6 points of armor. . .

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Treadnaught's fine until it decides to shoot the "summon minion" rocket 4 times in a row and they all land in seperate sides of the room. Why the hell do those things get the predict movement aiming type?
Still rather fight the treadnaught than shotgrubs in bullet hell though.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

The high priest is definitely the hardest floor 4 boss, but that's not much of an accomplishment. The kill pillars have one hard to dodge attack that skips entirely if you use a blank which they won't use it anyways if you've killed two of them and the single pillar phase is a lot easier than it looks since you can just vaguely move left and right a little with dodge rolls until it dies. The demon mortar is an absolute joke if you've managed to get any way of ignoring floor fire or even a weapon that can overwrite its oil like that lovely squirt gun. Meanwhile the first of the order just spams bullets absolutely everywhere, has an invulnerability attack which is always awful and randomly spawning bullets from the outside of the screen.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Cog of battle is one of the best passives in the game, boosted reloads and massively increased damage as well as being a "low tier" item so it shows up pretty often for cheap? Shame it's useless for guns with no reloads such as "bees".

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Don't forget you also have to not get hit at all or you lose the thing you need to take to the 2nd floor altar!

Well I finally beat bullet hell, I had a setup that was dramatically more overpowered than I realised at first, the megaman hand + rocket bullets + the 4x max ammo item as well as potion of lead skin + ring of ethereal form. I cleared the entirety of bullet hell and the boss and still had around 500 shots left. Also had a ballot so they charged fast enough to leave me almost perpetually invulnerable.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Zaggitz posted:

For the Robot and the Bullet, do they have pasts to kill, or do I just go to bullet hell for their various unlocks?

Robot didn't have a past to kill, no idea if there's any unlocks from bullet hell, though.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

The normal liches are pretty easy unless the room is incredibly rude, see Bullet Hell. Be in their line of sight so they start winding up their arm then walk behind cover of some sort, even a table works, then just shoot at them from safely out of range of their arm bullet spam. I think if you're out of line of sight when that attack ends they do that circle thing instead, but I'm not sure honestly I've only seen it happen once.

I like this game more than Nuclear Throne since it's a little less twitchy but I definitely appreciate how much stronger/more reliable to get better guns it is in Nuclear Throne than this game, the amount of runs I've had to use the starting gun as the Pilot to kill a floor 1 boss despite opening both chests is absolutely dreadful.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

It gives you guns but it's really stingy with actually good weapons and ammo refills.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Man, getting any sort of damage up passive completely wrecks the balance of normal enemies. Bullet hell when normal enemies die to two revolver shots is kind of pathetically easy.
Huh, there doesn't seem to be any unlocks for character specific Bullet Hell clears, at least this means I never have to play the convict or huntress again.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 10, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

The best gun is actually the fightsabre, heresy is good and cool and utterly destroys bosses the more bullets they shoot, reflected bullets actually do surprisingly good damage.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Finally got around to trying out the second secret character and good lord this character seems kind of broken? An infinite use decent fire rate sword that destroys bullets hit by it, and also does enough damage that a direct swing oneshots basic bulletkin on the first floor and two shots blue shotgun kin.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

All the people wanting an easy mode for this game, there is one. It's the character you can't unlock until you've already "beat" one of the main characters. I don't think I'll play the bullet much because it's just completely overpowered.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Far as I'm aware the only thing related to having all 5 mastery rounds in one run is the lead god achievement which gives you an unlock. I've yet to get all 5 rounds and kill the bonus boss though, but I doubt that has anything special either.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well, that explains why the drop rate seemed to be improving as I got better at the game, it actually was.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone that has unlocked the Bullet character that could confirm whether he can show up randomly in the dungeon after you have unlocked him? I'm testing something.

I haven't seen the thing in question since unlocking that character. Said character is also broken as hell and I'm tempted to do runs with only its starting weapon until I've beaten the whole game like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

There's probably something to the gilded hydra description but hell if I can figure out what it means, I'll just wait for someone else to figure it out/datamine it like isaac's the lost.