Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
I didn't realize the dark marker was a charge shot gun so I threw it into a muncher, which gave me the pea shooter

I had the science cannon/disintegrator synergy for wiping bosses though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Drone_Fragger posted:

I finally did it, I finally beat the dragun. All it took was getting lucky and getting a bunch of synergies, including the rad gun and the sunglasses, which meant I could one-shot anything in forge and hollow through careful reloading. Also the commando is great against bosses. Less focusing on aiming, more focusing on dodging them bullets.

Finally got my first win vs Dragun as well. All it took was black hole gun, and blank companion's ring + the normally worthless compass. Not looking forward to starting another run and having to actually dodge things.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Got my first trip to bullet hell and my first lich win thanks to decoy on floor one which let me steal the full set of payday items, as well as a mimic tooth necklace and ring of mimic friendship on floor 2. Also picked up wolf from a chest and chaos ammolet, so I could basically hide while the clown crew and my dog went to town.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
I read something that they have a higher chance of spawning on later floors, but it's not in the wiki so take it with a grain of salt.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

redreader posted:

Yeah I think so. So, I didn't unlock that then... I was unsure. What does everyone recommend as a 'best starter character'? I decided on maybe doomguy but immediately had a run in which I didn't get a single gun and died against the second boss.

I should probably start destroying all chests that I can't open before I leave a floor.

I think using the Hunter is the way to go to start. The crossbow is super strong the first floor or two in case you don't get better guns. Most of the little bullet guys take 1 crossbow shot on floor one to kill so it's good for clearing those rooms. Switch to the pistol for bigger guys and bosses to save ammo. You CAN crossbow on a boss if you get absolutely nothing, but I'd prefer using the pistol or a "bad" gun since you'll care less about wasting ammo on a damage sponge.