Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I want 2 talk about mice. There is a problem in todays world where there are no good mice. They're all gone. In their place we have ambidextrous garbage and gaming mouse w/ buttons in all the wrong places.

The MX Revolution, best mouse of all time, was discontinued by Logitech because apparently Logitech hates money. They replaced it w/ the performance mx which is a giant turd w/ not enough thumb buttons, a lovely non-programmable scroll wheel, and coil whine. Yes that's right this mouse has coil whine because its very poorly built. Its bad do not get it. THen they released the MX Master which is a mouse designed by someone who doesn't have hands. Like the performance mx, it lacks proper thumb buttons but Logitech went even further by putting a stupid rear end vertical scroll wheel right where ur thumb rests and then moved the back/forward buttons behind it and stacked on top of each other. terrible design. this is why you cant trust designers. they're all stupid fuckers. Atleast with this one they brought back the programmable scroll.

ugh. use this thread to discus the sad state of mice and the hope for a brighter future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

pity reply and sign appreciation poast

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
logitech used to be good

every thing i've bought from them in the past three years has been half working cheap plastic crap

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have an mx master and an mx anywhere 2 and I prefer the anywhere 2 even though it's pretty small

one thing I don't understand about logitech is why they limit the things you can map to the different controls like if i want a keystroke triggered by a scroll wheel why can't I? there used to be uberoptions but it hasn't been updated in like 4 years and doesn't work with the new software

I think my ideal mouse would be the marathon mouse [m705] with bluetooth and device switching like on the mx ones

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Microsoft corded optical mouse. basic, functional, gets the job done for about seven years before you have to toss it and get a new one.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

horse mans posted:

logitech used to be good

every thing i've bought from them in the past three years has been half working cheap plastic crap

truth

the mx518 would've been a fine mouse if the cable were soldered on with something thicker than metallic fluff

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

lol symmetric mice r best sorry abt your fail grip

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

also i take back some of the things i said about the rat7

it still looks like one of chucky's frozen turds but it's really comfortable and has buttons you can push without doing hand yoga

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I use a logitech m570 trackball and its comfortable and useful when i have to use the mouse (not often)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

I want 2 talk about mice. There is a problem in todays world where there are no good mice. They're all gone. In their place we have ambidextrous garbage and gaming mouse w/ buttons in all the wrong places.

The MX Revolution, best mouse of all time, was discontinued by Logitech because apparently Logitech hates money. They replaced it w/ the performance mx which is a giant turd w/ not enough thumb buttons, a lovely non-programmable scroll wheel, and coil whine. Yes that's right this mouse has coil whine because its very poorly built. Its bad do not get it. THen they released the MX Master which is a mouse designed by someone who doesn't have hands. Like the performance mx, it lacks proper thumb buttons but Logitech went even further by putting a stupid rear end vertical scroll wheel right where ur thumb rests and then moved the back/forward buttons behind it and stacked on top of each other. terrible design. this is why you cant trust designers. they're all stupid fuckers. Atleast with this one they brought back the programmable scroll.

ugh. use this thread to discus the sad state of mice and the hope for a brighter future

Agreed. It;s a tough time to be a Gamer. Eager to see some sick links to savage products to suit me needs from little known suppliers of bespoke high APM peripherals.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

The Management posted:

Microsoft corded optical mouse. basic, functional, gets the job done for about seven years before you have to toss it and get a new one.

yeah, I have one. I'm surprised shaggar didn't mention microsoft mouse

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i have the g400s by logitech and it works ok i guess

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
my intellimouse explorer still suits my needs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eric posted:

my intellimouse explorer still suits my needs

nobody gives a gently caress about your needs. stfu

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I like my Logitech Laser Mouse. It's good for video games and Photoshop. I have another one with more buttons that's wireless, but I can't use it wirelessly because it needs a special Gaming Receiver. Thanks for listening.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

logitech g502 looks like gamer crap but it was a perfectly fine replacement for my mx518. only thing i wish it had was auto-switching scroll wheel like the mx revolution

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i have two MX518s which are unused but bundled up nicely and awaiting the day that i need them.

unfortunately i stopped using mice a while ago so it's going to be a long time before i use them.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Logitech G700S is Secret Best Mouse

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

i use a logitech m310 wireless laser mouse at work, and it's awful. the middle button has never worked well

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

It looks like some gamer horseshit but it's actually great. Fully mappable buttons and plenty of them, excellent laser tracking, v comfortable. Battery life could be better but it's rechargeable and gets thru a few days no sweat

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mr. logitech sr. must have died recently because logitech jr. is running the hardware quality into the ground

i've gone through four mice in three months because i keep getting ones with hardware defects

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i got an x220 a few weeks ago and i like the trackpoint ok, it's better than the non-ibm/lenovo versions i've used on other laptops

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

i also have a Steelseries Sensei for my extreme gamer needs, and it's pretty good.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Stymie posted:

mr. logitech sr. must have died recently because logitech jr. is running the hardware quality into the ground

i've gone through four mice in three months because i keep getting ones with hardware defects

he's trashed the warranty program too

2001: oh it broke that shouldn't happen, send it to us and we'll send you one like it
2011: oh it broke well here's a $50 voucher so you can buy another one that'll also break

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I use a logitech m570 trackball and its comfortable and useful when i have to use the mouse (not often)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

I like the cup-shaped cap.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

thanks for making this thread shaggar cause no joke i wanted to talk about mice today

i'm strongly considering ordering the new g900 since it has extremely good reviews, especially for a wireless mouse. it's pricy but i don't like how the mx master feels and the g900 doesn't look ridiculous. doesn't seem like it's in stores anywhere yet and you have to go through logitech directly

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

triple sulk posted:

wireless mouse

lol yeah let me change batteries in something that stays in the same square foot for the entire life of the product

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

maniacdevnull posted:

Logitech G700S is Secret Best Mouse

it would be a good mouse if the side buttons were better positioned and it didn't have those retarded sensitivity changing buttons on the top.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

lol yeah let me change batteries in something that stays in the same square foot for the entire life of the product

nope. wireless is way better

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Stymie posted:

logitech was almost killed when they put way too many resources into google tv (the original one, not android tv or whatever the gently caress they have now). lol buying a $300 set top box.

mx master is the best mouse logitech has made in years. it has flaws but still kicks rear end. the scroll wheel is pure ownage and it's middle click feel is better than any other mouse i've owned

MX1100 was the absolute best, but the microswitches kept dying (really really common on logitech mice for years now). G700/G700s are idiot gamer garbage that would be just OK except they have to be recharged every 2-3 loving days

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

triple sulk posted:

thanks for making this thread shaggar cause no joke i wanted to talk about mice today

i'm strongly considering ordering the new g900 since it has extremely good reviews, especially for a wireless mouse. it's pricy but i don't like how the mx master feels and the g900 doesn't look ridiculous. doesn't seem like it's in stores anywhere yet and you have to go through logitech directly

its ambidextrous garbage

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Shaggar posted:

its ambidextrous garbage

computer mice do not have hands and can't be ambidextrous

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i am left handed i use a trackball with my right hand at work and a cyborg rat 7 at home

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i would like to try other brands of mice but i am completely addicted to logitech's fancy scrollwheels that can switch between ratcheted and freespin

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

additionally, based on our above-expected representation in positions of power and importance, i would like to submit t hat perhaps left handed people are super human?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

SO DEMANDING posted:

i would like to try other brands of mice but i am completely addicted to logitech's fancy scrollwheels that can switch between ratcheted and freespin

i don't "get" freespin. if you need to scroll a long way just use the cursor to click on the box in the scroll bar and drag it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

fancy scrollwheels that can switch between ratcheted and freespin

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

fancy scroll wheels miss the point that you already have something larger that you use to translate motion into screen changes

• Locked thread