Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Himura Oboro

Just when Oboro thought she was getting used to this and that she wasn't going to be surprised again, Ryohei comes out with this. And then Sayaka makes her suggestion of poetry. That is so not going to work for her.

But she's a Crab, and better, she's a Himura scout. it's time to display some adaptability, some survival instincts.

Oboro turns away, digs into her - rather sparse - baggage, and comes up with a simple wood case. She undoes the buckles that hold it close, and pulls out a tiny potted tree.

She holds up the bonsai to Ryohei and the others wordlessly.

Artisan: Bonsai with a raise.
[19:51] <+Morphball> Gorbash: 21 = 4k3(2,8,4,9)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Kakita Keiichi

Keiichi is too busy staring wide-eyed at the Unicorn architecture to notice at first. Eventually he does and stares back at Sayaka, somewhat blankly, for a moment before snapping back to attention.

"...Oh! I mean, uh, as the representative of the Kakita, I can put together, uh...let's see...Unicorn, Unicorn...not enough time for a painting or sculpture, so poetry it is...oh! They have their own style of poetry! I wonder if Ide-sama would appreciate a non-Unicorn using it?"

Keiichi closes his eyes briefly before speaking again!

"On mighty steeds with heated breath,
Onwards to the never ending horizon,
The Unicorn unite, five fingers and one hand, with Ide illustrating impartiality.
Magistrates, diplomats, and governors
Mighty and magnanimous is the Unicorn's Hand.
The Emerald Empire is all the more exemplary for their endowment."

He opens his eyes and fails to hide his grin.

"Not bad, eh?"

Poetry (+Raise): 4d10o10k3 26

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Doji Momoirobara | 童子桃色薔薇

Momoirobara smiles and averts her gaze slightly as the others scramble to come up with the proper gift. Oh, poems, the last-minute courtier's gift. Not quite an eyeroll, but close, though she seems at least to be in good spirits now that the road has ended for a time. Still, there's a mental note to start asking Ryohei more pointedly about the visits ahead.

Looking to a Ryohei, she holds up a finger before closing her parasol, and then clasps her hands, making a quick prayer to Benten. While she can't make Ryohei the splitting image of Hantei Genji, the air kami can at least clear the dirt from the road and ease his mannerisms. It's a bit forward of her to do so, but they seem to be relatively familiar. She then waits for him to pick one of the gifts presented politely. "Many graceful thoughts, though the best gifts are crafted by the recipient.", she says softly with a smile. Hopefully her suggestion isn't going to go over Ryohei's head. It probably will.

She'll cast a Benten's Touch on Ryohei with a 24, which is enough to make it with a raise to avoid having to poke at the Prince.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 11, 2016

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Kuni Kaede

She looks around to the others, a little bewildered - is this actually a thing? Couldn’t they just… bring word or news from abroad? Wasn’t receiving a Seppun a great honor or something? Are they really going to stand here and… Oh, Hells.. Alright. Poetry. A poem that reflects her family and her training…

Kaede’s grim visage hides her confusion - does she just… step up and issue the poem, or introduce it, or… well, just do what the others did… Ah, she knows what to share - the vision she’d had before she left the Kuni Wastes.

“Um… Darkness, my old friend…
I seek you out now, again…
A dream soft, creeping.”

That’s how you do it, right? Just count the syllables, say the thing, obtusely.

"The dream left its seeds
Growing while I lay sleeping
Planted in my mind

In my restless dream
Walking alone, lamp in hand
Entered court and saw

Ten thousand people
Talking but without speaking
Hearing, not listening

Writing songs not shared
None among them dared disturb
The sound of silence.”

That was appropriate, right? Not too weird? She imagines it was warning her, of just moments like this - the ten thousand people talking without speaking could only mean the chattering courts of the interior Empire.

I spent a Void point to grant myself Artistry (Poetry) 1, and rolled a 26 in IRC as you saw!

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Ryohei claps his hands together briskly. "Right," he says, "we'll do all of those things!"

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Shosuro Sayaka

Sayaka walks closer to Seppun-sama, although keeping enough distance between them to denote respect for his position.

She then says "Seppun-sama, I believe etiquette calls for using the poem you believe to be the best and most suitable. While introducing all the poems we have created for this occasion is a novel idea, it may be best to follow tradition."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Toku Hinata

"...you really, really should not use my poem."

Hinata coughs.

"I'm pretty sure I messed up."

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Ryohei looks pensive. "Oh yeah," he agrees. "That's a good point. Okay, well we'll use Kakita-san's poem but everyone did good work. Even though a tree isn't a poem, it's a nice tree."

He smiles cheerily as you're announced and enter the presence of Ide Han, who is a stern-looking older samurai, stout and short, with iron-grey hair.

"We bid you welcome to our city, Seppun-sama" Han proclaims. "We hope your stay here will be a pleasant one."

Ryohei bows deeply and straightens, gesturing to Keiichi to step forward. "My traveling companion has prepared a poem for you as a gift," he says.

"There was no need for gifts," Han says, raising an eyebrow.

"Ah, but such an august person as you deserves thoughtfulness and respect," Ryohei counters.

"You honor me with your presence alone, Seppun-sama, and no effort was called for beyond this," Han continues the obligatory objections.

"And we wish to honor you further with this poem. Please, Ide-san, allow him to speak, and you shall see that we come bearing utmost respect."

Han acquiesces and indicates that Keiichi should proceed with the recital of the poem...

which is gonna be an awa + perform(poetry) roll tn 10

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Momoirobara looks aside to the Unicorn guards, offering a slight bow of apology to them with an embarrassed smile before turning back to the others and following along. A bit odd for the Doji to be the only one not to offer up a gift, but no doubt she has her reasons. Certainly, no Crane could be bad at poetry, right?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Kuni Kaede

She looks to Oboro and shrugs her shoulders – losing the ‘honor’ of presenting a poem to the governor suits her just fine. The Kuni priestess greets the Unicorn guardsmen then sees to admiring some of Ide-sama’s statuary, stealing glances now and again at the Asahina-trained girl, amused by her dilemma.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kakita Keiichi

Keiichi gives a bow before starting. "Kakita are taught the importance of all art and culture that permeates our beauteous Empire. When the sons and daughters of Shinjo returned, the Doji welcomed them with open arms, that we may not only once again welcome our beloved clan back, but also learn from them and all that they experienced. To that end, I would like to recite not a haiku, but a piece of travel poetry, to not only honor the clan that welcomes us, but to remind us of Shinjo's compassion - and all we have gained."

"On mighty steeds with heated breath,
Onwards to the never ending horizon,
The Unicorn unite, five fingers and one hand, with Ide illustrating impartiality.
Magistrates, diplomats, and governors
Mighty and magnanimous is the Unicorn's Hand.
The Emerald Empire is all the more exemplary for their endowment."

He gives another bow.

Poetry!: 4d10o10k3 16

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Ide Han smiles, pleased by the poem. "Most impressive," he admits. "I thank you for the gift. I would now invite you to share tea."

He gestures for you to join him at a table set aside for this purpose, with a large tea set but just a single cup set before it.

Ryohei sits and looks around, slightly perplexed.

anyone with anything relevant to knowing about local customs can roll to see if you know about what's going on, tn 15

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Shosuro Sayaka

Sayaka seems too lost in thought in something to help guide Ryohei once again, what she could be thinking about could only be speculation for the other samurai. She tries to keep her personal thoughts as hidden as possible.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Void Points: 1/2
Lost Love
I spent a VP to gain the local knowledge skill necessary, but didn't spend a VP to clear out Lost Love so I rolled 18 when my TN is 20 :(

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 13, 2016

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kakita Keiichi

Keiichi, unsuccessfully hiding his confusion, takes a seat and gives a vacant smile at the single cup, thankfully keeping his mouth shut. As sensei always said, "Better to be a fool and let none know, then to open your mouth and confirm it, everyone stop looking at Keiichi."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Himura Oboro

Oboro finds her seat, and eyes the cup for a moment, then suddenly remembers something she hard once from an older bushi. "Ide-sama, we've been traveling light, so the tea cups we have with us wouldn't show our Clan's talents well."

Spent a VP
[23:57] <+Morphball> Gorbash: 21 = 4k3(6,8,2,7)

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Ide Han smiles more broadly this time. "I see my little surprise has already been spoiled." He claps his hands, and each of you is brought a cup by servants. "I should like to present each of you with your very own cups to use during your stay here in Ryoko Owari. It is tradition here, you see, to always bring your own cup. There are several stories about why, but the important thing to know is that it's our tradition."

After the customary refusals, you're all poured tea. The cups are quite nice, and the tea is also excellent.

"What brings you to our city, Seppun-sama?" inquires Ide Han after setting down his teacup. "The message said only that you would be coming here, and not what your mission is."

"Oh, yes, of course!" Ryohei beams. "Well, I thought we'd see some plays and visit some temples, maybe look into the allegations of corruption in the Emerald Magistrate assigned here, that type of thing." The tone he speaks in is off-hand, but it's clear that he's not joking.

Ide Han goes a little pale.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Shosuro Sayaka

To any trained courtier Sayaka's movements would be quite noticeable. She jerks her head up slightly, her mask hiding any expression she may have. She wasn't expecting anything entirely serious with this assignment, and was rather lost in thought until this moment. This news was...unexpected.

She's unsure how to feel about being of proper service before becoming the wife of a man she hates from another clan. In a way, it's exciting, but it also stings.

Spending a void point to snap out of Lost Love because this seems like a good moment for that.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Kuni Kaede

The evening is full of surprises. Her clansmen is treated to raised eyebrows - any guess as to where the Hiruma picked up that point of etiquette. And then Ryoehi utters the first consequential thing she's heard from him yet.

Kaede reins in her excitement once she recalls that 'corruption' here means something different than it does in the Wastes. Still, a most worthy pursuit, if not broached a bit bluntly for Ide-sama's tastes she suspects. Following the Seppun's words, she hopefully offers both Ryohei and Han a chance to move along gracefully, "I had hoped to show Seppun-sama the shrine to Lord Moon especially. I only hope we have time to slake all our curiosities."

Oh. Hm. The priestess again suffers from her unfortunate knack of making the benign sound ominous or even threatening. It is unintentional.

on phone cannot roll but suspect there's an etiquette roll in there maybe. She was hoping to deflect ryo's bluntness and offer han cover
edit: Etiquette roll <Morphball> ambivalent: 50 = 4k3([10,1],[10,3],[10,10,6],2)

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 14, 2016

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"The air kami can be used to manipulate the mind. With your talent, there are many dangerous spells that can are a risk to the minds of others... and to your own honor.", the Asahina sensei said with a sigh. "Such is the way of those who shame the kami. There is nothing for you there." Momoirobara nodded in quick agreement. To command the kami to attack memories... who would want to do such a thing?

Years later, Momo could now think of a few reasons. She takes a sharp breath, and then smiles. "Certainly there's nothing to such careless words.", she explains to Ide Han, keeping a straight face as she drops the double entendre. "But we'll need your absolute cooperation and subtlety. If such words are shocking inside this hall, think how shocking they would be outside of it." She lowers her gaze. "Avoiding any misconceptions as early as possible would be best, wouldn't it? For everyone's sake.", she says, before raising her eyes and focusing her attention on the Unicorn as if to say but you most of all.

Making an Awareness / Courtier roll with Benten's Blessing and a Void Point, taking 2 raises to try and get Han to spill something in addition to cooperating. The roll is a 42.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Ide Han's recovery is fairly swift - he IS a courtier after all. A quick cough, then "Of course, I will be happy to provide whatever cooperation I can in your ah, sight-seeing," he says calmly. "After all, I am the governor here and should obviously be able to point you in the proper direction. Tell me," he says after a momentary hesitation, "have you been to our Bridge of Drunken Lovers? I am told that the view there of an evening is something to see. You should visit it tonight, if you can."

No special emphasis, completely straight faced, and yet there's a definite sense that he is telling you something important with this.

"I almost forgot - I have arranged for lodgings for you in an old, empty estate that once belonged to a prominent Scorpion who left the city after we Unicorn took possession. It is nearby - I shall have one of my servants guide you there. May your visit to our city be...calm and peaceful," he finishes, and then stands, bowing. "I must return to my duties as governor. Paperwork - it never seems to end. Feel free to finish your tea, a servant will be waiting for you."

And Ide Han is gone.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Toku Hinata

Hinata can barely contain his excitement. He'd been getting the sense that Ryohei was...not the brightest of bulbs, on the way in. But now, it turns out they're doing something monumentally important. Something that will help him in his plan to become an Emerald Magistrate himself, one day! He maintains his calm by sheer will and little else. He sips his tea thoughtfully, glancing at the prince.

"I think...I think it would be best to take Ide-sama's advice about visiting the bridge tonight."

He may be a goofball, but he's trained for this all his life. This is what he wants to do. It could be a trap - but that's unlikely, right?

Oh, if only he knew these servants like the ones at home. Then it'd be easy to just ask them.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Himura Oboro

Oboro suddenly realizes she's still holding her tea cup halfway to her lips, and finishes the moment to take a sip, hoping no one else noticed. At some point, she hopes, she'll stop being shocked into total befuddlement by the events around her. If she could respond to goblin ambushes without hesitation, she should be able to handle this! Oboro decides to talk to the others about it. Later, though.

Right now there's a few duties she is entirely suited for.

"I would like to accompany you then, Toku-san." Oboro is thinking the same thing - a trap. And she so loves turning ambushes around on the attackers.

Meanwhile... An abandoned Scorpion estate given to them by a governor who may well have corrupt officials in his employ? It's not quite the same as going over the Wall, but it's definitely something a scout could manage. Finishing her tea as quickly as politeness allows - and maybe a little faster than that, really - she bows to Ryohei. "Excuse me, Seppun-sama, but if it pleases you, I would like to go and examine our new lodgings before we move into them."

Assuming assent is given, Oboro gets directions and makes for them immediately, remembering to take her cup with her.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Shosuro Sayaka

On the way to their new lodgings Sayaka lets out a small sigh.

"Kakita-san, could you perform a tea ceremony in these new lodgings to calm some of our nerves before we act?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Finishing her tea politely, Momoirobara rises with her cup in hand. A slight sigh, as this cup isn't going to match her existing set at all, but Oboro's politeness had bound her into taking it, and she's far too far from home to just leave it on a shelf. Oh, the troublesome life of a samurai...

Following after Oboro, she says to Hinata, "I'd... like to be of assistance, if I may.", she says a little hesitantly as they walk back into the light. "I admit I have little experience with things like this, but the kami can aid in many ways."

To Sayaka, she adds eagerly, "Oh! I can help with tea!"

Indeed, Momo can add her cooperation bonus to the roll, which is +1. Not +1 die, +1 to the total value. Amazing!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Himura Oboro

"I would appreciate it, Doji-san," Oboro replies, clearly sincere. "I'm used to scouting open ground not buildings, to be honest. I suspect my biggest contribution this time will be to set off any traps so they don't catch anyone else." It's not entirely clear if this is a jest.

"And... I would like your help on something as well. You and Shosuro-san, and Kakita-san as well I suppose. Every time Seppun-sama says something, um, unexpected, I find myself unable to think of what to do." Oboro is clearly not happy to admit this. "That's never happened to me before, and I would like it to stop happening."

Searching the grounds! I don't find anything of note.
[23:21] <+Morphball> Gorbash: 8 = 3k2(2,6,2)

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kakita Keiichi

The Kakita's eyes light up and he gives what he hopes is a beatific smile!

"The Children of Doji are happy to help."

Followed by a look of confusion.

"Uh, to have tea again. My! You must really like tea, Shosuro-san!"

Tea Ceremony for 4 (5?) TN25 (30???): 4d10o10k3 16
Nope, no VP!

The tea ceremony goes well! Everyone has tea and it is nice. The effect is slightly ruined by just how much tea they've consumed, but it's still probably kinda nice.

"...Now, Himura-san, if you find you do not know what to do. Um. ESPECIALLY with Seppun-sama, you. Huh."

Kakita stares blankly at the crab for a moment.

"...Sensei told me to reach a point where instinct overrides thought; the sword knows what it must do, you are simply releasing it and giving it allowance to do so. If you can't think of what to do when Seppun-sama says something unexpected maybe it's...your instinct kicking in and overriding your thoughts?"

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Shosuro Sayaka

"I enjoy tea as much as any might. Though I try not to drink much in... unknown company." Sayaka then removes her mask.

"There is wisdom in what Kakita-san's sensei said. If you've seen a predator waiting for prey, or an animal foraging for food, they instinctively grasp opportunities as they are presented. One can't fall into routines or simply see what they expect to. One must always be prepared to act in some way. Or, to know when not to act."

Sayaka takes a sip of her tea.

"Don't worry if you find yourself at a loss for words, or lose your footing in this new place. I'm sure one of us can help in some way."

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Kuni Kaede

She’s having her second tea, contemplating the cup, but also her charge. The Kuni wonders if she’d been too quick to dismiss him. She decides to be more prudent and reserved with her judgment in the future.

She can’t help Oboro overmuch, “Do nothing, or do something. Sage.” The witch nods - if she was making fun, her tone is dry as dust. Digressing, she turns to her fellow Crab, “If they had wanted six Crane courtiers to serve Seppun-sama, they would be here. But we are here, and we must understand that it is not an accident - so be Himura Oboro - and no one else - and I am sure it will suffice.”

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Himura Oboro

Oboro sighs at the advice from Sayaka and Keiichi. "That's what I'm concerned about. Normally I can act without hesitation." When Kaede speaks up, she thinks about it, and nods.

"I think you're right, Kaede-san." She turns back to the others, again particularly the Cranes and Sayaka. "Your advice is good as well, about trusting you. We are comrades now. So, I will put my trust in you." She bows to them. "I apologize in advance for making your tasks more complicated by doing so."

Oboro sits back up, and grins for probably the first time since they whole business started. "And I accept your apologies for making my duties more complicated when you follow your instincts."

"At least it seems our duties will be more than simply following Seppun-sama from place to place, and... uh, smoothing his way."

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Shosuro Sayaka

If Sayaka was bothered by Kaede's remark, it wasn't obvious.

"If you want to learn about social stratagems, that will take more time. The Bridge of Drunken Lovers and Seppun-sama's objectives are what we must focus on now. I will try to make as much sense of this situation as I can and meet with Himura-san and Toku-san at the bridge when the time is right."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"Ah-", Momoirobara starts, as if getting over an uncomfortable thought. "I think we also have to, of course, consider Seppun-sama's safely, too.", she says. Envisioning him as a swordcushion evokes a variety of feelings, really. "I understand it may seem obvious, but there are those that may have overheard his intentions, and act unwisely based on them." She holds her cup in both hands, looking at her distorted reflection in it. "I'm not really skilled with my blade. I'm glad you're all here to ensure his safely."

Looking up, she sighs, and then says, "I apologize for not sharing more about Seppun-sama, I trust you will learn more as we travel, but... still, I should have asked more questions of him. I will have to try and ascertain his intentions in the future."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Toku Hinata

Hinata sips his tea, stopping to grin when the mask comes off. Called that one! "This isn't going to be easy, but it's really important work. I knew there had to be something behind Seppun-sama's plans here. I think he's trying to hide his real intentions behind the, uh..." He waves a hand vaguely. "...you know."

Hinata is an optimist.

"So that people here underestimate him. It's really kind of clever. They might try to harm him, but I will die before I let that happen - you have my word, on the name of my ancestor, the mighty and honorable Toku! So I promise you, Doji-chan, that I will protect Seppun-sama and you with my sword - we all have our talents, and that one is one of mine!"

He crosses his arms, grinning proudly.

"In Leadership, the mighty Akodo writes that that when a general leads his armies under the Imperial Law, he gives them a soul of fire, for they know their actions are just. When a general does not, he suffocates the fire and robs it of fuel. By giving us such a mighty and just purpose as seeking out corruption among the Emerald Magistrates, who must be the greatest among us in justice, Seppun-sama has given us a mighty fire in our hearts. Trust in that fire, and in the justice of the Imperial family, and even if Seppun-sama's, ah..." Ryohei waves a hand vaguely again. "...you know, even with that, you will know what to do when the time comes. And imagine, if that can confuse us, what it must do to those who would oppose us! Akodo also writes that when an enemy is entrenched and secure, they must be lured from their nest. By putting them off guard and confusing them, he forces them to make mistakes and leave their safety of confidence."

This is not, perhaps, the most orthodox reading of Leadership.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 16, 2016

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Shosuro Sayaka

"Seppun-sama's directness and his position could be used to our advantage, yes. Although until we know who's aware of Seppun-sama's talk with Ide-sama, we can't be sure if that idea of yours is something we can rely on, Toku-san. We should find out what Seppun-sama plans to do with his time, now. We can finalize our plans from there."

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
From another room, Ryohei's voice is audible.

"ECHO!" he cries. There does indeed seem to be an echo.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Looking to Hinata, Momoirobara fails to suppress a nervous laugh. "Ah, yeah, that must be it, his real intentions...", she manages weakly after Ryohei's shout. She takes a deep breath, looking a little curious. "Did Akodo-sama really write all of that?" She's never cracked open a copy of Leadership, most likely, though that's probably no surprise given the state of her sword.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kakita Keiichi

Keiichi gives a very brief startled look at the usage of -chan to describe Momo, but hides most of it.

"I desperately, desperately hope you are correct, Toku-san.""

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Toku Hinata

Hinata looks in the direction of the shouting. He looks back.

"Well, it's working, isn't it? Anyway, it's in Leadership, really! I carry a copy with me." Hinata pulls it out from somewhere. "See? The Measure of Fire: 'A general must lead his army under the Imperial Law. When he does so, he gives a soul of fire, for they know their actions are just. When he does not, he suffocates the fire and robs the fuel from the flame.'"

Hinata's copy is very dog-eared and has many notes in the margins. He flips to another page.

"'Instead, when facing an enemy, let him see what you want him to see.' You see?"

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Shosuro Sayaka

"Never debate philosophy or academic interpretations with the descendants of Toku." Sayaka says solemnly before putting her mask back on and leaving the room to see Ryohei.

"Seppun-sama, I have come to ask what you are planning to do with the rest of your day."

Sayaka states this near the doorway just outside of the room Ryohei is residing in.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Kuni Kaede

She turns her tea cup over in her hand, and over again, drolly observing the dish. It is good the Toku can read, she decides. “Doji-san was correct, though - whatever ventures we pursue, we must not forget our charge. We must never assume Seppun-sama is safe.” She closes her eyes, resisting the urge to rub them at this point. “To that end, if some of us will be venturing to this bridge, I will accompany him.” She raises an eyebrow as a thought occurs, “Unless he chooses to come with us.” That seems unfortunately possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kakita Keiichi

With a serious look, the Kakita nods and raises his sheathed blade.

"None shall harm the honor of Seppun-sama so long as I am there to stop them!"

• Locked thread