Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Krysmphoenix posted:

Chic Trombone
Did you finally smooch the ~boy~?

I have not yet smooched the ~boy~, our schedules are hecka busy and we haven't actually seen each other since the gardening escapade a little over a week ago. We're trying to plan getting together very soon though, and ~~who knows what'll happen~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Jivjov
How's the wife? Actually you know what, I can just go downstairs to ask her myself. While I'm at it, would you mind telling us if you told anyone we were roommates this enitre time?

Mrs. jivjov is doing just fine, although she did go to bed a few minutes ago.

Yes; Krysm and I are roommates, the only people who I know for sure knew are Cena (who I cleared it with before the game started) and pera. Other than that, I made no secret of the fact that we were close, but not that we literally lived together.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Krysmphoenix posted:

Peramene
How are your partners? Are they cheering you on?

Hi honey <3

Carol is playing Overwatch but shot me an "I love you," just before we got started. Mana fell asleep waiting for us to get started and I'm letting her sleep.

Krysmphoenix posted:

I probably couldn't handle being in the game again.

You should. You were great. You made some mistakes but watching the show will help you, and I'd be happy to mentor you.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Raeg's turn.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
HI! Some of you will be really surprised to learn someone came to talk to me to hold me up!

Okay dokes, here are my things with the things.

Pera...

Oh Pera...

You're liking super trying hard to be the victorious manipulating villain right now when really, you had a lot of fortunate circumstances fall in your favour. Like, I was ready to ask a nice question and everything and then I read your case and I start to realise you hadn't quite put together they were other motivations for votes. Like my own ejection for instance, do you not think I put together you suddenly asking me to vote Jivjov and publically asking Narc to "do that thing you asked"? Super stealthy, I mean if you want to use me as a political chip to prove your manipulations, you probably came to the wrong door, considering I was playing up the non-threatening outsider to get deep to the end. See, now I don't have a question, I just have a rant. THANKS PERA!

Jivjov, as a follow on from that rant, I was super impressed with your vital immunity plays to keep trucking along. I suppose my question for you boils down to, why was it any time I tried to direct you towards Chic, Pera and Narc, you went full on radio silence? It made me get the impression you thought you had another alliance within those three and sadly when it came time to discussing voting you out, I felt like I couldn't do business with you and ultimately went for you for the vote even when my gut said you had the idol. Why were you so resistant?

Chic, HAVE YOU FOUND A PLACE YET? Like, I don't have a deep game question for you because I never got a picture of your overall game, beyond pretending that you would keep breaking a clearly strong and well planned alliance.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Raeg posted:

Jivjov, as a follow on from that rant, I was super impressed with your vital immunity plays to keep trucking along. I suppose my question for you boils down to, why was it any time I tried to direct you towards Chic, Pera and Narc, you went full on radio silence? It made me get the impression you thought you had another alliance within those three and sadly when it came time to discussing voting you out, I felt like I couldn't do business with you and ultimately went for you for the vote even when my gut said you had the idol. Why were you so resistant?

That right there was the crux of the weakness of my social game; I had what I thought was a stable alliance, and it wasn't. I'm not sure if you had a chance to read my Rites of Passage, but I said there (and still believe now) that I totally should have trusted you more! We might have been able to take the game in a completely different direction than it ended up going. When it came to talking to you, I absolutely was betting on the wrong horse, and I don't have any shame in admitting that.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Raeg posted:

Chic, HAVE YOU FOUND A PLACE YET? Like, I don't have a deep game question for you because I never got a picture of your overall game, beyond pretending that you would keep breaking a clearly strong and well planned alliance.

No, and it looks like my plan with friend isn't happening :sad: It's looking like he didn't get the interview, so we can't go forward with any of the plans we made and it makes me super super sad

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Raeg posted:

You're liking super trying hard to be the victorious manipulating villain right now when really, you had a lot of fortunate circumstances fall in your favour. Like, I was ready to ask a nice question and everything and then I read your case and I start to realise you hadn't quite put together they were other motivations for votes. Like my own ejection for instance, do you not think I put together you suddenly asking me to vote Jivjov and publically asking Narc to "do that thing you asked"? Super stealthy, I mean if you want to use me as a political chip to prove your manipulations, you probably came to the wrong door, considering I was playing up the non-threatening outsider to get deep to the end. See, now I don't have a question, I just have a rant. THANKS PERA!

No, actually... I believe you knew exactly what the machinations were, but the fact that you didn't know jiv had the idol - and I did, as is evidenced by my votes cast in that tribal - demonstrates how lacking his social game was. You didn't want to go with jiv, you wanted to go with me. And like I told you that very night - my hope was that it wouldn't be you, but that it would be jiv. It would've been you next. Like I told you. That doesn't change the fact that if either he had trusted you the amount you had earned - a failing on his part - or you had figured out you could use him against me - a failing on your part - you would've had a significant advantage over me. I needed anarc to beat you two, and at least at the time jiv had no idea krysm had already turned to my side. You could be here, Raeg, if you had voted anarc instead. Maybe I'd still be here? But you would be, too. And you'd have the hero argument against me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Now we'll let Cat out of the bag.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Look at that! It's finally my turn.

Aren't you excited?

I know I am!

Let's get this out of the way right now -- from my perspective, this final 3 is disappointing. Not because the three of you don't deserve it, but because it was just handed to you. It's really frustrating as a juror to see two people who helped to vote you out just lay down and die. It's a game, and we're all adults. None of us are going to let a betrayal or a lie in a game like this impact our out-of-game relationships. And if someone is gonna do that, then they clearly didn't value the friendship in the first place.

Addendum: None of the three of you are having a good FTC so far. There's only two jurors left. Make us count.

But enough about those two -- it's your night, you three. Or at least, one of you. Let's run down the list.

Chic

Yeah, you lied to me. I don't really care that you did --- in fact, I think the instant you offered that F3 to me I went over to pera and said "chic said this and I think she's lying". It wasn't a good lie. Personally, it's really hard for me logically to vote for you tonight. I don't see anything you did that pera didn't do better, frankly. I don't want to hear a reason that you deserve to win the game over her. My question to you is simple: Tell me a reason why you deserve my vote in particular, over these other two. What reason do I have to want you to win this game?

Addendum:

Chic Trombone posted:

Beyond that, I was able to become the morale core of this game - who here can honestly say they weren’t inspired at some point by my “the SUN. IS. OUUUUUUT :sun: :sun: :sun:” routine?

Me and PBS.

jiv

Congrats, jiv! You won immunity four times and found an idol to give yourself a fifth straight round of immunity. Good job, I guess. You've gotten to the end, but again, logically, it's hard for me to find a reason to vote for you. I don't think you had a single vote go the way you wanted it to after Final 9. Frankly, you also seemed to be the least aware of anyone in the Final 8 of anything that was going on. Krysm flipped their vote -- you didn't believe me about that. Incidentally, Krysm also talked to me about wanting to blindside you later on in the merge the very first round of it, which I also doubt you knew about. And, apparently, you were set to go over me if you hadn't won immunity when I left. Of course, maybe you did know all of this -- maybe you even know that I didn't give you immunity at Final 8 intentionally?

But I can't tell. My request to you is pretty simple as well: find something you can point out to me that you were aware of that wasn't obvious during the game. Bonus points if it's something I was unaware of.

pera

Oh, pera. I've saved the best (?) for last.

Now, I'm gonna be honest with you. For the longest time, I was feeling an awful lot of anger and bitterness towards you. After the F8 round, where I kept you extremely informed of what I was doing, for you to turn around and just blindside me hurt. It felt like you just left me helpless.

But even more than just ditching me... it felt like it was the wrong move for you. I strongly believed that I was the only person who would take you to any sort of Final 2. Heck, I believed that you would get pushed out at Final 4.
And then anarc just quit.
I don't know if you were aware of the fact that anarc was going to do that. You said it was discussed between the three of you, but I don't know when those discussions started.

The thing is, it's legitimately hard for me to analyze how you did in the game, because of how strong (I felt) our emotional attachment to each other was. We talked, pera, we shared things with each other that I don't think anyone else in the game knows of. You, more than anyone else, even PBS, were the person that I most wanted just as a friend. I still do. I cried that night, pera.

Emotionally, it's difficult for me to vote for you. It's hard for me to overlook the immediate turnaround, particularly when I had given you so much immediately before. So, I want you to play make-believe. Say I played my idol (which I came incredibly close to doing) and had voted for Krysm that night. So Krysm leaves at 7. What do you think happens the next round, and for the rest of the game? I don't need an explanation of everything, I just want to know your thoughts on how the game would've turned if the yoshi had left that night from my idol. Oh, and if you wanna say that the vote split at F11 was something we discussed an awful lot, that would be nice.

I don't get to respond, so I guess that's about it. Good luck(?) to all three of you.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

curiousCat posted:

jiv

Congrats, jiv! You won immunity four times and found an idol to give yourself a fifth straight round of immunity. Good job, I guess. You've gotten to the end, but again, logically, it's hard for me to find a reason to vote for you. I don't think you had a single vote go the way you wanted it to after Final 9. Frankly, you also seemed to be the least aware of anyone in the Final 8 of anything that was going on. Krysm flipped their vote -- you didn't believe me about that. Incidentally, Krysm also talked to me about wanting to blindside you later on in the merge the very first round of it, which I also doubt you knew about. And, apparently, you were set to go over me if you hadn't won immunity when I left. Of course, maybe you did know all of this -- maybe you even know that I didn't give you immunity at Final 8 intentionally?

But I can't tell. My request to you is pretty simple as well: find something you can point out to me that you were aware of that wasn't obvious during the game. Bonus points if it's something I was unaware of.

Re: Final 8 immunity; I assumed that it was rules weirdness and not an intentional decision to hand me immunity. I didn't want to ask you about it because I didn't want to come off as gloating or anything.

Re: Krysm turning on me: Nailed it. I trusted Krysm too much and almost paid the price for it. You were right and I should have listened to you.

As for something "not obvious" during the game...I honestly don't know what I would call "obvious" or not, or what you did or didn't know....but all I can really come up with is that I knew that Krysm and pera were super super tight with each other. I didn't know quite the extent of it (like; playing a [fake] idol for her), but I knew that that was a HARD power twosome that was going to need to be broken up. I didn't quite pull it off soon enough, I know.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

curiousCat posted:

Say I played my idol (which I came incredibly close to doing) and had voted for Krysm that night. So Krysm leaves at 7. What do you think happens the next round, and for the rest of the game?

First - on anarc - I was not aware. All game, my biggest fear, the big risk, indeed the risk I could have used you to solve, was the risk of a final two and anarc and chic's friendship. Krysm and Anarc surrendering helped me get here, and I would have beaten them anyway - but what the gently caress good is it to say so now? They robbed me of the opportunity to prove it, sure I could stomp my feet and go "social game social game" but truthfully, I more agree with Strong Mouse. We should've played it out.

I was prepared for you to play the idol. There is a vote on Raeg from that TC, and that was my safety vote. I don't have the votes in front of me, so I think it would've been raeg still, but let's accept your premise. Without krysm, I'm down one ally and my big mechanism against chic and anarc AND I've just lost you. At that point, you're coming for me HARD or forgiving me and we're solid to F2. I would not have had very many more options had you successfully eliminated krysm. If it had been raeg like I planned, that's a different story and I still would have had you.

In retrospect, it's not so much chic and anarc I could've used you against, it was jiv. poo poo, there's my one minute warning. Listen we can go over this again and again after we're done here, and honestly, I'd love to. I can't believe we actually blindsided you with an idol in your pocket. I'm sorry.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

curiousCat posted:

Chic

Yeah, you lied to me. I don't really care that you did --- in fact, I think the instant you offered that F3 to me I went over to pera and said "chic said this and I think she's lying". It wasn't a good lie. Personally, it's really hard for me logically to vote for you tonight. I don't see anything you did that pera didn't do better, frankly. I don't want to hear a reason that you deserve to win the game over her. My question to you is simple: Tell me a reason why you deserve my vote in particular, over these other two. What reason do I have to want you to win this game?

I disagree with you about peramene, obviously. I understand why you feel that way, because you were closer to her and interacted with her more than you did with me, but I feel that you're wrong.
You should vote for me because I had the strongest strategy game of all three, and the fact that peramene even made it this far is all me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

And we go to the last juror, AnonymousNarcotics

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
My question will be short and sweet. Why should I vote for you? I don't want to hear about your strategy or your social game or why the other two are less deserving. I am asking why my specific vote should be for you.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

My question will be short and sweet. Why should I vote for you? I don't want to hear about your strategy or your social game or why the other two are less deserving. I am asking why my specific vote should be for you.

I made a mistake and voted for you once....I immediately flipped that in the revote. I wanted to be sitting here in the Final 3 with you. That's all I got. I respect your play, and I hope you respect mine enough to vote for me.

And speaking of respect...yeah, I probably should have voted for you at the final regular tribal like you wanted...but I didn't. And I apologize if you saw that as a slight.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

You should vote for me because of our long history of friendship, my dear friend :sun:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

You should vote for me because I prioritized your friendship over an easier game, and that's what you value. I betrayed every other juror save Krysm. To their faces. It was my game. But I couldn't betray you, even though you potentially could've had me easily with Chic if you were willing to. You told me we couldn't be friends after, after I told you I would forgive you - and I was being honest. I adapted my plans to better suit the way I wanted to play. WIth you.

That said, I anticipate - and this is in my confessionals - that you'll vote for chic. I ask you to consider which of us actually played the better game, you watched the two of us more than any other person here, you know who was figuring things out and giving orders. If you vote Chic here, please understand: I understand. Don't feel a second's hesitation in doing what you think is best. We are friends, and I adore you.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

And now it is time for the final three to make their closing statements.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I don't have a whole lot more to say that I didn't say in opening or during your questions...but thank you very much for your consideration in asking me questions, thank you for not holding back and being honest with me. I, in turn, was honest with you.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Look I'm gonna be totally honest about something here (that's probably kind of obvious oooo nooo) - I'm poo poo at talking myself up, honestly. I really don't know how to do it more than I have. I have cripplingly low self esteem and doubt why people even talk to me on the regular, coupled with severe depression and anxiety issues. I barely have good poo poo to say about myself ever, and that's made this FTC really tough.

But despite all of that I still played this game, and hell, I made it all the way to the end. I'm proud of myself. I think I played a great game, and I think I'm worth your vote, moreso than the other two. I've tried to express that as well as I can - and I wasn't particularly eloquent about it, I know, and I'm sorry for that. But I've given my honest 100% all game long and I hope you'll recognize that and vote for me.

Thank you all for this wonderful experience.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
aHere we are, at the end. I've done my best to be honest and forthright with all of you as part of this process, in direct contrast to how I played the game.

This revelation that Cat has made about her reaction to my - callous, awful, diabolical - voting of her really reiterates exactly why I can't allow this behavior into my real life. I thought everyone would be safe inside the confines of the game, especially you, sweetheart, who are so talented and such a good strategy player and... and I only even played this game because of you. I had to make the move I did, but I wish it hadn't hurt you, and I'm so sorry that it did. Please allow me the opportunity to apologize in more detail after this, and please let us explore our friendship together. I would love to be friends.

Starting with the Lumpen vote, I moved my play from a pro-Baebotin-strong strategy into one of deceit, manipulation of the various alliances. I had intel from every single possible arrangement of people. I had backup plans for my backup plans. I was the "Outwit" master of this game, and if you ask me, it represents the most important element of this game. We all "Outlast"ed all of you, for various reasons. Jivjov outplayed my Plan A at the end. But I manipulated schemes, told the lies required to make them work, and... hurt some of you. I knew I would feel bad about it, but within the confines of the game, I did what was required, exactly like I promised. I love that I've made friends, I love the people I've met as a result of playing this game, but: I came here to win, and that meant you had to be betrayed and tricked and lied to. I am your Sole Survivor. Thank you.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

For the final time...

Tonight, this will work differently. Tonight, you WANT to see your name come up. The Jurors are voting for WHO THEY WANT TO SEE WIN. Jurors, please PM or Slack Message me your vote for a winner in image form.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Congratulations, everybody.

After 48 days, tonight, in just a moment, it all ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sULApw8TZ5A

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It has been a fun season to watch from this end, and a hard fought one on all of yours. Everyone tried their damndest, but only one could win.

Let's find out who it was.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

A vote for jivjov to win!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

A vote for Chic Trombone to win!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

A vote for peramene to win!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Another vote for peramene!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Another vote for jivjov!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

placeholder, forums ate a post

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Another vote for jivjov!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

A vote for peramene!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The winner of Awful Survivor: Games

CONGRATULATIONS TO JIVJOV, SOLE SURVIVOR AND THE WINNER OF THE $150 GRAND PRIZE~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

CONGRATULATIONS TO JIVJOV, SOLE SURVIVOR AND THE WINNER OF THE $150 GRAND PRIZE~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
:toot:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I guess I will get to post this after all: http://www.tubechop.com/watch/7977650

WAY TO GO JIV <3 <3 <3

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

paging tremendous taste

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Congrats Jiv!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat I wasn't expecting that. Well played everyone!

• Locked thread