Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The title should be self-explanatory, but if it wasn't, this is a cute anime for cool people and bears.

The OP and ED also basically tell you what you're in for.

https://jii.moe/Vk38ZEpCg.webm

https://jii.moe/NkYN-4aCl.webm

https://zippy.gfycat.com/AnotherLawfulHalcyon.mp4

Currently being streamed by Funimation.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

good show

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

good bear
good dirty jokes
cute guy

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Davincie posted:

good show

dogsicle posted:

good bear
good dirty jokes
cute guy

:agreed:

https://d2.maxfile.ro/dxqxsjlssc.webm

:kimchi:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

But why is the OP video full of Paris.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I love kuma miko.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

nielsm posted:

It's just cardboard :ssh:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

nielsm posted:

He's a very urbane ursus.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I really like the ED song; it's probably the best thing ever.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
I've heard that there are some creepy sexualizing-preteen jokes which tends to be a Dealbreaker for me. is this true???? I just wanted a cool chill bear and girl funtime show

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Weed Wolf posted:

I've heard that there are some creepy sexualizing-preteen jokes which tends to be a Dealbreaker for me. is this true???? I just wanted a cool chill bear and girl funtime show

there's not. You should watch the nice show

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Weed Wolf posted:

You should sever. And then watch the cool chill bear and girl funtime show.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Weed Wolf posted:

there's some sexual jokes in the first episode but none of the later chapters of the manga have any.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

this manga is good and i look forward to watching this anime.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The ED is spectacular, I look forward to watching more episodes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Mods please rename the thread to "The Bear and Maiden Fair" tyvm.

I really liked the first episode :shobon:

Don't touch me!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weed Wolf posted:

there are jokes about sex but they aren't about sexualizing preteens or w/e. they're about how old folktales and legends have a lot of weird sex stuff in them.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I love kuma miko.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
After rewatching it, I can confirm the ending theme is the best thing.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Kumamiko is cute and fun and Natsu is the best.

doyle-san
Feb 25, 2001

"This changes nothing."
This is the best fun. I have been looking for more acerbic bear humour since Shirokuma Cafe ended, and here it is.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

What I saw of the manga was great and this seems like a good adaptation.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Alas, poor Natsu. The unkindest cut of all.

This is a fun show. The wait between episodes will be tough to bear.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Sandman posted:

Alas, poor Natsu. The unkindest cut of all.

This is a fun show. The wait between episodes will be tough to bear.

You understand just what you've done, don't you? :mad:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Wark Say posted:

Created a kodiak moment?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Don't fight, everyone. Wouldn't want this scene to get grisly.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Wark Say posted:

Paracelsus posted:

Created a kodiak moment?

chumbler posted:

Don't fight, everyone. Wouldn't want this scene to get grisly.

:smugteddie:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Puns! Awful, painful ursine puns. :cripes:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Puns! Awful, painful ursine puns. :cripes:

They're very polarizing.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

I hope for these every ep.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
What's up with the girl's jacket? That looks like some Ainu poo poo right there.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

that's cause it is ainu

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
That doesn't really answer what's up with it. Aren't the Japanese famously, hilariously racist against the Ainu? Why is it just there without any comment? Why's she wearing that over her miko dress? Is it a marker for something that I don't get? Is the author some sort of Ainu sympathizer?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

That doesn't really answer what's up with it. Aren't the Japanese famously, hilariously racist against the Ainu? Why is it just there without any comment? Why's she wearing that over her miko dress? Is it a marker for something that I don't get? Is the author some sort of Ainu sympathizer?

maybe somebody who reads the comic can say if it is actually explained, but idk why it's so odd to you. both golden kamui and silver spoon have touched on ainu culture (the former is basically 80% about it) and they're very popular and well-regarded manga.

i mean america is grossly racist to non-whites and there are still media with/centered around poc and their experiences. they're not mutually exclusive or anything.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

Basically, it looks old and traditional. Which is the aesthetic the artist is going for. Besides, us Americans don't have a good track record w.r.t Native Americans but we'll gladly wear their patterned tshirts or whatever.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dogsicle posted:

maybe somebody who reads the comic can say if it is actually explained, but idk why it's so odd to you. both golden kamui and silver spoon have touched on ainu culture (the former is basically 80% about it) and they're very popular and well-regarded manga.

i mean america is grossly racist to non-whites and there are still media with/centered around poc and their experiences. they're not mutually exclusive or anything.

yeah

canada is horrible to aboriginals but i'm not totally perplexed when an aboriginal character is in a tv show or comic or whatever

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Davincie posted:

that's cause it is ainu

:perfect:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

that's cause it is ainu

wow, fanart of my husband dressed up as my other husband

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
To my knowledge America and Canada generally don't pretend that the Natives don't exist. It's more like having a Turkish movie about the Armenian Genocide or something. I'm not familiar with Golden Kamui or any of that, so it might be that younger people or popular culture aren't as bad as I thought the whole country is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

maybe you don't know as much about this issue as you believe.

• Locked thread