Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this ep was insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeiros
Oct 4, 2013

by Smythe
I'm baffled as to what the overall tone of this show is supposed to be. Someone going in blind might expect it to be a family friendly feel good slice of life show about a young girl and a talking bear. It's not exactly funny per say in the gags per second sense, but neither does it have the comfy relaxing atmosphere of a series like Aria or this season's Flying Witch. Then there's the fact that it airs at midnight and takes the oktaku lolibait much further than it does in the manga. In fact you could easily argue it doesn't come off that way in the source at all, but the anime on the other hand takes any opportunity for sexuality it can and practically transforms what are harmless nonsexual panels/pages into obvious pandering.

Skipping past the obvious scene from the first episode, we've got two examples in episode three. The leg-service scene is only two pages in the manga with her legs being featured (her pinching her exposed thighs) on just two out of the 12 panels therein. The part where she strips to her bra and panties is a single page in the manga, but is drawn out to such a degree in the anime that the sequence where the dude pins her down while she's only in her undergarments screaming at her asking why he's a pervert, but the bear isn't was never in the manga to begin with. It's an obvious attempt to cater to that demographic and clashes heavily with the rest of whatever the show is trying to be.

People that come into this show not knowing scenes like that exist not expecting what I described earlier will likely find themselves feeling highly off put and uncomfortable. They'll be those parts they try to pretend don't exist. It certainly isn't just the manga in tone or overall feel. I wish I couldn't see the loli pandering as the obvious please buy the Blu-rays ploy that it clearly is. I'll be interested to see how well the first volume of this series winds up selling. Are the manga readers happy with it? Will the loli pandering pay off? Find out! As for me, I'm done. This show is clearly not for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Still almost as funny in the right thread.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

That was some very silly Kumamiko Dancin'! :3: I liked Machi's straw hat and sunflower

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

0.o

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Xeiros posted:

I'm baffled as to what the overall tone of this show is supposed to be. Someone going in blind might expect it to be a family friendly feel good slice of life show about a young girl and a talking bear. It's not exactly funny per say in the gags per second sense, but neither does it have the comfy relaxing atmosphere of a series like Aria or this season's Flying Witch. Then there's the fact that it airs at midnight and takes the oktaku lolibait much further than it does in the manga. In fact you could easily argue it doesn't come off that way in the source at all, but the anime on the other hand takes any opportunity for sexuality it can and practically transforms what are harmless nonsexual panels/pages into obvious pandering.

Skipping past the obvious scene from the first episode, we've got two examples in episode three. The leg-service scene is only two pages in the manga with her legs being featured (her pinching her exposed thighs) on just two out of the 12 panels therein. The part where she strips to her bra and panties is a single page in the manga, but is drawn out to such a degree in the anime that the sequence where the dude pins her down while she's only in her undergarments screaming at her asking why he's a pervert, but the bear isn't was never in the manga to begin with. It's an obvious attempt to cater to that demographic and clashes heavily with the rest of whatever the show is trying to be.

People that come into this show not knowing scenes like that exist not expecting what I described earlier will likely find themselves feeling highly off put and uncomfortable. They'll be those parts they try to pretend don't exist. It certainly isn't just the manga in tone or overall feel. I wish I couldn't see the loli pandering as the obvious please buy the Blu-rays ploy that it clearly is. I'll be interested to see how well the first volume of this series winds up selling. Are the manga readers happy with it? Will the loli pandering pay off? Find out! As for me, I'm done. This show is clearly not for me.

anim episode lasts longer than it takes to read chapter of mang, the leg service scene

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

this ep was insane

Yeah, this show is great. I might actually pick the manga up down the road if it's been licensed.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Nico broadcasts keep pulling in 98% 5/5 votes for whatever that's worth.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yoshio gets karmic justice by getting owned by everyone

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

cruxlunacy
Feb 13, 2012

Xeiros posted:

the sequence where the dude pins her down while she's only in her undergarments screaming at her asking why he's a pervert, but the bear isn't was never in the manga to begin with
Minus pinning her to the ground,

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

cruxlunacy posted:

Minus pinning her to the ground,

Natsu is also neutered

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

Natsu is also neutered

he's also a bear

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A RIVAL APPEARS

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Davincie posted:

this ep was insane

https://jii.moe/E1skq-akZ.webm

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
that was by far the best part in this last episode.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Ha, she predicted Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Miss Monokuma??

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Ahh, to think I had to go almost a whole day before finding a good old fashioned ADTRW over-analyze-every-anime-into-creatively-bankrupt-pedophilia-due-to-self-loathing-over-liking-anime post. Does a body good to know some things never change.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Best girl sighted

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I've learned not to watch this show at work. Did they tone her down from the manga, at all? I remember her being kind of scary.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god. I expected a delinquent/sukeban character. I did not see a goofy version of Juri Han coming. :allears:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Did I watch an ad???

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
This show is crazy in a different way every week and I love it.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

El Burbo posted:

Did I watch an ad???

every anime

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Did I watch an ad???

the whole clothing segment was really boring and bizarre, what a lovely last half

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
That joke worked a lot better in the manga where it was, like, a single page. The comedic timing just fell apart

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Davincie posted:

the whole clothing segment was really boring and bizarre, what a lovely last half

I did crack up when the music started playing for the girls starting their shopping spree.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this episode was bad, and didn't really make me like Hibiki. hopeful for next week though!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hibiki acts like a bully and I don't like it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Hibiki bullies the Miko which is bad. When she bullies the cousin, it's good.

Edit: the music during the end of the shopping sequence sounded a bit like a bootleg version of The Power of Love
Compare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIgjWJSLOh0&t=1266s vs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teIjLbHOvZE&t=57s

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 25, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
What did I just watch.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

good show huh

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm now super curious and looking forward to watching the episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Xelkelvos posted:

Hibiki bullies the Miko which is bad. When she bullies the cousin, it's good.

Edit: the music during the end of the shopping sequence sounded a bit like a bootleg version of The Power of Love
Compare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIgjWJSLOh0&t=1266s

lol the beginning of that episode

• Locked thread