Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

will yoshio ever figure out what's in the box

he'll be played by brad pitt in the upcoming hollywood adaption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Too late, Yoshio's dead now. :rip:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

They still have pachinko parlors even way out in the boonies, huh

I guess all pensioners need something to spend their money on

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

I think she lives in the city and works at a Parlor. Not in the village.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

I think she lives in the city and works at a Parlor. Not in the village.

you say that like there is anything worth actually calling a city within driving distance

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

The Colonel posted:

will yoshio ever figure out what's in the box

It's flan.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I definitely didn't expect Yashio to be this show's cutest character.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

z0glin Warchief posted:

Well even out in the boonies, if there's a shopping center nearby, there's at least one pachinko parlor or mom&pop arcade with pachinko/slot machines.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
The Japanese version of Scared Straight involves a miko and a bear. :3:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Aku posted:

Well even out in the boonies, if there's a shopping center nearby, there's at least one pachinko parlor or mom&pop arcade with pachinko/slot machines.

I'm out in the lesser inaka of Ibaraki Prefecture, and I can at least confirm that of the 30+ rural towns I've either visited or passed nearby on various train lines, not one has lacked a Pachinko parlor within easy walking distance of the station.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Sanguinia posted:

I'm out in the lesser inaka of Ibaraki Prefecture, and I can at least confirm that of the 30+ rural towns I've either visited or passed nearby on various train lines, not one has lacked a Pachinko parlor within easy walking distance of the station.

Same here, but I was living in Fukuoka. Granted I lived in the city(next to Hakata Station), but I'd travel out to rural areas for tutoring jobs and there would always be either a pachinko parlor, or a small arcade with pachislots.

Japan loves their pseudo-gambling.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Huh, they shuffled their chapters. Guess they wanted to introduce Hibiki earlier.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Rose of Bear-sailles

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
All in all, a fun episode

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
There's some serious bear abuse going on in this anime.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
The bear's been kind of a jerk lately so I'm happy with this episode.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Yoshio has no respect for other people's personal space.

You'd think that he'd have learned how to take a punch after all of his time with Hibiki.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
If you think about it, Machi is just the Watamote MC but saved by living in the country side.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Poor Machi.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Zettace posted:

If you think about it, Machi is just the Watamote MC but saved by living in the country side.

And without the corrupting influence of the Internet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Command Ant posted:

And without the corrupting influence of the Internet.

They do have the internet, but Machi probably doesn't know how to use to too well. Or Natsu put the child blockers on.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Is there no episode this week, or just a delay?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It definitely aired in Japan (or at least the raw episode went online), so I guess it's being delayed for some reason

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Nothing can stop the Knorth, the absolute mad man

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Subs are out now!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Can finally post these.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Maximum level bad at technology.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Spoo out of loving nowhere.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Maximum level bad at technology.

I really didn't think anybody could beat Rin Tohsaka and the DVR, but we did it.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
They let the fire burn just so that Machi could make a determined pose in front of it.

Also, the return of Sexual Harassment!

Xelkelvos posted:

They do have the internet, but Machi probably doesn't know how to use to too well. Or Natsu put the child blockers on.

I think this episode proved you right.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
This series is actually an awareness campaign on the effects of negligent parenting on a child's psyche. Machi's mental age is seriously a couple of years behind.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Zettace posted:

This series is actually an awareness campaign on the effects of negligent parenting on a child's psyche. Machi's mental age is seriously a couple of years behind.

Negligent? If anything, Natsu is over-protective.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Zettace posted:

She's being raised by a single parent who is also a bear, have a little understanding

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

She's being raised by a single parent who is also a bear, have a little understanding

Fwiw, Natsu is pretty responsible as both a bear and a parent. I'd say he might even be smarter than the average parent.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Xelkelvos posted:

Fwiw, Natsu is pretty responsible as both a bear and a parent. I'd say he might even be smarter than the average parent.

At the very least, he's made sure Machi has never wanted for the bare necessities.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I'd admit Natsu is going a good job but he's more like an old sibling taking the role of care taker and you have to admit that that's bearly a good replacement for actual parents.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

unbearable

• Locked thread