Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

The Rolling Stones have announced they have started recording an album for release in 2016, their first since 2005. Sounds as though it will be a back to basics blues record. BBC article/interview here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35968182

Since there is no thread for The Rolling Stones chat, we can do that here. Dads can relive their flaming youth by telling us about seeing the Stones in concert and you youngsters can post all your Rolling Stones queries for the :corsair: to answer. Yep, :corsair: is going to come up a lot in this thread.

The Rolling Stones are an English rock band formed in 1962. They currently consist of Mick Jagger (vocals), Keith Richards (guitar), Ronnie Wood (guitar), Charlie Watts (drums) with extra musicians for tours. They have released about 29 studio albums (depends how you count them) and a whole load of compilations, live albums and concert films. All of the current members have recorded solo/side albums.

Rolling Stones discography:

* The Rolling Stones (1964, UK) / England's Newest Hit Makers (1964, US)
* 12 X 5 (1964, US)
* The Rolling Stones No. 2 (1965, UK) / The Rolling Stones, Now! (1965, US)
* Out of Our Heads (1965, UK) / Out of Our Heads (1965, US)
* December's Children (And Everybody's) (1965, US)
* Aftermath (1966, UK) / Aftermath (1966, US)
* Between the Buttons (1967, UK) / Between the Buttons (1967, US)
* Their Satanic Majesties Request (1967)
* Beggars Banquet (1968)
* Let It Bleed (1969)
* Sticky Fingers (1971)
* Exile on Main St. (1972)
* Goats Head Soup (1973)
* It's Only Rock 'n Roll (1974)
* Black and Blue (1976)
* Some Girls (1978)
* Emotional Rescue (1980)
* Tattoo You (1981)
* Undercover (1983)
* Dirty Work (1986)
* Steel Wheels (1989)
* Voodoo Lounge (1994)
* Bridges to Babylon (1997)
* A Bigger Bang (2005)
* as yet untitled album (2016(?))

Keith Richards discography:

* Talk is Cheap (1988)
* Main Offender (1992)
* Cross-Eyed Heart (2015)

Mick Jagger discography:

* She's the Boss (1985)
* Primitive Cool (1987)
* Wandering Spirit (1993)
* Goddess in the Doorway (2001)
* Superheavy (2011) as member of "Superheavy"

Ronnie Wood discography:

* I've Got My Own Album to Do (1974)
* Now Look (1975)
* Gimme Some Neck (1979)
* 1234 (1981)
* Slide on This (1992)
* Not for Beginners (2001)
* I Feel Like Playing (2010)

Mick Taylor discography:

* Mick Taylor (1979)
* A Stone's Throw (2000)

Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman have released various live recordings of them playing with their own bands. Brian Jones recorded the Master Musicians of Joujouka but made no solo records. Ian Stewart never recorded any solo material. All members have collaborated with various other groups.

[I'll add lists, links and more info to the OP over the coming weeks]

Josef K. Sourdust fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

I didn't hear Bridges to Babylon or Bigger Bang. Are either worth checking out? I did like a lot of the tracks at the beginning of Voodoo Lounge so I guess I was just not in CD-buying phases when those two came out.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Guess we know which way the Stones are voting this year (though I am not sure where they are domiciled for residency purposes).

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/04/rolling-stones-donald-trump-songs-campaign-events

Can they actually legally prevent Trump using this or is it just a courtesy thing (presuming Trump's campaign pay applicable broadcast/royalty fee)?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

So has anyone heard the new one? Os it any good?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Ok. I'll probably get a copy. Are they doing any shows to promote it?

• Locked thread