Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So, the Canadian Nutrition Society advises everybody that roughly half their plate of every meal should be filled with fruits and/or veggies.

My question is, if you get a second plate of food, do you have to fill it with veggies, too or do they just mean 1/2 a plate of fruits and veggies total?
I ask because last night I ate two entire large pizzas (16") but I also ate a whole Greek salad so I should be good, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There's tomatoes in the pizza sauce, so every bite has fruit in it so your good.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Is that a grilled avocado? That is abomination.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

notZaar posted:

They are Canadians, what more can you expect?

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

notZaar posted:

loving hell. It is.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Potatoes are a vegetable, so filling my plate half with french fries counts, right?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

Potatoes are a vegetable, so filling my plate half with french fries counts, right?

It should. That's what I do a lot of the time. Rice should also count.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Do fried mushrooms count? What about jalapeņo poppers? What if you're eating a chicken pot pie that's already got peas, carrots, and celery in it?

E; are all bets off if you're eating off of something other than a plate?

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 6, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also, "half your plate" is a measure of area coverage, not mass. Am I fulfilling the requirements by fanning out one really big leaf of lettuce so it covers half the plate?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
All of those vegetables are good. They are Multi Role Plate Superiority Vegetables, in that they fulfill multiple nutritional roles including dietary fiber, carbohydrates, protein and vitamins.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Follow up: do you actually have to eat the vegetables or just cover half your plate with them? The campaign doesn't really make that clear.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Hey look more misinformation about nutrition from the continent that brought you the Food Pyramid, whodathunkit

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Do I look like a Canadian to you? Go ask the people wearing socks with sandals.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

what if you get a plate that has vegetables drawn on half of it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Are mozzarella balls a "vegetable"? the picture on the website would seem to suggest they are.

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

How do you even grill avocado? I would think it would just slide through the grate and splat onto the coals. Even if the grill wasn't lit.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I put ketchup on everything including steak as its rich in tomatoes.

Also there is no loving way you ate 2x 16inch pizzas you fat bastard, unless you got like Andre the giant genetics going on.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

spud posted:

I put ketchup on everything including steak as its rich in tomatoes.

Also there is no loving way you ate 2x 16inch pizzas you fat bastard, unless you got like Andre the giant genetics going on.

Alright you got me there: my wife helped but I ate one entire pizza on my own and at least four slices of the second one.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
And she ate the salad.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Follow up: do you actually have to eat the vegetables or just cover half your plate with them? The campaign doesn't really make that clear.

Good question!

Canada, please answer, tia.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I think salad goes well with pizza because you need the fiber to stiffen up your stool. American pizza is mostly white flour dough and cheese, food that is especially poor in fiber. You'll get greasy low viscosity shits.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what kind of food should i eat? - canadians

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Paging Canadian Goons to the thread. You owe us some answers.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Paging Canadian Goons to the thread. You owe us some answers.

mumphrey is canadian i think

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dad gay. so what posted:

Poutine w/ketchup

(with half a plate of salad)

I'm not Canadian but I googled Canadian food for you.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

I don't know, adding a bunch of fruits and vegetables is going to make it pretty hard to drink my soylent

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lucky Guy posted:

I don't know, adding a bunch of fruits and vegetables is going to make it pretty hard to drink my soylent

Its ok if yoi drink soylent youre already a fruit

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I googled the Food Pyramid to see if it could shed any light on the subject, but now I'm even more confused!

How the hell am I supposed to read this? Without proportions these images are meaningless.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Applewhite posted:

I googled the Food Pyramid to see if it could shed any light on the subject, but now I'm even more confused!

How the hell am I supposed to read this? Without proportions these images are meaningless.

The key to being health is to eat lots of beans, milk, and bread

Vitamins and calories? Never heard of em

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Applewhite posted:

Good lord what happened to that man's torso?!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

that guy is going to be fat as poo poo if he eats all that loving food!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

dad gay. so what posted:

Well, it's only April, so it's still the middle of Canadian winter, and the root vegetables are running low, no doubt.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Just learn from Marilyn Manson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD0kqajoztk

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its called a side order of fries dumb rear end

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

In what insane world are beans in the same nutritional profile as meat?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

In what insane world are beans in the same nutritional profile as meat?

chili

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

google THIS posted:

How do you even grill avocado? I would think it would just slide through the grate and splat onto the coals. Even if the grill wasn't lit.
get one of these bad boys for REALISTIC GRILL MARKS on whatever the gently caress you want. want grill marks on apples? go for it. Grill marks on hard boiled eggs? go nuts!!!

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 6, 2016

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Applewhite posted:

So, I should just throw all my food on the floor and climb stairs? :confused:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

FlimFlam Imam posted:

So, I should just throw all my food on the floor and climb stairs? :confused:

To be fair that would probably be a good way to lose weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

Pawl posted:

The key to being health is to eat lots of beans, milk, and bread

Vitamins and calories? Never heard of em

Would you believe that Americans and/or Canadians eat so bad that following an overly simplistic campaign to get them to eat a greater variety of foods, particularly any loving vegetables at all, would be an improvement?

• Locked thread