Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

With Vulkan about to take off with Source 2 and UE4 Windows gaming will die and there will be no reason to not use OS X and/or Linux. I am glad to see MS's stranglehold on gaming die a slow painful death. If you aren't ready to leave MS for greener pastures after all the spyware and bad updates they have put in 8 and 10 you are crazy.

They are a company with no unified vision and it shows so very much in everything they make. Get on the Steve Jobs cock sucking train and accept things like good UI design, good integration with phones and tablets and all sorts of awesome things you didn't even know computers could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Microwaves Mom posted:

you get advertisements when you play solitare / minesweeper or use ms paint?

Solitaire has in app purchases and built in ads because it's the god drat future and having good programs built into the OS is forebidden

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Good thing about Windows, lots of poorly coded applications work really well and legacy stuff works well and that's it.

Good things about OS X, makes you more attractive and look more productive because you have a sweet sleek laptop or desktop, makes women/men find you irresistible, unified messaging from your sweet awesome superior cell phone so you can manage all the HB10s you will be pulling in. The list goes on forever for OS X

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Even Microsoft realized Windows was dead and ported Office to the web because they saw the writing on the wall. Nerds think they are power users because they used to run regedit and some spyware removal programs so they don't want to learn something new because they might not be "the guy who is good with computer" anymore

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

And let's be honest Cortana would look on your weed habit as shameful but Siri would call your dealer when you are out and get you the dankest kush

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

Siri, I don't like the look of this neighborhood...

siri is a gangster

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Seems like you've really "bought in" to Apple

Steve, Tim, and Jonny know best and if you think otherwise you are deluded into thinking you actually know anything about computers

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Fun fact, Apple doesn't track you and they take privacy more serious than any other tech company so maybe you should reevaluate what companies you support if you actually value privacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

paul_soccer10 posted:

apple only pretends to give a poo poo about privacy since the snowden revelations. if there was no scrutiny they'd be more than happy to cooperate with government backdoor requests. its just good PR

i think its more likely they want to get the lucrative government contracts which are currently controlled by 8 year old secure blackberries by showing that even the FBI can't get into a phone you make is a really good advertisement for your security.

• Locked thread