Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Windows 10, for lack of a better word, is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

Like, really consider for a second, that there's a person out there that looked at that post and went "yes, this is something people will want to read and think is humorous."

It's funny because, like all good jokes, it has an element of truth to it.

Applewhite posted:

Hurr durr baffle boffle Ads on my start menu? Yes please! I want to be kept up to date on the latest bargains! *farts so hard that poo poo comes out*

Wow, that's a thing that happens? It didn't happen to mine.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Boinks posted:

I'd love to try Apple out but they don't make skinny jeans big enough and I've never been in a Starbucks in my life.

There's no dress code for Apple products, friend.

Meowbot posted:

people who stay on windows 7 are idiots

oh no, a newer better operating system that does everything better and increases my productivity and enjoyment ofm y life is being given away to me for free, better uninstall it and hide inside of a rock like a scorpion in a yard except this time you have no tree to crawl into my open mouth at night and lay your scorfpion eggs mother fuckar

why not get windows 10? its like someone syaing want a blow job and ur like no im not interested in cool stufff

The Xbox One is also pretty cool, you guys! Try it out sometime with an open heart.

Rutibex posted:

just get open office, its free and exactly the same thing

No, it's slightly superficially different, maybe the same way Windows 10 is different from 7 or 8? My family members are all still pissed because I wouldn't magically make a free copy of Office appear on each of their computers and made OpenOffice appear instead.

loquacius posted:

Ok let me amend that, I don't understand how people under the age of 60 only use an iOS or Android tablet and don't use anything else

Uh, what do you need to do on a tablet that you can't on an iOS or Android tablet?

Bearing in mind that it's quite possible to jailbreak or root those, respectively, those if you're just not happy unless you're loving around with code and signing things and whatever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Robo Reagan posted:

seriously it doesnt matter what fukken phone u're using or what os you have there's a way for your government to track you and get whatever info about you they want

Word.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

If you buy into windows 10, though, you're saying to them that you're okay with that and that you are openly inviting them to do so in exchange for their free offer. I'm not.

You tell them where to draw the line, man. You tell them.

• Locked thread