Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Rogue 1 is cool because it is like the one reasonable prequel to Star Wars. The plot is just the opening crawl to A New Hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Making non-numbered Star Wars movies is so loving stupid. I'm not going to a theater to watch a Star Wars webisode.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

The Human Crouton posted:

Making non-numbered Star Wars movies is so loving stupid. I'm not going to a theater to watch a Star Wars webisode.

grrrrrrr! *shakes fist*

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Rogue 1 is cool because it is like the one reasonable prequel to Star Wars. The plot is just the opening crawl to A New Hope

Yeah, stuff like "The Clone Wars" and "The Old Republic" should have been kept offhand backstory that you fill in with your mind (with something way cooler than Lucas came up with). I mean you know how in Predator they're like "yeah it's just like back in Laos" or whatever that's just for flavor, to imply a larger setting with a history. No one wants to see a Predator-less prequel where they shoot people in Southeast asia.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
gently caress the Star Wars

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Sheen Sheen posted:

gently caress the Star Wars

Hit the road pal, this is a star wars thread

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

i dunno why someone would be mad about a movie having a female protagonist. it just means you get to stare at a pretty lady while all the star wars happens. nerds must be gay.

If anything I like female protagonists better because when they want to be tough they can be tough and when they want to be girly they can be girly. Male protagonists are only allowed to be tough and that's it.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
male protagonists can be goony tho

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

So Manny Bothans is no longer cannon?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Manuel_Both-Hanz

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Human Crouton posted:

actually it's not :confused:

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Wtf does minnie bothens mean?!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Spectral Debt posted:

it means you need to leave the star wars thread

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Spectral Debt posted:

It's a joke about the line Mon Mothma said about "Many bothans died to bring us this information"

except that line was about the Death Star 2, not the OG one

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

HJE-Cobra posted:

except that line was about the Death Star 2, not the OG one

looking forward to the next 8 months of repeatedly pushing up my glasses and explaining this to fake nerds making weak starwar jokes.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
how do you guys feel about women starring in movies?

is it ok?

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I like looking at women, I think there should be more of them in movies doing cool things

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

it makes the screwflies angry and sometimes results in compelling characters

i'm good with it

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Applewhite posted:

If anything I like female protagonists better because when they want to be tough they can be tough and when they want to be girly they can be girly. Male protagonists are only allowed to be tough and that's it.

I can't tell if this was meant as a joke, but yeah, the reason why main protagonists of slasher and horror films are more often female (the final girl), is due to audiences feeling disenfranchised whenever a male hero shows emotional duress or vulnerability. Not so much for a girl protagonist, who can believably cry in one scene and wield an axe in the next

je1 healthcare fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 8, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Star Wars: This time the Death Star's vulnerability is it blows if you flush and turn on the shower at the same time.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

je1 healthcare posted:

I can't tell if this was meant as a joke, but yeah, the reason why main protagonists of slasher and horror films are more often female (the final girl), is due to audiences feeling disenfranchised whenever a male hero shows emotional duress or vulnerability.

I wasn't joking.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

ROFLburger posted:

Hit the road pal, this is a star wars thread

Yes, and what better place to say Star Wars is Dumb and Gay and should have died 30 years ago after the OT?

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Sheen Sheen posted:

Yes, and what better place to say Star Wars is Dumb and Gay and should have died 30 years ago after the OT?

No your dumb and gay!!!!!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
How about that Darth Vader huh? He's pretty scary in Star Wars

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

FlimFlam Imam posted:

How about that Darth Vader huh? He's pretty scary in Star Wars

You know who would have made a scary Darth Vader? Max Von Sydow.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Let me tell you about Grand Admiral Thrawn.

He was blue.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pope Mobile posted:

Let me tell you about Grand Admiral Thrawn.

He was blue.

Yeah I noticed that in the front page article. I didn;t know the guy in white was meant to be Thrawn, I figured it was Tarkin.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
this new lady is a hottie bugatti

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Make Star Love not Star War.
Give Star Peace a chance, Star People.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I want to be excited after watching that teaser but I feel nothing.

I feel like Star Wars fatigue is already setting in.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

iSheep posted:

I want to be excited after watching that teaser but I feel nothing.

I feel like Star Wars fatigue is already setting in.

See I was the opposite. TFA had left me feeling kind of Star Wars fatigued, but now I'm feeling optimistic.

You might say this trailer has given me a new hope :smug:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
my favorite star war is chewbacca
maybe someday we'll get to see how his family on his home planet get on and how they celebrate life day

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Howard Beale posted:

my favorite star war is chewbacca
maybe someday we'll get to see how his family on his home planet get on and how they celebrate life day

Kyshyyk is destroyed and Chewbacca is dead.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Looks neat and all but lol seeing Forest Whitaker in space armor using his super serious voice just reminds me he was in Battlefield Earth.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Bush lied, many Bothans died

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Springfield Fatts posted:

Looks neat and all but lol seeing Forest Whitaker in space armor using his super serious voice just reminds me he was in Battlefield Earth.

Came here to say this.

This trailer doesn't look that good to me. It has a made-for-TV vibe or something that's hard to put my finger on? Like this should be on netflix or should be animated and on Disney XD, and not a feature film. This isn't something I'm interested in seeing at the theater, at least not based on this ad.

It could just be the Battlefield earth stench.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I like how empowerment for women is wearing ill fitting clothes and generally looking like poo poo.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

gender illusionist posted:

No your dumb and gay!!!!!

NO IM NOT :tizzy::tizzy::tizzy::tizzy:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

MariusLecter posted:

I like how empowerment for women is wearing ill fitting clothes and generally looking like poo poo.
what

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I despised ep 7 and this one looks rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

women can't fly military spaceships their muscle mass is like 50000% lower dontchaknow :argh:

• Locked thread