Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
Since I forgot to mention it:

The initiative order is just the order of how events will go. It's not a post turn order. Everybody can post their actions and such and they will all be resolved with the round, with any conflicts of interest being discussed as they pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

I would post a turn, but the map is just a big black box.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Maleketh posted:

I would post a turn, but the map is just a big black box.

Yeah, same on my end.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

VEL IS DUMB BUT THINGS SHOULD WORK NOW

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Actually, I think I'll hold off for now - I really need to know where monsters are going to be before I decide how to start blasting.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

No problem; just point out where in the turn order you'd like Keiji to go at, so long as it's within the round and later than his current position.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

No, no, I'm fine with my position in the initiative order. I just need to know where the monsters are going to be by that point. The living armor is the only monster acting before I do, but its position could still be important.

5-Headed Snake God fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 30, 2016

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Psiwri and JadeMage: Please have either a post or a vague description of intent for me by noon monday, the 2nd, CST, or I'll auto your turns for this round.

*I'm aware of real life stuff going on for both of you*

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

It is now JadeMage, Maleketh and Drakken's turn.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Ahaha, I have literally just posted. Good timing, mate!

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

So, uh, I took a look at the rules for Blasters again and I messed up my first turn. :shobon: Multitarget Boost doesn't actually grant a second attack when not used to make a burst - not sure where I was getting that in the first place. You want to fix the numbers for the first turn, Velyoukai, or keep everything as-is and move on?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

A. Groovy.

B. Feel free to keep things as is, Maleketh. I'm still learning/adjusting to Strike!, too, so I care more about us striking(Haha) a good narrative than focusing purely on every #'s aspect.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Daraken: The way summons work is that there is still only 1 Attack Action shared between the summoner and summon on the summoner's turn. So either the Earth Elemental did its At-Will (it doesn't have a basic attack), or Gareth did a basic attack or an At-will/Encounter. Lemme know which one of those you would prefer to do.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

Velyoukai posted:

Daraken: The way summons work is that there is still only 1 Attack Action shared between the summoner and summon on the summoner's turn. So either the Earth Elemental did its At-Will (it doesn't have a basic attack), or Gareth did a basic attack or an At-will/Encounter. Lemme know which one of those you would prefer to do.
Er, quoting from the Summoner section.

quote:

When you summon a creature, you gain access to its associated
At-Will Power. When you use an At-Will Power associated with
a summoned creature, you treat that creature as the origin of the
power. Summoned creatures have Basic Attacks, count as allies,
and can take advantage of Opportunities.
But anyways, that works for me. I'll drop Gareth's action and edit my post accordingly.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I missed that line about the Basic Attack entirely, so thanks for pointing it out.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

It is now Davin's turn.

Of note, if there is anything of Free actions that people want to do, but it isn't their turn, feel free to post them anyway. Free conversations fit better freely than bound by turn limits.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Hey Velyoukai, the Earth Elemental comes with Resist 1. Not sure if that'll block the Enflamed status from damaging it, but it definitely should have stopped the Living Armor from hurting it.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I am awash with mistakes and forgettings with these summons!

On the bright side, by the end of the game, we'll probably be masters at summoners.

(Thanks)

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

So uh, another thing.

Strike RPG pg 88 posted:

When you are granted an Opportunity, you may deal 2 damage to the enemy who granted it. This damage happens as an Interrupt, i.e. before the triggering action is resolved.
Since it's an interrupt and the sparks only have 1 HP, they died before they could even damage Vera right?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Correct, so long as they are taken.

*I assume you would take them, because why not, but wasn't going to automate it*

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

*Attacks you punks*

Which is to say: Of the three whose turns it is to post (JadeMage/Daraken/Maleketh), please have a post or explanation in by 3:00 pm tomorrow, 5/19 CST, or your turns will be automated/skipped.

Velyoukai fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 19, 2016

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Velyoukai posted:

Which is to say: Of the three whose turns it is to post (JadeMage/Daraken/Maleketh), please have a post or explanation in by 3:00 pm tomorrow, 5/19 CST, or your turns will be automated/skipped.

I... wish I'd seen this. I saw the original post but not the edit, and this is about the first chance I've had to post in the last three days. :saddowns:

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Sorry to hear that, Maleketh. Though on the bright side, Keiji did pretty good on his automated turn.

Trying to find a way for us all to keep in contact more, since I know I'm personally terrible at remembering to open IRChats.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Velyoukai posted:

Sorry to hear that, Maleketh. Though on the bright side, Keiji did pretty good on his automated turn.

Then it appears all I need to do to play the character well is never post. :v:

Velyoukai posted:

Trying to find a way for us all to keep in contact more, since I know I'm personally terrible at remembering to open IRChats.

I can't even remember the last time I used IRC, period.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I'd like the next set of posts by the end of Tuesday, May 24th, if possible.

In nicer news, I have made a nicer map for us! I'm also working on something like a pokedex, so await that, too.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

In my rush to post I chose a target prematurely, attacking the chalice instead of taking the obvious burst attack against the Sparks. Any complaints if I change that, Velyoukai? I'll keep the roll I made for the first hit if you want.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Feel free to aim for the Sparks instead if you'd like. You can roll for as many as you'd hit, so feel free to go fresh.

*Please don't roll 1's ;-; *

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Velyoukai posted:

Feel free to aim for the Sparks instead if you'd like. You can roll for as many as you'd hit, so feel free to go fresh.

Thanks for making my dumbness less of a problem.

Velyoukai posted:

*Please don't roll 1's ;-; *

Haha, no can do! :v:

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

If we don't get any contact or information about JadeMage, I'll figure out what to do with that position after we finish the tutorial here.

Davin, if you could also get your post in, I'll be updating as soon as I have it, or tomorrow afternoon, whichever comes first.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

So, how is everybody doing? Enjoying Memorial Day?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Daraken posted:

So, how is everybody doing? Enjoying Memorial Day?

I went to work.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I also went to work. Twice in 24 hours, haha *rage*

It was a good, relaxing celebratory weekend though. How was it for y'all?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

For the situation here, everybody may talk to Queen Remelia + Annankos independent of timing. Assume all conversations with NPCs are within their own scope, like multiple players talking to the same quest giver in a game. Everybody should get their own line of questioning/desires through for this part.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

For Psiwri and Maleketh: Please have either a post or a response by Sunday the 12th, noonish.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

*Obligatory attack on people before passing out* Posts/questions before Tuesday the 21st's 8:00 am CST, please.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

For the most part, unless anybody has a direct question to ask Annankos or Queen Remelia, I'll be finishing up the current conversations and we will be moving onto the next phase.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Daraken, you've received a PM for advancing the main story.

For everybody: Feel free to do some light socialing around the town of Haransei, buying supplies, relaxing, chatting, etc, if you wish.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Update:

Prince Gareth currently has the option of choosing how to proceed with the journey, whether it is to faithfully investigate the meteor or aim elsewhere first. As such, he has chosen to share his thoughts with his retainers+Myga in order to get their opinions on the matter. (Feel free to c/p anything from the PM, Daraken)

Option A: Investigate the Meteor - The official mission -and- Annankos' prophecy was focused on the meteor and Queen Remelia herself has impressed upon Franc its crucial nature to Haransei's future. While the silence from the Village of Ni is disconcerting, as the last time that happened, Keiji's home village was destroyed, Queen Remelia did assign it to Princess Vera, who will probably bring along her own cadre of capables to figure out what's wrong. As for the dark clouds in the east and the Tzenker Peaks that Myga hails from, well, doubtlessly Annankos already has a plan in mind for that, right? After all, she's known about that for at least a week, if not more, and she just had her prophecy about the meteor not even two days ago!

Option B: Investigate the Village of Ni - There's something about the bizarre and sudden loss of communications between Ni and the Kingdom that just doesn't sit right. Queen Remelia even admitted that it's happened before with Keiji's own home, and the fate of that village was complete destruction and not a single corpse to be found afterwards. Not even the soldiers'. In the face of the possible disappearance, if not worse, of loyal Haransein people, is investigating a giant falling rock from the heavens really that important? Not to mention, this event was enough to trouble Queen Remelia, renowned for her stoic response to the face of calamity, and Princess Vera was the one assigned to investigate it? The meteor is vital to Haransei's future, sure enough, but is a Haransei where its people and families are lost a Haransei really worth securing a future for?

Option C: Investigate Tzenker Peaks - Annankos tried to hide it well, but there was no mistaking the genuine distress, horror and hate in her eyes when she spoke of the bleak fate of Myga's people and their home in the Tzenker Peaks. Normally already vicious monsters becoming distorted and twisted by what Annankos confirmed was forbidden magic, seeking out and attacking other creatures that were their allies? The meteor may hold Haransei's future in hand, but what good can a rock that fell from the heavens do against the world itself should this be a prelude to an even worse event than the Scouring? Vera will be able to handle the village of Ni, and the meteor won't be going anywhere; the most important thing is to make sure no great evil is surging to assault Haransei from its unsuspecting east.

Everybody, assume that you're either in the Hoverune or in an inn room for discussing this. If you want, you can do so ICly in the IC thread, or you can just discuss it here.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Personally I'm leaning towards Option A, though Option C is also interesting. What do you guys think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I say either A (the mission we're getting paid for, and what the Queen told Franc to focus on) or B (there's always a profit to be made in finding your customers...although usually the customers aren't literally disappeared).

• Locked thread