Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:siren: Please read this whole OP :siren:

The Mall

:siren:Co Mod- Podima:siren:

Podima will be helping with votecounts and stuff.
Please worship and praise him for his selfless sacrifice.

Welcome to El Dorado 3 - A Role Madness Mafia Game for 21 players

In continuing my Line of El Dorado games I bring you Destruction in the Wastes.

A thousand years into the future after a devastating war that ended with the dropping of the largest Atomic Bomb ever created on the United States and escalated to every nuke in the world being launched at various nations until the world was nothing but a mass of radiation and devastation things were slowly returning. The small pockets of humanity still left were struggling and running out of food quickly. A small patch of land near a desert , a Town once called El Dorado, famous for its bloody and violent history, was taken over by a small group of refugees looking for a place to call home. Over time El Dorado became the shining jewel of the wastes with laws and a group of dedicated lawmen keeping things peaceful. One day though, a townsperson found schematics for an underground bunker, once equipped with working hydroponic growing equipment, a full compliment of seed for food that had not been seen in hundreds of years, and enough pre war technology to make El Dorado rich beyond its wildest dreams. Possibly enough to save humanity from slowly dying.

Once word got out treasure hunters from everywhere came to El Dorado to find the fabled sealed bunker out in the wastes.

Be warned, there are also people who want to control the bunker for themselves and use it to rule over all other humans with an iron fist.

Progress (town) or Status Quo (scum), which side will you be on?

My El Dorado games in the past have all shared one common mechanic, Different locations that can be searched at night in an attempt to find some kind of treasure as part of winning the game.

This version is no different but I have done a major overhaul to how it all works and given it a little more depth, but still tried to keep things as simple as possible.

There are 8 total locations.

The Gates:

The Gates that lead out to the wastelands are under near constant attack by mutants. The main police force of El Dorado are primarily stationed here and fend off the assaults regularly.

This location gives bonuses to Attacking.

Downtown

Downtown is the main hub of El Dorado where most of its citizens live. It is usually much too hot during the day so most citizens have taken to a nocturnal lifestyle.

This location gives bonuses to defense.

The Burbs

Some citizens also live here, the most notable feature is that this is where the closest thing to a hospital the town has is located.

This location heals a small amount if the night is spent here and no other action is performed. This may be done until half of the players HP are restored, after which it has no effect.

The Dam

This dam is no longer operational for power but it does have a large reservoir of water, although it is irradiated, without this water El Dorado would have been taken by the wastes long ago.

This location has no additional effect, but has items that cannot be found anywhere else while searching.

The Mall

Located just next to downtown this is where all traders set up and the general store is located. Items may be purchased here (I will discuss how that works later) but there is no additional effect.

The Pods

These are life support pods that were built to withstand nuclear blasts, it turns out, they didn't last. But they did turn out to be an excellent place to house all the new treasure hunters in El Dorado.

This location gives a bonus to stealth as there are many empty pods and small alleyways to hide in.

The Warehouse

This is a makeshift facility that the El Dorado "government" uses to train police and store weapons.

This location gives no bonuses and is off limits to the public, only consider going here if you are confident in your stealth abilities or you risk going to jail.

There are very powerful weapons to be had here if one is stealthy enough.

Jail

This is where prisoners are housed. There is no way to access this location unless you are specifically told you are able to, OR you are arrested.

If you are arrested you will be placed in this location every night and your attack stat will be reduced to 1 (while here) and all items and money confiscated.

You will remain here each night until your sentence is finished.

There is no extra benefits to being here and you may not search while here.

The Wastes

This is the big one, a vast wasteland of irradiated desert filled with mutants and rival treasure hunters. The bunker can only be found while searching in this location.

The Bunker is unable to be found until night 3 but there will be a varied array of things that can happen here while searching ranging from finding a cache of pre war tech or some rabid mutant coyotes that hurt you and many many more situations. It is very dangerous and is likely to be a hotbed of activity.

Location Special Mechanics

Each night you choose a location to be in, if you do not pick a location by the end of the night you are assumed to have stayed in the pods and done no actions.

In each location I will send each player a list of other people they see at their location, this will be determined by comparing their perception stat with everyone else's stealth stat.

after you get this list you can choose your action for the night.

The following is a list of actions that ANYONE can do each night, you may only do one thing each night though, including your own personal abilities.

Attack Choose a player, your attack stat will be compared to their defense stat and this will determine damage dealt.

Search If you search, based on your perception stat, you have a chance of finding an encounter or item or money, or starting day 3 in the wastes, The Bunker itself.

Rest This action will allow you to rest and regain a single HP, if you rest in some locations you may be surprised by mutants and damaged instead.

:siren: Status Quo will have a full factional nightkill that actually kills instead of dealing damage, thus they may not take the attack action :siren:

Their attack stat will be useful in other situations.

:siren: You may only use actions on players at your location, that you can see unless otherwise stated in your abilities description. :siren:

Each player will have four stats and a designation

Designations describe what you are and are comprised as Gang, Solo, and Duo.

Gangs tend to either be strongest in Attack or Perception, Duos tend to be stronger in defense, and Solos tend to be stronger in Stealth.

A(ttack)

D(efense)

S(tealth)

P(erception)

These stats will range from 1 - 5 with a couple notable exceptions (which will be found out in specific role pms)

No stat can be lower than one and none higher than 5 (again, a couple of exceptions)

Most players will start with a 1 , a 2, a 3, and a 4.

Stats can be increased through encounters and items. Encounters may also decrease them.

Items and money

During the game as you search you will gather money, you may go to the mall to spend that money at night if you go to that location.

Each night in the second post I will display the contents of the general store and their cost, and each night a new trader will set up with different items.

Items are first come first serve so if you want something you better get it fast once night starts.

I will ignore any PM requesting to save an item ahead of time. If you want it bad, be there right at deadline.

Health and dying

Each and every player will start with 10HP with no exceptions. When your HP is reduced to 0 you will die, all players that die during the day will be flipped with the lynch at the end of the day.

Other than that, it is mafia as usual.

:siren:Standard Mafia Rules Apply:siren:

The game will end in one of two ways.

A. The normal mafia win conditions (Eliminating all scum/controlling the vote etc..)

B, The first person to find the bunker will win the game for their faction, or themselves if they are self aligned.

These win conditions will also be reiterated in each persons role pm

That said PM me with any questions.

1. Azuth0667
  2. CCKeane
  3. chaoslord
  4. Flying Leatherman
  5. GulagDolls
  6. imgay
  7. Infinitum
  8. JakeP
  9. Jimson
  10. Kashuno
  11. Kumbamontu
  12. Max
  13. Murmur Twin
  14. Puntification
  15. Rarity
  16. Rurea
  17. TMMadman
  18. VivaNova
  19. Your Personal Muse

Dead:
MG3
Ghastly Gangsta

Players new and old are all welcome!

New players be warned that this will be an advanced game where everyone has powers, please ask any questions you may have and I will be happy to help

El Dorado 1
El Dorado 2

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The Mall

Welcome to the mall, let me explain how money works 'round these parts.

:siren: Buying an item does not count as an action, but you must be at the mall to do it:siren:

Each player will start with goods worth 1 Barter (Yes this is a shameless Apocalypse World Ripoff)

Tonight when the mall opens this second post will be changed to include the wandering trader for the night's goods as well as the general store.

You may give barter away to any player you can see at your location at night, to do so , PM me and I will get the barter where it's going.

These items are available only during the night, and only if you are at the mall.

General Store
Advanced Stim drugs - Gain a bonus of +2 to P and A for one night, 2 Barter - 5 in stock
Advanced medkit - Heal 4 HP per use (one use at a time, 3 uses total) - 3 Barter - 5 In Stock

Military Surplus Trader
Camo Uniform - Add 1 to Stealth - 2 Uses Total - 2 Barter - 2 in stock
Military Explosives - As a night action, throw these at a player you can see to do 6 damage to them and 1 to everyone else in the same area - 1 Use - 3 Barter - 1 in stock

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 17, 2016

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll play but I refuse to read the rules and I shall pretend I am a confused old man the entire time.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I have a busy weekend planned so if it starts straight away don't expect me to do much until sunday (where I will moan about feeling wrecked and not play much mafia) but I want in.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, I will play this game.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I will break my big game rule for this.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully inappropriate thread tag

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

Hopefully inappropriate thread tag

I always forget to pick a tag.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

I always forget to pick a tag.

If you care, you can PM a Games mod to fix it. (Not a signup post.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh god, my mafia games are spiralling but I can't resist :ohdear:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm down to clown

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Infinitum posted:

I'm down to clown

I'm in, because apparently I have this propensity for following you around.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't swing that way mate, but it's cute you're interested. :wink:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
EL DORADO

EL DORADO

EL DORAAAAAAAAAADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Maybe I'll read the op but I'm in the game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Turbo Kash D1.

Get.
Hype.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

Turbo Kash D1.

Can we just include this in the Standard Mafia Rules?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Turbo Kash D1.

Get.
Hype.

Do it it keeps being the wrong choice anyway :smuggo:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna rp one of the guys from the movie el dorado in this game

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I would like in!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It is an outrage that this is not full yet!!!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

:yeah:

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Kumbamontu posted:

Doing my part to rectify this travesty!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
seriously i have the house to myself this weekend I would like to yell at people please thank you

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Still upset that Hal found the treasure instead of me in the last one :colbert: Guess I better try again

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i'll play but I am going to attack people every night regardless of my alignment

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'll play but I will TRICK everybody regardless of alignment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

I'll play but I will TRICK everybody regardless of alignment.

You can't trick a trickster, bud

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
you can attack one though

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
to demonstrate this regardless of my stats or alignment, i will attack rarity night 1 of this game, even if we are scum together, or even if im super defense man or findy guy

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

You can't trick a trickster, bud

And who says that...but tricksters...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's been a while. I'd like to play :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JakeP posted:

to demonstrate this regardless of my stats or alignment, i will attack rarity night 1 of this game, even if we are scum together, or even if im super defense man or findy guy

I do believe you just fell for my trick :smug:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

And you've fallen for my trick.

The plot thickens.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

The plot trickens.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I am gonna trip up the tricksters hth

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

I am gonna trip up the tricksters hth

same

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Go ahead, I've got a double agent working in your anti trickster club.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i was in the first two so here i am again

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress you whatever sign me up

• Locked thread