Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I thought it was to Saturn and not Mars, OP? Maybe your parents should have paid the geneticist more to give you better brain think meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Professor Shark posted:

I watched this movie as part of a English class during my undergrad and my professor couldn't figure out why Jude Law's character gave Ethan Hawke a lock of hair to bring up into space and I sort of looked at her and wondered what credentials she had faked to get into her position

I explained what I thought it meant (Jude Law's character was going to be an A+ #1 Astronaut but then broke his back irrc?) and that was his way of "making it", and after class a bunch of people told me they hadn't understood it either and thanked me, it was all sort of bewildering

Huh? I thought Jude's character was just some Olympic quality swimmer. He never wanted to go to space. I wonder what credentials you faked to get your job (I bet none, but guess that your degree was from University of Phoenix Online).

• Locked thread