Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
It's a shame this goons release from a Syrian prison is clouded by the fact he was erroneously reported as deceased years ago by another goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
seriously tho he belongs in a mental facility

i cant believe he survived that torture/death prison lol what

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm happy.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

hemophilia posted:

List of goons who shot at Gaddafi loyalists and survived what is curremtly one of the worlds worst prisons/death camps while being an unmedicated lunatic: one. none of yall or me would have survived any of it.

ok. and it's quite easy to believe that he would have been killed, but to me, if i said that guy was dead, and in fact he was probably tortured for years and survived, it might weigh heavily on me

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
This is unexpected

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

look up the atlantic council dumbass

who?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

mythadile posted:

It's a shame this goons release from a Syrian prison is clouded by the fact he was erroneously reported as deceased years ago by another goon.

Bm said he was in a certain death syrian torture prison, which it looks like was true. He just didnt mwntion thst americans are usually more valuable alive than dead

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Who cares if Brown Moses made the assumption he was dead. We all made that assumption. This is a non-issue.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Brown Moses posted:

Here's a long GQ piece about him for the background
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/syria-isis-kevin-dawes

holy lmao

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Linux Pirate posted:

Who cares if Brown Moses made the assumption he was dead. We all made that assumption. This is a non-issue.

We made that assumption because Brown Moses browsed wikipedia and then reported that as a source.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

Make SA great again, Caro.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

look up the atlantic council dumbass

Who cares if a fake journalist works with a think tank? Think tanks will take anyone who is capable of even mediocre research.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
i sincerely wish him the best and hope, for his own sake, he never ever comes back here

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Triticum Guzzler posted:

ok. and it's quite easy to believe that he would have been killed, but to me, if i said that guy was dead, and in fact he was probably tortured for years and survived, it might weigh heavily on me
Why?

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

I think most non-sociopaths would feel bad about contributing to the suffering of another human being.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
this rules, leibniz was right we live in the best of all possible worlds

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Bernice Anders posted:

We made that assumption because Brown Moses browsed wikipedia and then reported that as a source.

Even without BM we would of made that assumption. Soft mentally ill American kid goes into notorious Syrian torture prison = dead. It's not a stretch.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Hey so I just got a couple rolls of 5.56 film for my semiautomatic armalite telephoto camera.... anybody wanna hit the photography range later?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bernice Anders posted:

I think most non-sociopaths would feel bad about contributing to the suffering of another human being.
You're assuming that claiming that someone is probably dead somehow contributed to their suffering.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
yeah BM really has egg on his face for suggesting that a guy housed in a syrian torture prison without acknowledgement for years could have been executed

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Reverse gas chamber challenge completed

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Linux Pirate posted:

Even without BM we would of made that assumption. Soft mentally ill American kid goes into notorious Syrian torture prison = dead. It's not a stretch.

Eh if it was some white guy id say he was more likely to get kept and sold to the us for concessions

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Caro 2016

Make SA great again!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

Bm said he was in a certain death syrian torture prison, which it looks like was true. He just didnt mwntion thst americans are usually more valuable alive than dead

Specifically, branch 215 of Syrian military intelligence, known for torturing people to death. Also, the last thing Brown Moses had learned was from someone released from there that said an American who could be Caro was begging for death. The Magic 8-Ball said "Outlook not so good".

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Holy poo poo caro is alive? Someone get his reaction to that cyoa comic hes in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mange Mite posted:

Eh if it was some white guy id say he was more likely to get kept and sold to the us for concessions

Caro ain't white

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bill Barber posted:

You're assuming that claiming that someone is probably dead somehow contributed to their suffering.

Especially since nobody knew what happened to him

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

i am glad of it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Caro ain't white

I know which is why we assumed he would be killed

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
honour our hero

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Mods...

KNEW

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
obama was going to go save caro but then he read something awful and brown moses said he was dead, so he didn't

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Other Barry posted:

obama was going to go save caro but then he read something awful and brown moses said he was dead, so he didn't
hosed up if true.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot
If I was Caro's family I'd be pretty upset that a fake wikipedia journalist told me my relative was dead so he could get internet cred on a dying comedy forum and unpaid speaking positions at an inconsequential think tank.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Linux Pirate posted:

"Caro's alive?"

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

Young Freud posted:

Specifically, branch 215 of Syrian military intelligence, known for torturing people to death. Also, the last thing Brown Moses had learned was from someone released from there that said an American who could be Caro was begging for death. The Magic 8-Ball said "Outlook not so good".

So what your saying is something that might be true, something that is probably true, isn't necessarily true? You'll never be an Open Source Investigator with that attitude.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
admins please wordfilter "goku" to "caro"

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Wow that sure is some freelance photography there...

he's a freelancer in the original, medieval sense :black101:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bernice Anders posted:

If I was Caro's family I'd be pretty upset that a fake wikipedia journalist told me my relative was dead so he could get internet cred on a dying comedy forum and unpaid speaking positions at an inconsequential think tank.
I'd be overjoyed that my loved one was actually alive, and not dead like literally everyone already assumed, but I guess that's just me.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Young Freud posted:

He could have just not said anything without having any real knowledge to back it up, but then again it IS Brown Moses were talking about so that would never happen lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I mean there's lots and lots of reasons to question brown moses' journalistic integrity that have nothing to do with assuming that a twerpy schizo was probably gonna die because he was locked up in a death camp y'know?

• Locked thread