Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

How do you gain points for silver/gold in the missions? I've been running a few solo, and I always end up with bronze/barely silver, and this is while basically never dying, and actively seeking out all caches of bonus points around the map.

Games pretty fun so far! Spider lady is a lot of fun, although she is giving me flashbacks to Tiny Tina from Borderlands....

We got gold with a team of pubbies. The difference from normal games that I could see was that someone played a mushroom and healed - its night and day. Also someone (don't know who's skill it is) was dropping shield on me while I meleed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
Having support can really help quite a lot in story modes. Especially supports who can do good damage like Miko, Ambra, Reyna, Kleese.

Miko = Health Support
Ambra = Life Steal/Health Support
Reyna = Shield Support
Kleese = Shield Support

They all still do plenty of damage as well. If you throw an ISIC, Ghalt, Montana, Shane & Aurox, or Montana (these are kinda tanks) then you'll be a lot better off with defense maps because you can bodyblock and tank quite a bit.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Broken Cog posted:

How do you gain points for silver/gold in the missions? I've been running a few solo, and I always end up with bronze/barely silver, and this is while basically never dying, and actively seeking out all caches of bonus points around the map.

Games pretty fun so far! Spider lady is a lot of fun, although she is giving me flashbacks to Tiny Tina from Borderlands....

Intentional since Ashly Burch is doing the exact same voice for her that she did for Tina. :v:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Been doing really well as Miko in matches, actually been winning a majority of 1v1s when the pubbies hang me out to dry but it's very rough going against melee types.

Melee type heroes seem a bit too strong tbh, I've been getting some amazing results with Rath.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow this game is dead on arrival with reviews like that

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Black Baby Goku posted:

Wow this game is dead on arrival with reviews like that

What are you even referring to?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Victorkm posted:

What are you even referring to?

Don't engage BBG.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Did a bunch of missions with goons. Really fun, and we got gold on nearly every single one, so it seems that going with a group is the way to go if you want a good score.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Lots of people just playing as Oscar Mike, had a story mission with 3 of them and me as Orenda, reminds me of the days of Borderlands 1 where many a public match would have 3 Rolands in it.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

7.3 is pretty respectable coming from the poo poo shack that is IGN

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm having fun with it so far, the combat is pretty fast paced and frantic, the waiting time between matches are my only complaint as they can be fairly lengthy, especially for story missions.

Ferrett
Sep 6, 2000

I'll be starting this tonight on ps4 if anyone wants a teammate, psn: Clownballoon

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I have to admit as someone who generally hates all things moba this looks super fun. I've been looking for something new and creative (seriously love some of the character designs in this) so I might grab it soon on PS4 as long as it doesn't collapse on launch day and so far it seems well received. Should it have legs for someone like myself with no interest in the hardcore aspects of these games?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

As someone who has played no MOBAs seriously in the past, this is pretty fun so far.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

I am having A Blast With This and wanna throw my PSN into the ring for games times: Sozzymandias.

Almosthere
Mar 9, 2006
http://orcz.com/Battleborn:_Shift_Codes#Bookmark_Here 3x Gold Skins if you haven't checked yet.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Isic is kind of ridiculously strong in PvE, since you don't need to move as quickly as in PvP, which means you can just stay in Siege mode permanently. When you hit level 10 and gain the "fire missiles at everything you hit with an orb" mutation, the siege mode damage gets insane. Highly recommended if you're having trouble keeping up with damage for a mission (for example The Saboteur).

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 4, 2016

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Nerf Phoebe/Rath :colbert:

Had a fun time tonight, played about 5 matches, 3 we just got rolled, 2 were close and REALLY fun.

I hate when someone takes Miko and doesn't know how to heal.

EDIT:
Rather, they play Miko like he's the medic in TF2 and don't kill minions and attack players when it's the correct time to do so.

Loving Life Partner fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 4, 2016

Almosthere
Mar 9, 2006
I confess to not being adept at Miko. I try every now and again but certainly not my forte. Any tips to doing it right? Wouldn't mind some insight from someone with more success.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Some hot tips that have helped me:

HEAL THYSLELF is the most important helix you get.

You should be throwing your bomb basically every time it's up, either at a group of enemies or a player.

Spec your bomb to stun on direct hit instead of slowing, when Rath or Phoebe is all up in your poo poo, you'll be grateful for it.

If the teammates near you aren't actively taking damage or near dead, don't be healing, be flinging knives at minions and towers, you need to level up!

Miko is small! Use this to your advantage by hiding behind minions, turrets, and your own team as much as possible, it's infuriatingly effective, especially if you tilt someone into over pursuing and they get rocked by your team (which is easy to do).

Your right click heals are more effective when your Q is active, so if Montana or someone is near dead, pop Q even if you're not damaged to keep them up, it will keep you alive longer too in the long run.

Probably the biggest thing is to know when to heal and know when to damage in player fights, Miko does a very respectable amount of damage in his own right, he's not just a pocket healer, knowing when to bomb the players your fighting or even leaving your team member unhealed while you fling your knives can mean the difference between a triple kill assist and just being ground down

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

that was their pre-release review. the guy didn't even play the multiplayer.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Game cock teased me so hard.

I never got around to unlocking Mellka in the beta, so the prologue was the first time I got to play her. It was instant love. Holy poo poo is she fun as hell and exactly my playstyle. I was beginning to worry that the game was gonna suck for me because I'd never try any other characters ever again.

Then the prolgue ended and she wasn't actually playable. :(

Oh well. Back to Miko, who was my favorite during the beta.

This is all very true.

Anybody want to play with me I'm Asphyxious on the PS4.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Martout posted:

Melee type heroes seem a bit too strong tbh, I've been getting some amazing results with Rath.

Melee's super good, even for non-melee heroes. Your off-hand basic melee attack does surprising damage and, more importantly, has knockback.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

What's the FPS like split screen on the ps4?

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Just had my first experience with the new pro-strat for marquis on incursion. Turns out that on the map overgrowth, I believe it's called, marquis can stand on the door frame of the side passageway by the his teams middle sentry, and shoot at the other teams sentry and take it out really early in the game as it is hard to get to him with all his teammates, minions and turrets protecting him. Maybe if I had been playing with a real team we could have easily pushed them back enough that he would have to step down from there, but when you're playing alone with pubbies it's almost a guarantee that he'll take out your first sentry and the momentum just never recovered for us.

Do we have a spreadsheet for ps4 goons yet? I sent some people friend requests who posted in this thread, but hit me up if you want to battle my psn is VforVegans

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

This game is really fun and throwing Boldur's exploding axe into the back of a fleeing enemy feels great. However, they really need to change the way matchmaking works, at least on PC. It would take me anywhere between 5-15 minutes to get a match going before I changed my steam download settings to New York instead of Montreal, but surely they can't have made it so the game only matches you with people from your specific area?

Almosthere
Mar 9, 2006
Thanks for the Miko tips. Exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully I'll be a little better next time I try. Been swapping my Montana build to all heat anyone know if the piercing mutation for icicles is a waste in this situation? Had been using that prior. I'll be playing a lot est on ps4. Dafuznmehed if you want to join. Would be rad to beat the story mode since pub doesn't seem to unlock the missions for private. Time for some much needed sleep.

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
It also tries to match you based on skill at the moment, so ideally you won't be matched with some crazy rank 100 dude when you're rank 5.

If you're considering trying the game, chances are there's a character that'll fit most people's play style. Every character plays pretty differently, unlocking them takes a little bit of time but you might find out you really like a character you didn't expect to. I haaated how ISIC looked but he's super fun to play.

They're aware of the Marquis thing on the Incursion mode, it'll be fixed soon I'm sure. It's not a super quick process to patch stuff like that across 3 platforms and through 3 third party systems, they can hotfix balance and statistic stuff server-side without having to download anything, but art and level changes is another story unfortunately. Either way GBX is staying on top of it, and is pretty active about player feedback and poo poo.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Game is balanced for coop, so surely with 4 players you can do the mission in half the time or less, and maybe the time to do the mission gives a big bonus score.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

rydiafan posted:

Melee's super good, even for non-melee heroes. Your off-hand basic melee attack does surprising damage and, more importantly, has knockback.

And that same basic melee attack is the counter for melee character. Slap them for the knockback if you are a ranged crystal cannon, so you have a better chance to run away.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Anytime someone wants Battleborn fun, just add JudgeTesla on PS4 for many fun shooty times!

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
There's a lot of characters I haven't seen yet this early, but so far Rath seems insanely good, Level 5 abilities tend to be really strong, but his in particular seems to be the biggest DEAL WITH OR DIE button, and especially considering his shockwave can silence before he fires it, he can feel pretty unstoppable 1v1. Not to mention how great it feels to sneak up behind a poor Montana (I say poor because he actually has the tools to stop the whirlstorm) and his pocket healer and utterly murder them both in seconds. I'm not sure I'd call him broken, but my performance with him compared to everyone else I've tried so far is insane. There just doesn't seem to be a better kill securer than that whirlwind attack so far, though I'll chalk it up to people not being ready to deal with him yet.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

ZoninSilver posted:

There's a lot of characters I haven't seen yet this early, but so far Rath seems insanely good, Level 5 abilities tend to be really strong, but his in particular seems to be the biggest DEAL WITH OR DIE button, and especially considering his shockwave can silence before he fires it, he can feel pretty unstoppable 1v1. Not to mention how great it feels to sneak up behind a poor Montana (I say poor because he actually has the tools to stop the whirlstorm) and his pocket healer and utterly murder them both in seconds. I'm not sure I'd call him broken, but my performance with him compared to everyone else I've tried so far is insane. There just doesn't seem to be a better kill securer than that whirlwind attack so far, though I'll chalk it up to people not being ready to deal with him yet.

Rath is easily the most annoying person to have to deal with so far, I tend to play Oscar Mike more than anyone else, so at least I can juke with Stealth nine times out of ten.

Speaking of, if anyone wants to play some video games on PC, hit me up. My steam is Kaldaris as well.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I'm Victorkm on Steam for Multiplayer. I prefer PVE though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

ZoninSilver posted:

I'm having a good time with Orenda and Caldarius so far, with Orenda I tend to stay at the back and use my Shadowflame Pillars to nuke clusters of mobs, this is great for shutting down AI enemies in Incursion mode but not so great for any human player with eyes.

Caldarius meanwhile is pretty great, his Flashbangs are pretty good at disorientating stuff and the Jetpack slam super attack is very good for groups of things or scattering human opponents, trouble is you'll be a prime target for focus fire since everyone will attack the guy who looks exactly like a Gundam mech. :v:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Watched Troll play this a fair bit last night. Sorta interested. Someone earlier had asked if it controls similar to Borderlands. I'm curious if it does.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

Watched Troll play this a fair bit last night. Sorta interested. Someone earlier had asked if it controls similar to Borderlands. I'm curious if it does.

If you've played any Borderlands game then you'll feel right at home here, the controls feel almost identical to Borderlands 2 and the Pre Sequel.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

I just bought this last night for PC but didn't get to play it. I kind of impulse bought it wanting to get in on the ground floor of something.

I'm satcore on steam if anyone wants to play tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Judge Tesla posted:

If you've played any Borderlands game then you'll feel right at home here, the controls feel almost identical to Borderlands 2 and the Pre Sequel.

Ok, then I get to skip this game :shobon: Never liked floaty feel of the Borderlands games. It is a fun game to watch someone else play though.

• Locked thread