Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
You'd betteer drive your dirty Datsun into the Gulf of Mexico, OP.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

The west should be "Boring idiot assholes who smoke weed".

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
omg you want no part of Louisiana, trust me

go to Denver

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Do what 3O does, suck some rich dudes dick and move in with him. Problem solved and you can keep your 3k. Better yet suck 3O's dick and we can start a referral service.

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 9, 2016

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

71751291516 posted:

$3,000. I also have a credit card with 0% APR so I can put any expenses other than rent on that until I have a steady place to live.

This is not a lot of money. I am moving one state over and I have saved $7000, already paid the moving company the 2+K to move my stuff and my wife is already working where we are moving. Additionally, my wife has a labor board settlement of about $5K coming in about two months.

Rethink your choices OP, seriously.

EDIT: Also wtf Louisiana. Really?

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I too think the OP is real and being serious.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
very carefully hth

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hi OP I'm the Forum Wallet Inspector, I'd like to inspect your wallet

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

Professor Shark posted:

Hi OP I'm the Forum Wallet Inspector, I'd like to inspect your wallet

that''ll be two strokes of the dick, my good sir

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
step 1) buy an airboat
step 2) watch gator

further steps should be self-evident

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

You don't qualify as an IT consultant because you configured your mom's roku OP

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Unless I qualify as a surgeon cause I reconfigure your mom's insides

naem
May 29, 2011

Don't move to a poor part of the country unless you have:

1. A job, a good one that pays, in a field you can take with you elsewhere whenever needed
2. Buy a house for cash level savings

Otherwise you're trapped forever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my wife and i got burnt out on the south and decided to start over in denver, we sold everything we owned, bought a motorhome off craigslist, renovated it, and live in that outside of denver.

we spent about 4,000 on the RV, another 3-4 thousand to put in flooring and wifi and modern TVs and power supplies, and a couple more for the gas and incidentals fund.

totally doable with ~10k

prepare for 70% of your friends to Not Get It, 10% to love it and 20% to passive aggressively subtweet-hate

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
the only reason to do what you're doing is if you're doctor being offered bumfuck nowhere doctor money to move to bumfuck nowhere, and even then you may not want to lest your kids grow up to be as annoying as aziz ansari

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Three Olives posted:

And you live with your parents, have no rental history and your life savings is $3k.

How do you manage to get to 32 with no living expenses and only have $3k in the bank?

didn't your dad buy that condo for you?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i say dso it, op. 3k is plenty to move to rural louisiana and live like a king for years

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think this is real considering that gagelion is a noted retarded person

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Arizona seemed fun - I could look at canned granyons and meet retard new age pothead pawgs all over the place and sell guns like it was nbd. but like most things that seemed too dope to be real, I found myself with a meth tweaking dogfood slangin lazy eyed roommate who made my cool gun selling operation a nightmare. once he killed two cats and pointed a gun a me for the fourth time demanding to know why he heard crinkly tin foil in my room, I knew it was time to mosey on out of dodges.

I sold my last gun, a lil titan 25 that fit in my jeans coin pocket (hated to lose that cute lil ginnygat but bringing it along with a box of hollow points with me seemed like a bad idea) and sold my cool conversion van and bought a ford Taurus that I knew would make the journey. i loaded it up wih ponchos and wide brimmed hats and bathrobes and large paintings of small cats and deities and some shorts, 6 dollar tees, Birkenstocks, and a pug named yoda. I smoked a large quantity of meth, stopped off at the res and bought some cheap cartons of smokes from the natives, and floored it all the way to NYC. It had been less than 48 hours between thinking "hmm maybe I'll move away" and actually doing it

I crashed on a couch in a miserable apartment filled friends of mine who drink beer all the time and don't believe in magick. They fed my dog beers instead of food and smoked all my Indian cigs and ate my gabagool. Yoda the pug pooed all over everything from the gross beers and the smell of burning pot/coke spliffs.

I found a nice job managing a health food restaurant where I ate veggie burgers and fake bacon (facon? just thought of that now, wish I'd thought of it then :( would have made a good menu word) and soon I left the den of cocaine abuse and beerdog diets and sold the Taurus to add to my lil mason jar bank stockpile of cash money and made a nice home for myself in a beachside bungalow. Soon after I was arrested trying to jump off the Verrazano bridge.

Hope my experience strength and hope has been helpful to you friend. I wish you luck absconding with your sanity from the nightmare zone of hellscapes where you live now. Namaste (^=

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

Gatekeeper posted:

Arizona seemed fun - I could look at canned granyons and meet retard new age pothead pawgs all over the place and sell guns like it was nbd. but like most things that seemed too dope to be real, I found myself with a meth tweaking dogfood slangin lazy eyed roommate who made my cool gun selling operation a nightmare. once he killed two cats and pointed a gun a me for the fourth time demanding to know why he heard crinkly tin foil in my room, I knew it was time to mosey on out of dodges.

I sold my last gun, a lil titan 25 that fit in my jeans coin pocket (hated to lose that cute lil ginnygat but bringing it along with a box of hollow points with me seemed like a bad idea) and sold my cool conversion van and bought a ford Taurus that I knew would make the journey. i loaded it up wih ponchos and wide brimmed hats and bathrobes and large paintings of small cats and deities and some shorts, 6 dollar tees, Birkenstocks, and a pug named yoda. I smoked a large quantity of meth, stopped off at the res and bought some cheap cartons of smokes from the natives, and floored it all the way to NYC. It had been less than 48 hours between thinking "hmm maybe I'll move away" and actually doing it

I crashed on a couch in a miserable apartment filled friends of mine who drink beer all the time and don't believe in magick. They fed my dog beers instead of food and smoked all my Indian cigs and ate my gabagool. Yoda the pug pooed all over everything from the gross beers and the smell of burning pot/coke spliffs.

I found a nice job managing a health food restaurant where I ate veggie burgers and fake bacon (facon? just thought of that now, wish I'd thought of it then :( would have made a good menu word) and soon I left the den of cocaine abuse and beerdog diets and sold the Taurus to add to my lil mason jar bank stockpile of cash money and made a nice home for myself in a beachside bungalow. Soon after I was arrested trying to jump off the Verrazano bridge.

Hope my experience strength and hope has been helpful to you friend. I wish you luck absconding with your sanity from the nightmare zone of hellscapes where you live now. Namaste (^=

id rather know if you were okay or not than read this

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
keep in mind however that you're about to do something that noted crazy shitplayer gatekeeper found to be a good and awesome idea

proceed with caution, friend

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

Gatekeeper posted:

keep in mind however that you're about to do something that noted crazy shitplayer gatekeeper found to be a good and awesome idea

proceed with caution, friend

i will do nothing of either sort

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

drunk dog posted:

id rather know if you were okay or not than read this

my posts are a mirror held up to the face of humanity

if you dislike what you see, it's because your face is hosed (your souls face obv)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

jarofpiss posted:

didn't your dad buy that condo for you?

Yes, and another house that I rent out. I can't help it that my parents love me instead of letting me be a manchild living under their roof without any personal assets of note.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Three Olives posted:

Yes, and another house that I rent out. I can't help it that my parents love me instead of letting me be a manchild living under their roof without any personal assets of note.

but you CAN help being a massive dickhead

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

It's really easy, if you have money saved up... craigslist has rooms you can rent from people who won't even tell their landlord you are there. Just find a living situation (and remain portable, so you can move from place to place until you find somewhere you like) and get a job and build up a credit rating then you can get your own place. It helps to have a job lined up where you are going before you go there, but hey, if your savings are robust don't let that stand in the way.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Jonny 290 posted:

my wife and i got burnt out on the south and decided to start over in denver, we sold everything we owned, bought a motorhome off craigslist, renovated it, and live in that outside of denver.

we spent about 4,000 on the RV, another 3-4 thousand to put in flooring and wifi and modern TVs and power supplies, and a couple more for the gas and incidentals fund.

totally doable with ~10k

prepare for 70% of your friends to Not Get It, 10% to love it and 20% to passive aggressively subtweet-hate

p.sweet move imo. You should turn your exploits into a thread.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Just live in the car ffs

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
3k is probably enough to move to a lot of places and find an ok place in time but good luck finding a decent IT job in whereverville, LA.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
1. Lie on your resume to say you know Powershell
2. Post it to "dice.com"
3. Wait for some guy from INdia to call you and demand that you move to Raleigh, North Carolina for a 6 month contract job
4. Lease a room in a shipping container some handyman converted into a tiny house
5. Rent a u-haul and fill it with your PS2 games
6. Show up to work in Raleigh with a huge rear end box of donuts. This way they won't care that you don't know powershell
7. From then on ti's nothing but sweet tea and loose women. Fat City baby!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
thought you were gonna say gun

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
just drive my man, just drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
drive down to texas, it's lovely. we have southern hospitality and nice weather and a booming economy. it's a "right to work" state so you'll have no problem finding someone willing to throw you 8 bucks an hour if you have a college degree and don't mind being "worked like a n-word" (sorry, that's just how they say it around these parts).

it really is a dream, prosperity and freedom await you my friend!

• Locked thread