Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 4 continued:

Gabrielle: Well Kara doesn't seem in any rush to reply does she. Still she must be ok or else she wouldn't... Wait. Did you feel that? the rod you gave Pete breaking. It sends a tingle down your spine. Is he in trouble? Do you still feel like you owe him for the information? Or is helping Kara more important? What do you do?

Frankie:: Henderson throws up his hands in self-defence "Look you can tell your bosses I'd like to pay what I owe them but I'm a little short right now. I'm investing in something. Something that could pay off big for all of us." Hmm who does he think you're working for? As you watch him make excuses Doc pipes up "They warned me he'd try to make excuses. Didn't expect them to be this pathetic though. Try a little physical persuasion. That'll teach this freeloader can't stand a man who won't pay his debts." Do you go along with Doc's suggestion or do you have another suggestion about how he can pay up?

Allison: Kara turns as white as if she'd just seen a ghost and you have to almost physically restrain yourself not to put your arms around her and tell her that everything will be ok. Kara gets a string on you You glance over at what caused Kara the shock and see what looks like a perfectly innocuous facebook page with a picture of a very different Kara on it. One who smiles and seems carefree not the almost emotional wreck before you. Still at least your doing your best to cheer her up right? Is it just because it's the right thing to do? because she's your friend? or is there something more there....

David: The trickle of water running down your side feels icy cold. Cold like Kara was to you. Even Frankie doesn't believe you're innocent. David gets the condition Guilty Speaking of which what was Frankie doing with that basketball guy? They seemed to be in a rather intense discussion about something. Something neither of them seemed keen to discuss in front of you. Do you try and creep after them to find out what was going on or do you just leave them too it?

Kara: So who do you want to invite then? Are you really sure if it's a good idea putting David so close to Caitlin again? or for that matter putting Gabrielle and Allison together? I would say it's your funeral but well you know... Either way Allison seems to be waiting for a response from you What do you say to her?

Caitlin: Your mother and Father examine you from head to toe looking for any sartorial faults and turn to each other reluctantly. "She'll have to do." your mother says reluctantly , Is that the way they always talk to you? Have your parents ever showed you any love or affection or has it been always orders to do this and orders to do that all your life? They hustle you into the waiting limousine. "We're going to be early." your mother protests but your father countermands that "gives us time to check out the lay of the land not everyone is going to be happy with our return and we cannot risk leaving anything to chance." your mother opens her mouth to protest and then thinks better for it. Do you have anything to suggest after all if there are people out to get you it could be your rear end on the line as well.

Caitlin highlight Gabrielle

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Hot: 0 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1
Harm 1/4 Exp 2/5 Conditions: Cold

Allison rushes to comfort me with her words, and I can feel her sincerity. I reply timidly, "I'm fine, just saw... an old memory on Facebook that makes me sad." I give her the best smile I can, which isn't a very good one, but it helps a little, and I wipe my eyes again with the sleeves of her hoodie. "But this is nice. A new memory. I think going to a movie together with friends is the perfect way to fix this mess of a day." Now I smile again, and this time it's genuine, "Having you here to talk to has been really really nice. I don't know what I would have done without you."

14:42 Ferg Kara turn on Allison
14:42 Ferg !r 2d6
14:42 Krysmbot Ferg, 4 = 4
14:42 Ferg yessss
Hard move

Or maybe that didn't come out right. Did I say too much? Am I pushing too much on her, too fast? I look at her suddenly, worried that... I don't know. That I'll lose her... and I've lost so much. God what's wrong with me? I divert my eyes to my phone, anything to not let her see what I'm thinking. Better respond to David and Gabrielle... a knot is starting to form in my stomach, a sudden worry that tonight won't go so well. I quickly look up movie times at The Vintage, there we go. Some movie called "Less than Zero." Sounds about right for how I'm feeling.

To David posted:

Do u want to come 2 the movies with me and Allison? Vintage at 615.

To Gabrielle posted:

Ya im okay. hanging out w Allie. Going to the vintage at 615 wanna come?

Getting all these people together might be a big mistake, but it seems to be what Allison wants... so I guess this is just how it has to be. I take another sip of my coffee... it's cold. And as I look outside the skies are starting to darken as night approaches... and what looks like it might be a storm. Allison is still in just a shirt... because of me. "Hey, we should probably get some warmer clothes if we're going to be out tonight. Might rain. My house isn't too far away... so I could give you your hoodie back. Sorry for... crying on it..." I shrug lamely, "And then maybe we could pick up some pizza or something on our way to the Vintage?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: 0 Cold: 1 Volatile: 1 Dark: 1
Harm: 1/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions:

Siiiiiigh. Is something simple and straightforward too much to ask for? So now what do I do? I really don't wanna sit here arguing with him, and I don't wanna beat the poo poo out of him either. Hmm. Maybe I can do something in between? This is kind of a long shot, but maybe it'll pay out.

"Ok look, I wanna believe you here, if only because I don't wanna kick your rear end right now. I would just let you go, but I know they aren't gonna be happy with that. So what's gonna happen here is this..." and I hit him right in the solar plexus with a body uppercut. With a little extra oomph from Doc.

(3:01:02 PM) ShootaBoy: Giving Doc a String
(3:01:02 PM) ShootaBoy: Powered Up Lash Out at Henderson
(3:01:02 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+3
(3:01:03 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 6+3 = 9
(3:01:20 PM) ShootaBoy: another unnecessary string
I'm gonna deal 1 Harm and he gets a String on me. Marking XP for Volatile.

He slumps down, only able to hold himself up because of the wall. It's gonna hurt like an utter rear end in a top hat, and he's gonna be wheezing for a few minutes, but he'll be fine. I grab him and help steady him on. "Slow breaths, deep as you can. It just feels like you're gonna die, you're fine. Now you're gonna pay what you can to them today, and I'm gonna tell them that you've got something working alright? Hopefully, with all of this they'll be satisfied for a little while, ok?" He gets out a nod in between gasps for air.

"I'm sorry about that, but I really am doing my damndest to get this done with as little pain as possible. I'm being honest with you here, part of what they told me included the phrase 'make sure you don't kill him', so you are really getting off light here. poo poo I'm in more danger here than you are, gettin' creative like I am, so for both our sake's please stick to the plan, and hope to god that this thing of yours pays off." With that said I turn and leave.

Doc, I need you to tell them that I had a talk with him and made him... see the light. I didn't rough him up as bad as they wanted, but I heard him talking about a thing with his 'family' and how he had something big cooking. Tell them I figured that if I broke him too bad it could stop him from being able to pay them back. And of he does keep skimping, well I can always visit him again. You got all that? "You got some balls on you kid. Real big ones. I hope this plan of yours goes over well." You and me both Doc, you and me both.

I stop outside the school for a minute while I check my phone. Huh, looks like that buzz from a minute ago was from David, not Allison

text to Allison posted:

Hey do you have Karas number? I wanna see if she needs/wants some help making David back off since hes here. Maybe she could go out with someone else, can you think of someone?

text to David posted:

Im out front of the school. I think we should have a talk about wtf happened today. Ok?

Hopefully David will bite so I can either talk to him about how you're supposed to treat women, or beat the crap out of him. Preferably the first one. I kinda want him to have a good explanation for all this poo poo, he seems (seemed?) like a decent guy, even if he was a little weird. Thinking about whatever's going on with Kara and David makes me think of my own girlfriend (wow that's so weird to say) so I decide to send off another text.

text to Gabrielle posted:

Hey :] I got my thing done and Im about to have a talk with David after I hear back from Kara. But after that Im free until the thing tonight. Anything you wanna do?

Wow when did I get so popular? So many texts today my thumbs are starting to hurt.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Hot: +2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Blamed, Neglected, Guilty

As I put my cold wet hand against my side again and again, I can't help but be reminded of Kara's hand in mine... not so long ago, but it feels that way. It was cold too, but I didn't mind back then, I actually liked it, made me feel connected to her. But now? Somehow it has all changed, and she's pushing me away, with a coldness hiding behind kindness. Oh, what am I saying? it's probably my fault, somehow. Now, Frankie, though! Where does he get off, I just walk in and am nice and with the very first sentence, he accuses me, makes it seem like everybody thinks I'm hitting girls, like that's common knowledge. Without listening to anyone involved just like Gabrielle, I bet! What was he doing with... Henderson anyway? I can't remember his full name...

Some petty impulse in me imagines them badmouthing me, but no. It was... kind of tense between them. Uh, wait, were they maybe...in the middle of something? Was there maybe a reason why Frankie was so upset when people suggested he was interested in Gabrielle? I mean, it's cool, he's a pretty good-looking guy, in a kind of rough-and-tumble way and... wait, what am I saying? This isn't about who Frankie might be into. And honestly, I don't care what's going on between him and Henderson. Right now, I can't bring myself to care about any of this. I think about breaking into Victor's locker, but, what's the point? I sigh and slump against the bathroom wall, not even caring about how clean, or not, it is.

My phone buzzes and I take it out to look at it, slowly, like I'm too tired to really do it. Who is it now? And then, my eyes go wide. It's Kara! And she's inviting me to a movie! Oh my god! This is... this is amazing! I am no longer slumping, I am standing straight up and there is a wide, happy grin on my face. I feel I could jump up, so high I would hit the ceiling! Oh, Allison is coming too, I didn't really talk with her much, but - Kara! My grin still hasn't gone as I type up my response, manic with happiness.

To Kara posted:

Yes! Defintily! I'm realy looking forward to it!
Oh, this is great. I feel so much better, even my stomach seems just fine right now. What did I tell myself just a bit ago? That if I just hold on, thing will turn better eventually? Oh, that's so cheesy - but this time, it was true! I actually jump towards the bathroom door, like I'm a little kid and I'm jumping into rainwater puddles and my mother is telling me not to and, and, I need to calm down, just a bit. I can still grin like that, though!

Okay, so, I'll need to quickly go back to my place and put on some different clothes - and get some more money! And then I'll... oh, another text? I furrow my brow and my grin vanishes. It's Frankie. Oh! He wants to talk about what happened with Kara. Just a bit ago, it seemed like he had already made up his mind. But... maybe that was some kind of 'keeping face' thing in front of Henderson? Like, everyone behind my back is already convinced I'm some sort of horrible person, and Frankie didn't want to go against the mob in front of Henderson? That's still pretty sucky, but... Oh, I'm feeling too good to let this get me down! Frankie wants to talk with me, so that means he hasn't made up his mind completely, right? I smile again. I knew he wasn't a jerk like everyone else.

I make my way to the front of the school and there he is! Always looking so tough. I approach him and then realize there is this spring in my step and I am smiling and I'm about to wave at him or give him a side hug - and that is all not very appropriate if he still thinks I'm someone who hits girls, he'd really get the wrong impression. I slow down, try to make my face look serious, somber, but... it doesn't really work. "Hi, Frankie!" That... was a bit too chipper. "Hi." Okay, that was a bit more neutral. Oh, what should I say? Should I let him talk? I mean, he probably has questions for me and if I'm all 'oh, I totally do not hit girls' without prompting, it'd be a 'he protests too much' situation, right? But I just feel I have to say something, I'm still so... energetic from how the thing with Kara turned around!

"Listen, about what happened in the gym locker room.... it's cool. You were doing a thing, things were kind of tense with Henderson?" I frown and look at him, as if asking him to tell me what was going on. "I was caught up with what was going on with me and..." I just smile. "It's cool." I mean, it was still pretty rude and, well, hurtful at the time, but I guess I'm in a pretty good mood right now. I smile at Frankie like I am just radiating forgiveness, and the light of the afternoon shines on my from behind, framing my head, my blonde hair in sunlight.

<nil_> David Turn On Frankie
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 8+2 = 10
No mechanical effect.

The moment passes and I scratch the back of my head. "You wanted to talk?"

nil. fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 28, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: -1 | Conditions: None

I frown at Kara's message. She didn't actually answer the question about if David had left her alone or not though. And six fifteen... I glance at the clock, if the movie isn't long I might have time to do that and still make it to the school, but... Hold on, with Allison? Nope.

@Kara posted:

cant make it tonight sorry

As if to further enforce the correctness of my choice, I can feel the alarm I gave Pete going off. poo poo, already? That was bad, if they knew he gave them info and got to him this fast they must have been spying on our meeting!

Around Gabrielle, time stops, or at least appears to the slow, light draining away from the world to form a shining star in the heavens, or between her hand, both at the same time. Her body floats up off the ground as the star grows bright and brighter until it arcs off, streaming into ribbons of pure rainbow starlight, wrapping around her body and encasing it like a mummy wrapped in the northern lights. With one last flash, it solidifies into her outfit, a final beam of light forming into the short baton topped with a golden star. Then the light slowly returns to the world, the Magical Astral Knight Aurora lowers back to the ground, and she lands just as time starts to flow normally again.

With a quick wave of my baton, my window slides open again and I soar out in a beam of light. This time though, I'm not just flying, I have to send a couple text messages. First to Frankie, because I did promise I'd tell him and he just sent me a message.

@Frankie posted:

shitsgoingdown
got2savesome1
headto aroundwhere you metme earlier
can give better directions whenigetthere

The second goes to him and, reluctantly, Allison, because even if I don't feel much like seeing her, if they spied on my meeting with Pete, they probably saw my meeting with her and Frankie in the alley after.

@Frankie, Allison posted:

keep a heads up
things might be after u

By the time I've sent both messages, I'm touching down on a rooftop near where I'd been before. Now, where more directly was the warning coming from? I can feel it pulling at me, so I head in that direction, leaping over the rooftops.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hot 1 Cold -1 Vol -1 Dark 2
XP: 2+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Liability

I'm pretty certain something's wrong... I don't know what, and I can't see it straight away, and a voice in my head is telling me to let sleeping dogs lie... but I can't do that. I just can't. So while I smile and say "Sounds like a plan," I immediately follow-up with an excuse - "Uh, just give me a sec - need to use the washroom, 'kay?" and head thattaway.

Once I'm away from her, with solid wall between us, I calm my breathing and reach out with my feelings - to try and feel the source of what's wrong, here, and how it concerns Kara.

[5:00pm] Nown: Gaze into the Abyss
[5:00pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[5:00pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 7+2 = 9
Confusing and Alarming visions - marking XP

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Well I can see why Kara would let him get so close. Wait no! Bad Frankie! "Uhhh yeah. Yeah. Look, just... just forget anything you saw back there, none of it's important. Uhh..." I kinda stall out for a second, "I was kinda hoping to have got a text by now uhh..." I check my phone again, still no message from Allison, wonderful. Guess I just... cover what I can until then? "So I missed a lot of stuff today, it's been a bit crazy, but the stuff that I did see didn't paint you in the best light. I mean, one second you're talking to Kara, and then she's crying with a huge bruise on her head. That's... that's not good man. Then later you're talking like you two are a thing and you're sending... stuff and it just looks all sorts of weird and creepy and bad."

"Really I don't know what to think here. I'm trying to get the other side of this but I haven't heard back yet, so I don't know. I guess I can just stick to the 'not a creep' plan and give you a bit of advice. If you two are sort of a thing, maybe kinda chill and take it slow? You're a little bit... out there, at times. Also cool it with the hugs. Like I get it, you're a touchy feely type, but not everyone else is y'know?" I'm about to try and come up with something else to say when my phone goes off. Oh thank god.

Oh that's not good. That's not good at all. I gotta go now, she seemed fine after... that, but she took a lot of punishment earlier. I was really hoping I could sort out whatever David's been up to, but it looks like it'll have to wait some more. "Ok so that was not the text I was expecting, and now I really have to go. Sorry to say we'll talk and then bolt, but this is urgent I swear, I'd stay longer otherwise." I let out a frustrated sigh. "Look until I hear all the details, I'm just gonna go with you not being a nutjob. Please don't make me regret that. Just... keep what I said in mind, alright?" Spending a String to offer David an XP if he takes Frankie's dating advice.

"Sorry again, but this really can't wait!" With that last apology I take off down the street at a not quite run. I can't risk being late if Gabrielle needs me. I pull out my phone and slam out a quick text.

text to Gabrielle posted:

omw

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Harm 1/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions: Cold

Allison's sudden trip to the bathroom leaves me more than a little worried that I messed up. Did I invite too many people? Or is it that I invited David... or hell Gabrielle and Allie are still angry at eachother and I just invited her too! What's wrong with me... why did I have to make this so complicated? And now Allie is hiding from me... or might even be ditching me. Wouldn't even blame her. I stare down into my coffee, tears forming again. All I wanted to do is make her happy... and as I cry into my cup, I desperately search for an answer if how I can do that after messing it all up.

Kara gazes into the abyss at how to get Allison to like her again = 10
The visions show what she must do and she carries 1 forward to doing it
Making the experience

--

Allison's vision of what's wrong with Kara:

Out of breath. Running. Crying. Screaming. Bruised. Betrayed. Hiding.

It's night out. A single light illuminates the wooden wall you hide behind. The grass is cold and damp between your toes as you turn the corner carefully, cautiously. It doesn't matter. He found you! Before you can turn and run, before you can even think, the pain starts, blossoming at your temple and making a sick crunching noise as your skull collapses inward. Blackness instantly surrounds you.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 3+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous

Oh poo poo! Oh gently caress gently caress poo poo! I want to retch into the sink, shivering and quaking. What the gently caress!? What the gently caress happened to Kara, I... I felt her die, felt her be murdered, and yet she's sitting right there, just waiting for me, and...

[12:38pm] Nown: Hold Steady
[12:39pm] Nown: !roll 2d6-1
[12:39pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 11-1 = 10
[12:39pm] Nown: gently caress yeah
Marking XP and removing the condition 'Liability' since I'm standing strong

Okay. Calm down. Deep breaths. Think this through. I put fingers to my scalp head to confirm that my skull is fine, not collapsed. I'm fine. And as for Kara... Well I don't know what she is. That's a lie. ...I know she's my friend. A real friend, not like Gabrielle, not somebody who throws me aside when it suits them. So since I know that, does it really matter what else she is? I'm some fake thing made up by a faerie. Gabby's a magical girl and Frankie's got... some spirit or demon or whatever on his shoulder. So whether Kara's a zombie or whatever, does it matter? I know the answer to that already.

When I'm sure I've calmed down, and I'm certain, looking into the mirror (but not too closely, not close enough to see past the Glamour), that I don't look like a complete mess, I head back out to her... and she's red-eyed, puffy, crying! So I don't sit on the opposite side of the booth from her - I sit right by her side, instead, and just silently give her a hug, a tight squeeze. An unspoken 'I'm here for you'.

[1:16pm] Nown: Turn on Kara
[1:16pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+1
[1:16pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 9+1 = 10
Taking a string on Kara!

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Blamed, Neglected, Guilty

Before Frankie speaks up, he looks at me like... well, I'm not sure, but I just know he's not looking at me with hate or disdain or like he just wants me to go away or anything like that. Is it just that I'm in a good mood? And then he says something odd, that I should just forget about what I saw... and I would have probably, if he hadn't said anything. But now? Now I can't help but wonder because, well, if Frankie tells me that there wasn't anything going on then then there definitely was something going on. Huh. And there's an important text he's waiting for?

But then he really starts talking, about how he sees what went on between me and Kara and it's all I can focus on right now. At points I want to protest, interject, tell him how it's totally being unfair and untrue. But on the other hand... he's the first one who has really told me about his perspective instead of just yelling at me or ignoring me. And I guess if you don't know enough it kind of looks bad... I mean, Frankie was pretty hurtful back there when Henderson was around, but maybe it really was some kind of, I don't know, group pressure thing? I know on the outside, he's a 'tough guy', but I can tell he's not, uh... emotionally stupid? Does that make sense? He's being pretty understanding right now, all told and I admit, it... it feels good. I almost give him a hug, but I have to hold myself back, because he just told me that those are apparently a problem. I make a face. It's just that... things can get really upsetting and, well, hugs calm me down and it's totally bullshit that everyone looks down on it or thinks I'm weird.

But I'll have to listen to Frankie. Just a while ago, I thought we weren't friends anymore, but things are looking up now. He's talking with me, Kara invited me, I just feel so... well, like I remember feeling sometimes when I was younger, just sitting on a bike, pedalling as hard as I could and letting the wind hit my face and thinking I could go anywhere, could do anything.

And then Frankie gets a text, but apparently not the text he was waiting for but an important text anyway? My face drops, I'm vaguely disappointed, I wanted to talk to Frankie some more. Uh, I should say something before he leaves, right? "Frankie, I..." Once again, my arms extend themselves, preparing to give him a hug almost as if by themselves and I have to pull them back. "Thank you. You're the first one today that didn't just... assume. And I didn't hit Kara! Kara has.. it rough, because the thing is..." I look up at him and I can see the anxiety in his eyes - it must be really something important! "...you need to go. Thanks, Frankie. And I'll keep what you said in mind, it's the least I can do." I smile, a bit pained, because what I don't say there at the end is '...for maybe my only friend here'.

Taking the XP.

He dashes off and now that he left, something from before comes back: What was going on with Henderson there? And: Does it have anything to do with why Frankie is in such a hurry now? I watch Frankie disappear around a corner, but in my, uh, mind's eye, I keep him there, actually draw him back towards me, imagine him still in front of me, with all his... presence. With all his muscles and, uh, nevermind. What is going on with him? Is he in trouble?

<nilPhone> David Gaze About Frankie
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 6+1= 7
MC: What is going on with Frankie in general and what was his tense meeting with Henderson about in particular? Confusing and alarming visions.

nil. fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 31, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +3 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Desperate, Superior

Of course they always treat me this way - even when it doesn't seem like it. I'm seriously not being overdramatic when I say that, to them, I'm less an adopted daughter and more of a pet. And, unless I want to get metaphorically smacked by a rolled up newspaper, one that's on its best behavior - so yes, while I'm on the hook for whatever happens here, I'm not stupid enough to try and change their minds about this.

Instead, I get into the limo, briefly retrieve my phone from my purse to send messages to Allison and Gabby, and then do nothing but sit in contemplative silence, doing my best to look as perfectly neutral about all of this as possible. Guess I'll find out if this is a good idea or not when we arrive.

txt to Allison posted:

I'll try and move some things around I suppose - super busy night though, so it's very possible I'll have to decline your invitation.

txt to Gabby posted:

Alright then - have a pleasant evening.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 31, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 4 continued:

Gabrielle: You take off into the air riding a beam of light. Hmm is that really that visible to people or do people just not seem to notice you? Either way you rush at full speed towards where you last met Pete. You arrive to the sound of running feet, "quick we gotta get out of here." a slightly panicked voice calls out in the gloom. However as you land your light illuminates a not very pretty scene, There's a lot of blood and oh god is that Pete did they.... hold steady to avoid losing your lunch Either way you notice a message scrawled on a nearby wall in blood, Pete's blood? "The dawn sees all and expects all debts to paid in the light of the sun" what do you do?

Frankie:: Henderson reels back from your blow, He'll have a heckuva bruise but it'll look worse than it actually is, He reaches in and hauls out a wad of cash, looks mostly like $20s and $10s to you, Where the heck does a kid like that get this kind of money and how much more is he expected to pay you wonder "Look I'll get the rest" he says wincing through gritted teeth "It'll just take a few days ok," he staggers off in search of a bathroom? a first aid kit? who the heck knows it's not your problem anyway. Either way Doc gives you an attaboy and you head off for your little tête-a-tete with David.
---

When Gabrielle texts you set off down the street at a brisk jog. So what are you going to do if Henderson can't or won't pay the rest of whatever he owes? Eventually you round the corner panting as you almost run into Gabrielle. Staring at ewww disgusting, What do you say to her and what unhelpful comment does Doc have about the "crime scene"?

Kara: Allison steps out to use the bathroom, and you feel cold and alone abandoned again. take the condition freezing tears run down your face dripping into your coffee cup, and you almost fancy you can see shapes forming in the swirls of your coffee. You get the feeling that Allison is unmoored from what she was she has no firm ground to call her own, her life has been turned upside down and she hasn't found where she belongs yet. Is any of this starting to sound familiar? What she needs more than anything is a friend, someone who'll promise to be there for her when she needs a shoulder to cry on. Can you do that or are you afraid too? You ponder that tears running down your face till she sits silently beside you and wraps a hand around you for a silent hug, what do you do?

Allison: Youu slide into the booth next Kara and wrap your arm around her, she's shivering even despite wearing your borrowed hoodie, Although whether with the cold or just because she's afraid is impossible for you to tell. How do you even talk about someone's death to them? What do you even say to her? do you promise to help her get her revenge? do you promise to be there for her if she needs a symapthetic ear? or is there something else you'd rather promise her.

Caitlin: Your car pulls up at the front of the school and your mother and father climb out and scan the area which to be honest looks pretty much deserted to you, and seemingly to them before leading you around the side of the school between the gym and the football stadium,. At least your out of the worst of the wind. You watch surprised as a portal opens, although your parents act with feigned indifference as if they have seen this a thousand times before and motion you forward with them as one of the Fae steps out richly dressed and carrying a ludicrously impractical sword that looks to have been made from silver rather than iron. He bows perfunctorily to your parents and then looks at you briefly in the same way a jockey might look at a price horse before clearing his throat. What doe he even look like to you without the cloak of glamour that normally surrounds the fae? "My prince is unaccountably delayed by "business" So before we begin if you have any doubts or questions about this agreement you must raise them now or forever hold your tongue." Do you dare ask any questions? what do you assk

David: Well that was short and sweet wasn't it. Still at least you got out of it without getting hurt which is good right. Do you actually intend to follow Frankies advice or do you think it's all a load of crap? Either way you walk right out of the school and you are so distracted you almost walk into what looks for all the world like a limousine, you glance around and see Caitlin disappear round a corner, What is she doing on school property this time of the day anyway? Do you follow her to see what's going on? or do you just head home for the night?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

God I hope this plan works out. From now on though I am definitely asking who exactly a job is for before I accept, cause these... I dunno, Sun guys give me a... pretty... bad... feeling... Ok yeah, bad feeling seems like a bit of an undersell now. 'Cause uhh, that's the same message I just had to give to Henderson, which is really, really, bad news for both of us if my plan doesn't work. gently caress. But back to the now and god is it not a pretty now. I don't know if he(?) is dead or not, but it looks and smells like someone murdered a dive bar's bathroom. Doc lets out a low whistle. "Heh, bet this guy wishes you came to collect from him eh?" Thanks Doc, really appreciate that. I just love being reminded that I might be in way over my head.

I want to cover my nose and get out of the alley... instead of heading straight towards Oscar, for lack of anything better to call him/it. Oscar might be some kind of stink monster, but he still needs help. A quick scan around shows a sheet hanging off a dirty mattress, jackpot! A few seconds gives me some sorta clean bandages, which I quickly put to work binding the wounds I can. Healing 1 Harm on Pete... if he's still alive. While I work I steal the occasional glance back at Gabrielle. "I got here as fast as I could. Is this who needed saving? I thought you were more into removing monsters?"

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Harm 1/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions: Cold, Freezing

These feelings... Allison... I've always looked up to her for how she handles herself, for being so confident... for being so in control and friendly and kind. And she's... she's dealing with all the same poo poo that I am! The loneliness, the feelings like I don't fit in. Of just wanting a friend, a true friend, not just somebody who wants something from you... or wants you for... something. Allison has no firm ground to call her own... hell, sometimes I can barely feel the ground beneath my feet at all! She's really just like me, with the same worries and fears and... hopes for the future.

And as I look up from my coffee cup, there she is, emerging from the bathroom with a look of real concern on her face. For a second I worry... is it about how I've acted? Is she going to leave me to go find somebody else to ease her mind? But then she spots me looking back at her... and her face just melts into a sympathetic look. She comes rushing over... she's not leaving me! And she clearly has no intention of staying distant, sliding onto my side of the booth and putting an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into a tight hug. I melt into her, collapsing into the hug, tears coming freely. Whatever had caused her to walk away is gone, replaced with care... real care for my well-being. I just can... feel it.

She holds me tight as I bring myself together. My mind darts back to the insights I had while she was in the bathroom. Allison needs... a friend, just like I do. Could we be exactly what each other need? Could I be a rock for her... like she is being for me? I... I want to be. No, I need to be. I didn't get a second chance just for no reason. I don't know if this is the reason I continue to be here, but drat it, it's the reason I want to be here. To just be... the person I never lived up to being in my real life. I think back on that Facebook profile. So alive... but so shallow. Even before, I didn't have close friends like I had always wanted. I was always coming up with reasons to maintain a distance... making up excuses not to hang out with people, to hide my home life, to hide my fears and doubts. To hide the real me. But now I can change all that... I'm... finally free!

I raise my head to speak, lifting up... but I suddenly realize just how... close we are. Wrapped up tightly in her embrace... and she smells so good. Her soft hand gripping my shoulder tightly... and I'm still wearing her sweater! She's been so kind to me... and I start to feel... like I should show her how much she means to me. Not in a pay it back sort of way, but just... letting her know that I truly appreciate her friendship. I look up and she's looking right back at me with just... is it love? The love of friendship, right? Or... more? Does it even matter? We can sort all that out later. I don't care. I just want to be with her.

I finally move, lifting myself to her level, and lean my face in close to her. "Thanks," I whisper, and with a deep breath I lean in close and kiss her softly on the cheek, as I wrap my arms around her and return the hug just a tightly. There. "Thanks for being here for me."

19:35 Ferg Kara turn on Allison
19:35 Ferg !r 2d6
19:35 Krysmbot Ferg, 12 = 12
19:35 ShootaBoy drat son
19:35 Ferg Krysmbot must love ghost sex
Already got a string this scene so no mechanical effect

I bury my head into her neck as we hug tightly. "I'll be there for you too, anytime, anywhere."

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Blamed, Neglected, Guilty

I can't figure out what Frankie is all about, not yet - or, well, it's not really figuring out but... I don't know. It's not working yet, anyway. Oh, hey, is that Caitlin? Did she come back to school in this, uh, limousine? That is really weird, I mean, an actual limousine. It's huge and I bet it is extremely expensive and... Caitlin, right! Is she that rich? And if she is, why is she going to our school? But, uh, to ask something else: why did she drive back to school? I don't know, maybe it's because of that thing with Frankie and how it's kind of frustrating that I can't figure it out, like my curiosity is all built up with nowhere to go - but I kind of want to know what Caitlin is doing!

I mean, it won't take long, right? I definitely need to be in time for the meeting with Kara, that's the most important thing. But I have enough time for a quick peek, right? And so I sneak after Caitlin, and this is kind of exciting, and all the while I am wondering what this is all about. Is she meeting someone and going to buy drugs? I frown. No, that makes no sense, someone with a limousine like that doesn't need to do something like that. Oooooh, is she meeting up with someone from school for something else, maybe? I can't help but smile, it must be because I'm still feeling so good about how things turned around with Kara.

I step around a corner and - and step right back again! There's Caitlin, but a lot of other people too! Okay, not that many, but adults. What are they doing here? I cautiously peek around the corner again, and my eyes confirm something that I thought that maybe was a trick of the light when I just caught a glimpse earlier... does that guy have a sword?! I blink, try to rub my eyes, but it's still there. Who carries a sword? What is he saying... something about his prince? Uh, is this some... ren faire... preparations... something? It's so weird, Caitlin is framed by these two adults that stand to her sides, and that guy with the sword - and what is he wearing? - looks at her like... well, I don't like it.

What is going on? Did I get hit in the head more than I thought and I just forgot? Or is my, well, thing I tried to use to understand what's going on with Frankie going haywire? I'm caught between my desire to be away from here, to just forget it, tell myself it didn't happen and just go to Kara... and staying right here, because I know my curiosity would eat at me. For now, my curiosity wins out. I still have enough time, right? I look at my phone to make sure, like that is the most important thing right now, that I meet up with Kara on time.

What am I saying? Of course that is the most important thing!

Down the Rabbit Hole: When you go poking your nose in affairs not meant for your kind, someone involved in the situation gains a String on you (gave the string to Caitlin for now), and you mark experience.

nil. fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 1, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous

At first I don't say anything, just hold her, give her a shoulder to cry on. I could talk about what I saw, what I felt, but... this isn't the time or place for it, and yeah, I have no idea how to talk to someone about their death! But then she whispers those words to me, and kisses my cheek, and I feel tension leave me, evaporate from my shoulders. She's so cold to the touch, but with such warm words... so it requires no decision or hesitation at all for me to reply with:

"I promise I will too - I'll always be here for you, no matter what. Anytime, anywhere..." I lapse into silence, just holding her close for a while longer, not caring who's watching. My heart's beating so loud I feel like she has to hear it, but I'm not scared, not at all. I mean something to someone. Someone needs me, and I need them back. The thought sends a wave of... something, through me. Something hot, something churning. Finally, I add: "Maybe we should go get ready... you said your house isn't too far away, right? Got a big night ahead of us, don't we?"

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

My hug with Allison seems to last a lifetime. Just being in her arms, being held closely by somebody that really cares for me. I lose myself... just enjoying the warmth and presence of Allison. I feel like I'll never feel lost again, like, like I'm back. I give her a squeeze, just to confirm it... no passing through going on here! Even though my head is still buried into her shoulder, I can't help but smile and take large breaths of relief.

Eventually, she cuts the silence, promising to be there for me, echoing my words back. I squeeze her again. Finally, somebody I can... feel alive with! I laugh as we finally break from the hug, and Allison mentions getting a move on. Oh geez! I check my watch... yeah, we better get moving. I take a look outside and night has definitely fallen. "Oh, yeah! You must be cold!" I say, "I'm just a few blocks down, actually."

I fish some money out of my pocket and put it on the table, enough to pay for my coffee. The waitress gives a wave as we leave the cafe. Heading out the door, we get a full blast of cold Chicago winds, and I find myself doing my best shielding Allison from the cold with her hoodie than talking. Finally, my home comes into view - The North End Apartments.

Yeah, the place is a little run down, and there's a Polish family on the first floor that seems to always be cooking sausage of some sort. But my mom and I's apartment, 2C, it's nice and cozy for the two of us. 2 bedroom, 1 bath, and a living room/kitchen. It's pretty clean, mostly because my mom spends most of her time working, like she is tonight. Most of the furniture is from the 70s, and the cupboards are kinda falling apart, but it's home, right? I sweep my arms across the apartment as we enter, beckoning Allison towards the plaid couch. I quickly whip off her hoodie and hand it to her, then dart back into my bedroom to change my shirt. I holler out to her as I dig through the pile of clean clothing... didn't have time to put it into my dresser last night, "Hey! Do you need anything? Water? Some food?"

There we go, finally found a nice low-cut black t-shirt with some band on it. I throw it on as I return to the living room. Allison looks a little bewildered at my apartment... I suddenly remember her family is pretty well off, well, at least comparatively. She probably doesn't come to this part of the neighborhood very often. I frown a little, but am still feeling the high from our moment in the cafe. I should probably find out... why she bolted to the bathroom. Or maybe it was nothing, I don't know. Still, I muster up the courage to ask, "Did you want to talk about anything?"

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 3, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

I pay for my coffee, and... yeah, I notice how cold it is when I step out, shivering and hugging myself. Or maybe I just noticed how cold it was when I stopped hugging Kara. Either way, it's a relief when we're in her home, even if I might look a little shaken, still - it's hard to pretend that seeing what I saw didn't leave me a little off-balance. I gratefully accept and slip on my hoodie, and while Kara goes to her room I take the opportunity to check my phone with all the new texts. "Uh... I'm fine, really!" I say when she asks if I need anything - honestly, the less in me right now, the better.

To Frankie posted:

I'm w/ Kara right now. Talked about David, lol. Will tell her ur looking out for her too!

I actually can think of someone else she could go out with, but, uh... Frankie doesn't need to know that. It's probably just an idle fantasy on my end, anyway.

to Gabby posted:

Thanks for the concern.

Short and simple. I'm still pissed off with her, and don't really take this threat any more seriously than the last, but whatever.

to Caitlin posted:

No worries. We're meeting at The Vintage. Let me know when you're certain if you can/can't make it, k?

After a moment's thought, I send a second to her.

to Caitlin posted:

If you can't, though, we'll make it up some other time? Hope you have a good night!

And then Kara's back, in a low-cut shirt, and her tears have dried, her eyes aren't even puffy, and I snap back to reality. God, she's pretty. Did I want to talk about anything? Does she mean Gabrielle? Or... no, that's stupid, she obviously saw how I looked when I went to and from the bathroom. When I saw-

I wince, and shake my head. "I... uh..." I don't want to talk about it, don't want to even think about it. Later, maybe, but not right now. There is no good way to tell someone you know how they died...

"Later," I say hurriedly. "Right now, uh..." I take a step over to her and kiss her. On the lips, not the cheek, now that we're in a private place. Hold her close again, to share the warmth and banish the cold.

[7:28pm] Nown: ah, fuckit. Turn On Kara. Hoping for a 7-9
[7:28pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+1
[7:28pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 9+1 = 10
[7:28pm] Nown: gently caress u 2 krysm >: (
No mechanical effect

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

My question seems to shock Allison into a bit of pain, somehow... a memory of something bad? I avert my eyes for a second, thinking rapidly. We don't have to talk if she doesn't want to, I'm just happy to spend time with her. Even just thinking about heading to the movies and spending the next several hours together makes me feel all warm inside, makes me feel... mmph!

Without me even noticing, Allison stood up and got close to me. And she's.. kissing me! And wrapping her arms around me! For a second I freeze, my mind blank. Is this real?

But the feeling of her soft lips on mine, her arms wrapped behind my back, pulling me into her... it's all very real. And... very welcome. Without hesitation, I kiss her back, wrapping my own arms around her, pulling her towards me. Her warmth surrounds me, and all the cold feelings of the last several months disappear. Her fingers raking across my back, fingertips digging into my skin, all reminders that I'm still here, still alive, still living! I never want this to stop. This... this is what I've been missing!

But where is this going? I'm suddenly very aware that we're all alone, and my mother probably won't even get in until well past midnight. And I've never really gone this far with anyone... much less another girl. Not that I don't want to... but... I don't want to do it wrong, right? I break from the kiss (though not from the embrace), and look Allison in the eyes, shyly, "I... I've... never done this before..."

Nown, if you want to fade to black this, :heysexy::hf::heysexy:

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 3, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

I smile, as I breathe. Close my eyes. "Neither have I," I confess. "So... only if you want to." Though when I open my eyes, I'm pretty sure I can see that she wants to, as much as I. How couldn't I, after what we've shared, after she bared her heart to me, made me feel needed? It feels euphoric, but at the same time... it scares me, because if this ever turns sour, if the sweetness turns to ash... so, trembling, I ask, "Just one thing... promise me you'll trust me?"

I hold out my hand for her to take, glancing towards the bedroom, and when we're both in, and the door's closed behind us, well...

Fade to Black. That promise was the Fae sex move - if Kara doesn't make it, then Allison gets two strings on her.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

As far as I know if regular people can see me when I’m going this fast, they forget about it or think its an optical illusion or whatever I guess. No ones ever said anything. I suppose from ground level I just look like a bright light reflecting off a building or something. I touch down in the alley moments later. Oh god.

<godfish> hold steady Gabby!!
<nilPhone> :o
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9-1 = 8

Ugh. Uuuugh. That’s disgusting. And what they did to his body isn’t much better. I don’t go too close to it, especially since I can see the blood they used to write on the walls with is starting to eat through the bricks. poo poo, poo poo, they really were spying. Jesus.

Keeping my eyes -a my mind a bit- off Pete, I pull out my phone and hurriedly type out reply to Allison. I get the impression she isn’t taking it very seriously.

@Allison posted:

srsly srsly bad
they spyd on me rght brf ur fght
if lucky theyll thnk we rnt frnds
be spr crfl

Message sent, I head for the other way out of the alley, I need to track down whoever did this! Before I can though, Frankie shows up, drat, boys got legs. Which I knew. Heh. A small smile fights its way onto my lips for a second before it fades. He was actually trying to treat Pete… I hadn’t even considered he might not be dead. But Demons are a lot tougher than humans... “Pete isn’t bad… Just eats trash. Only thing he’d do to a person is steal their garbage, unless he found them dead in an alley. One of supernature’s disposal methods. Usually good for information though.”

“...Is he still alive?” gently caress, I’ve taken too long. However did this will be far enough away to blend into a crowd. I move away from the exit and over to Frankie and Pete, looking down at him. I can see him moving, faintly. He isn’t dead. “You got anywhere we can dump him for a bit? Guys like him should knit back together as long as no one messes with him and he has some trash to eat. My parents will notice if we leave him in the bathtub or something though.”

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Pete. That's his name. Great to know. Especially since he seems to still be alive, according to what Gabrielle just said. She would know how to tell better than me, so I'll take her word for it. "Uhh..." I rack my brains for a spot to hide a trash eating monster that smells like a nuclear stinkbomb. "Tobin's isn't too far from here. The dumpsters there are in their own little covered building thing. How does he feel about eating sweat and foam padding?" Hopefully that will be ok, but even if it isn't we do need to get him moved, so I brace myself and resolve to not breathe through my nose for a while, and haul Pete up onto my shoulders in a fireman's carry. I try to be gentle as I can, he's hurt pretty bad after all, but I can hear at least one groan as something gets bumped more than it would like. "Sorry Pete." With that taken care of, all that's left is Gabrielle's ok and we can get moving.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 3, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Well, a house would have been a lot better... in one sense of the word. "Yeah, that should probably work. Lets go." I let the magic fade from around me, until I look like normal me again, and head off with Frankie, giving him as much of a hand with Pete as I can, though I spend most of the time watching corners ahead of us to make sure no one sees us. Once we've gotten Pete setup in one of the dumpsters, I leave note behind telling him to lie low that he should see when he wakes up, then move away with Frankie.

"Alright, lets get somewhere you can take a shower, then head to the school. I don't know what time things are supposed to go down, but I'd rather have to spend an hour being bored than show up late and miss whatever is going to happen."

<godfish> hey Rawri-Phone highlight Gabrielle >:(
<Rawri-Phone> Cold
marking exp for that hold steady

GodFish fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 4, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"No need to go anywhere else, I have keys for this place." I say as I pull them outta my pocket. A little benefit of being here all the drat time, Tobin got tired of staying late when I wanted to get more training in. "I'll just take a quick rinse off shower, and then we can go." I lead her inside, I don't even bother with turning the lights on, I know this place well enough to not need them. Once we reach the back I have her sit on a bench while I grab a spare shirt from my locker and get my shoes off. "I should be out in like two minutes alright? So just hang out here for a bit."

I strip off my stinky shirt as I head into the shower, I'm gonna hope that getting it soaked and leaving it here to dry will get the smell out. I'm not a big fan of showering here, the water pressure ain't great, and the water doesn't really get above 'sorta warm'. If it were just me, I'd have run home, it's pretty close to here. But I don't really want Gabrielle to see what I live in. I mean, what am I gonna say? 'Well, here's the two room apartment I live in with my parents. Wanna sit on my couch/bed and see if the TV is gonna work today?' Nuh uh, no can do. Especially not after seeing where she lives.

I come back out still kinda wet, but with a fresh shirt and a normal smell. Thank god. Shoes back on, jacket, and for the finishing touch I grab some of my wraps. If I'm gonna be punching things I wanna be punching them right, monsters or not. While I wrap my hands, I turn to Gabrielle. "So we go down to the school, wait for this meeting to start, wait til these cult guys kick off, and then we bust in and beat them up?" I double check the straps and toss a few lazy punches. "I gotta say, this is a bit of a weird first date. Not sure I really mind though. Lead the way." No backing out now Frankie.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Oh, sure." I follow him inside, sitting down on a bench and drumming my fingers against it while I wait. Its a shame the lights aren't on, my night vision as a normal person isn't nearly good enough to watch him change. Ah well. Doesn't take him too long to be ready to go, so we head out and I let him lead the way to school, since I'm not totally sure where this place is located compared to school. "Yeah, pretty much. Don't do stakeouts much, but going in and breaking up the meeting before the attack won't let us get the drop on the attacker, and who knows how a bunch of Fae are going to take me busting in anyway if I'm not saving them." I give his side a little nudge. "Hey, look at like this, its you and your girlfriend closeted up alone together at school after dark. Guys dream about that sort of thing don't they? There's just a minor matter of supernatural bullshit going on too."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene4

Gabrielle: Have you ever had much in the way of dealings with the Fae? I mean they're not exactly your typical monsters are they. And these cult assholes are trying to mess with them as well aren't you worried that you or Frankie might end up like Pete or do you think it's a fight worth having?

Frankie: "Hey kid you know what they call someone who gets involved in someone else's fight?" Doc doesn't even wait for a response "an idiot." he sighs "look kid I know you're not the smartest so I'll lay it out nice and quick these cult guys are connected they are dangerous they are not people you want to make an enemy of. Now right now they owe us for that little job I had you do. you want to throw it away that's up to you. But there will be consequences and I can't protect you from them. Look if it's about the broad there's plenty of em tall short skinny fat red-head, blond, brunette take your pick, cities full of em and most of them won't get you killed and me along with you. Just walk away ok whadda you say?"

Allison Kara is cold so very cold as you hold her close. Is this as close as anyone has ever got to you in a long while? Do you even know who you are anymore Who do you want to be? and what do you want her to be?

Kara: You feel safe for the first time in a while you feel safe. There's no David harassing you, no Sharona going insane, no-one, just the two of you alone in a perfect moment. But you need to know don't you you need to ask what do you ask her? trigger your sex move What do you wish you could have asked a long time ago?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

"Of course, I'll trust you, Allie, I promise" I say with a smile as Allison takes me by the hand and leads me into my bedroom...

"That... that was amazing," I whisper to Allie, laying next to me in my bed. Things were... awkward at first, but the warmth radiating from her body, and the trust I've suddenly discovered in Allison drew me in. It's unreal how I didn't realize how much I care for her. I feel whole, suddenly complete, after a long stretch of just feeling hollow and cold and broken. A smile on my face, I take a few deep breaths, just enjoying the moment and the residual heat we made together.

Gonna go ahead and clear her Freezing condition... still Cold tho

I look around my sad little bedroom. Old wallpaper, a beaten desk my mom and I found on the sidewalk last summer... a few posters of my favorite bands. I realize that I haven't had a friend in here in... years. Since elementary school, probably. This room... it's the real me. Beaten, worn, but functional. And with Allison in here with me, it finally feels like a place I want to be. A place I can fix up. A place that needs fixing up. But finally I have the confidence to invest in it, instead of just floating on by, ignoring everything. My eyes suddenly latch onto a newspaper clipping thumb-tacked to the wall... from a few months back... about a dead girl in the park... and my heart freezes. Will Allison notice? What will she think when she finds out the truth? Or... maybe she... wouldn't even care...

"Do... do you think that something can be fixed, no matter how broken it is?" I find myself asking softly, quietly. Where did that come from? I think... but I know the answer. Allison... she's already done so much for me... but am I too broken for her to mend? Or... maybe I'm not too far gone. Even now, even... dead. I choke a bit... thinking about her possible answer. It may be best to just... let her go... if she doesn't want something so broken.

Allison gets to ask Kara a question as well.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 4

David: You listen quietly in the hope of hearing something. But there's nothing the thing? the man? grunts and turns his back to you. You hear a rustle of movement a faint one that you couldn't be quite sure you heard and your eyes are drawn to something that glints in the darkness. Is that a gun? as you stare you noticed it's held by someone wearing a mask that obscures his face. He seems utterly oblivious to your presence as he raises the gun and takes aim at Caitlin, What do you do? Do you shout a warning? or do you take more direct action? or do you just stay out of it?

Caitlin Something's not right here. They're stalling. Your parents shift uncomfortably as you wait struggling to think of a question. The old courtier shifts uncomfortably as if he wasn't expecting a delay. Your instincts are screaming that's something is wrong what do you do?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Hot: 0 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: 1

Gabrielle has me take the lead as we leave the gym, guess she doesn't know the neighborhood that well. "Pretty sure the guys that have those dreams don't get girlfriends. Especially ones this beautiful." Geez that still feels weird to say, I wonder if that feeling will go away? We make a little bit of pointless conversation on the way over, just something to settle the nerves. If we weren't on our way to go fight some crazy cult, I could almost believe we were just a normal couple, out on a date. I wish I could hold Gabrielle's hand, but the wraps make that too awkward sadly.

It's not too long before the school starts to come into view, the flagpole poking up over the buildings. Then Doc pipes up. Even if I wasn't dating her, Doc, I'd still be doing this! I can't let a friend head into something like this all on their own! Especially not now that I know how these guys deal with people! If I'd known this morning what I know now, I'd have said no to that job. I thought that I was doing some work for a friend of yours, not some loving murder cult! My mind is made up here Doc, so if you're gonna keep trying to get me to leave then just shut up until I ask for some help.

(6:47:41 PM) ShootaBoy: Shut Down Doc
(6:47:45 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6-1
(6:47:46 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 11-1 = 10
(6:47:50 PM) ShootaBoy: holy poo poo
Doc loses a String on me.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Heh. Thanks~" So weird to think I actually have a relationship. But nice. Since holding hands didn't work too well, I hoked my arm around Frankie's as we made our way to school. Fae are... Basically not something I deal with, for the most part. One or two have gone on a rampage that I've had to stop, but, otherwise they stay out of the kind of stuff I'm dealing with. Weird inter-monster politics are a lot different from things hunting down humans to eat, or whatever. I'm not super worried about Frankie since he has his magic friend backing him up and I'll be there to keep him safe.

The real problem is going to be if I need to do anything weird to get here. Like some kind of Fae alternate dimension, or something. But if we get there early enough I should be able to watch them shift over, or just... head in normally, depending. "Your friend know anything about this?" I don't know how in touch this guy is, but if he does he might be able to give us some useful info.

Stepping around the corner to approach the school I see a Limo, and ... David, pressed up against a corner of the wall a bit further down. David? What the hell is he doing here? "shh." I hold up a finger to my lips, and approach David from behind slowly. He can't be a Fae, he's too stupid, and he can't be the assassin because Pete said they brought him in from out of town. So what was he doing here? And what was with the limo?

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Blamed, Neglected, Guilty

I keep watching, and I don't know, things seem kind of... tense? Like maybe some of them are stalling, and the others are noticing but not really noticing that and, well, things seem kind of tense is what I'm saying. I duck back because, I feel I can't breathe deeply when I'm watching them, although that's stupid. Still I feel better when they can't see me, this whole thing is so weird. I mean, a sword? I start to peek around the corner and - and I see someone else. Or maybe I heard something and that's why I looked that way but... who is that? Is he watching them too and, and... why is he wearing a mask? And then I see that glint and my heart starts beating faster, so fast it seems it wants to jump up my throat and, and... that is a gun!

Oh god, oh poo poo, oh poo poo. Time seems to slow down, but it's like I'm frozen and my mind is the only thing moving normally. All I can do is watch and helplessly be battered by the thoughts and the fear in my head. Why does he have a gun, what have I gotten myself into, why won't I move, how did this all turn so wrong?! This isn't supposed to happen! I know Chicago is, uh, the murder capital of the US but... uh.... oh poo poo. He's raising up the gun, he's going to shoot me! I, I - why am I not moving?! But he's not aiming at me, he doesn't even know I'm here, thank god. Oh, oh poo poo, is he aiming at... Caitlin? I feel hot and cold at the same time and stupidly, embarrassed at how paralyzed I am. I can't help it, I'm afraid, okay?

I should do something, I have to do something, but all I can feel is the sweat on my brow. Come on, David, you have to do something! Be a man! Aw man, did I seriously just think about that being all action hero and macho isn't all there is to being a man, so I don't need to pay attention to what ignorant things others say about me and - not now! I have to do something! But, but what if he shoots at me instead? Oh god, oh god, oh god... I can't just, I can't just do nothing! Caitlin doesn't deserve this and... and...

<nil_> David Hold Steady
<nil_> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 9-1 = 8
Keeping cool.

This is not the time to throw up again, even though my side aches and I'm not sure whether I'm internally bleeding - still or again? - and I just want to run away and curl up somewhere safe. But no! I have to do something! I look around and there is a... soda can somebody threw away. Looks like it's still full... maybe it was expired? Not important! I pick it up, and I'm not even sure what I am doing - or if it's still me doing it, it's like I am moving through a dream, playing out a role somebody else has written for me. It's the only way I can explain that I step out from behind my hiding spot, into the last remaining sunlight, in full view of Caitlin and that guy with the sword and the other two that brought Caitlin here. And the guy with the gun. My heart is hammering in my chest a mile a minute, like it wants to run away, away from the crazy body that has decided to become suicidal.

But somehow, it feels like all of that, my heart and my brain have taken a backseat to something else that's telling me what to do. I pull back the arm holding the can - if coach Greene could see me now - and I take aim at the masked shooter. "Hey!" Oh god, what am I doing? I am going to die! But that other thing that's in the driver's seat doesn't care for me being scared for my life - and instead, it makes my arm dart forward, throw the can... and actually hit the guy in the face, exploding soda all over him! Caitlin and the others must be looking by now, and I guess with the sunlight behind me I might be looking far more heroic than a can-throwing guy scared out of his wits.

<nil_> David Lash Out
<nil_> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 8-1 = 7
Deal 1 harm to Gun Assassin, Gun Assassin gains 1 string on David.

<nil_> David Turn On Caitlin
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 5+2 = 7
Promise/symbolic string/give self?

For a second, I actually bask in my performance, for a second, I feel invincible - like I am some hero that I always thought only exists on TV. And then reality comes crashing in and I realize I just threw something at someone with an actual gun. What am I doing?! "Aaaaah!" I turn around and scramble away, I don't want to die! I don't even look back, my only thought of getting away from that gun, the threat of it, the sick question in my mind what it would feel like to be shot? Just run away and... I crash into someone and fall back onto my behind! Oh god, did he catch up with me?! Is he going to shoot me, execution style? I'm too young to die! I look up and...uh. "Gabrielle?!" And... Frankie? What is going on?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Desperate, Superior
Something about this place is making me really, really nervous. Like... it's not just Pan's McLabyrinth making sure to act (and look, he's like a desiccated leaf twisted into the shape and mockery of a person) extra creepy and leering, nor or is the prospect of getting engaged to whoever the hell he represents. It's like I know something is incredibly wrong here, but I'm just not sure what it is!

Suddenly there's a noise nearby, a ruckus and then profanity and a surprisingly girly shout, and like... it's bad manners, but I look away to see who the hell's lurking around here after hours when I see it. I see what's wrong. Guy over there, with a gun, mask, and uh... yikes.

<Rauri> Caitlin Hold Steady
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10 + 1 = 11
Taking a forward

Maybe it's fortunate that my life's so hosed up, because whoever this guy is, he doesn't phase me. He had a gun pointed towards us and still kinda does, but that's really not what matters here. What matters is that he's yet another test I have to ace, because as always, the penalty for failure is death. And I've been mentally steeling myself for meeting this stupid betrothed of mine and, honestly, death parting us early might not be such a bad deal for me.

Will admit to being surprised at seeing David, who I notice a split second after this drenched gunman. He's... helping? Well he was at any rate, and yeah - that kid just earned himself a golden ticket. Not a literal one, unless that's what he wants of course, but yeah, saving my life (possibly) is a pretty good way to earn my, or literally anybody else's, favor. Guess he's far less of a spaz than I thought, or perhaps spazs are more useful than I imagined.

Internally promising to give him a boon asap.

Whatever the case, I've got like a second before I get shot, so decision time. Plan A, I charge him right this second and kick him dead center and then try and grab that stupid gun. Plan B, I just sort of cower here and let him shoot us. Going with A, so yeah, thank goodness it's not far to him. If I wasn't really calm it'd be hard to run in heels and a dress, but I'm incredibly coordinated so I manage it - no big deal or anything. Landing about two feet away from him after my last step, I put all my momentum and desperation into this heel to the chest. Hope it hurts you murderous jerk.

<Rauri> Caitlin Lash Out
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7 = 7
<Rauri> hooray for that Hold Steady forward >_>
Dealing a harm, he gets a string.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

....Did David just throw a can of soda at someone and then come dashing right towards us? It looks like he was too focused on getting away from whoever he just attacked for no reason to watch where he was going, because he runs right into me and bounces off to hit the ground. "What do you think you're doing?!" I've had enough of his bullshit. Stepping forward I grab him by the collar and head back in the direction he'd come from.

Dragging him along, I step out around the corning and call out loudly, "I got hi-oly poo poo!" Caitlin just charged and kicked a guy with a gun what the hell was going on! That guy has a loving gun what did I just get myself into! I was expecting some weird magic assassin not someone with a loving gun will my magic even help me against guns? I don't have time to think about this or he'll start killing people! Instead I throw the first thing at hand -David- at the guy.

<godfish> lash out at guy with gun
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8
Deal harm, he can deal one back at me if he wants
also, as per Smiting, he takes 2 harm

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

This is absolutely the closet I've been to someone for... well, ever. I've dated before, but never gotten to this point, and... never wanted to. Even before I knew what I was, I never felt like this for anyone before. I didn't feel needed, just... there. An accessory. So even with the coldness of Kara's skin, I feel warmer than I have before. Which... is wrong, right? I know David likes her, and I did this anyway, with... no dating, no actual friendship besides a 10 minute conversation in a diner. It doesn't feel earned, it feels almost like I took advantage of her...

I look distracted (because I am) and only barely hear her question, have to echo it around in my mind to make sense of it. "I, uh... I think it has to be, right?" I answer, almost as much for myself as for her. "I mean... yeah. Doesn't matter how broken it is, anything can be fixed." Even I can, and Kara... well, she came back from being murdered. Or is she saying there's something more, that she didn't come back whole? That's something I hadn't considered, something that scares me.

"What makes you think you're broken?" is the obvious follow-up question to that, and I wait with bated breath for her answer!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I stare at Allison for a few seconds, completely unsure of what to say. Of even how to say it. I'm dead. I died. My body is six feet under, rotting away while I continue onward with whatever you are when your body is gone. It's that easy, right?

But it's not. Because when I really think about it, my death isn't what's wrong with me. Sure, it changed me, makes me float sometimes, or float through things. But… no. That's not why I'm broken. I avert my gaze, scared to even look at her. I move away, get off the bed, grab a blanket and cover myself as I put my back against the wall and sink down into a crouch until I'm hugging my knees, sitting in the fetal position. I told her that I'd trust her, right? I promised her. And… she thinks I can be fixed. So… here goes.

“I…” Oh god I can't do this. Nope this is way too hard. But then I look up and see Allison looking back at me, concerned, loving… everything I've always wished I could have. I blink, then look down at my toes and continue. “Uh… I was… my mom's boyfriend… attacked me. He, uh, he was drunk and… we were over in Bogan Park, walking home.”

I stop for a second, choking back tears, then continue. “He always… I dunno he was always friendly… but I never thought that… and I'd never do that to my mom, but… he… he started hitting on me and… touching me and… and t-then he grabbed me a-and…”

Every word feels like acid as it comes out of my mouth, a betrayal against all I've tried to hold in over the last few months. I want to go on, I want to tell the whole story, to confide fully in Allie, but all of it feels so painful, like ripping off bandages and digging into old wounds. I shudder and hold myself tightly, afraid to look at Allie, afraid to see what she sees in me… disgust, disbelief… rejection… I sob, struggling to continue with everything I have in me, my teeth rattling with every syllable, “S-so I r-ran and h-he chased a-after m-me and he c-caught me a-and he hit m-me and h-hurt me and l-left me there… h-he…” he killed me “he…” say it “he…..” SAY IT!

“He killed me.”

Ending triggers
Allison gains the Morbid condition
Kara rolls to turn her on targeting the condition
Roll = 5
Hard Move

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

:siren:Scene 5:siren:

David: What the hell? you're trying to be a hero and Gabrielle is still treating you like a jerk. Before you can even react she grabs you by the collar and throws you back in the direction of the gunman who is still trying to take aim at Caitlin the two of you go over in a mighty tumble and the gun goes flying off and bounces just out of reach. The gunman reaches feebly for it but with how bad his injuries are he's struggling to orientate himself. Looks like he's out of the fight for the time being. The old guy? from earlier comes and picks you up off the ground, what does he say to you as he does so? What do you do now?

Gabrielle: Quick thinking there but not quick enough throwing David leaves you off balance and you fall to the floor awkwardly, you'll have a nasty bruise their in the morning. Is this the first time you've ever fought anyone with a gun? Do supernatural types tend to go in for that sort of thing anyway? Either way by the time you pick yourself up it looks like the immediate danger is over. You notice everyone looking at you oddly. You realise you've just "outed" yourself to half your class What do you do?

take one harm

Caitlin: Your heel kicks him hard in the chest but you might as well have kicked a brick wall for all the good it does, the gunman looks at you and continues to raise his weapon at you in what feels like slow motion.... till David barrels into the back of him again and sends the gunman falling. As the adrenaline rush starts to fade you look around and realise you've attracted quite the crowd, Where did they all come from? What do you do?

Frankie "Hell kid no need to bite my head off like that. Just trying to keep you out of trouble that's all." Doc replies, You run up behind Gabrielle and see a man writhing on the floor with both Gabrielle and Caitlin standing over him looking very angry. "poo poo wasn't expecting gunplay," Doc says "I was hoping for something a little more old fashioned I could see you getting your fists into." You can feel Doc looking out through your eyes again "Listen kid this is important, these Dawn lunatics are dangerous if they get word you were involved it could be your head and mine on the chopping block. Not that I have a head these days but you get the idea. So it's vital that whatever happens this assassin doesn't get to walk away to talk to his bosses about us if you know what I mean." Do you think you could be that ruthless? What are you going to do?

Doc will spend a string on you to offer you an XP to kill the Assassin

Kara: "He killed me," you hear yourself say almost muffled and faint. Then you are lost in your memories. You close your eyes for a moment and when you open them you feel his arm around your neck strangling you. No he can't be here, he can't be doing this to you again can you. Not while Allison is watching. Not while you have something you want to live for. What do you do to fight him off?

Enter Darkest Self

Allison "He killed me." Oh god she can't mean.... I mean you suspected something was up right but is that worse than what you were expecting? Then in an instant it's like she was gone. Like she was never there, only the quickly fading warmth of her touch reminding you what you shared. What do you do now?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Yeah of course its my first time fighting someone with a gun. Werewolves don't often go around packing heat, they have their own heat, or something. I pick myself up, wincing slightly, and take in the new situation. Item: Gunner is unconscious. Item: People are staring at me. Okay. I stare down at my hands and breathing hard, then over at the gunner, and mutter (in a carrying voice) "jesus, adrenaline is a hell of a drug..."

Then my eyes settle on David. Oh poo poo. I just threw David at a guy with a gun. David threw the thing at the gunner. Oh poo poo. He might be a complete shitstain of a person, but I wouldn't try to get someone shot normally. I hurry over to him and try to offer him a hand up, but this guy is already picking him up -who are these people anyway- and I end up pointlessly supporting his shoulder and making vague gestures of reassurance while I talk over the older guy, "You are alright David holy poo poo I wasn't thinking at all I just saw the gun and freaked! That was seriously my bad, you're alright, right?" I'm babbling. Forcing myself to concentrate, I shake my head. "What the hell's going on?" I turn to Caitlin, "Are you alright? You didn't get shot either? Who are these people? Why does that guy have a sword?"

<godfish> turn on David(!)
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+1 = 8

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Desperate, Superior

Oh wow, there are a lot of people here. An awful lot of people, and to make things even worse I know almost all of them. This isn't good, even if I'm not about to be shot anymore. Speaking of, that gun seems to have slid across the concrete, and no one seems to be paying all that much attention to it but me...

Alright, with the adrenaline fading as I gasp a time or two, staring at these new players on the stage still in a state of semi-shock, at least I've got a handle on who all's here. My parents, of course, who I am very, very much hoping are kind of proud of me charging an armed person and beating them up. Not by myself, mind you, but only because of our intruders. Then we've got the gunman, who's down, David, who switches back and forth between competent and crappy so quickly it's astonishing, then Gabrielle who I actually like, and Frankie who... is here, I guess.

While my Father helps David up, while Gabrielle yells at him, while mother and the courtier glare at the gunman, I start to make my move. Only Gabby notices what I'm up to and says anything to me, which I wave away with a smile that doesn't fit the situation - while I walk over to grab the gun off the ground. Given that my parents are definitely willing to kill me, and another mortal just having tried - I can't trust it to anyone else here, now can I? "I have no idea Gabby, isn't it crazy? Is David OK? You should check on him."

Reaching down, I grab the gun, then spin back to face everyone else - just a tiny bit more of a smile on my face. It's heavier than I figured it'd be, but the jerk that was using it never got a chance to fire - ergo, there's got to be at least one bullet ready to go, right? Enunciating clearly and speaking loud enough for everyone here to "Soooo... let's all calm down, alright?" That's quite easy for me to say while I've got the gun, which is always what makes it such an ideal demand. The last thing I need is for any of these idiots to attract more attention to us.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 3/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Blamed, Neglected, Guilty

Wait, wait, Gabrielle grabs me at my collar - I want to be surprised at that, but I'm not. At least I'm away from that guy with the gun and Frankie is around, right, and... wait, no, she's dragging me back there! "What are you-" Oh god no! I struggle, but I must be too stressed out or something, because Gabrielle is just lugging me around like I'm made out of nothing. Is that the guy with the gun behind us? Why is Frankie not doing something? Doesn't he see Gabrielle is trying to, I don't know, kill me? Wait, what is she doing? Is she lifting me up, how can she lift me up just like that, I'm not this light and-

"Aaaaaaah!" I fly through the air, and it's not really enough time to think about what is happening, which is Gabrielle throwing me towards the guy with the gun! I hit something soft, and then for a moment, it's just a mess of tangled limbs and me flopping onto the ground and something sliding over the ground which I really really hope is the gun. Because I still don't want to die! I force open my eyes, even though I kind of just want to lay here, but I can't - I can feel that other guy next to me and he's going to grab me or get the gun or stab me with some knife in just a second and I have to get away!

So I try to get on my feet, but it doesn't work out and I trip, so I try to scramble away on all fours, just have to get away! Wait, uh... somebody is holing their hands out to me, like they want to help me up? I pause for a moment and look back. Huh. It looks like that guy with the gun, and he doesn't have the gun anymore, is out cold. He's... he's just out cold, right? He's not dead or anything? I swallow. I didn't kill him, or, well, Gabrielle didn't kill him with me? Someone clears their throat next to me, sounding annoyed, and I don't know what it is, but my head automatically snaps to look at them - and it's who offered their hand to me. It's that older guy that Caitlin came here with?

"You must be one of Caitlin's... friends." Why is he saying that last word like it's something that, I don't know, he'd put gloves on before touching it. Still, I take his hand and he pulls me up - why is everyone so much stronger than they look around me? He gives me a smile without any real warmth in it. "I believe tradition would dictate otherwise, but for now the only hand I offer to you is my own, and only in a literal sense." What? "Though I am sure we will be able to find compensation equivalent to your..." He raises his eyebrows and looks me up and down - is he mocking me? "...efforts."

"Uuuuuh." This is so weird. Everything is so weird, including me being stumped by this of all things and not the guy with the gun or almost dying! "Thanks?"

But now there's someone else supporting my shoulder and reassuring me, and you know what, it's nice - because if I had almost died and nobody had cared, again, well, I don't know! And I know Frankie said something about me 'touchy-feely', but there's nothing wrong with me just feeling better if I have someone close to me, alright? That's not weird! I turn around to face whoever it is with a grateful smile and - it's Gabrielle?! She tried to kill me! Or maybe she didn't and just used me as a projectile, like I'm not even a person, and I'm not sure which option is worse! I could even understand that she was... misinformed earlier, but that's just wrong! But... she seems genuinely like she wants to apologize, and when she's not beating me up or dragging me around, I always thought she was pretty nice and... and I do want to yell at her, but maybe now's not the time?

Gabrielle gains a string on David.

So I just hold my side, because it still hurts, and look at my feet. "Sure, I'm fine." Okay, that came out a little sulky. But she already has moved on to Caitlin, which, okay, she was the one who was going to get shot at. Oh, what is she doing? Ah, she's picking up the gun, of course! I should have thought of that, because, you know how it always is in the movies: they knock out the bad guy, but nobody checks them or ties the bad guy up, instead they go to post-fight chatting or hugging and then, oh no! While everyone was distracted, the bad guy got up again and has the gun nobody bothered to take away and he gets in one final shot, most of the time shooting the least threatening, harmless character which in our case would be... What is Caitlin doing?!

She's pointing the gun at us, well, or rather, waving it around like it's a toy, and telling us to to calm down. I would yell at myself inwardly about what is going on for the thousandth time today, but right now, I'm just afraid. I thought I was safe again, and I think I could relax and maybe think about getting to Kara in time again, but looks like I am in mortal danger still! But, but Caitlin is not going to do anything, right? She's just as confused as me, and it's just that she's trying to deal with it by trying to take control, right? Even if it's... by pointing a gun at people...

I swallow.

<nil_> David Hold Steady
<nil_> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 7-1 = 6
+1 from condition 'Desperate' for a result of 7.
Keeping cool.
Marking XP from highlighted stat 'Cold'.

She's not going to... just start shooting. Right? Right. "Caitlin, please... please put the gun down. Guns don't help people calm down." Man, that sounds stupid. "You're safe now, so, there's no need for that." I try my most reassuring smile, and I think I manage. I have a lot of practice, though it's not like anyone tries to be nice to me when I freak out. But I need to get a hold of myself and try to look confident, like I know what I'm talking about. Who knows what will happen if Gabrielle tries to 'deal' with this situation - Caitlin might end up in a hospital! "Come on, we can all figure this out together." I suppose I hold out my hand and it ends up a bit like striking a pose.

<nil_> David Turn On Caitlin
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 7+2 = 9
Promise/string/give self?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Morbid

I knew she was dead. I mean... I'd known it, deep down inside since I saw it in the mirror, but hearing her say it makes it real, and worse than that, I feel it, her pain, her sorrow, her disgust, as she tells me what happened, what he did to her... is this why she thinks she's broken? Because of what he did to her? The thought's enough to make me feel sick, but even that isn't as bad as when she just... disappears. Into thin air, no sign or trace or nothing!

[11:25pm] Nown: Hold Steady
[11:26pm] Nown: !roll 2d6-1
[11:26pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 11-1 = 10
Asking GM 'How can I help Kara feel fixed'?

I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but even after that I don't freak out, at least not visibly, not violently. I stand still, breathing heavy, eyes darting for any sign whatsoever of Kara, anything in the corner of my eye, any hint or whiff of emotion I can track... anything at all... "Oh, Kara..." I say, quiet. "Please, please, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. Please come back..."

• Locked thread