Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +3 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Desperate, Superior

David makes a compelling case, and it's clear he's worried. He wants me to put the gun down - and for a moment, I consider it. He looks so earnest, so clearly concerned...

Giving David a string.

But what would my parents do? They're right here, that has to be my foremost concern. Getting talked into trading away an advatange by a peasant... I doubt they'd approve. It's a pity, I kinda want to - but like everything else in my life, I gotta play this cool. So yeah, the gun doesn't drop one bit. If anything, I've got it raised higher, ready to go until I know I'm safe. I don't know when that'll be - I'll know it when I feel it - but until then, yeah, I've got the gun.

"I don't feel safe," I tell David, gesturing towards him and my two other classmates that've suddenly arrived out of nowhere. While I may be friends with Gabby, I've no idea what she's doing associating with a clown like Frankie - and she doesn't rank ahead of my parent's approval. Coldly, I'm staring David down, clearing my throat and then enunciating clearly.

"Not sure why any of you are here - but my parents and I have things handled. You should all leave in case things are still dangerous somehow." That somehow is me, and me pointing the gun at him to keep him back is definitely the danger. Flicking my hair back with my other hand, I glance from person to person, fairly confident things are about to go my way. At the minimum I'm definitely making an impression on David.

<Rauri> Shut Down David
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9 + 1 = 10
Taking a string

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Hot: 0 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1
Harm 1/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions: Cold

There. I said it. I breath. I'm alive. I finally trusted in somebody else. And I finally look up at her. I want to see what she thinks, how she feels with this truth, with my reality. She's looking back at me with such concern, and she's so beautiful, and with what we just went through. I almost don't notice it at first, a brightening of the room, a white fuzz on the corners of my vision. A numbness sinking into my fingers and toes.

It grows suddenly, quickly. I reach out to Allison, but I'm nowhere near strong enough to fight whatever it is that is taking me over. And suddenly I can feels hands on me, grabbing me, pushing me, reaching for my neck. The whiteness envelops me, surrounds me. My bedroom disappears... Allison disappears. "No...," I call out, desperate, fading. The sudden smell of grass enters my nose, and dirt, and sweat, and him. Fingers wrap around my neck, tightening. The bright light from the street post is blinding me, but then his silhouette blocks it out, as he cuts off my air supply. I'm at the park, dying, again.

"No!" I scream, fighting, struggling. I reach my hands up, flailing at his, weakly trying to break his grasp on my neck. The fog comes again, this time more sinister, more... permanent, I can sense somehow. My body is weakening, I can feel myself start to give up. I only have the energy for one last effort to escape. Just like last time, I reach out and grab him, then shove my knee into his crotch.

13:25 Ferg Kara lash out physically
13:25 Ferg !r 2d6-1
13:25 Krysmbot Ferg, 7-1 = 6
13:25 Ferg welp I died again
Hard Move

But it isn't enough, and he's still strangling me... there's nothing I can do... this is it. This is the end.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: 0 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: 1
Harm: 1/4 Exp: 6/5 Conditions:

Wow. It's amazing just how quickly everything went to poo poo!

One second we're sneaking up and then there's a guy with a gun and David and Caitlin and a whole bunch of other people and then Caitlin has the loving gun and she's pointing it at all of us and David couldn't get it off her and Doc wants me to kill a guy and gently caress. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress!

No. Shut the gently caress up. Now is not the time to worry. It's the time to do something. There's someone with a gun pointed in the general direction of my girlfriend... and David too, I guess. Also, as much as I hate it, Doc kinda has a point about the would be assassin. If he tells his bosses about me, then I might end up like Pete. Or they might come after Gabrielle! poo poo, I never thought of that. Now he really can't leave here. Time to think Frankie, I can't just go over and... off him. I could maybe... maybe, do it if he was trying to kill someone, but not when he's just there. Taking that XP.

Ok, gotta figure out what I have to work with here. If that guy is from the cult, then these other people must be the Fae that Gabrielle was talking about. ...Not quite what I was expecting to be honest. Sword guy looks sorta like what I was expecting, but I figured there'd be more... I dunno, more magical looking stuff? Isn't that how it always is in the stories? These are just kinda normal people. Wait... Sword Guy. I think I can work with that, since I don't think any of those fae will take to kindly to somebody trying to kill them. I hope this works.

"Um, could we maybe put this whole gun thing on hold for a minute? Just until somebody deals with that guy. Y'know, before he calls some friends or pulls out another gun or something?" When I reach 'somebody' I make eye contact with Sword Guy, and I tap Doc for a little bit of a mental push. This really needs to work.

(2:48:21 PM) ShootaBoy: Manipulate NPC (Power Flows)
(2:48:21 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(2:48:22 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 9+2 = 11
(2:48:31 PM) ShootaBoy: another wasted string
Welp. Marking XP for Hot. I want Sword Guy to 'deal' with the shooter, his motive is to stop him doing something else dangerous. I'll pick my Advance in the OOC thread later.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 17, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: -1 | Conditions: None

Oh god what is she doing. I take a half step forward, then stop. Okay. Caitlin has the gun. She's clearly freaking the gently caress out right now about someone trying to shoot... her? One of these other people? Okay. "Alright, Caitlin." I take a second step forward, closing the gap between me and David, and slowly put my hands on his shoulders and pull him slooooowly backwards, retreating the pair of us a few feet. "David's going to step back, we're gonna give you some space. You're safe now, so why don't you lower the gun. Please?"

I really don't need to be dealing with this right now. Not when A bunch of Fae are going to show up any minute and get attacked by a magic assassin. ... Okay so theoretically I guess this assassin could be the magic assassin, and the other people here are the Fae, but... Caitlin? And what kind of magical talent kills people with a gun? Once I've retreated David a good distance away from Caitlin and the gun, I lean in towards him to whisper, "what did you see happen? Who did that guy try to shoot? Who are these people?"

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Hot: +2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: +1
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Blamed, Neglected, Guilty

For a moment, it looks like I'm getting though to Caitlin - or maybe it's just that I'm imagining it? Because, uh, someone pointing a gun at me makes me seriously nervous. Okay, terrified. But then she seems to, I don't know, clamp up after she briefly looked at the man and woman she came here with for some reason. She's being so weirdly calm, or maybe just controlled about this, this crazy situation. But, uh, maybe that at least means she's not going to just... tiwtich her finger by accident. That's, that's good right? Oh god, I just have to not think about it.

She's saying she's not feeling safe, and, obviously! But waving a gun around doesn't make people feel safe either, and the one waving the gun too! Wait, those are her parents? Uh. Shouldn't they be more concerned that someone tried to shoot her daughter? Shouldn't they be the ones trying to talk down their daughter, not me? "Caitlin, nobody here wants to hurt you. Uh, except that one guy, obviously." I'm sure that'd be way more convincing if I could make myself sound less afraid. Wha-huh? Oh, someone put a hand on my shoulder, and I can't help but smile. Even though I know it makes no sense, it makes me feel safer, knowing that someone has my back and...

Oh, it's Gabrielle. I...I should feel mad at her, but I don't. Right now, I just want someone to make me feel a little like things aren't as crazy as they are. So I keep smiling and let her pull me back. Oh, Frankie is here now too - and he's being all reasonable! Yeah, we should put this on hold and yeah, someone should take care of that guy, tie him up or something! I was serious when I mentioned that scene in movies where everyone thinks they've defeated the bad guy, and they all turn their back and then, well, something bad happens. I'm just happy Frankie is here now, I'm pretty sure if nobody had my back here, I would have cracked sooner than later. So I give Frankie an encouraging smile and a thumbs-up, even though it's cheesy. There's sweat on my brow from all this stress, so maybe that's why I throw my head back a little when I do that.

<nil_> David Turn On Frankie
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 10+2 = 12
No mechanical effect.

Oh, right, Gabrielle. She's not going to... somehow blame me for all of this? For a second, I go tense - what if she hits me again, or throws me at Caitlin, or something? Oh, no, she's just asking me reasonable questions. Well, uh, you know, reasonable for this insane situation. "Well, I saw that guy with the gun and at the start, I thought, no way am I getting involved in this, but..." I scratch behind my ear. "He was aiming at Caitlin, and, I... threw something and then tried to run away and... then you were there. And Frankie!" I look towards the other adults gathered around. Didn't Gabrielle hear what Caitlin said? "Those two are Caitlin's parents, I guess. And, uh, that guy... has a sword..." I shrug, weakly, and it should be clearly that I have no idea beyond that. But then, I pull myself together and smile at her. "I'm happy you are here. You and Frankie. I mean, what you did before was..." I trail off. "But right now, I'm happy you're here."

<nil_> David Turn On Gabrielle
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 6+2 = 8
Promise/symbolic string/give self?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 5

Frankie "Smart kid," Doc almost sounds proud. "you used your head for something other than holding up your hair. Never do your own dirty work when you can get someone else to do it for you. And never piss people off unless you have a drat good reason." You watch as the old guy walks over and draws his sword and in one smooth move slams it hard into the assassins chest with surprising strength. How do you feel? I mean you just killed a man, or caused him to die at least even if no one else knows. You do."Gotta go kid got some other business to attend to but you did good you know." Doc interrupts What do you do now?

David: "young man a word in private." the man interrupts you . Caitlins father you think although they have very little resemblance to each other. He leads you to one side not giving you an option to say no. He looks at you appraisingly and lets the silence stretch. "Today nearly saw years of plans go up in smoke and yet they didn't you saved my daugh skin and I am in your debt. Like I said there is a very traditional reward that stands here. Unfortunately it is not mine to give... yet. But if there is some reward you desire for your actions today name it and I promise I will do all I can to get it for you. Money? I can have a check wired to your account right now. A car? I can have it delivered to your home in the morning. One of these new-fangled computer things? I can get you the latest one hot off the shelf." he says. So what do you really want more than anything else? and dare you ask for it?

Gabrielle: What a mess. What a god-drat mess. David dragged off before you can ask him any more questions and Caitlin holding a gun and looking like she really wants to use it on someone. Probably not you but with how crazy tonight's been do you really trust your luck? What do you do to defuse the situation? Frankie seems lost in a world of his own so it's up to you. A man is already dead after all. Maybe you can stop anyone else from following him.

Caitlin: You hold the gun in your hands somewhat surprised to see that they're not shaking. Your in complete control here. No one and I mean no one can tell you what to do. So who is Caitlin when no one is controlling her? Do you want to go home with your parents or don't you trust them anymore after this? after all they nearly got you killed for this stupid meeting and for what they still haven't told you. What do you do?

Kara: His arm wraps around your neck again and you feel the breath leave your lungs. And your eyes close. NO this cannot be happening again and again and again. How many more times will you have to die before it will stick. You pass out into sweet merciful oblivion....

You awake in a fog. No ground no air no sky. Just gray fog. Where the hell you are you don't know, how you got here you don't know. "Nice try girl" a voice says behind you. "but if you go for the balls you need to have a follow up strike. Think two or three moves ahead of your opponent and you've already beaten him." You spin round but there's no one there. "free advice relax it won't cost you anything." the voice sighs "Look girl I can get you out of this mess but it's gonna cost you. I help you out you help me out. Do we have a deal?" The voice continues "Or you can find your own way out. It's not hard just follow the same way you came in Whadda you say?"

Allison Kara is gone. Gone without a trace. Almost like she was never there. Things begin to crash down around you. Books childhood toys, the closet swings open of it's own volition. And for a brief moment you hear a scream and everything stops returns to normal and you hear nothing but the familiar the safe. That's it! Kara needs to feel safe when David was harassing her she didn't feel safe. When she was murdered by someone she trusted she didn't feel safe... when she thought you didn't couldn't know what she was she didn't feel safe. You need to find something do something to make her feel safe. As you are casting about for answers your phone rings. An unfamiliar number. Do you answer it or is Kara the most important thing right now?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Harm 1/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions: Cold

His fingers around my neck just continue to tighten, my hands flailing uselessly against them... then against him... then against the ground. I arch my back in one last attempt to get him off me, but it's no use. Just give up... this is what was supposed to happen anyway. You never were supposed to be alive. You are dead... and now... finally... maybe it'll stick. I collapse, embracing the coldness flowing through me. I can feel my lungs shutting down, my heart losing strength, my brain fraying away. Darkness finally surrounds me... I fade into it... willingly.

*Gasp*

I awake... where am I? Am I still alive? I'm laying on the ground. My eyes fly open, only to see... nothingness. A grey, rolling fog... What is this? Is this heaven? Or... hell? Or is this just where people go when they die and don't do stupid things like come back?

Instinctively, I reach up to my neck, feeling for damage, for bruises. Nothing... Does that just mean that my most recent death didn't happen? Or... that I'm now just really dead? I cough... then breathe. Then breathe again. God... that hurt so much. I roll onto my side, then onto my hands and knees, relief flooding through me, just to be out of whatever that was. And then... sadness overtakes me. Loneliness.... oh god... what just happened?

Allison... Where did you go? Where did I go? For once... for loving once I had somebody I liked, and who liked me back. Somebody I could be honest with and trust. And then I go and die again? How is that fair? How is that loving... what the hell was the point of all this?! My eyes start to water and I'm crying again, again over something I've lost... and will likely never get back. I had love... real love. And it's gone... she's gone... and all I want is to hold her again, to touch her, even just to see her. "Allison..." I cry to nobody.

After a while, the tears stop, and I realize that nothing is changing. Just grey fog rolling around me... at least there's no fingers wrapping themselves around my neck. I stand, shivering... it's cold here, wherever this is. And I'm still in the sweatpants and t-shirt I threw on after being with Allison. I kick at the ground... some sort of strange gravely texture, the kind you'd find on a baseball field, ironically enough. Only it's grey too, grey and featureless and dusty. I look around for a second... no features to walk towards. I randomly pick a direction and start shuffling, until a voice calls out to me from somewhere.

Whoever this is... they're dangerous. Clearly, aware of what I just went through... and of who I am. I can't tell where the voice is, but I don't respond. I don't know that they know where I am... I crouch down. Maybe they are trying to find me... to hurt me. The voice offers me a deal. They know the way out... but they want something from me. And that's if they're telling the truth. I remain silent... thinking. A way out for myself? The same way I came? My hand snakes up to my throat again... a sob escapes my lips as I remember the hands that were just wrapped around my neck. I'd do anything to not go through that again... but can I trust this person. What if they have worse things in mind?

I think for a few seconds, then stand back up. Hesitant, but certain of at least one thing. I need to get back. I need to get back to Allison. Choosing my words carefully, I call out in the direction I think the voice is coming from. "What do you mean... that it's gonna cost me? I... I don't have anything! I'm empty!"

Slowly, I get more sure of myself. I need to get back to Allison, and this person is going to show me the way. Wherever this foggy place I am is, this voice knows it, and knows it well. And has me trapped here... to convince me to join them. gently caress them if they want to use me that way. No... I'm going to get out... whatever it takes. I wipe off my tears, then stand tall and shout, "Yeah... empty! Which means there's nothing that you can do to me to scare me. But you... you hide and you talk like you know me... like you know what I've been through. You don't know anything. You want something, well I want something too. But not like this. Show your face... or are you too scared?"

16:50 Ferg Kara shut down Doc
16:50 Ferg !r 2d6+1
16:51 Krysmbot Ferg, 7+1 = 8
Kara and Doc lose a String on each other (I don't think they have any)
Kara gives Doc the Scared condition
Doc gives Kara a condition

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Blamed, Neglected, Guilty

Caitlin's father wants to talk to me, and it's kind of funny how suddenly all these people want to have my ear, I mean, even Gabrielle was nice. I suppose I kind of... maybe helped save Caitlin's life? Although with how calm she seems with waving that gun around, it doesn't feel like she ever was in danger. He somehow ... pulls me away from Gabrielle, all without touching me, just making me come along. I don't know what it is... maybe he's some sort of politician? Or maybe a musician? Something like that. I have a moment while listening to really look at him and... him and Caitlin don't really look alike? I mean nothing obvious, like him being Chinese or something, but just... ah, what do I know? People say I don't really look like my dad either.

What is he talking about? I thought that thing he said earlier was some kind of joke, or him just being weird because things were so messed up. But he's, uh, offering me a reward for trying to save Caitlin? I blink, and realize like I am outside my body that this whole thing is so bizarre. Things like that don't happen in real life! People don't jump in to rescue someone else and then get a reward from their grateful father, things like that don't happen... And then I realize what I am saying and I smile, pull myself up to my full height. I thought things like that don't happen and really, I was afraid that they never would - but they did, didn't they? Even though it was stupid and dangerous and I could have been really hurt, in a small way, I did something real, didn't I? Safe someone's life.

Man, I wish Kara was here to see me. Although... uh, me saving a life and her whole situation, maybe that wouldn't really be all that great. I don't know. Oh man, now I'm bummed out again. But thinking of Kara has sent my thoughts in a funny direction - what I really want to ask from Caitlin's father is something that would, well, bring me closer to Kara, and maybe help her, but... what would that be? It's not like Caitlin's dad is some magical king that can grant me any wish, and the things he offered are all money things, so really, that's a stupid thought of me. "I'm just happy I could help..." I smile somewhat lamely. And then I think of what little money I have in my pocket and how I was concerned it might not be enough for even one evening with Kara and how lovely my room in dad's apartment is and... and Caitlin's dad sounds like it'd be nothing for them, right? Even though it's seriously weird that he calls a computer 'new-fangled' - are Caitlin's parents some weird Amish thing?! - he makes it sound like he wouldn't really miss the money, right?

I brighten up, and my smile goes broad as well. "But some money would be... would really help my family out. I mean, of course I would have helped out anyway, but, uh... I mean... Caitlin is a good... I wouldn't want her to get hurt!" What am I even talking about? Somehow, I make graciously accepting something sound seriously lame. "She's a good person!" I don't even really know what I said that, maybe it's how her dad is talking about her. It's just so... well, it's not how parents are supposed to talk about their kids! Still, when I look at him, he makes the whole 'cold as ice' thing work, in a kind of aloof way, so maybe he is Caitlin's dad, because she is kind of the same occasionally... Wait, I am gazing at him with, uh, what must be a look in my eyes while running a hand though my hair!

<nil_> David Turn On (Caitlin's dad)
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 9+2 = 11
No mechanical effect.

This is weird and I'm not even sure why. I quickly pull away and look away from him, because, hoo, I haven't been paying attention to what has been going around me. Oh, hey, that guy with the sword is finally going to tie up the guy that had the gun, like Frankie suggested. He pulls back his hand - to get some rope from his pockets? N..no. He... he.... he stabbed that guy with his sword! My mouth drops open and I freeze, unmoving like a statue. He... he's dead. He has to be. Cold sweat seems to have covered my whole body in an instant and I feel faint, like I might either fall over or throw up. Oh Jesus! What, what did I get myself into?! Did I... did I get involved in some kind of gang killing? Why is nobody doing anything? Is everyone just... just okay with this? Am I the only sane one here? Is everyone insane except me?

My eyes wander by themselves, away from that... heap that a moment ago was a person and fall on Caitlin's father. And now he does not look cool, mysterious, no. Now he looks like he might cut my throat with a straight razor, and his face would be the same as now. Oh god, whay did I think that!? "I...I...." I want to be back close to Kara. Everything made more sense around her, and, and I need things to make sense again! I just... I wanted to go to the movies with Kara so much, didn't I? But really, I just want to be away from here and, and pretend none of this ever happened!

"I have to go!" And with that I turn and run.

<nil_> David Run Away
<nil_> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 7-1 = 6
MC: Hard move.
Marking XP from highlighted stat Volatile.

Unsure whether I can use Down The Rabbit Hole again; whether it is still the same situation David is sticking his nose into or if the murder counts as something new.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions:

Holy poo poo! I... I knew that was gonna happen, but seeing it... gently caress.

(9:23:05 AM) ShootaBoy: Keep it together Frankie
(9:23:05 AM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6-1
(9:23:09 AM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 9-1 = 8
I keep my cool.

No. No I can't freak out over this guy. He'd have done the same to Gabrielle if he'd had the chance, done the same to me. He had to... to die here. It had to be done. No other options. Yeah.

All of that helps take my mind off of David and his... stuff. Thank god. Then the old guy (I guess he's important?) takes him off to the side for whatever. I'm sure he'll be fine. Right now I can't really afford to be worried about David, since Caitlin kinda still has the gun pointed at Gabrielle and me. There might be some distance between us now, but I really don't wanna see if Doc can heal a bullet wound. The question is, what do we do now? That guy was probably the attack we were her to stop, so do we just leave? If it was just me here I'd have already run off, but I don't know if Gabrielle would be alright with just taking off. And then Doc fucks off to go do something else, making this situation a lot more stressful. Yeah running seems like it really needs to be plan A right about now.

I put my arm around Gabrielle's shoulders and lean in so we can talk and, hopefully, not be overheard. "Do we just leave now? 'Cause I think that guy was what we came here to stop, and he's... well. I don't know what Caitlin is doing here, but maybe we could find out when she doesn't have gun pointed at us? David's a big boy, he can take care of himself, and I don't think he's in danger anyway. My vote is for leaving, but this is your thing so you've got final say. So what's the plan?" Man, if only this was a normal date, then holding her like this would be romantic instead of practical. ...Ok maybe it's not a hundred percent for practical reasons, I don't like how David looked at her.

(9:54:25 AM) ShootaBoy: Turn On Gabrielle
(9:54:25 AM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6
(9:54:27 AM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 3 = 3
(9:54:29 AM) ShootaBoy: womp
And Frankie is back to form.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Caitlin's parents? Well, that's... something..? I'm still not sure why they're here, but... Caitlin still has the gun out and doesn't look like she's going to put it down anytime soon, or answer any questions considering I asked her who these people were and she said she didn't even know. Then I notice the way David is looking at me, and saying its nice to have me here, and. Okay look, I don't like David, I think he's a gross slimeball after the way he treated Kara, but he is attractive, and he's complimenting me, so it's perfectly normal for me to start blushing a bit, but I'm with Frankie, and its David so I'm not happy about it, so I hurry away from from with a muttered "thanks" and back towards Frankie. Luckily I don't have to deal with any more of that, since David gets pulled away by Caitlin's apparent Dad, and then he starts to run off after the guy with a sword kills the assassin. Jesus. I mean, he was an assassin, so its not like I'm broken up about it, but ughh. Couldn't have like, taken him out back or something? Nah, now we just have a corpse staining the sidewalk and uuugh. I've seen plenty of dead bodies, sad to say. Caitlin's got herself some hosed up family, is all I have to say

Okay, whatever. "Yeah..." The answer comes out slowly as I think about what Frankie has to say. "Yeah, lets go..." I look over at Caitlin. "We're just going to leave, unless you have a problem with that?" I start to walk the two of us slowly and very obviously away to give her plenty of chances to make it clear she wants us to stop so she doesn't shoot us if she does, until we're around the corner, then I start going a lot faster. "I... don't think that was actually it... Pete was sure there was magic muscle coming in... And a guy with a gun isn't magic. I think we just managed to run into a second assassination happening at the same place, somehow."

As I talk, I walk us around the building until we're on about the opposite side of the school, and there's a bit of an alley by the dumpsters, blocked off by a swinging chain fence gate that's shut and locked. What's with today and dumpsters? "Up here, come on." I flash him a smile, and start to climb up the fence, until I can climb from it onto the roof of the school. We'll be able to sit up here and watch the road, but anyone on the road shouldn't be able to see us. On the way up, Frankie gets an unintentionally good view of my butt.

<godfish> turn on frankie
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 12+1 = 13

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh. Great. There's more. Fantastic. So much for suggesting we go find a nice spot and salvage this 'date'. No, instead we have to risk our lives for these people that didn't even say 'hey thanks for saving us!' Just wonderful. It figures that I'd have the luck to stumble in on a different assassination from the one I came out to stop. I mean really? What are the odds of that?!? Hell, the odds are even crazier once you figure in that the guys doing the assassination are the guys I did a bit of work for just a couple hours ago! Small supernatural world, apparently. Go figure.

Anyway, Gabrielle leads us behind the school and up onto the roof, we need to keep this spot in mind for better times, so we can keep watch for this other assassination. I also get a very nice view on the way up, and once again I have to wonder whether my luck is very good or very bad. Maybe it's both at once. I still don't know how today started with accidental flirting and somehow still ended up with me having an insanely hot girlfriend. If my luck is good and bad does this mean something bad is due to happen? Does the whole 'stumbling into another assassination' count as the bad thing? I hope it does, getting some guy killed is enough bad to last me for a while.

No, let's not think about that. For now I'm just gonna sit here up against my girlfriend on the roof of our school, and I"m gonna enjoy that while we wait for some crazy magical bullshit to pop up and try to kill some fairies, which apparently includes one of our classmates. And while that's going on, I'm also left wondering where the voice in my head went, and if he's more dangerous than he seems. Geez what a mess I've got myself in. Nothing to do but try and make the best of it, I guess.

"What a weird date."

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hot 2 Cold -1 Vol -1 Dark 2
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Morbid

I just noticed we entered a new scene with the prompts before last, so my Cold roll in my last post would have gotten me a new advance (and Better than Nothing would have given me another XP in addition to that for having the Morbid condition) - raising my Hot by 1, to represent Allison being more confident and assertive now that she feels wanted/needed

When the poltergeist-style poo poo starts, my heart begins to hammer in my chest, and I'm almost paralyzed, trying to think of a safe place to hide... until the bedroom falls silent, and the pieces of the puzzle click together.

Make her feel safe... I almost want to laugh. How can something sound so simple and complicated at the same time? Make Kara feel safe... easy except for the fact that I'm not exactly the type of person that can make people feel safe. I mean just look at me! Do I really look like someone who can say "I'll protect you" and have people believe it? I mean... we have a thing, we definitely do, and it was real, but can I really translate it to making her feel safe?

Breathing sharply, I get dressed in a hurry, thinking all the while. I need to find her, first. If I can't do that, none of the rest matters. But at the same time, I don't know how to make sure I make her feel safe, and if I find her without having that figured out... I don't know what will happen, but I'm sure it's not good. I might need help from someone I definitely don't want help from...

Sighing, I compose a quick text. I'll have to figure out a way to get this help without blowing Kara's secret, but that at least should be easy...

To Frankie posted:

Is Gabby still crazy? I need help with something supernatural, but it's sensitive...

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

...And pretty much as soon as I say that my phone goes off, scaring the poo poo out of me. I kinda forgot I set it to vibrate in all the chaos, so I was not expecting that. I quickly dig it out and see that I've got a text from Allison. poo poo, I forgot I was gonna get Gabrielle and her to be friends again. Guess that'll have to wait a while. I read the text again. Ok maybe a long while. Anyway, I start writing a text of my own.

text to Allison posted:

Shes been fine for a while now. Ill tell her but were kinda dealing with some supernatural stuff right now so itll have to wait.

Less than a second after I hit send I remember that the Dawn Cult found Pete somehow, and that all of us were in his alley together earlier, so I start another text.

text to Allison posted:

Also watch your back. Bad guys might have seen all of us together when we were in the alley. Theyre kinda hardcore and I dont wanna see you get hurt.

With those done, I turn my head to look at Gabrielle. "I just got a text from Allison. She says she needs help with something supernatural and that it's sensitive. I told her that it'd have to wait 'cause we were in the middle of this thing. I know you two are still mad at each other, but I think you should at least find out what this is, if it's bad enough that she wants your help with it."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
"...Yeah." I let out a sigh, and shift closer to Frankie, leading up against him so I can rest my head on his shoulder. This ends rather abruptly when we both jump at the sound of his phone. His message gets another long sigh from me, but I nod. If something else supernatural is going down, I should know about it, even if I have to hear it from a traitor like Allison.

Pulling out my phone, I call her up. "What's your problem?"

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Morbid

I'm halfway through composing another text to Frankie when the phone rings, with an unwelcome contact. ...Unwelcome? We were friends yesterday. How hosed up have things gotten to be this bad, this quickly? Letting the phone ring for ten seconds, I sigh and answer. Even if she's a liar and a patronizing bitch who attacks her own friends 'for their own good', she's an expert in this field. It's why I was trying to contact her via Frankie to begin with.

"How do you track down a ghost? What do you know about ghosts in general?" I reply; she's not interested in exchanging pleasantries before we get down to business, and neither am I. The quicker this goes, the better for both of us.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"A ghost?" I frown vaguely at the horizon, not having a better thing to look at. Couldn't stick your nose into something simple, huh Allison? "That... kind of depends on the ghost. I've exorcised a few poltergeists before, and I think we've got a few who can't or won't move on but aren't a threat or anything. Who's ghost is it, how'd they die?" I pause, frowning again. "Look, I'm stuck waiting for a magic assassin to show up tonight, and this would be a lot easier in person, can it wait until tomorrow? Or at least later tonight?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 5 Cont

Allison: Is it your place to reveal Kara's secrets to someone like Gabrielle? I mean especially given what she did to you earlier and now she's babbling about exorcisms and magic. But it's Kara's only chance isn't it. Even if it would mean trusting someone you have no reason to trust. What do you do?

Kara "Scared of you?" the voice laughs, "Girl I've met scarier things than you for dinner dates and I have news for you. I ain't got a face sweetie, see stick around here long enough and you start to I dunno melt., Some sort of psychic bullshit or something I dunno I never paid much attention to that crap when i was alive and it's too late now when I'm dead. Especially since the guy I'm hooked up to is more interested in boxing monthly than the collected works of Aliester Crowley, I'm pretty much down to a voice and a well soul for want of a better description." He snorts, "Still at least if you stick around I'll have your friendly and charming personality to keep me company for as long as it lasts." "Or I could show you my tunnel out of here it's up to you, all I ask is you do one teensy tiny little favour for me. Come on girl, work with me here. " What do you do?

Doc gives you the condition "Friendly Ghost"

Gabrielle: poo poo, ghosts, now? Can this day even get any screwier? between faeries crazy old guys with swords, masked gunmen magical assassins, what's next a magical walking talking kitchen sink? Still Allison must be really desperate for your help right, Do you still feel like you owe her for the way you treated her? or do you think you should tell her to get stuffed and you have bigger problems what do you do?

Frankie: This is a weird date, most guys idea of a fun date wouldn't be to camp out on the roof of their school looking for Assassins or ghosts or whatever the problem of the next five minutes might be? Still if you could have a proper date with Gabrielle where would you take her and what would you do? What would the two of you do?

banking that hard move for now...

David: "Excellent, I love a boy who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to ask for it. The funds will be deposited in your account as soon as I can make the arrangements. Of course I expect your silence about what happened here today. Such a mess to clean up and I didn't even get what I wanted. Last thing I want or need is a third party with a loose tongue you understand? Although I'm sure a good boy like you wouldn't dream of opening his mouth would you." He smiles in an attempt to be reassuring to you, but it's the smile of a wolf about to sit down for dinner with a sheep. Yeah I don't blame you for running, might want to look where you're going a bit better next time as you run right into Henderson, Literally. "Hey David right? What's all that shouting I heard about earlier? Did something happen?" What do you say?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Harm 2/4 Exp 0/5 Conditions: Cold, Friendly Ghost

What the voice says scares me. Stuck... here? Fading away in a place like this. No, I can't! But the only way out seems like... like I need to work with the voice. This isn't fair! What the hell... everything was going so well, and now I, I'm stuck here in nowheresville with whoever this is. I shiver... it's getting colder and... and I can even feel myself start to fade a little bit, slowly, surely. I touch my fingertips together and there's a numbness there I've never experienced... like I'm getting pins and needles but without any lingering feeling... just nothingness.

I clench my fist. This is bullshit. How did I get here? And why?! It must be the voice... he wants something from me, and he is using his position to get it. So hosed up... just like... him. No, I won't do that. I won't be like that, never. And this voice, whoever it is... he's still hiding from me, claiming to be invisible or whatever. I don't buy it. No, this is just like before. And this time, he's scared of what I am.

11:47 Ferg kara unresolved trauma
11:47 Ferg !r 2d6+1
11:47 Krysmbot Ferg, 5+1 = 6
Taking advantage of the Scared condition to get a 7
The Voice gains the Blamed condition
Kara suffers 1 Harm
Marking experience

I grab my head in pain at the realization. A massive headache weighs me down, and I collapse onto one knee, hands holding me up, preventing me from falling over. I breathe... focusing on just remaining calm. gently caress this hurts... just like last time. I cringe, as wave after wave rolls between my temples, a storm as I whimper in pain.

But it passes... pain always passes. But this... wherever I am, it might be forever. I can't let that happen either. And the voice, he's controlling this, keeping me here. He already admitted that he knows the way out, some "tunnel." Do I want to give him what he wants? Hell no. But maybe I can convince him to get me out first... and I'll deal with the consequences later.

I finally find the strength to rise to my feet. I look around again, peering into the fog. Still nothing, nobody to find. But I can tell that he's here, somewhere, hiding. I muster the courage to call out. "You want something? Everybody does," I say, standing tall, "Show me that you can get me out. Then, I'll think about helping you."

12:13 Ferg Kara manipulate the Voice
12:13 Ferg !r 2d6
12:13 Krysmbot Ferg, 4 = 4
Hard move
Marking experience
Taking Vengeful advance

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 28, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 1+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Morbid

I hesitate, because it sure as hell isn't my place to reveal Kara's secrets, especially to someone like Gabrielle... and then she gives me the perfect out. "...Tomorrow, if I haven't found out before then, then." Another hesitation, before I sigh and add "Good luck." before hanging up. Even with our problems, it's not like I want her dead, for God's sake...

So, it was worth a try, but it's going to be up to me in the end after all. Doing something more or less blind, but when has doing something I have no idea how, with no preparation or plan ever stopped me before? Closing my eyes, I reach out with my feelings, trying to find a source of something Kara-like, something I can follow... I'm not thinking of whatever consequences might come of this - doubt would stop me surer than any wall could. I'm committed, again, so this is the only path forward.

[3:00pm] Nown: Gaze into the Abyss
[3:00pm] Nown: !r 2d6+2
[3:00pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 6+2 = 8
Asking 'How can I track Kara'? Lucid+Detailed visions that leave me Drained, please! (will mark XP from new condition in my next post)

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 18, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Thanks. ...You too." After she's hung up, I stare at my phone, frowning in irritation. I do not owe her anything, after the way she treated me. Sure, it was lovely to try and leave her so she wouldn't get hurt, but I never even hurt her and she decided it was a fair exchange to beat the poo poo out of me. Still though, that 'if I haven't found out before then' is lingering in my head. Idiots gonna get herself killed chasing after ghosts alone.

Useless gestures are about all that's left to me, but even so. I turn my phone back on -it'd gone asleep- and type out a quick text.

@Allison posted:

really should wait 4 me
ghosts dangerous af
even more than u :/
but if ur going ne way
head to were they died
easiest way 2 find

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I can't speak for every guy, but this honestly isn't too bad of a date. I mean I could definitely do without the assassins part, but you're supposed to enjoy just being around whoever you're dating, and I do, I really like just being with Gabrielle, it's nice. But you're also supposed to support them in what they do, and this is the kinda stuff she does, so I have to support her, and if that means our first date is spent sitting on a rooftop and waiting for a bunch of crazy magical bullshit to show up, then that's what I'm gonna do. So weird or not, I'm gonna sit here on this roof, and wait for a bunch of crazy magical bullshit to show up and then I'm gonna punch as much of it as I can in the face. While my girlfriend shoots lasers at everything. I wonder if Doc can get me lasers? I Should remember to ask him when he gets back.

Now if this were a normal date we'd... I dunno really. Find something to eat and go to a movie I guess? There's not much I can afford on my budget, losing fights pays, but not very well. Maybe after I'm a huge, world famous star I can take her on a big fancy date. That'd be nice. Struck by a sudden impulse, once she's done on the phone, I look at Gabrielle and ask, "What would you wanna do if we were on a more normal date? I know a few places around the gym that have good food and a movie after dinner is a classic, but I'm sure you can think of something better." A bit of a breeze starts up right about then, it's getting kinda chilly since the sun's getting so low. Another impulse hits me and I take my jacket off and put it around Gabrielle shoulders. That's a good boyfriend thing right?

(9:27:23 PM) ShootaBoy: Turn on Gabrielle
(9:27:23 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6
(9:27:23 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 7 = 7
Self/Promise/String?

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Blamed, Neglected, Guilty

I can still hear the voice of Caitlin's father in my head, how the words he was saying, on the surface, were all normal - but I could tell he was...I don't know, intimidating me. Something terrible would happen to me if I didn't do as he wanted. And, and it worked. I just run, and I try not to think, to just get away from this craziness, but I can't stop my head from going a mile an hour, to say nothing of my heart. What di I do? What did I get myself into? They just... murmured that guy, and nobody, nobody batted an eye. Not Caitlin's parents, not Caitlin, not Frankie or Gabrielle. And me, I... I was so stupid! I thought I was doing something good, I thought I was saving Caitlin, I thought I was the hero, even though I was so scared. I was so proud of myself for that one moment and now... now... Oh god, now I've taken blood money to keep my mouth shut from, I don't know who Caitlin's parents are, but - murderers! This is all so messed up, I feel like I want to curl up on the floor and throw up again.

I'm no hero. I'm just someone surrounded by, by people that are violent and cold and that I don't understand, and they don't want to understand me either! And to think that I thought that this day was in any way good, that anything good happened. I blink away the blurriness in my eyes and shake my head, and I don't even care I don't really see where I am going. Because that's not right, there was one thing, one good thing that happened. Kara. What we shared, it was... was something right? And really, it's the only thing that is a light if I look back at this terrible, terrible day, right? Kara... I focus on it, and then I suddenly know what I have to do.

Kara, she'll know what I should do, right? If I should call the police or... what. She was the one that saved me, uh, I mean, helped me with Sharona, right? I'll just talk to her about it and I just know I'll feel so much better, because she's the only one, the only one around me that isn#t crazy or hates me or... Ow! I crash into something - someone! - because I wasn't looking and I just fall back, landing on my butt. Ow...

I look up and... it's Henderson? "Oh, hi...." Yeah, that's the first thing I say, still sitting on my butt - and I make it sound so lame. He holds out his hand, offering to help me up... and it's such a small thing, but it almost makes me cry. I'm, I'm just really upset and finally someone is not yelling at me or punching me or pointing a gun at me, okay?! I lt myself be pulled up by him, and just like all the others, he seems so much stronger than me, and I'm still feeling scared and.. and well, I don't let go of his hand and just give him a hug. I mean, I could play it off as being shaky on my feet after that fall, but... "Thanks." I smile at him, I can't help it, and I guess there's real gratitude in my eyes, for just, well, not being awful to me for once!

<nil_> David Turn On
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 6+2 = 8

Oh, oh, right, he's asking me what all that shouting was. I, uh, slowly disentangle myself from him and give him a little space. I got carried away, I guess. "You... there... Caitlin....Frankie...they..." I can't find my words, I just still so upset. I force myself to take a deep breath, think about what I am going to say. I look at Henderson imploringly. "You shouldn't go there. It'll only end in..." I bite my lip. "You should keep away." I look down, but not at my feet but his chest. It's just where my eyes ended up! My voice is more quiet, a little bit sad. "I should have stayed away."

Spooked: When you run into someone's arms (NPC), MC chooses: you mark experience, or they make a hard move.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I wasn't really cold, being a magical girl helps for a lot of things even when I'm not transformed, but Frankie's coat definitely makes me feel warmer -physically and emotionally- and more comfortable. I look over at him and smile, shifting closer to snuggle against him as we sit and wait, give him some of that warmth back. For good measure, I lean in to give him a short kiss, which ends up being a longer kiss, before I break away, smiling a bit more broadly. "Mmm... Dinner a movie sounds nice... Otherwise, dunno... Don't forget, I'm just as new to this as you are." I look up at the night sky for a moment. "I'd like to watch you fight. Cheer you on as you and the other guy go at it, working up a sweat. Then afterwards we can have a little celebration in the back." I glance over at him again and wink.

Flirting with Frankie is definitely a funner way to wait for the rest of -or all of depending on if Caitlin's crew had anything to do with this- the Fae coming for this meeting to show up. Though it would be nice if they would already so we could get this over with and have the rest of the night to ourselves.

Somewhere between a self and a promise I guess? If Frankie pushes for some action he'll probably get it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Yeah, yeah that was definitely a good boyfriend thing. Great job Frankie, you're really killing this boyfriend thing. She does make a good point though, this is a first for both of us, which is really unbelievable to me. How has someone like Gabrielle never had a boyfriend before me? She's nice, really smart, crazy beautiful, and I don't think I'll ever believe my luck. What a day.

"Well I guess I've even more reason to win on Wednesday then. Wouldn't be right to let you down."

poo poo I'm blushing, I can feel it. But really, how could I not? Not even the fact that we're waiting for more assassins to show up can bring me down right now. I'm drat near on top of the world. We're gonna save these ungrateful fairies again tonight, have a nice normal day Tuesday, and then I'm gonna beat the hell out of Vandenhoek the day after that. Not a bad half week, if I say so myself. But first we gotta get through tonight, and step one of that involves these guys showing up, which they don't seem to be in any hurry to.

I lean a bit more into Gabrielle and say, "If every stakeout is like this, I don't think I'll mind too much, but I'm really starting to wish these guys would make their move already. Don't they know that no opening lasts forever?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 5 Cont

Caitlin: And everyone ignores you again. What does a girl have to do to get any attention around here. Someone tried to kill you for crying out loud! And then before anyone could find out why the guy in question was beaten unconscious and killed, awfully convenient huh. Still your clearly not safe here with your parents is there anyone you'd trust to get you away from here safely? What can you offer them to make sure they hold up their end of the deal?

Kara: "Heh, I like your spirit girl. Which is way funnier than intended because you are a ghost after all. Even in the deepest crap of your life or your death or whatever you're still trying to bargain for a way out. That takes guts." the voice sighs "Look cause I like you I'll dump you back in the world. But it's gonna cost you and I expect you to pay your debts. one hand washes the other if you know what I mean not that either of us have hands so it may not be the best metaphor, now where was I?" The voice goes quiet for a moment "Escape yeah now it'll have to be somewhere familiar somewhere you've got an intimate connection too... I'll see what I can do."

Doc takes a string on you

A portal of light appears in front of you Do you dare step through it? What parting advice does the voice give you?

Gabrielle: Do you ever regret this? Not being able to have a normal life because of your powers,. I mean yeah you do good things but your grades are suffering you don't have time to have a date. Until now well sorta kind you know what I mean. Can you really condemn your friends for turning down a life like this? What about Frankie can you see this as something more permanent? or do you think you can somehow change to make this work?

Frankie: Nothing seems to be happening. Well something is certainly happening with Gabrielle certainly but you know what I mean. Do you let it distract you from what's about to go down or are you all business? A.k.a do you want to accept that give self? Can you see any sort of relationship lasting or is it just a bit of fun for you that will be nice while it lasts?

David: "Relax and calm down David it'd be a shame to see you get upset like this " Henderson smiles at you as he looks you in the eye. "You're a little shook up that's all there's absolutely nothing for you to worry about. You just need to go home and lie down and rest and everything will be ok. His voice takes on a weird tone as he speaks to you. And it occurs to you that he's right it would be a good idea to go and lay down. You are pretty tired after all.. His voice fainter than before sounds louder in your mind "You didn't see me at all. you just went home and went to sleep." That's right isn't it you didn't see anyone or did you?

Take a string on him. Hold steady to resist hypnosis. Also he's hitting you with a hard move.

If you do go home what do you accidentally let slip to him before you leave? If you stay what do you say to him?

Allison As you stretch out your senses it occurs to you that if Kara is still well for want of a better word alive then it must be because she is bound to something or some place or even someone that's keeping her here and not in whatever afterlife actually exists. It would have to be something she has a profound ermotional connection too a place she loves or loathes a place that she sees every day in her nightmares. The place of her death. Do you have any idea how you would even go about finding that out?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Do I ever? A better question would be do I ever not regret this. When I was younger magic was.... magical. The best thing in the world. But it's just another responsibility. If it was gone, I'd miss the benefits, but... I could just be myself. Have a real life. I wouldn't have lost of my two friends today. But all that's besides the point. I drat well can condemn my old friends for giving this up. Every person who gets hurt or killed by a monster in this city is blood on their hands. They left it entirely up to me to protect the city, dumped all that weight on my shoulders. And they're just as guilty of killing Jasmine. If they hadn't been loving cowards or traitors willing to let her die so they could have normal lives, she'd still be here.

As for Frankie... well, we'll see. Its my first relationship, so I don't really know about any of that normal stuff. But I think he's my best shot. He knows what I do, and he has enough protection from his friend that I shouldn't need to worry too much about keeping him safe. We'll be able to spend this time together, instead of me being off alone every night. Smiling to myself, I shift myself up tighter against Frankie. "...Yeah. I wish someone would make a move already." I'm talking about the assassin or the fae showing up!

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Blamed, Guilty

I shouldn't have hugged Henderson, I promised Frankie, after all, and Frankie is my friend... wait, is he? I blink, and I realize my head feels all weird, like my mind is stuck behind some thick glass. Henderson is looked at me... at me like... I don't know. It's kind of nice and kind of scary and... what is he saying? Maybe I should go home, maybe I should just lay down and sleep. Today has been so horrible, and in a way I just want to forget about everything that happened, how awful almost everyone turned out to be... Just going home and just letting all of that just disappear when I fall asleep is a good idea, right? ...right? Henderson seems to think so, and right now it seems to me like he's the only one today that really, actually looked at me and tried . With those eyes and that voice of his... I should just forget about all of this, right?

<nilPhone> David Hold Steady
<nilPhone> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 12-1= 11
Keeping cool and clearing condition 'Neglected'.

Wait, what am I thinking? I shake my head, with everything going on I must be losing focus on what really matters. I can't go home and just go to bed, even if I want to! I have a da- I have a meet-up with Kara! And to think I almost forget about that and literally slept through it, that would have been, would have been... the worst thing! I must be really messed up, but really, that just makes it that much more important that I meet up with Kara! Because just, well, being close to her will make me feel better and help me calm down, or at least, not make me so focused on all the awful stuff that has been happening. And, and... she'd know what to do, too, right? About the... the... murder. Ugh. I... I don't want to think about it.

Oh, right, Henderson! "Uh, thanks for the concern, but I have a ... thing I need to get to." I scratch behind my back - something is kicking at the back of my mind, something about how weird Henderson has been... but I don't want to think about that right now. Instead, I put on a smile. "It's with Kara at the Vintage." Uh, one second, why am I telling him this? I'm still not 100%, I think. I should just... get away from here. "But thanks, and really, you should just.. stay away. I think that'd be best."

"Okay, so...." I just wave, a bit awkwardly, then start walking away. Good thing I don't have to be afraid of Henderson jumping e or pointing a gun at me or anything crazy like that! "See you around." Alright, so I need to get back home, put on some new clothes and then hurry to the movie theater Kara wrote me about. I should have just about enough time, if I hurry... But really, it's still so stupid to think about, I almost blew off Kara! This day really is crazy, but maybe, just maybe, being with Kara I can make it worthwhile in the end...

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Harm 2/4 Exp 0/5 Conditions: Cold, Friendly Ghost, Drained

There it is... a way out. An unimpressive, glowing beacon of light in front of me. And all this voice wants in return is... for me to pay my debt. Like I even asked for this. I wonder... what does it want? I stare into the grey, thinking hard, trying to figure out what's even going on here, and whether I can tell anything of the voice that seemingly placed me here.

15:16 Ferg Kara gaze into the abyss
15:16 Ferg !r 2d6+1
15:16 Krysmbot Ferg, 8+1 = 9
Asking: Who is the voice, and what do they want?
The visions are lucid and detailed but they leave you with the Condition drained

I weaken a bit, but I think I have my answer.

Now, I need to get back. To Allison. Hell, even to David. To anywhere but here. I step boldly into the portal. I'll deal with the voice and my debt to it later.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Well it seems like all three of us are on-board with... you know. But unfortunately for everyone involved, we're sitting on a rooftop waiting for assassins to finally show the gently caress up, so this is just gonna have to stay as cuddling. And some kissing. And maybe a few squeezes in certain areas, on both sides. But that's all. Sadly. Very sadly.
No fade to blacks here, just some makeouts.

I know that Gabrielle said that this might not work out, but dammit this is the best thing I've ever had in my life, and I'm gonna do everything I can to keep it. I mean, I'm not gonna say that we'll be together forever or anything, poo poo happens, but I don't want this to be some weeklong fling. I'm not that kinda guy, I think it... it means something when you do that with someone. Maybe that's just me being an idiot, I dunno, but that's how I feel.

I wonder what Doc is up to right now.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

On one hand, it's a very enjoyable makeout-I mean stakeout, but on the other hand, when we eventually stop because if we kept going we wouldn't be able to focus at all, the lack of anything happening at the school is getting really irritating. Enough that I'm starting to wonder if Pete had gotten his information a bit wrong. He'd usually been quite accurate, and like, five people, Caitlin and an assassin didn't sound like a big fae meeting and some magical muscle, but if no one else was turning up... Had I missed something? Were the fae already there, off in some kind of magic faery plane?

"Hold me for a second," I say to Frankie with a smile, not that he needs telling, and lean back against him again, staring up at the starry night sky, reaching out with my magic. The stars will show me the way here, cast their light on what I've missed.

<godfish> gaze into the abyss
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3-1 = 2
<godfish> excellent.
<godfish> :v
<ShootaBoy> welp
am asking, what did I miss about this fae meeting/assassination
marking exp for Dark

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Morbid, Drained

It makes sense that she'd be attracted to a place like that, morbid as it sounds... and Gabby backs that up, too. An idea does come to me as to how to start finding it that place I quickly fire off a text to Gabby first, otherwise she'll probably keep bothering me...

To Gabby posted:

You should know I can take care of myself. Besides, you're busy and this can't wait.

Then it's back to searching. Her mother's boyfriend attacked her, she ran, he killed her. Where did she run to? Outside, to the grass, with a wooden wall. There can't be that many places close to here that fit that, right? I should be able to find that... though as my eyes sweep across the wall, I catch a glimpse of something - a newspaper clipping. A strange thing to keep on a wall... as I head over to read it, its importance becomes chillingly clear. It's a report on her murder. It doesn't use her name, uses a Jane Doe instead, but it's her, just like I felt, just like she told me.

'Body found near Baseball Diamond in Bogan's Park' - and that's all the location I need! Taking the clipping with me, I pause only to get my shoes on before I head out of Kara's house towards there! I don't know exactly what I'll do when I get there, but that's something I'll figure out then!

Newspaper clipping details provided by Ferg via PM

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 6

new highlights time

Gabrielle highlight Frankie
Allison highlight Gabrielle
David highlight Kara
Kara Highlight Allison
Frankie highlight David

Kara: As you step through the portal you experience a brief moment of connection with it's maker. For a moment it is almost as if you were two parts of the same whole rejoined. You feel as if you are kindred spirits of a sort once possessing a body a conneciton to the earth and then having it ripped away from you. Unlike you though the voice has a plan. It will find a suitable host, mould it, shape it and when the time is right take it over. But to do that it needs tools agents, lackeys, people who owe it debts. People like you. You emerge from the portal cold and shivering but back somewhere horrifically familiar. The place where you died. Is this your first time back here since you were killed? What does being in this place make you feel like now?

Gabrielle: No matter how hard you focus the stars are just stars. Whatever secrets they hold do not seem to be yours. Furthermore being pressed up this close to Frankie makes you acutely aware of him distracting you from the world around you. he takes a string on you, As such you don't see the shadow creeping down the alley until it's almost too late. Your magical girl senses pick up a strong sense of magic as the figure raises a rod of some sort towards where Caitlin and her family are standing what do you do?

Frankie: "Sorry kid business took a little longer than I was expecting.You would not believe how stubborn some people can be." Doc says suddenly. "Still you seem to have managed quite well for yourself. Looks like you hardly needed me--- Wait..." Doc pauses mid-sentence."Looks like the same wizard guy who was loving with our brains earlier is back. I'd love nothing more than to pound his stupid face. I'm not about to allow anyone else to mess with you." he snarls. He's getting awfully protective all of a sudden isn't he. Still what do you see about the situation that might give you an advantage in the fight?

David: You dash for home taking a short-cut across Bogan Park. If you're quick you might have time to get home and get changed before you go meet Kara. Your half way across the park when a blinding flash of light blocks your night vision out and leaves you seeing spots. When your vision clears you see a very familiar face curled up on the ground. Kara. Where the heck did she come from and what did she have to do with that explosion. Do you have any guesses? What do you do?

Allison: You head towards the park at a brisk pace clutching desperately to the newspaper clipping in your hand, and hoping you'll get there in time to help Kara. As you get to the gates you feel your stomach turn over as though you're about to be sick and you notice the fading glow of a brief burst of light. However it looks like you're too late the Park warden is just locking up all the gates. "Sorry kid parks closed for the night, come back tomorrow." You have to get in to make sure Kara is ok don't you. How are you going to get past him?

apologies for the delays

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Kara, highlight Cold.

I admit once I got away I can't stop wondering whether I should have at least asked Henderson about what he was doing, because he was... being really weird. It kind of bothers me now, not knowing what that was all about. But it'll be fine, right? And... and I had to get away from there, after what happened. No, no, I made the right choice - who knows what would have happened if I stayed around those... those murderers! Oh god, now I'm thinking about it again!

I speed up and shiver, even though it's not actually that cold. I just have to not think about that right now. Instead, I have to focus on getting home, dress and get to the meetup with Kara in time! Yeah, that's the ticket. But I have to hurry up! When was it again we were meeting up? Right now I'm not sure, but, well, I just know I can't waste any more time. Without really thinking about it, I take a shortcut - I know how to get to me and my dad's apartment, of course, even though I haven't been in Chicago for that long. I hurry along and, yeah, this is Bogan park, right? I frown. Something is jumping up and down at the back of my mind, but right now I guess I'm too distracted to figure it out. There's something, though... Nevermind. Have to get home and then to Kara and forget about... about all the other stuff.

Now that I'm halfway through the park, I realize what might have made me frown earlier: maybe running though a park while it's dark wasn't such a great idea. Uhhh, well, nothing for it, the best thing right now is to just hurry up, right? I mean, okay, I look over my shoulder - nobody there, though. Certainly not Caitlin's dad or anything, looking at me with that... that calm of his. I swallow. This is stupid, I just need to keep moving. Nothing is going to happen to me and being afraid of the dark is seriously not what I should do, I mean, Kara was pretty tough earlier when she faced down Sharona and... and what's that ahead?

Oh god my eyes! I drop to my knees and pointlessly cover my eyes with an arm: I can't see! Oh man, am I blind? What happened? Did someone, uh, throw a flashbang at me? I'm seeing stars and... oh, I'm seeing stars so that means I'm not blind! I blink, and I think I can make out outlines of stuff around me? I think? And what was I talking about with flashbangs? There was no bang, and who'd do that, and also, I only know flashbangs from video games or the TV and all that. I shake my head - my mind is going a mile a minute, I gotta figure out what happened! Am I gonna get attacked? Oh god, am I in mortal danger? Again?! I don't want to...

Who's that? Did someone else get attacked here? Do I just have the worst luck today and just run into people trying to kill other people? Oh. Oh! My heart starts beating faster and I am suddenly filled with shame and concern and happiness - it's Kara! She seems to be in pain, but, but it's Kara! Right now I don't care what exactly happened because honestly, I don't want to care. I tried to save Caitlin earlier, because I'm strange like that, caring if someone just gets killed, and look where that got me! But... but... it's her and everything else can just wait! "Kara!"

I rush to her side - I would say I did it without thinking, but any time spent thinking would just have made me do the same. I mean, Kara is curled on the ground, of course I have to go to her! "Kara, are you alright?" I put my hand on her head - is she hurt? I, I should check more thoroughly, or I guess that's what some part of my brain is thinking, but what it ends up is me hugging her. I'm just happy to see her, okay? She feels so cold, but it just makes me want to be close to her that much more. "What happened? Are you... are you okay? Did someone attack you...?"

And as soon as I have said it, the blood drains from my face and I pull away from Kara. Because now I remember where I know Bogan Park from. That newspaper article I read. About Kara. Where she died. I swallow. Was she... was she drawn back to this place? It's kind of sad and at the same time, kind of.... I don't know... pure? I mean, most of the time the places you are are just, places, you know? Exchangable, not something that really sticks with you. But for Kara... But could I really understand? I feel like I need to, I don't know, reach out to her - and then I literally do, my hand cusping her head on the ground and I smile down at her. "You should get up, maybe. I mean, if you want." I remember what I realized earlier, about why she distanced herself from me. "I know this place is... well, that I don't know exactly what it is for you." I smile. "But I'm here for you." A breeze lightly plays with my hair as I look down at her, and I hadn't even realized that I was sweating, I was just so focused on Kara. Even now, she is so... how I see her when I'm not around her and close my eyes. Like that. She looks... she looks like she needs me, looks cold... and I want to be there for her.

<nil_> David Turn On Kara
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 3+2 = 5
+1 from True Love, +1 from condition 'Cold' for a result of 7.
Promise/string/give self?

nil. fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 22, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I step in the portal and I feel... connected, somehow. One with whoever it was that was imprisoning me here. It disgusts me... but then I sense the familiarity, the same sense of loss. And it's been wandering for a lot longer than I have. I pause and consider what it would be like to be dead for so long and be lost. I didn't even spend a night without returning to my life... and this person spent an eternity. I feel a pang of compassion, momentarily forgetting the anger I had for the voice.

But I see the other half too. The plotting... the planning... the ill intent. Being lost for so long had twisted this person, broken them, forged them into something far more sinister. And it had a plan to get back into the real world. I shudder at the thought... something this powerful unleashed would be bad news for everybody. And worse, it would take over some sort of host body, evicting an innocent person to get what it wants. It's pure evil. I grit my teeth, I was right about this person, about this voice. No way in hell will I help it.

The feeling then fades, and I sudden feel... solid. Whole. And the haze around me fades into darkness, the air around me turns to a biting cold, a windy chill that runs through me. Stars fade into being above me, and wet, sharp grass beneath me. I'm laying on the ground, curled up into a ball, and for a second I just embrace being corporeal again. I reach out and clutch at the grass, gasping. The feeling of reality. I could kiss the ground, but gently caress it's cold. And I realize that all I'm wearing is the t-shirt and pajama shorts from earlier with Allison. Allison.... I need to find her. I need... her. And then I look up and notice where I am.

Of course it's here. It's always here. Bogan Park. Baseball diamond. I sob... always here. And then I hear a voice call out, a familiar voice... David!

A mixture of fear and relief fills my gut. Somebody I know is here. I'm not alone! But it's David and... oh god, how will he react when he finds out... about Allie? I cough as he approaches and wraps his arms around me. His touch makes me want to flinch, but the warmth of his body surrounds me, and I can't fight it. Not after what just happened. Not after almost losing everything... almost losing myself, permanently. He puts his hand on my head and I just moan at the heat radiating from it. He asks if somebody attacked me.

"Attacked?" I weakly repeat, "No... it's... I..." I pause, considering how much to tell him. I don't want to lie but... he can't know about me and Allie. At least, not yet. "Something like that... somebody... kidnapped me. But like my soul..."

I move to sit up, then look him in the eyes, "I think that I... I went to where people go when they die. Somebody sent me there, and forced me to agree to do them a favor in exchange for letting me come back." I turn away, clutching at my shoulders, "It was horrible..."

He reaches out for me, tries to comfort me. But I can see even now... he still wants me. My heart aches... and I feel so drained and tired. And loving sore from all the abuse from the day. I should stand up, move on, not lead him on. But there's just no energy left in me. I sigh, then lean into his chest and close my eyes. Maybe I can just rest a while... and talk to him once I feel a bit better. His warmth surrounds me... I need this. Allie will understand, right?

Give self. But to be clear, just leaning into him in silence, no hanky panky Mr. Winters.

Allison highlights Volatile :angel:

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 23, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

It's impossible to focus my mind on the stars properly, every time I've almost focused it drifts right back to Frankie, the warmth of him under me, the faint beat of his heart, all the fun things we could be doing instead of sitting here waiting for someone to show up. It gets to the point where I'm about to say gently caress it, pick him up and fly him off somewhere private and work out some of the hormones that are filling me when the shadowy movement across the alley catches my eye. "oh poo poo-"

Around Gabrielle, time stops, or at least appears to the slow, light draining away from the world to form a shining star in the heavens, or between her hand, both at the same time. Her body floats up off of Frankie as the star grows bright and brighter until it arcs off, streaming into ribbons of pure rainbow starlight, wrapping around her body and encasing it like a mummy wrapped in the northern lights. With one last flash, it solidifies into her outfit, a final beam of light forming into the short baton topped with a golden star. Then the light slowly returns to the world, the Magical Astral Knight Aurora lowers back to the roof, and she lands just as time starts to flow normally again.

Holding my wand aloft, the star on the end shimmers and then shines brighter and brighter, concentrating the power of the heavens into it, until it lances out in a concentrated beam at the figure. Burning white hot, it lances out, connects, and burns even brighter, the light purifying any evil it touches! In as low a voice that isn't a whisper as I can, I hiss to Frankie, "We need to make sure I got it, then get ready to run, we don't want Caitlin to see us!"

<godfish> lash out at evil do-er
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+3 = 10
Choosing great harm, and In the name of the stars! adds +1 harm

Frankie highlight Hot

GodFish fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 22, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

I should be shocked, flustered, speechless at what Kara is telling me, but right now, for just this moment, it doesn't seem that important - right now, I am just so happy that I can hold her in my arms, and comfort her, and have her close to me, and forget about all the terrible things that happened to me today. Because really, what is that compared to what Kara is going through, right? I shouldn't think about myself so much, not when Kara is here with me. Although... although even though I know I should just want to make her feel better, not feel so cold and sad and... whatever it is that is hurting her inside, I still want to, well, kiss her. Be with her closer than this. Not, not that that's anything bad, right? That's normal.

I should just be happy that I am here for her right now. Of course it's bad that she's in pain, but at least I am here - and in a way, that's good, because... this way, maybe we can share what she has just a little bit. I blink. Is she shivering? I pull her closer, and we must look really strange - hugging and sitting together in this dark park. But I don't care. And then I finally really am able to listen to what she has to say, and at first I just.. stroke her head and don't really say anything. I do tense when she says she was being kidnapped - then relax just the slightest bit when she says it was her... soul. I frown. I thought 'so, it was, like, metaphorically' - but that is so stupid of me! Of course it's not metaphorical. That's what Kara is now, right, at the core? A soul. A special one, not like all the others.

But still, it's... I should be more freaked out, right? Souls, 'the place people go when they die', someone... bargaining for her services... Why did I think 'bargaining'? I swallow. Because it's obvious what would make a deal like that, in 'the place people go when they die'. I... I always thought it was just... well, not real like that! Hell, heaven, angels.... demons... But now... But, but, but, that doesn't matter right now! Kara needs me, so there's no time to think about what it all means.

"Oh, Kara..." I stroke her back, and even though I maybe shouldn't, I'm happy for us to be like this. "I'm here and..." And what? Am I going to fight demons now? I am suddenly wrought by doubt, like I have walked into an unknown place and am just at the edge of being lost, wondering whether it is already too late to turn back, to find my way back. But no! I don't want to 'play it safe' like that, and if I had to abandon Kara, well, that wouldn't be acceptable at all. "That's... that's horrible. And I know that saying that I'm here for you sounds stupid because I... I don't really know about all of that, but.... but we'll figure something out, okay?" Right? "What...." My mouth feels dry. "What did... it ask you to do?"

Oh god, I'm starting to freak out just thinking about it, but I mustn't! I have to... have to show Kara I'm strong enough to help her, just like she did for me. I just wish... it wasn't fighting the forces of hell... I - I just have to not think about it! I just have to smile for Kara and be just a little bit confident, and then we'll figure something out. And... and isn't it good, in a way? The two of us, together.... against the world? I smile, though I suppose it might look a little sad - but still, I look in her eyes, shining with tears. "I'll help you, okay? We'll figure something out and I'll help you. You aren't alone." And now my eyes start stinging too - maybe I shouldn't have said that last part because, in a way, isn't that what I often feel like? Alone? Even with all these people around me, but really, so many of them don't really... care about me, do they? No, a lot of them, well, they despise me or push me around and... oh, I shouldn't think about all the things that happened today. No, I am here with Kara and everything is going to work out. It has to!

<nilPhone> David Turn On Kara
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 3+2 = 5
+1 from True Love, +1 from condition 'Cold' for a result of 7.
Promise/string/give self?

nil. fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 22, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It's nice to have Gabrielle in my arms like this, even if the roof isn't the most comfortable place for it. It's been long enough that I'm just about to suggest we head out when Doc gets back. And then right as I'm about to ask how his business went when a certain someone finally shows up. Doc's all pissed 'cause this is apparently the same guy that did the hate bubble thing earlier, and Gabrielle is doing some crazy magical transformation. Then she blasts the guy with a giant fuckin' lazer. Goddamn my girlfriend is cool as hell.

"I'll go down and check him while you stay here and keep an eye out. If we need to, I can run and then you can fly me out." Man, lots of mood shifts today. One minute I'm cuddling with my super hot girlfriend, and now I'm huddled on the roof, whispering about checking to see if an assassin is dead. Funny how life goes sometimes. A quick shimmy down the fence and I'm back on solid ground. I was all prepared for a fight, even scouted out a loose board from one of the fences back here, but I don't think I'm gonna need any of that stuff after that. I mean, I still take the board, just in case, but I'm pretty sure he got got.

I peek around the corner and sure enough, there's our guy(?), laid out on the ground. There's some kind of rod up near his hands, some kind of wand maybe, but I'm pretty sure he's done for. 'Cause I really don't think most people just lay there when their clothes are smoking. I reach the board out and give him a poke that doesn't seem to make him move at all. I take a peek further out, doesn't look like anyone's coming just yet, so I move out and go to take the rod thing from him, I've seen enough action movies and episodes of Cops to know that you always take the gun from the seemingly dead guy, if you don't then you get shot when they turn out to not be dead.

Well it looks like there's no face pounding needed here. I look back up, towards Gabrielle and give her the universal gesture for 'come here'. Hope those ungrateful fairies are happy.

David highlight hmmmm... Dark.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 23, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Morbid, Drained

Argh! I don't have time for this... why couldn't I have been just a few minutes quicker? I don't hesitate to use a touch of Fae magic on this man - this is to save Kara, and I'm not going to hurt him, just... confuse him a little, make him more open to my very simple suggestion of 'get the gently caress out of my way'.

Phrased more nicely, of course. Wrapped in a minor glamour to evoke sympathy, i say: "Oh, but I'll just be a moment, and I won't do anything bad! It's really important, I promise!"

Manipulate Warden to let me past. Rolled an 8, GM said that to manipulate him, I'd have to be quick - 5 minutes

When he grudgingly lets me past, saying he'll lock the gate in five minutes, I'm already running, to a wooden wall... and I see two people there! Kara! Kara and... David. David hugging her, stroking her, comforting her... my run turns to a faltering walk as I near them, suddenly unsure of what to say, what to do. Suddenly unsure, once again, if I'm even needed...

Highlighting Hot for Gabrielle

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 25, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

As I melt into David, selfishly letting him warm me up, I let my mind go, relaxing, trying to shake off the horrible last couple hours. As I lean into him, my brain searches for answers. How did this all... get so bad...

16:38 Ferg kara gaze
16:38 Ferg !r 2d6+1
16:38 Krysmbot Ferg, 4+1 = 5
16:38 Ferg fuckyeah
Hard Move

Instead, I just feel like I'm drowning. I sputter my eyelids open, realizing that David has been stroking my back and giving me more support. Guilt floods into me, choking me. All I can think about is how I'm betraying Allie, and how I have to break this off with David before I get swept even further into it. I look up at him, and he returns my gaze with a loving stare. I try to speak, to say anything, and only fail. I'm the worst.

And then, as if summoned by the horrible pit in my stomach, Allison runs into view, her face full of concern. She spots us and... pauses, suddenly looking like she's been hit by a truck. I rush to my feet, throwing David off of me, "Allie!"

poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo. "I - uh..."

The look of pain on Allison's face says it all. She must've been searching for me... finding out where I died... came here to save me. Only to find me betraying her with David. The pit in my stomach widens into a chasm, and the full shittiness of today's events hits me full force. The bruise on my head, the weight on my soul. I hurt everybody that gets close to me. I... I should've just died when I had the chance.

All I do is hurt people. David... Allison... Caitlyn... Sharona...

I sob, then I turn and run. I need to get as far away from them as possible. I need to get far away from everyone.

16:52 Ferg kara run away
16:52 Ferg !r 2d6-1
16:52 Krysmbot Ferg, 5-1 = 4
16:52 Ferg hahahaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hard Move

I turn and run. Who knows if they even try to follow me. I hope they don't. I hope they never see me again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

I am holding Kara in my arms, and even though I know she is unhappy, and I want her not to be - I still don't ever want this to end. And really, just being happy all the time, that doesn't happen, does it? All you can hope for is that someone is there for you when you're down, someone special... and I really hope I can be that someone for Kara. I know she is special, and maybe, in some small way, just like I am there for her, she can be there for me. I mean, my problems are, are nothing compared to what she has, the raw pain and somehow, beauty in it and...

Whoa! What's going on? Kara threw me off her - why does everyone think it's okay to toss me around today?! Wait, no, it's Kara, she must have had a good reason. Is, is someone stalking us? Sneaking up on us, or maybe just someone normal, and because of this place, Kara is freaking out, because she really sounded upset! I push myself up - not really how I imagined Kara pushing me onto the grass - and... it's Allison? Idiotically, I wave at her, like we're meeting at school and not in a dark park with me and Kara hugging on the ground. I blink... Allison seems upset too. But that makes sense, I'd feel miserable if I scared Kara like that. I mean, she probably didn't mean to... she doesn't know how tough Kara has it, after all. Only I really know her, just like she's the one who I'm certain can really know me. "Uh, hi, Allison..."

What do I know about Allison? I can't think of a lot right now, only that she didn't treat me horribly or was weird or got me involved in murder today. But all of that seems irrelevant when I see Kara... crying! My insides pull together, leaving behind needles punching at my heart... or something. It's almost scary that I feel like crying too, seeing her like this. "Kara, it's okay, it's just Allison! Nobody is going to hurt you!"

But it's like she doesn't even hear me, and instead turns and tries to run away - and I wish with all my heart that I still held her, that I could shield her with my arms from this pain. It's this place, right? The memory of some stranger... stalking her, someone she didn't know she could trust like me... I mean, it's not Allison's fault she didn't know, but still. "Kara, wait!" I... I don't like thinking of it like this, but Kara is way too scared and that's why she doesn't really manage to get away from me, but it's better this way, right? She trips and collapses on the ground, and I try not to think about whether that's how it happened... back then. Or maybe I should? She said... I don't really understand her, didn't she? Or was that something I figured out?

Oh, all of that doesn't matter! I rush over to her and once again kneel down next to her and envelop her in my arms, putting my forehead against hers. "Shh, Kara, it's alright. It's alright, you're safe, you won't get hurt." But, but is that enough? Her tears keep flowing, and for a moment I feel panicked, like Kara is getting away from me, like I can't pull her back. That I can't show her how much she means to me and, and that she'll be lost! But then... it comes to me. I remember how she cared for me after Gabrielle attacked me, cared for me when I was weak. I know what to do. I smile and pull off my shirt, keeping my hands on Kara's shoulder as much as possible - and then I dry her tears with the white cotton edges of it. And I'd like to imagine that just like her tears are drained into my shirt, that me, my smile, me being there with my okay abs can pull a little bit of that sadness from her soul. "Kara, I'm here. Nobody wants to hurt you..."

<nil_> David Turn On Kara
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 10+2 = 12
Taking a string on Kara.

I look up from Kara at Allison, and I guess my eyes are a little... teary too, just a bit. It's from the pain of seeing Kara like this and... from the happiness of being able to help her like this, be close to her like this. I look at Allison with a smile, to show her that it's okay, I got this. That she doesn't need to blame herself for scaring Kara like this. Though, uh, me not wearing a shirt anymore might change how she reads that, but right now, I don't care. Allison, in a way, looks tired too... she'll understand that I have to do what I have to do, right?

<nil_> David Turn On Allison
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 2+2 = 4
Using Unashamed, giving Allison a string.
+3 from Unashamed, +1 from Drained for a result of 8.

• Locked thread