Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Afro posted:

what the gently caress there is a website that will literally tell you which network and time a specific commercial was played on tv

am i getting old or is that just really weird

as a non american i think it sems prett. american but to answer youre question probably yes to both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
philly blunts > else

Being cool is overrated.

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
clean for three years, relapsed very heavy for four months, now one year clean again.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

It's not cool but I enjoy it a lot. The occasional cigar or bit of pipe tobacco is also nice.

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

I smoke once in awhile -- I'm talking like a pack a year. The nicotine has never really done anything for me, but there's something about cigarettes and coffee that blows my loving mind. I would definitely enjoy a fag every morning with my coffee if not for all of the horrific health effects.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Literally no smell on Earth is worse than a house permeated with stale cigarette smoke and the people who live in these houses carry the stink with them everywhere. Hell, even people who smoke outdoors stink.

Also there's that whole cancer thing, but I don't have to smell that and therefore idgaf.

oh yeah that poo poo is disgusting...same as those who light up in their cars.

i always thought the smell of a smoked in house was the actual smell of a broken home because everyone i knew with divorced parents lived in a place that smelled like that, and i never saw anybody smoking cause the parent was never around

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I didn't read the thread and don't plan too. But smoking is the way to move up at work! Because that's like 10 minutes you are outside talking to your boss who is also smoking. Hope that helps.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
i bet all these goons complaining about smokers stinking are probably fat and also stink because of it

maybe if they take up smoking they can lose some weight to stop smelling like actual poo poo in their poorly washed fat folds

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
cigarette smoke literally turns my stomach, so repulsive

*mashes handful of nachos bellgrande into gaping maw*

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

mdm posted:

i bet all these goons complaining about smokers stinking are probably fat and also stink because of it

maybe if they take up smoking they can lose some weight to stop smelling like actual poo poo in their poorly washed fat folds

im grotesquely fat and smoke alot too and i dont wash myselve proberly after making GBS threads on myself

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Afro posted:

what the gently caress there is a website that will literally tell you which network and time a specific commercial was played on tv

am i getting old or is that just really weird

It's incomplete, but it's mostly for marketing/advertising/ media buying/research firms. Gives a lot of the of technical info no one else cares about.

However, I'm sure much traffic is also from "Omg you have to check out this cool commercial I just saw. :sad:

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i also scratch variouse parts of my body and smel my fingers after wards. email me

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
scraggly-rear end dude in a ball cap paying in change for the cheapest pack.

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Un-l337-Pork posted:

I smoke once in awhile -- I'm talking like a pack a year. The nicotine has never really done anything for me, but there's something about cigarettes and coffee that blows my loving mind. I would definitely enjoy a fag every morning with my coffee if not for all of the horrific health effects.

There is no dying the awesomeness of a good cup of coffee and a cigarette. Way better than even booze + cigarette, and probably the number 1 thing people miss when they quit, close second would be a smoke after a meal or sex.

I remember John Waters saying he used to eat just so he could have an "after meal smoke."

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

dying from cancer is whatever you probably gonna get cancer and die but copd is like living in a prison shell that is your body and man gently caress that

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Lol the people who vehemently don't want to live to 90 seem to miss the fact that the years you lose from smoking are not the sick infirm ones

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

lonesomedwarf posted:

im grotesquely fat and smoke alot too and i dont wash myselve proberly after making GBS threads on myself

at least you find enjoyment in smoking as a temporary reprieve from thinking about how fat you are

subhuman filth posted:

Lol the people who vehemently don't want to live to 90 seem to miss the fact that the years you lose from smoking are not the sick infirm ones

they also forget about all the 90 year old grandmas with awesome voices who have been smoking since they were 10 and have no health issues from it besides an awesome voice

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mdm posted:

they also forget about all the 90 year old grandmas with awesome voices who have been smoking since they were 10 and have no health issues from it besides an awesome voice
...who also ate healthy, drank in moderation, and spent a lot of time socializing and away from technology, which is the goon antithesis

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_safe_cigarette

I smoke and smelling that loving carpet glue burning after someone lights up a factory cig makes me gag.

Roll your own in the US.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
my great grandmother ate greasy cheeseburgers and smoked a pack of virginia slims every day and lived to be 102, ipso facto im invincible. theory utterly demolished

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

my great grandmother ate greasy cheeseburgers and smoked a pack of virginia slims every day and lived to be 102, ipso facto im invincible. theory utterly demolished
my great grandma can beat up your great grandma

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
beating up on a skeletonn.. not kewl and somewhat creepy. did i just get 0wned? poo poo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I miss it often

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

BirryJoru posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_safe_cigarette

I smoke and smelling that loving carpet glue burning after someone lights up a factory cig makes me gag.

Roll your own in the US.

this guy gets it, usually taxed at a lower rate too

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

Shaquin posted:

imagine being a prick who gives enough of a poo poo about mildly offensive odors to try to moderate what another actuated human being enjoys putting in their body.

Hello, my lovely neighbors who spend 80% of their time on their small rear end balcony. They must watch a lot of TV and be very susceptible to US propaganda that is television commercials. I'm working on quiting and only smoke about half a cig at a time but my idiot neighbors put on such a show on my behalf that I'd kinda miss being made such a big deal about.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

smoking makes you look super cool but the downsides are you kinda stink for a few mins afterward and generally feel like poo poo

thats my fair and balanced opinion

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
It's your life op do what you want with it but when you're dying in a crowded hospital bed of lug emphisema and stuck full of plastic tubes don't come crying.

peppermoth
Oct 17, 2008
If every smoker suddenly got cancer and died suddenly, that would fix a lot of the worlds problems. Just saying.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

subhuman filth posted:

david bowie was releasing albums right up until he croaked you dumbass bitch

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

peppermoth posted:

If every smoker suddenly got cancer and died suddenly, that would fix a lot of the worlds problems. Just saying.

If 99% of the worlds population died suddenly, that would fix a lot of the worlds problems. Just saying.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Half of all cigs are sold to people with mental illnesses

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

theflyingexecutive posted:

ya they smoke to cope with dealing with retards like you

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I smoke cigs and it's very cool

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Also the poors

peppermoth
Oct 17, 2008

mdm posted:

If 99% of the worlds population died suddenly, that would fix a lot of the worlds problems. Just saying.

I agree, but smokers would be the best place to start.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Because life sucks when you're crazy and smoking is fun

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i read a thing once about schizophrenic peopel being drawn to smoking cause the nicotine helps keep their symptoms at bay so mayhaps

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

i read a thing once about schizophrenic peopel being drawn to smoking cause the nicotine helps keep their symptoms at bay so mayhaps

there was a new lancet study out that says cigs might be the cause of schizophrenia

pretty sure it was a meta analysis of longitudinal studies so, :lol:

peppermoth posted:

I agree, but smokers would be the best place to start.

everyone shall be judged by their emissions once the environmental revolution starts. better count your carbon, filthy human, or you might be on the chopping block.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

People with schizophrenia claim that weed helps their symptoms but actually makes them worse in controlled studies

Smth ridic like 95% of people with bipolar smoke too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

People with schizophrenia claim that weed helps their symptoms but actually makes them worse in controlled studies

see above comment about ridiculous meta analyses of longitudinal studies

• Locked thread