Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Go The Rags, Sens, Flyers, Jackets, and Nucks. Hail Satan.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I timed getting set to watch the second period in the worst way possible. Start playing hockey already.

Veskit posted:

Which east game should I watch they're all too important for me to choose

Picture in Picture. :smug:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: Neil :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

gently caress you fatass, good penalty.

Should point out at this point that the Rangers never do what I want them to do, especially when pulling for them.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: Varone? :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: Aphrodite's sinking ship avatar is rather appropriate here. :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SoU4qzZlcw

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

loving Nash, I don't cheer for you often anymore, so give me reason. :argh:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

RIP Rental Staal

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm watching the Barrett-Jackson car auction with DET/NYR in the PIP window now because Sens gon win and there's not much going on on New York.

e- :siren: HE SAYS AS THE RANGERS TAKE THE LEAD :siren:

WHOA OH OHHHHHHHHHH....HEY...HEY...HEYHEYHEY

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Trevor Bird posted:

are the bruins in if detroit loses in regulation?

No. The only thing that happens is Boston is out with PHI beats PIT.

Wings are in with a Boston regulation loss.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

DET Result Playoff Impact
Regulation/OT win: Will clinch playoff berth

Shootout win: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Bruins lose to the Senators in any fashion
(2) Bruins defeat Senators in a shootout
(3) Flyers lose to Penguins in any fashion
* Cannot be eliminated with shootout win

OT/Shootout loss: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Bruins lose to Senators in any fashion
(2) Flyers lose to Penguins in regulation
* Cannot be eliminated with OT/shootout loss

Regulation loss: Will clinch playoff berth if:
(1) Bruins lose to Senators in regulation

Will be eliminated if all of the following occur:
(1) Bruins get at least one point against Senators
(2) Flyers defeat Penguins in any fashion

BOS Result Playoff Impact

Regulation/OT win: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Red Wings lose to Rangers in any fashion
(2) Red Wings defeat Rangers in a shootout
(3) Flyers lose to Penguins in any fashion
* Cannot be eliminated with regulation/OT win

Shootout win: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Red Wings lose to Rangers in any fashion
(2) Flyers lose to Penguins in any fashion
* Cannot be eliminated with shootout win

OT/Shootout loss: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Red Wings lose to Rangers in regulation
(2) Flyers lose to Penguins in regulation
* Cannot be eliminated with OT/shootout loss

Regulation loss: Cannot clinch playoff berth

Will be eliminated if:
(1) Flyers defeat Penguins in any fashion

PHI Result Playoff Impact

Regulation/OT win: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(2) Bruins lose to Senators in regulation

Shootout win: Same as regulation/OT win

OT/Shootout loss: Cannot clinch playoff berth

(1) Red Wings defeat Rangers in any fashion
(2) Bruins defeat Senators in any fashion

(1) Red Wings get at least one point against Rangers
(2) Bruins get at least one point against Senators

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rags gon win. :unsmith:

Detroit's getting in anyway. :smith:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I need a clip of despondent Jack ASAP.

VJeff posted:

Hahahahah Wings gonna go 0-2 and still back in, kiss my rear end everybody who's pissed about the streak.

They'll be 0-6 by the end of their playoff run.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Go The Fly-ers (clap clap clapclapclap)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Worst Penalty.

And :laffo:

VJeff posted:

Four more games than the Blue Jackets are gonna get to play. :)

The term "play" is going to be used loosely, methinks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Presumptive playoff scenario update:

quote:

DET- In
_
BOS Result Playoff Impact

Will be eliminated if:
(1) Flyers defeat Penguins in any fashion
_
PHI Result Playoff Impact
Win: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(2) Bruins lose to Senators in regulation

OT/Shootout loss: Cannot clinch playoff berth

(1) Red Wings defeat Rangers in any fashion
(2) Bruins defeat Senators in any fashion

(1) Red Wings get at least one point against Rangers
(2) Bruins get at least one point against Senators

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

So between Detroit, Boston and Philly they were contending for 2 playoff spots?

I thought Detroit and Boston both were out if Philly can get 2 points today.

drat.

Detroit is in. Philadelphia has two chances to eliminate Boston, and they clinch with a win in any fashion against either the Pens or Isles.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Puck drop now.

We Are All Flyers.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Vincent Van Goat posted:

It's NBC, so 3:45

NBC did their pre-game poo poo for 30 minutes. We playin' now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

G. :negative:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Pens trying to become less popular than they already are 'round these parts.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

It feels like every time Ive cheered for the Flyers and Bruins this year they have lost. Every time.

Lets see if it works in reverse.

Go Pens?!

I finally had the Rags win when I asked them to today. :shrug:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE.

I have an old HF nickname for Mason from CBJ days, but I don't feel like risking a probation.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?

The friend of my enemy is my fiancee?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Flyer fan cheering at the penalty call will end shortly.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I fail to see the cross-check.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Sheary, remarkably healed" -Doc

e- Every network needs to have the shot counter on their score bug like FOX regional networks do.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:tastykake:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Infidel Castro posted:

I don't get the Zatkoff hate. The only goals he let in were on a perfect pass and a deflection of a cannon shot from Ghost.

achillesforever6 posted:

Someone has to be the scapegoat

Maybe the target could be the coach the team hired because they weren't winning enough, who probably should've started Zatkoff anyway with it being a meaningless game? Neither of those were on Zatkoff. :shrug:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This reminds me of the CBJ's push in 2013, where they did what they needed to do on the last day (beat Nashville at home). The difference is, the end result was out of their hands, whereas the Flyers are in the driver's seat. EXCITING!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hooboy, that was dirty.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Never ceases to amaze me how Sestito went to poo poo after leaving Columbus.

5 and a Game?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

St. Dogbert posted:

Pens' radio team saying it shouldn't be a penalty, never mind a major.

:laffo:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

C'mon now, Flyers. You can score as many times as you want on this man advantage.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

St. Dogbert posted:

Did Vande Velde not drop his gloves there? Strange to see only one guy get a fighting major.

I think he did, but they gave him a roughing because the refs quickly got involved. The rare case where the twos wash out and the five results in a PP.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Is it even possible to have a meltdown when your team wins?

Is ugly crying counted as a meltdown, even when it's tears of joy?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm nervous because I've been pulling for the Flyers for about a month and I need something to keep hockey exciting between now and Wednesday.

15 SOG for the Pens through 2 1/2 periods.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm just glad the Flyers have made me have something to be excited about and enjoy hockey again. :3:

Leave out the crushing heartbreak part, though, FINISH THEM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Attaway there boys, milk that clock...never mind, you didn't, that's cool, just a thought.

• Locked thread