Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-crime-hastert-idUSKCN0X60TT

reuters posted:

"Richter said for the first time in 30 years he thought about the "La-Z-Boy-type" chair where prosecutors said Hastert would sit and watch as boys showered in the locker room. Federal prosecutors on Friday provided new details on the sex abuse allegations against Hastert."

"I remember this chair. Purportedly 'to keep boys from fighting,'" Richter wrote on Twitter late on Friday. He said he had not thought about the chair in 30 years, and that no one apparently questioned it at the time.

So GBS, in what ways do you abuse young boys to "keep them from fighting?" I thought back in those days people used a switch or a belt, this is a but unorthodox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
give em the ipad

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
i think we should give hastert the "chair" if you know what i mean! the electric chair!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That's really sad and makes me want to throw up, op

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

A man third in line to be president from 1999 to 2007 sexually abused children. The eagle eyed watchmen of our great nation discovered this only eight years after he stopped being the third most powerful man in government.

The National Wrestling Hall of Fame named Hastert to its "Hall of Outstanding Americans" in 2000.
The Three Fires Council of the Boy Scouts of America has honored Hastert with its distinguished service award.

As speaker, Hastert also oversaw the passage of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.

Such groups as the National Right to Life Committee, the Christian Coalition, the Chamber of Commerce and the National Rifle Association all gave his voting record perfect scores of 100. The American Conservative Union gave him an 88.

Hastert was known as a frequent critic of Bill Clinton, and immediately upon assuming the speakership, he "played a lead role" in the impeachment of the president.

In a December 2006, the House Ethics Committee determined that Hastert and other congressional leaders were "willfully ignorant" in responding to early warnings of the Mark Foley congressional page scandal, but did not violate any House rules.

On June 2, 2015, following the unsealing of the indictment against Hastert the previous month, the Denny Hastert Yorkville Invitational, "one of the most popular wrestling club tournaments in Illinois," would likely be renamed.

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 9, 2016

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

That's really sad and makes me want to throw up, op

same, Dennis Hastert is a disgusting piece of poo poo and I wish Andy Richter Controls the Universe weren't cancelled so early that was a funny show

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

lol wrasslin :911:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
hahaha the GOP speaker of the house during most of bush's presidency was a child molester

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

there's five laffos worth of comedy in that sentence

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
It's all so weird because he rose to the Speakership on the strength of being totally unremarkable. The Republican leadership was busy trying to impeach Clinton and they'd run into a few scandals of their own so found this boring backbencher from nowhere to be a figurehead while Tom Delay oozed around. Turns out the guy was a child molester.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Republicans: "No homo promo" *promos chomos*

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
They took his picture down from the gallery of Speakers they have in a the Capitol. So a hundred years from now tourists will wonder why there's an eight-year gap, look it up on whatever their smart-phone equivalent is, and learn that Dennis Hastert was a kiddy-fiddler. He's been immortalized.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

AKA Pseudonym posted:

They took his picture down from the gallery of Speakers they have in a the Capitol. So a hundred years from now tourists will wonder why there's an eight-year gap, look it up on whatever their smart-phone equivalent is, and learn that Dennis Hastert was a kiddy-fiddler. He's been immortalized.

I suppose it was better to remove it than having to deal with daily vandalism of his portrait. Security guards would have to constantly look the other way when someone comes in to spraypaint "CHILD RAPIST" or whatever

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Is that the same chair that Clint Eastwood was yelling at?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

mdm posted:

I suppose it was better to remove it than having to deal with daily vandalism of his portrait. Security guards would have to constantly look the other way when someone comes in to spraypaint "CHILD RAPIST" or whatever

they could just put an official CHILD RAPIST stencil over his picture

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

amityville anus posted:

Is that the same chair that Clint Eastwood was yelling at?

No Dennis Hastert was a Republicanedit: white

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man between this guy and all the former BBC dudes I'm starting to think ALL famous rich white guys are molesters

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Do you have to be a molester to get rich and powerful or do you get rich and powerful by being a molester?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Man between this guy and all the former BBC dudes I'm starting to think ALL famous rich white guys are molesters

I just assume that anyone who is famous/rich enough to get away with it is doing something morally abhorrent. people kinda suck

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

A man third in line to be president from 1999 to 2007 sexually abused children. The eagle eyed watchmen of our great nation discovered this only eight years after he stopped being the third most powerful man in government.

The National Wrestling Hall of Fame named Hastert to its "Hall of Outstanding Americans" in 2000.
The Three Fires Council of the Boy Scouts of America has honored Hastert with its distinguished service award.

As speaker, Hastert also oversaw the passage of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.

Such groups as the National Right to Life Committee, the Christian Coalition, the Chamber of Commerce and the National Rifle Association all gave his voting record perfect scores of 100. The American Conservative Union gave him an 88.

Hastert was known as a frequent critic of Bill Clinton, and immediately upon assuming the speakership, he "played a lead role" in the impeachment of the president.

In a December 2006, the House Ethics Committee determined that Hastert and other congressional leaders were "willfully ignorant" in responding to early warnings of the Mark Foley congressional page scandal, but did not violate any House rules.

On June 2, 2015, following the unsealing of the indictment against Hastert the previous month, the Denny Hastert Yorkville Invitational, "one of the most popular wrestling club tournaments in Illinois," would likely be renamed.

I thought there were two people named hastert, one a child molesting wrestling coach the other some gop nerd with a rule named after him. Turns out its the same guy? Lmao

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobcook/2016/04/09/the-stunning-hypocrisy-of-dennis-hastert-speaker-coach-sexual-abuser/#2dc495b45678

quote:

Alas, the federal and state statute of limitations on Hastert’s sex crimes has expired, which is why prosecutors are asking for about as much as they can — six months in prison on the banking charges to which Hastert plead guilty.
Hell, make him a mod, i say

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

serves him right for killing phil hartman imo

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

are congressional republicans going to rename the "hastert rule" which says they can't allow a vote unless all Republicans agree to vote yes?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

BeefThief posted:

are congressional republicans going to rename the "hastert rule" which says they can't allow a vote unless all Republicans agree to vote yes?

wait. that is a thing that they admit exists? i mean, that is obviously what they do instead of the voting which is supposedly their jobs, but i wasnt aware that they publicly admitted as much.

also that big bio post makes it sound like passing no child left behind is something laudable.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

amityville anus posted:

Do you have to be a molester to get rich and powerful or do you get rich and powerful by being a molester?

You kind of said the same thing twice there bud

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Flavahbeast posted:

serves him right for killing phil hartman imo

no that was another person who seems like a chomo

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

You kind of said the same thing twice there bud

so yeah?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

amityville anus posted:

I suspect that because of the nature of their disgusting perversion, pedophiles tend to watch each others' backs, so if one gets into a position of power, he holds open the back gate for all his little buddies. They're kind of like roaches in that way, or the killer androids from "Second Variety."

Unironically string them up with piano wire and put their bodies on display in front of the court house.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Applewhite posted:

I suspect that because of the nature of their disgusting perversion, pedophiles tend to watch each others' backs, so if one gets into a position of power, he holds open the back gate for all his little buddies. They're kind of like roaches in that way, or the killer androids from "Second Variety."

Unironically string them up with piano wire and put their bodies on display in front of the court house.

i guess you could say they're lizard people

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Has anyone figured out what forum he modded?

But seriously, that's uh....that's bad

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

That Robot posted:

hahaha the GOP speaker of the house during most of bush's presidency was a child molester

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

there's five laffos worth of comedy in that sentence

i appreciate you counting them out because i kept on trying to count them myself and they keep moving

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
and we laugh at the british...

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

oh was that supposed to be intentional

:thejoke:

real talk though a disproportionate number of people in power get away with raping people it's sick af

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Business Gorillas posted:

i appreciate you counting them out because i kept on trying to count them myself and they keep moving

thank you for doing what you do every day, mister gorillas

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Denny's - eat fresh

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Malinois posted:

Denny's - eat fresh

lol I was thinking about adding a Denny's joke but couldn't think of a good one ty

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Gandalfs gobble

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

mdm posted:

lol I was thinking about adding a Denny's joke but couldn't think of a good one ty

np, still can't beat this one:

That Robot posted:

the GOP speaker of the house during most of bush's presidency was a child molester
it's cringeworthy, it's true, and i can't stop laughing about it

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
death to pedos but financial structuring charges are extortionary bullshit like civil asset forfeiture

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

AKA Pseudonym posted:

It's all so weird because he rose to the Speakership on the strength of being totally unremarkable. The Republican leadership was busy trying to impeach Clinton and they'd run into a few scandals of their own so found this boring backbencher from nowhere to be a figurehead while Tom Delay oozed around. Turns out the guy was a child molester.

I suspect the individuals with these perversions have had years of daily practice blending into society so their predatory nature does not arouse suspicion.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

AKA Pseudonym posted:

You figure Delay knew, and used that knowledge to keep Hastert toeing the line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

gleebster posted:

You figure Delay knew, and used that knowledge to keep Hastert toeing the line?

If so, he's a reprehensible man for delaying justice

• Locked thread