Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
they are going to rename them the edmonton spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Instead of kicks the dirt and saying "aw shucks" like the morons they are, why don't they implement a rule that you can't draft #1 x amount of years after they had previous? Then they can't have a 2nd, if they've had a 2nd overall pick in x amount of years. So basically if you finish last three years in a row the best you could do is 1st overall, 2nd overall, 3rd overall in consecutive years.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't really care if Edmonton fans get pissed off. If they win #1 this year the NHL should seriously consider not giving it to them.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
It'll be fun watching an expansion team make the playoffs before Edmonton.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

theScore ‏@theScore
Maple Leafs sign Morgan Rielly, Nazem Kadri to 6-year contracts.
http://thesco.re/1SMwdmB

No numbers known as of now.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Kadri and Rielly have reportedly signed 6-year deals. No word on salary yet.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

i am the bird posted:

It'll be fun watching an expansion team make the playoffs before Edmonton.

This is their penance for betraying the true hockey god, and long may the darkness reign over them.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Leafs are about to announce new 6 year deals for Kadri and Reilly.

Reilly good. Kadri? Not so much.

e: Beaten. I still think you have to be nuts to lock up someone for 6 years with such a rumored appetite for booger sugar.

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 13, 2016

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nah, Kadri's good and still has plenty of career left in front of him. Dollar value is gonna be make or break on that deal.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Plan the fuckin parade

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

4.5 for Kadri, 5 for Reilly

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

TSNBobMcKenzie posted:

Kadri's AAV is $4.5M and Rielly's is $5M. Both 6 year deals.
What kind of photos does Lou have of these guys?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I hope by the end of Kadri's contract he's cost the Leafs at least one years salary in embellishment fines

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

MassaShowtime posted:

4.5 for Kadri, 5 for Reilly

Solid for Rielly but Kadri is now on one of the best contracts in the league.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Man those are good deals. Well done Dubois and co. The Leafs having competent, forward thinking management scares the crap out of me.

It also just occurred to me that somehow Toronto have become the best managed Canadian team, Jesus Christ.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Meatlong Football posted:

What kind of photos does Lou have of these guys?

It's just their official team pictures.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah that's solid. Wow color me impressed.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Rielly came in about where people expected, Kadri's deal is pretty surprising. Dude barely got a raise.

This makes Rielly and Kadri the third and fourth highest-paid Leafs on the roster, respectively. Who thinks they can name the two highest-paid Leaf players without looking?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

Rielly came in about where people expected, Kadri's deal is pretty surprising. Dude barely got a raise.

This makes Rielly and Kadri the third and fourth highest-paid Leafs on the roster, respectively. Who thinks they can name the two highest-paid Leaf players without looking?

Easily Lupul and Horton

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Koopa Kid posted:

Lupul and Horton?

Just looked, and I win the prize.

e: I also didn't realize that Kadri signed the exact same deal Laich signed just before the 11-12 season.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

He's not a player, but Babcock is still paid more than anyone on the team which is just great.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

And neither of those guys will likely play a game for the Leafs again, despite being signed for at least 2 more seasons!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

And neither of those guys will likely play a game for the Leafs again, despite being signed for at least 2 more seasons!

I really hope Horton never plays again so the contract he signed with the Jackets can clock in at a shade over $1M per actual game played. He signed a 7 year $37.1M contract prior to the 2013-14 season, and has appeared in exactly 36 games since.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

Those deals are awesome and put a smile on my face. I think in 2 years time people are going to be looking at Reilly's contract as incredible value.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

I really hope Horton never plays again so the contract he signed with the Jackets can clock in at a shade over $1M per actual game played. He signed a 7 year $37.1M contract prior to the 2013-14 season, and has appeared in exactly 36 games since.

Does the canceled one count?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/BrianHofmann/status/720019173951324160

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
drinking the lou-aid

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Poonerman posted:

drinking the lou-aid

I miss that wily bastard.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
N:

ThinkTank posted:

Man those are good deals. Well done Dubois and co. The Leafs having competent, forward thinking management scares the crap out of me.

It also just occurred to me that somehow Toronto have become the best managed Canadian team, Jesus Christ.

V:

:unsmith:

I love my dumb gay team.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Yea I'm slowly getting more and more depressed as I realize that the ~decade of being able to say "at least we aren't the leafs", that leafs-dislike-smugness that brought all of us together, is gone now. And now my team is gonna be lovely, while the leafs are actively doing the things I wish my team would do. I'd say they deserve it after all the many, many terrible things that have happened to them, but that was a huge part of hockey entertainment for me so fuckem

:anime: leafs is the hate that binds us

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
These are prudent deals, but I get the feeling that the Leafs, after clearing out all that capspace the past 2 years, are going to really open up the money hose this offseason. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved picks and prospects too.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Now for Bozak to get traded for whatever poo poo and I'm a happy camper

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/THNKenCampbell/status/720274983360929793

i.e. keep your eyes on that brown fella

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I look forward to six more years of Kadri throwing temper tantrums while losing against the Sabres because he's a big dumbass baby

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'm not sure if its Lou Evil Wizard GM powers, or if like, Babcock is that good that players are willing to take smaller contracts to play for him, maybe a combination of both.

Anyways those are probably the two best contracts in the league and I'm jealous of the Leafs for being smart.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

There are three legit (to the people who have them) reasons to dislike Kadri.

1.) Brown - Shut the gently caress up.
2.) Streaky - Most goal scorers are.
3.) Embellishes - It's year three, this is on you now.

Edit.)

4.) Is a Maple Leaf. Can't do anything about that one.

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 13, 2016

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Those contracts are both absurdly good. I mean, god drat.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

whatis posted:

I look forward to six more years of Kadri throwing temper tantrums while losing against the Sabres because he's a big dumbass baby

If those six years include the parts where he's a good faceoff guy and play maker and draws penalties like nuts in every other game then I'm ok with this.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Yaya posted:

I'm not sure if its Lou Evil Wizard GM powers, or if like, Babcock is that good that players are willing to take smaller contracts to play for him, maybe a combination of both.

Anyways those are probably the two best contracts in the league and I'm jealous of the Leafs for being smart.

My thinking was it was a combination of taking advantage of his desire to stay in Toronto for family reasons, and making a good case about his future ability to stay unsuspended. I hadn't thought about it, but maybe "don't you want to stick around for the Babcock era?" was thrown in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Kadri embellishes like a mother fucker, and the value he adds from that is crazy good. He's a tremendous fucker, but he's our fucker.

Flocons de Jambon posted:

These are prudent deals, but I get the feeling that the Leafs, after clearing out all that capspace the past 2 years, are going to really open up the money hose this offseason. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved picks and prospects too.

At some point the Leafs have to move their pick/prospects for players, yeah. They only have oh so many contract slots. They might not necessarily do it this year, though. They could make the picks, and then trade the picked players before they have to sign them to ELCs.

They also don't have all that much contract space. Some of that money is technically-on-the-books money like Horton, Lupul, and Robidas, but that still restricts what they can do in the offseason.

• Locked thread