Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jordan7hm posted:

He does pull his goalies real early though, which is a thing analytics guys were suggesting for ages. He bad though.

That Buffalo writer who wrote the thing about ROR has to be the worst for writing. Or maybe something written about one of the Kanes. Maybe even by that same Buffalo writer.

Who was that Winnipeg reporter who wrote that fan fic about Kane not signing something for the guy's sons (nephew?) because of *disrespect*. Might have been two years ago now that I think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dale Ouise posted:

Holy poo poo...!

Is this a holy poo poo of approval?

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

JawKnee posted:

Sent. I don't read sports journalism so I had no votes for that bit

Yea I was a bit stuck on that one too

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is this a holy poo poo of approval?

Yeah. I can't believe I forgot about Doug while naming the awards.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
We should have a SASAwards.

The Wayne Gretzky Award for poster of the year.

The Austrian Mook for Shitposter of the year.

The Okposalypse Memorial trophy.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

LumpyGumby posted:

We should have a SASAwards.

The Wayne Gretzky Award for poster of the year.

The Okposalypse Memorial trophy.

That would end terribly.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I do think we could name a positive award after Teemu Selanne. It could be for the guy who makes you forget any rivalry-based dislikes with his decency and sick skills.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teemu Selanne and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Team Award.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

CBJSprague24 posted:

On the owners' award, there's an owner I'm voting for which makes sense if you look at the picture and read the description closely and think outside the box in the sports world a bit.

Think inside the box and vote for Ed Snider.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
no rookies were really that bad vs. expectations this year. i didn't realize drouin had already played so much last year so since he's out i wasn't really sure who else qualified. i guess bennett and reinhart would be towards the top due to their draft position but their seasons weren't that bad either

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Reinhart maybe?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I do think we could name a positive award after Teemu Selanne. It could be for the guy who makes you forget any rivalry-based dislikes with his decency and sick skills.

Aphrodite posted:

Teemu Selanne and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Team Award.

Having a kind of One Good Thing Award seems like a decent idea, but I think it could be achieved by voting for the Lady Byng in the other thread.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Frank Vatrano scored 33 goals in 33 games in the AHL but only managed 11 points in 40 with Boston, which is probably a little less than fans were hoping for.

Darnell Nurse finally burned an ELC year but failed to save the Oilers and wasn't very impactful.

Griffin Reinhart is in the same boat, drafted in between Galchenyuk and Rielly but this is technically his rookie year, only managed 1 point and kinda sucked.

Oh yeah noted sought-after college FA Mike Reilly was terrible

Anthony Mantha didn't do much but he only barely made the cutoff at 10 games

Koopa Kid fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 11, 2016

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

My vote was Nurse, dude was bad and Ristolainen who was picked a spot later is so much better than him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vatrano played for the Bruins first though, then scored those goals after being sent down so there were no hopes to be dashed.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Vatrano played for the Bruins first though, then scored those goals after being sent down so there were no hopes to be dashed.

Yeah he was probably more of a surprise than anything, but he didn't make much of an impact in subsequent short call-ups. Kind of a reach for sure.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Daigle is out, Wickenheiser is in.

Also, I'm going to leave it up to you guys to decide if you want a Teemu award.

Leave your choice on this strawpoll and I'll keep it running until there's a clear winner.

http://strawpoll.me/7344893

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I picked Plotnikov, Froese and Reinhart for the Daigle

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dale Ouise posted:

Daigle is out, Wickenheiser is in.

Also, I'm going to leave it up to you guys to decide if you want a Teemu award.

Leave your choice on this strawpoll and I'll keep it running until there's a clear winner.

http://strawpoll.me/7344893

Can we call it the gently caress Corey Perry, Marry, Kill Award?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
my votes for the daigle, by the way, were reinhart, bennett, and ehlers, none of whom were bad but they didn't light the world on fire either

nurse is probably a good pick but his season is also completely unsurprising for a player of his age and style, he'll probably be good but isn't likely to come into his own for several years

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I voted Wideman for my Dale Hunter Award but I may have suffered a concussion this morning so please reduce the weight of my vote by half.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
are we allowed to take off-ice transgressions into account? this is important for the dale hunter

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Poonerman posted:

are we allowed to take off-ice transgressions into account? this is important for the dale hunter

Last year's winner was Slava Voynov, so yes.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i would certainly hope that everyone voted for someone whose last name was kane

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

a false posted:

I seriously forgot all about Pat Kane, gently caress

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

a false posted:

the top-3 for the dale hunter was shockingly easy

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

LumpyGumby posted:

Can Mook win his own award? Because if so, I don't see this being much of a competition year in and year out.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The Hunter award should be for on-ice conduct, and there should be a separate one for off-ice conduct. Either the Mike Danton Award, or the Eddie Belfour Award for One Billion Dollars.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

darkwolf220 posted:

Can Mook win his own award? Because if so, I don't see this being much of a competition year in and year out.

mook's gone, man.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Zodijackylite posted:

The Hunter award should be for on-ice conduct, and there should be a separate one for off-ice conduct. Either the Mike Danton Award, or the Eddie Belfour Award for One Billion Dollars.

:agreed:

I totally forgot about Kane, to be honest, but I wouldn't mind if they were two different things. Duncan Keith needs his time in the sun

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Even with what Keith did I cant find room for him in the top 3, even splitting it into on-ice and off-ice.

Reminder that Raffi Torres did in fact start the season as an NHL player on an NHL team before taking another healthy long suspension for being a dickbag shitmonster and is eligible for votes.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Jordan7hm posted:

mook's gone, man.

Mook is never gone for good :tinfoil:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Zodijackylite posted:

Dino Ciccarelli dangling weiner award

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Dino Ciccarelli dangling weiner award

Might as well name it after the first person who is going to win it. The Patrick Kane Gives Back To Buffalo Award.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Picked Nick Ritchie for the Daigle for his 4 points in 33 games, 10th overall pick. Compard to: Nylander 8th overall, 13 points in 22 games; Ehlers 9th overall, 38 points in 72 games; Larkin 15th overall, 45 in 80.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

darkwolf220 posted:

Who was that guy that was making GBS threads up N/V the other day? Can he win?

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Zodijackylite posted:

Dale doesn't exactly have a clean record off the ice either

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

mook's gone, man.

he'll always be in here

*taps finger on your heart*
*winks*

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

yellowcar posted:

he'll always be in here

*winks*

In our farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

yellowcar posted:

he'll always be in here

*winks*

A doctor can clear this right up, you know.

• Locked thread