Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thejoshie
May 3, 2013

=================================

...It has begun...

It has been weeks since the reigning champion, Cheerleader Marie, was forced to give up her title due to injury. The Commissioner of the MWW made an executive decision... where she decided to put the belt up for grabs at this years Regal Wrangle. At the hallowed halls of Madison Square Gardens, we will have a new champion!

16 Women.

One ring.

One path.

One destiny.

And it all starts...

RIGHT NOW!

-----------------------
[i]And it's here that the PPV's theme plays! Highlights are shown of all the events leading to this event! Each of you have had no small part in these events.

Interspersed in between these highlights are 30 second promos of various women participating in this match.

Tess- (Kayfabe)You caused all of this. You injured Cheerleader Marie on the last PPV. I forgot the name of it, what was it called, again? Either way, provide the highlight of this injury, and how did you win without winning the belt?.

As for your Promo, well, tonight, you team with an old friend, Kimiko, to face off against the red hot combination of Rosa and Little Hellion... the reunion of Red Ink! Cut a promo! What do you say about Red Ink and the Wrangle itself?

(Shoot) This was supposed to be you and Maria vs. Rosa in a handicap. The booking team decided to change the match so that Kimiko replaced Maria and that Hellion was added to this match... were you behind this?

Rosa (Kayfabe) You have a bone with the Commissioner... who was she again? And what did she do that pissed you off this time? And what did you do to her that 'nearly' had you in a handicap before Little Hellion came to your aid?

Your promo is obviously about the tag match... and about the low number you drew in the Wrangle. Obviously, Commissioner whats her name is behind this. Feel free to rant about it. Cut a promo!

(Shoot) So... Hellion is added at the last second. How do you feel about the rumor that Hellion is being used as a pawn in backstage politics?

Kimiko (Kayfabe) What are the highlights of Kimiko's path to the Regal Wrangle. And who did she beat to get in? Whomever it was, she did so in record time.

(Shoot) You found out about the change of plans this morning. The woman you DID NOT want to work with... well, you're working with her. Because of politics. What are your thoughts on this?

Ria (Kayfabe) Tonight you face Maria Madonna. A dangerous woman who have been undefeated since her return to the MWW. However, what accolade have you done to make people believe that you have what it takes to beat this woman? See... someone else was undefeated and you defeated her. Show the highlight!

As for your promo, what do you have to say to Maria... and what do you have to say about the Regal Wrangle?

(Shoot) So... you vs. your idol! How do you feel of this? Think you're ready if the bookers decide to run a program between you two?

Little Hellion (Kayfabe) Welp, you're in the Wrangle. How the heck did you pull this off! Who did you upset to win a spot in this match? Describe her.

Your Promo will be interesting. You're part of your first Regal Wrangle! What do you say about that!?

Oh... and what do you have to say about tagging with your former Tattoo sister?

(Shoot) This is your chance... but considering that there are rumors that you are here merely because Tess prevented Maria from being higher up the card. Thoughts on this?

Maria (Kayfabe) You are on a roll. This momentum has gave you a birth in the Regal Wrangle... but you have to worry about one slight road bump: Ria Rupel.

Show a highlight of your carnage. Let's see you in action! Lets see why Ria should fear you...

Then cut a promo to seal the deal... not only striking fear in Ria, but to the other 15 women in the Regal Wrangle!

(Shoot) So... you were supposed to crush some no-name and go into the Regal Wrangle with some big time momentum. But no, last minute change. How do you feel about this change? You believe the backstage rumor that Theresa Sousa is behind this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Look 0 | Power -1 | Real -1 | Work 2
Audience 2 | Momentum: 2 (+1 From Veteran Instincts)

Clips of last months PPV play, the main event of Redlight Riot, Tess versus Cheerleader Marie for the World Championship. Flashes of a grueling match speed by before slowing to show the two women standing on the announcers table trading blows. Suddenly Tess lands a boot to the champs gut! This is it, the setup for the Scrunt! The champ is pulled into a side headlock, and there it is! Cheerleader Marie is driven headfirst straight through the announcers table! The screen flashes into a red overlay as it cuts to shots of Marie landing awkwardly on one of the monitors! Cuts to the paramedics carting the champ away, her right arm in a splint. A furious Tess is declared the victor as Cheerleader Marie is declared to still be the champion.

"It seems like tonight is gonna be something of a reunion! Me and Saito are back together and the midget euro-trash combo are teaming again! Here's an idea, why don't I get them reacquainted with my boot as well! What a joke of a match really. I could tag with a broom and still come out on top of these two! But hey, if they wanna pay me for an easy win I'll gladly take their money. Oh and before I forget, stay outta my way in the Wrangle. That's my title and I intend to claim it tonight!"

(12:40) ShootaBoy: Cut a Promo
(12:40) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6
(12:40) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 3 = 3
(12:40) ShootaBoy: welp
An auspicious start.

Shoot
Ok so I was kinda, sorta, maaaybe behind the card change a little bit. Mostly I argued for a spot for Hellion, even just a quick run in to even the odds, and I might have said put me with anyone but Maria, but really that part was more a gentle suggestion than anything else. I didn't really expect them to change it up so heavily that close to the big day. Not that I'm complaining.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 11, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Look -1 | Power +1 | Real +1 | Work -2 | Audience 2 | Momentum 1 | Injuries ☐☐☐

It starts with a trill of flamenco guitar, and the face turning framed by shadowed roses to face the camera with her eyes closed. The flamenco makes direct reference to how she originally debuted, her original entrance music and gimmick, and the soft hiss of booing and a rowdy crowd fills the opening of the package. All of that is swept away with a single crash, and the snorting of a bull, as it cuts to Maria delivering her Matador Lariat and straight up flooring internet darling Vicky Forge, her crushing debut match. And with that, the crowd is absolutely silent, locked with her face looking down on a knocked out opponent. The bell rings, melting into a church's toll, and Maria's eyes open. "Who else can stand against me?" The words are voiceovered, as the lips only give the slightest smile, before breaking into further highlights.

Each sequence of the matches leading up to Redlight Riot. Lariat. Spear. Slam. Lariat. Every hit is murder, but that's just flash. It's the last highlighted sequence that really digs into both the viewer, and Ria, because it goes beyond the flash. The rematch at Redlight Riot between Madonna and Forge was though to be a path to contendership. Either management's new heel to face against Marie if she retained, or a crowd favorite in need of a strong win to retain their momentum toward a hot feud against Tess. Whatever the intention, reality had different plans, and whatever the decision made behind the curtain, the finish was brutal, with a shocking submission victory as Madonna put Forge in a visibly painful mandible claw and worked her down onto her knees, all but looking like she was going to rip her head off. That's the sequence that sticks in the mind, lacking perhaps some of the shine of the finisher or signature look, pure pain given life by Forge's selling work and Madonna's power.

"See what happens if you stand in the way of my title? All will learn at my feet."

The crowd was hot to see Madonna put down. She had all but killed one of their most beloved wrestlers, signalling Vicky's falling into the lower part of the card. And now she was matched to destroy another crowd darling, heat buoyed by the feeling that she was undeserving, that she didn't work hard enough, that was carried in both kayfab narrative and in smarky discussions. Creative knew how to toe this line, but the promo was not electric. She didn't carry it with her presence, only the narrative, and she didn't have the gift of gab. The only words she used were carefully chosen and picked to highlight that special moment that forecast today's match, when she came out of the ring upon Ria's shining comeback victory against another undefeated's streak, in her full entrance gear as if ready to come out and face her, but once again denying the crowd, she took the mic, and tried to ruin Ria's moment as best she could.

Most of the promo, which wasn't that great when it was said but made very pithy and fitting by editing here, was truncated, with a single sentence all that needed to be said.

"What flies high..." Leaning heavily into her accent, this was cut with Ria's suicide dives and rope maneuvers, though pointedly missing her moments of true triumph.

"Tiene que bajar." These last words cut with a scoop powerslam as Maria scooped Vicky from her ill-advised attempt to drop from the third rope, slamming the previous "people's champ" down definitively to the mat, and the shot lingers on Maria's impassive, made intimidating by context, expression.

Shooting a Promo.
4:40:25 PM TrickyDickNixon !r 2d6-1
4:40:27 PM Krysmbot TrickyDickNixon, 7-1 = 6
Going to expend my starting Momentum to make that a 7, saving it from being a botch to get some of that sweet +1 Heat with Ria Rupel, and really make the fans clamor to see this match.

Meanwhile, backstage...

Leaning into each swing, Maria pounded away at the bag she brought with her on the road. It wasn't out of the way, or even really technically backstage, but a backlot near the arena where she parked her camper. She traveled in her "caravan" as opposed to by car, an expensive option but one that afforded a little privacy though she occasionally shared it with other wrestlers, as was the custom. Few went out of their way to share the ride with her on tours, being she had a bad reputation, but this was all paid for out of her own pocket, which to be fair is often the case for wrestlers out on the road and booking their accommodations. Maria hated interrupting her training regimen, hated finding gymns, hated hotels, and everything that came with it. Sometimes, when she had a lot on her mind, it came in useful, like now. She had a lot of thoughts to work through.

Maria felt she knew exactly what has been happening from the very start. It'd been a pattern since she came to the company, and hadn't let up. Maria early on blamed this pattern for her lack of success under her own name, without this current gimmick. She was proven wrong by the numbers and time, and even she had come to terms with that. It would be a lie to say it still didn't stick in Maria's craw that the name Sousa came up again and again when this all happened. She was determined however to roll it. If an easy win was to be denied her, let it be hard. This wasn't just some crowd darling that Creative felt that they could feed, who was likely taking time off anyway. This was a comeback of a shining star, someone who was beloved in exactly the way Maria had strove to be. How else better to break their illusions, about Rupel, about Madonna, about their dreams, than here?

Gracias, Theresa Sousa. The thought repeated itself in her head with each heavy swing, until she felt she was exhausting herself, and leaned her shoulder against the heavy, suspended bag. Thank you.

Of course she's not bitter. Of course she'll rise above this.

So long as she wins...

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Look -1 | Power 0 | Real -1 | Work 2 | Audience 1 | Momentum: 1 | Injury 0/3

The short video package starts with a series of short two-second clips of a few competitors tapping out to a variety of submissions holds, half of which are different versions of the Saito Lock. Faces in agony, tapping out as a last resort before anyone gets severely injured in any way. The faces are barely recognizable except for the last one, an experienced competitor who's been working a very gothic gimmick: Bella Morte. She's gone less supernatural over the last year or so, to try to match up with a face turn, instead focusing on the voodoo costumes rather than cursing her opponents. During their match, Bella was distracted by a mysteriously robed figure standing at the top of the ramp, leading to Saito smashing her into the corner hard and quickly locking in the Saito lock in the middle of the ring. Despite lasting a good ten seconds in the hold, Bella was forced to tap out very quickly. Kimiko's voice cuts through the clip right as the tapout fades into more enhancement talent tapouts before the camera moves to a shot of Kimiko in aviators and a fancy red leather jacket over her wrestling singlet.

"It seems an old friend needs help dealing with the trash before the Regal Wrangle tonight. The reunion of Red Ink will be short-lived when I break one of their necks. Either one of them. It isn't about that Little Hellion's free spirit, or Rosa's politics. It isn't personal. You are in my way, making it harder to win in the championship spot that I earned. You can just quit now, save us all the trouble. We all know how this will end."

The audible sound effect of a bone breaking is heard as the camera cuts away from Kimiko to the next highlight video, parting with another face in pain and tapping out.

[07:56.42] <thelazyblank> Cut A Promo
[07:56.45] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6-1
[07:56.46] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 7-1 = 6
Spend starting momentum to make that a 7, gain +1 heat with Rosa.
Also, did we have a heat sheet? Might be nice to track everything in the same place.

Backstage, before the show

I'd expect people around me to play politics to get me stuck in a match with the.. enhancement talent. Look, I've made it known that I have no problem with Octavia, just what wrestling her means for my career. I'm not going to go with any politics to get out of this. Not yet, at least. It's a tag match, maybe I can make it look like a worthwhile win, maybe I could focus on Rosa. Either way, I need to meet with all three of them before the match. Talk about this match, which is going to matter more than the Regal Wrangle when it comes to being memorable. That's why I'm here. If they decided to put the title on me, it'd make it easier, but I can wait at least a few shows for that. Making a name for myself, that's more important.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Look: 0 | Power: -2 | Real: -1 | Work: +2 | Audience 2 | Momentum 1 | Injuries ☐☐☐ |

The promo begins with all the excitement and flare that Ria's promotional team could put into the five or so minutes that the video would play for. Pumping electro-pop beats, Ria's highlight reel showed off every high flying, crowd-gasping, death-defying stunt she pulled during Redline Riot, each self-gratifying shout from the announcer only making every feat seem that much more heroic. "The Comeback Kid!" Smash cut to her match with Bernice "The Bear" Renolds, where the six-foot five monster had Ria on the ropes...or so it seemed! No, she had only been wearing her down, landing elbows, knees, and flying kicks before leaping from the ropes and choke slamming the much larger competitor into the mat with a thud that the whole arena could feel in their spines, the post-editing throwing in an earthquake SFX for extra measure. "Risen from the ashes!" Then, a reminder of some humility, a black-and-white replay of the match that almost cost her everything, the fractured leg that sent silence through the crowd. As she lifted herself onto the ropes, the color returned, as the music rose to a triumphant peak. Cut to Ria talking in front of a black background, punching a bag in slow motion, a voiceover playing.

"Maria thinks she can scare the fight out of me. She's not the first. If I let every trumped up bully push me around, I wouldn't be here right now, and she's about to learn a timeless lesson." The finish of the Bernice fight plays again, with extra emphasis on the fall, as Ria makes her pin and the ref starts to count.

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

The ref continues to count, "Three, two, one, she's out!", as the promo fades to black.

Cutting a promo - 2d6: 8 [2d6=2, 6]
Gaining +1 Heat with Maria Madonna, get the fans hyped about what will surely be a titanic match, a match she'd love to watch if only she wasn't in it!

Meanwhile, backstage...

Oh man, I really didn't think this booking was going to swing this way, but I had a suspicion after they put me up against The Bear that they were ramping me up to an even more ridiculous bout. Not sure how Tess pulled off such a last-minute shuffle but I can't say I don't appreciate it. I mean, a chance to fight Maria Madonna? I haven't exactly made friends with her backstage, she's waaaay too intense, but maybe I can get a chance to talk to her before things get started. I still have her old boxing poster up on the wall in my apartment, so I admit I'm a little starstruck, but that isn't gonna change how I fight. Hero or not, if she's between me and the championship, she'd better get out of the way or bring her best to the ring tonight. Not going to get left behind again, nuh-uh, not when this golden opportunity just fell in our collective laps like this! Almost wish Marie could have dived out sooner, it's not like she was doing anything new or exciting up there. Time for some new blood on the top card.

Juchero fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 11, 2016

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Look: +1, Power : -2,Real: +1 Work: -1 Audience: 1

The promo opens with a shot of Rosa sitting at a bar drinking a nondescript beer. "My dad used to say, that you can judge how well you spent your day by how many people in power you've pissed off."
Shot and audio parts of recent events. Her showing up to protest a Trump rally, and getting into a fight when someone sucker punches her, the following tv talking heads talking about radical leftist activists, the comissioner of the MWW apologizing and promising disciplinary measures, followed by scenes of her early draw in the Wrangle.
Switch to a shot of Rosa finishing her beer and wiping her mouth. 'I've had a good week!"
Oi Polloi starts playing as the scene shows Rosa walking to the ring surrounded by cheering fans. "But the real prize ain't something a commissioner can take! All they can do is try to break me." Her voice getting heated up in anger
Sinister brief shots of Tess and Kimiko. "The Dog of War and her legbreaker are here to try. But you know what?"
Several shots of Rosa delivering vicious kicks and blows to Tess and Kimiko, finishing with the bruised, battered and bleeding Rosa pinning an equally bleeding groggy Kimiko to the mat, the final shot of the contest that started Rosa's 'rise'. "I am unbreakable!" Rosa is shouting now.
A close up shot of two hands, both adorned with spiky bracelets exchanging a tag, followed by several shots of Rosa and Little Hellion teaming up on other wrestlers. "And I'm not alone! Red Ink is back!"
Another shot of the audience cheering for Rosa. "And you will be there with me! And remember, do not ever let anyone make you feel small or helpless or that you can't make a difference! If somebody tries?" A shot of Rosa delivering some very vicious kicks. "You put the boot in!"
"So get ready folks!" A poster of the official MWW poster, with someone spraypainting the logo of Red Ink on it. "For a Red Letter day."

Cut a Promo: 2d6+1 9

Hah, Commissioner Steele is pretty legit pissed at me I'm thinking. Well, Thatcher cosplayer shouldn't have kicked some of my fans with the Sanders 2016 shirts out. If she didn't expect me to do something to get back to her, well, then she hasn't been watching her own shows. Maybe she got a friendly visit from the nice gentlemen of the Secret Service or something. Anyway, no regrets. For the opportunity to show some actual teeth in resistance against that short fingered little Mussolini wannabe would have been worth it even if I was gonna get squished bad tonight. And hell, as it is, I'm pretty drat pleased I get to tag team with Octavia again.

Just worried that she's being used. Maybe they're trying to push me back in jobber territory? Or hoping to dillute things by making me more focused on being 'angry, counterculture girls' rather than 'political stuff'. But why? Management probably would have liked to have a beatdown delivered, and Octavia herself didn't seem the type to have pressed this issue. if Octavia pushed management more, well, Red Ink probably would have gone on to be non-jobbers together. Tess' name got mentioned a lot. She had a lot of pull, but Rosa kind of doubted it. The woman's history with Kimiko hadn't exactly gone well. No, personally, she thought Maria might have been more responsible for it. The girl was ambitious and eager to prove herself. Well, she was already on her second chance, but she still didn't have to like anyone sucking up to management.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Look -1 Power -1 Real 0 Work +1 Audience 0 Injury 0/3

[i]The promo seems like a highlight reel for Hellion's opponent, as it first focuses on her persevering through punishment. But as Erin Darkwater stands up on the corner to come down on Hellion the color in the video fades out and the text appears "Pride comes before the fall." Hellion pulls up her knees causing her opponent to plant her stomach into them, sealing the upset for that match.
Hellion appears in a dimly lit room with a exposed light bulb swinging from the ceiling. "The first of many." She folds her arms and grins. "Try as they might I won't stay down. Through blood sweat and tears I'll persevere until I'm the last one standing. Now I've crawled my way up to the big match. So laugh it up while you can. Because they bigger they are the harder they fall. And not just stature, big careers make quite the crash too. So better watch out old timer." Hellion waves with her fingers good bye. "Good luck~"

Shoot a Promo 7 +1 heat with Tess

My first real solo promo so I kept it short and sweet before I could screw it up. It'll be cool to be in the ring with Rosa again, I guess. I haven't really figured out how I feel about it. So I have even less of an idea of how Hellion is going to react. Rosa is always pushing management. I don't want to get caught in the fallout. I might have to keep her at arm's length.
Erin was real cool about the booking changes. We're thinking we can make a feud out of it maybe. She has a bad cop gimmick going so we're a natural match to be at each other throats. But right now I gotta focus on what could be my big break. I don't really care about the politics of it. Yeah even I've heard about it. Well someone should be better at making friends I guess. I'm going to keep my eye open for any opportunities though. It'd really be poetic if I got to pull one over on Tess, when she was the one that had me brought in to get one over on someone else.

Really I'm just doing everything I can to focus on making the match good. I don't want to choke with all those cameras on me. What matters is the job, I can hash out whatever with the others back stage. The camera doesn't forgive.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
World Wide Wrestling Presents:

Regal Wrangle 2016!!!!

-----------------------------------

Fire works go off in the hallowed halls of Madison Square Garden as the camera pans the legion of screaming fans, most of whom are waving signs when the sense the camera on them. After the long and expected camera panning shot of the live gate, the scene shifts to the Commentary booth at ringside.

The camera focuses on Christina "Chris" Mckay and "Rude" Rikki Rockaway with a backdrop of front row fans behind them screaming their heads off. One very noticele sign reads: "FEAR THE RED LETTER". After a few moments to compose themselves over the noise, Christina speaks.

"Hello, everyone and welcome to the majestic Madison Square Garden, a building synonymous to wrestling history... and that trend will continue tonight!" She pauses. "I'm Christina McKay and alongside me is Rude Rikki Rockaway, and tonight we again enter one of the most exciting matches in the MWW season!"

"It's my favorite time of year, Chris. 20 women, every athlete for herself... and tonight the pot is even higher! The World title is at stake! Heads are going to roll tonight!"

"Indeed, one of the twenty women will take up the reigns left by Cheerleader Marie. Definitely a chance of a lifetime!"

Rikki snickers here. "And speaking of 'chance', I heard from a very reliable source that Rosa has a snowball's chance in hell of winning tonight. A horrible draw... there is speculation she drew number one!"

"Wouldn't surprise me, after the way she has pissed off Commissioner Steele last week..."

"Easy now, just watch what you are saying, there! Our fair and just Commish would never stoop so low as to rig the Regal Wrangle draw!"

"Be that as it may, Rosa must first make it there as she and Little Hellion, Red Ink, faces of against..."

"Okay, and I have to intertupt you there! The only Red Ink we will see is the Red Ink stain in the middle of the ring as Tess and Kimiko Saito stomps a mudhole in them and watches it dry."

"I seriously doubt that... but we'll see as that match will kick off the festivities here in the Garden!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty, we're starting off with Tess/Kimiko vs Rosa/Hellion

Post your entrances, Heels first. If you work the crowd, roll 'Work the audience'. If you do a pre match interview prior to your entrance, roll a 'promo'

Tricky Dick Nixon, you will be the guest play by play of this match. Feel free to make up a personality who will call the match alongside McKay and Rockaway.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Look -1 | Power 0 | Real -1 | Work 2 | Audience 1 | Momentum: 1 | Injury 0/3

Kimiko's music hits first, Kimiko coming out to a series of boos, a crimson-colored leather jacket over her shorts-styled amateur wrestling singlet, wearing a set of dark-tinted aviators as she stands smirking at the top of the ramp, posing with a smirk. The singlet has a very simple white and red scheme to it, focusing on looking substantive over stylish. The ring announcer, Matt Fiorentini, stands in the middle of the ring, a short and squirrely man with a booming voice. "Introducing first, from Osaka, Japan.. She is the submission specialist..KIMIKO SAAAAAIIIITO!"

She goes down to the ring, splitting her time between ignoring the fans and actively taunting them as they shout at her. She takes the stairs to get into the ring, climbing to the second rope while still outside to give a very dramatic bow. She spends a bit of time in each corner, shouting nonsense at the fans while continuing to bow to the chorus of boos. As the ring announcer looks to prepare for announcing Kimiko's partner, she takes the microphone from him without much effort to another series of boos. "Madison Square Garden.." The crowd half-cheers and half-boos before turning back to boos.

"It's unfortunate that you've picked the losing side. Again." She shoves the mic back into Matt's hands, straightening out his tie while he looks flustered.

First off, +1 momentum for Cheap Heat (to 1). Counting this as Working the Audience, since it's not really a promo
[07:42.36] <thelazyblank> Working the Audience
[07:42.41] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[07:42.41] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 3+1 = 4
[07:42.50] <thelazyblank> AMAZING
Welp, can't do that again this show.

The crowd seems a little confused, it seems like not many of them are sports fans.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Audience 2 | Momentum: 2+2 | Injury 0/3

A familiar tune hits the speaker system, as Tess walks onto the top of the ramp to a wall of boos. Simple and utilitarian, her outfit wouldn't be out of place in a mechanics, a set of overalls, heavy work boots, and gloves. Hands in her pockets, Tess stands there, absently tapping her foot along to the beat with the cockiest of smiles on her face. Once the main hook hits, she starts down the ramp, bobbing her head to the music and paying no mind to the booing fans on either side of her. The announcer's voice rings out, "And her partner, from Encinitas, California... TESS!" She skips all the fancy posturing of the other woman, simply climbing up the apron and over the top rope.

Once Tess is in the ring, she drops her hat onto Fiorentini's head and steals his microphone yet again. She uses the much smaller man as an armrest while she addresses the assembled crowd. "So who here wants to see Red Ink win?" Cheers. "Wow. You people just love to disappoint your parents huh? I'm sure they raised you to make the smart choices." Massive boos, and job well done.

(10:25) ShootaBoy: Work the Audience
(10:25) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(10:25) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8+2 = 10
I gain 2 Momentum, sweet.

Her piece said, Tess gives the very flustered announcer his mic back and waits for their opponents.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Look: +1, Power : -2,Real: +1 Work: -1 Audience: 1

"Fighting them, from Hamburg, Germany"

The song started at the usual spoken words, followed by the menacing guitar, some lights showing Rosa finishing tying the laces of her heavy duty worker's boots, and starting to walk towards the ring. Then, when the 'OI' rang out and the guitars switched to the faster type she immediately rushed to the sides where some of her fans where, shouting the song along with them, shoving her fist in the air and jumping up to slam her body into theirs a few times. She did that multiple times, going from railing to railing, Until she reached the end when the music suddenly turned slow, and she climbed up the stairs of the ring, getting in and folding her arms, looking at the two women before her with a smirk. She held out her hand for the mic.

"Alright, who's ready to see us send the dog of war back home with her tail between her legs?" There were some cheers, but it was a bit scattered. "And we'll see if the legbreaker here has properly healed from the last beat down I handed out." She motioned towards Kimiko. "Now don't worry folks. I know these two ladies are really eager to earn their payday in the Wrangle as well, and I wouldn't want to deny them the chance to crash and burn, so I won't hurt them... too bad. They're just pawns in someone else's game after all."

Work the Audience: 2d6+1 4

Hmmm, not one of her better call outs. Guess she'd have to earn their approval with more than talking then eh?

Sorry this took so long, but the posts just wouldn't come together. So the roll was not wrong I guess.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Look -1 Power -1 Real 0 Work +1 Audience 0 Injury 0/3

Hellion runs up onto the ring once her song plays, more or less on queue with Rosa's line falling flat. She leans in to the mic as Rosa is still holding it. "Nah they love they love mercenary types here, Rosa? Didn't you see who they ended up voting for?" Some cheap boos from bringing up the touchy subject. I don't know if they're booing the implied persons or me questioning their political taste, but hey both works right? I throw off my leather coat out of the ring while the audience is making the noise. "Either way they're here for blood and they're going to get it! Because I'm going to fight tooth and nail here so wall street can see what they're in for when we turn everything upside down!"

Using cheap heat/pop to get 1 momentum

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is a hint of laughter over the announcer's table at that display, though it wasn't necessarily mocking, just a low sort of chuckle. Chris McKay picked up on this immediately, turning to her left and seguing after the introduction of both tag teams now to the audience. "And that ladies and gentlemen is our guest commentator today, you know him from GFZ Southwestern, former world title champion, Ritchie Ilbanez." They weren't here to put over their guest commentator however, and Rikki was quick to quip. "Got something to share with the rest of the class Ritchie?" Ritchie Ilbanez exuded a sleazy vibe from top to bottom, and his rich Argentine accent came through fully in his voice. He was thick of voice and thick of form, somewhere between Konnan and Dario Cueto.

"I am just so pleased to be here, once again in the MWW. There are two things a real man loves: Beautiful women," which elicited a half-groan from Rikki, but he leaned in right then next, "and violence. And here we're going to have heaping helpings of both." Ritchie was a great heel commentator when he needed to be, but he was also good for the play-by-play, an experienced agent and eye for the moves. "You can hear the crowd really ramped up to see someone kick in the teeth of that pitbull, that Dog of War, Tess." Trilling his words excitedly just a bit with that. "I'll tell you one thing, they are going to want to see red on the mat tonight. And I can't wait either."

"What can you tell us about this match up?"

"Rosa is just one more stepping stone on Tess's way to finishing what she started, Chris. She's gonna have to put her to ground now, or it's going to slingshot back," and there was a slapping sound as Ritchie clapped his hands together right in front of the microphone, "right back in her face. Tess doesn't need to win here, she needs to bury her." That inched just a bit close to a shoot, but he continued on. "Any show of weakness is blood in the water."

"Not just that, but this is a tag team match!" Rikki reminded, and Ritchie took the queue. "Ladies, we all know what the real matchup is here. We know what the little Hellion is capable of, as well as Kimiko, but they are gonna have to climb high to steal the show." This is a very intentional pressure and challenge. Making sure the audience follows that narrative. Will there be a breakout star tonight? "It's about to get real messy..." He said, letting the camera draw back and let the ring announcer take the rest as the match was liable to start any minute now.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
...and start it does as the jr. referee, Cara McMicheals, orders "Partners out!" before signalling for the opening bell.

We're starting off with Little Hellion and Amiko Saito as the firs legal wrestlers! Amiko starts with control!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Look -1 | Power 0 | Real -1 | Work 2 | Audience 1 | Momentum: 0 | Injury 0/3

As soon as the bell rings, the two competitors go to towards the middle of the ring to have a quick staredown before going straight into a greco-roman knuckle lock, both women fighting for control until Kimiko kicks the hand of Little Hellion, shooting the punk-haired one into the ropes. Hellion dodges the lariat from Kimiko with a duck-under, then cartwheels out of the second lariat attempt. Kimiko charges at Hellion, ducking under Hellion's clothesline once, dodging the second with a very similar cartwheel. The two get back in one another's faces, before the two start throwing strikes at one another, first in bunches then Kimiko starts throwing crisp forearms to Hellion's chest, Hellion responding with wilder open hand strikes to the side of Kimiko's head. As they go back and forth and Hellion starts to get the advantage, Kimiko falls backwards, pulling Hellion down, trying to drop her throat-first onto the middle rope.

[09:45.04] <thelazyblank> Wrestling (+Heat)
[09:45.10] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[09:45.11] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 8+2 = 10
Actually a 9 (Heat was only +1), so spending 1 momentum to make that a 10 and move that to +2 Heat with Hellion.

Kimiko points to her head for a moment, picking Hellion up and heading to the corner to give a quick tag out to Tess.

Passing control to Tess.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Audience 2 | Momentum: 4-1+1=4 | Injury 0/3

The referee confirms the tag as the two women slap hands. Kimiko cranks Hellion's arms back to expose her torso to a heavy blow from Tess before she takes to the apron. While the ring is cleared the blows continue to fall on Hellion as the larger woman attempts to beat the fight out of her opponent. After a particularly heavy blow drops Hellion to her knees, Tess turns away to taunt Rosa. Hellion takes advantage of the distraction to land a hard shoulder to Tess's leg! She quickly follows up with another! But when she goes for a third she finds herself skidding along the mat, Tess is leaning on the ropes across the ring and obviously favouring her leg. Hellion senses an opportunity and charges in, only to find herself leapt over by her veteran opponent. She's been suckered in! Both of them hit the ropes and head back towards each other, where Tess goes for a running calf kick, aiming to floor the smaller wrestler.

(10:17:50 PM) ShootaBoy: Wrestling +Work
(10:17:50 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(10:17:51 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 4+2 = 6
Gonna spend a momentum to put this at a 7. Gonna immediately gain that momentum back and give control to Hellion.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Look -1 Power -1 Real 0 Work +1 Audience 0 Injury 0/3 1 Momentum

Hellion dodges under the kick with her small frame. She drops to her knees and slides below Tess. Hellion catches Tess' legs as her opponent falls to the mat. She twists Tess into a leg lock until the veteran breaks out of it. With Tess recovering from the submission Hellion presses the attack and shoves her into the corner. Her wild push exemplifying her style of never quite seeming on script. Not she was edging on the wrong side of that thin line of not quite. Tess falls into the corner with her arms over the bottom ropes. "Eat jack boot, thug!" Hellion yells, despite no one probably hearing her with no mic. She wanted to psych herself up for this one. Stay in her character's frame of mind. Here was the great brick wall that would be at the wrangle. If she wanted to go far it would be a lot better if that wall had a few less bricks. Hellion held onto the ropes and stepped onto Tess' chest. She then jumped and landed her knees onto her opponent. Trying to really lay her out. Sure Tess wouldn't be too sore over it, she had a meta strategy for the wrangle of her own right? They said it was her that fudged the booking for it.

http://orokos.com/roll/398147 8 on wrestling, retain control.

http://orokos.com/roll/398154 8 on work real stiff, injuring Tess.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The match commentary of play by play and color added some flash here and there with their posts, and the crowd was getting a slow start as they were still feeling out the heat between the competitors. Everyone was eager to see Rosa in it, it was obvious to most of the "in the know" crowd that Hellion had to be there to eat the pin, but what if we played with those expectations a little?

thelazyblank posted:

As they go back and forth and Hellion starts to get the advantage, Kimiko falls backwards, pulling Hellion down, trying to drop her throat-first onto the middle rope.

"Saito with the brutal rope maneuver, shades of Tonya Gloss there, working the ropes and every advantage. Hellion has got to be feeling that move," offers Chris.

"She's going to be reeling for breath after that," agreed Rikki.

"These two need to grind her down, and keep working her in the corner. That's smart. Real smart." Ritchie leaned in. "Like I said, they don't need to win here, they really need to put these two in the ground. Otherwise, they've got two red sores just itching to keep them from their shot at that belt."

ShootaBoy posted:

Both of them hit the ropes and head back towards each other, where Tess goes for a running calf kick, aiming to floor the smaller wrestler.

The impact against the ground comes with a pop from the crowd. People are starting to get into it. They hear that slimy voice talking, and boy does he talk, and making everything they do seem not just skilled, but mean. "There isn't anything she can do. The war dog is a monster, what can this little Hellion hope to achieve, eh?"

TheTatteredKing posted:

Hellion held onto the ropes and stepped onto Tess' chest. She then jumped and landed her knees onto her opponent. Trying to really lay her out.

What followed was crucial. The pain and selling that Tess made, but also the announcers. The hit just looked stiff, but more than that, landing real bad on the sternum, solid in rather than skating off to the floor. All the momentum in one place. Ritchie picked up, all but spitting into the microphone. "Yes! That is what the fans are looking for!" The crowd, which was just roaring, now was quieted, mixed with boos. It was up in the air where the momentum could go still.

The other announcers sounded less sure, trying to cover, unsure how to proceed but Ritchie made it part of the story. "You corner a wild animal, it's going to bite back. That's why you put them down, Chris. They're dangerous."

Putting over Hellion's Working Real Stiff from a partial hit to a hit.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 4, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Look -1 Power -1 Real 0 Work +1 Audience 0 Injury 0/3 0 Momentum

The audience audibly cringes at the impact. Tess' people seem pretty unimpressed she just got punked by Hellion. Trying to keep the momentum of the match going Hellion rushes over to Rosa to tag her in. With Tess hurting it should be easy for Rosa to exploit it and be flashier about it. Getting the audience on their side was key of playing the long game tonight. "All yours," Hellion says while going for the tag.

http://orokos.com/roll/399508 6 on hot tag, spending my momentum to put it at 7. Tess loses 1 audience as well

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Look: +1, Power : -2,Real: +1 Work: -1 Audience: 1 Momentum: 1

The tag is eagerly exchanged. Rosa noticed she went rather stiff at Tess, and grinned. Looked like Little Hellion was eager to get out of jobberdom as well. She jumped in eagerly, running towards Tess and grabbing her hair, dragging her up to her feet. "C'mon, Dog of War, let's see you earn your pay huh?" She holds on to the woman, and delivers some vicious headbutts, striking forehead to forehead, shouting out with each blow.

Wrestle + look: 2d6+1 7: Gain +1 momentum, give control to Tess

She tossed Tess towards the ropes, waiting for her to bounce back, and then jumped forward with a Spear right to her midsection, slamming her head straight into her gut to make her go to the mat. Getting up she spread her hands theatrically. "Come on, Tess. Is that all? Should your bosses send you to a state up-farm or something?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Audience 1 | Momentum: 4-1+1=4 | Injury 1/3

Oof, that's a rib that took a lot more than it's supposed to. No pop, so it's probably not dislocated, nothing moving so it's not broken. Just bruised a bit then. Alright I can work with that. Need to have a word with her later about how to do that spot right. But first, the match.

Tess takes advantage of her long legs and sweeps her taunting opponent's out from under her, bringing Rosa down to the mat as well. Tess seizes the moment and lands several to Rosa's head! Once she feels that she's down for the time being, Tess clambers to her feet. She leans on the ropes for a second, catching her breath and feeling out the damage from the headbutts. When she sees that her leftist opponent is up to her knees she leans back into the ropes before coming off them, aiming a boot for Rosa's head!

Rosa saw what was coming however and avoided the incoming boot, while also catching Tess's other leg and bringing her back down to the mat with a crash. But before she can capitalize on this, the wily veteran strikes! Tess quickly moves to trap the arm still holding onto her leg while the rest of her moves behind and across Rosa's back to ensnare her other arm! It's a crucifix armbar!

(7:42:53 PM) ShootaBoy: Wrestling +Work
(7:42:53 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(7:42:53 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8+2 = 10
As tempting as the momentum is, I'm gonna gain +1 Heat with Rosa.

With the hold locked in Tess alternates between wrenching Rosa's arms and using her free hand to drag them to her waiting partner.

7:55:34 PM) ShootaBoy: Hot Tag to Kimiko
(7:55:34 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6
(7:55:34 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 9 = 9
Gonna spend the momentum to bump that to a 10. We get a double team opportunity, each of us get +1 momentum and we get to keep control. Passing it off to you TLB.

She tags Kimiko in and pulls Rosa's arms back to open her up for a world of hurt!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Look -1 | Power 0 | Real -1 | Work 2 | Audience 1 | Momentum: 2 | Injury 0/3

Kimiko takes the tag, positioning on the apron for a moment before doing a slingshot knee drop to Rosa's exposed gut right as Tess lets go of the hold.

Gain +1 Momentum from Hot Tag (to 1)

As Tess leaves, Kimiko locks on a simple headlock to try to keep Rosa grounded for the moment. The crowd starts to chant for Rosa as she works her way up to her feet, giving a few elbows to Kimiko's gut before she bounces off the ropes. Kimiko ducks the first incoming lariat, then follows Rosa into the ropes. Rosa stops in the middle of the ring as Kimiko steps up into an enziguri to the side of the head.

[09:38.08] <thelazyblank> Wrestling (+Work)
[09:38.13] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[09:38.13] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 5+2 = 7
Taking Momentum (to 2), passing control.

The enziguri lands, which Kimiko transitions into a quick pin for a two count.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Look: +1, Power : -2,Real: +1 Work: -1 Audience: 1 Momentum: 3

Rosa is not nearly beaten hard enough to get pinned, kicking out just as two gets called, getting up to her feet woozily, bringing up her fists as she tried to catch her breath. When Kimiko approached her, she unleashed a series of wild punches, but found them blocked or dodged. Finally, her opponent managed to grab her right arm and twist it behind her, then wrapped her other arm around Rosa's neck in a Chickenwing Crossface as they went to the mat.

Again, the crowd cheered for Rosa, and again she stood, holding up the entire weight of the wrestler as her air supply was interrupted and her arm was twisted at a horrible angle. She then rushed backwards towards one of the poles, slamming Kimiko against it, three times. Kimiko held on, and added tension on Rosa's arm with the leg, fending off attempts from Rosa to dislodge her. Rosa's face, already red was quickly turning purple, and the ref was looking on closely.

Then, as it seemed she might soon fall, Rosa turned around and climbed on the pole, with one arm and carrying Kimiko on her back.. Looking at the crowd, she raised one fist in a defiant gesture. And then she pushed herself off the poles with her feet, sending the both of them sailing through the air, with Rosa landing on top of the other wrestler, the hold loosening as the impact slammed into both, but harder on Kimiko.

Wrestle + Heat with Kimiko: 2d6+3 12 Take +1 Heat with Kimiko

Getting up to her knees, Rosa gasped for breath, crawling the first few feet, then getting up to tag in Hellion, eager to gain a little time to recover from the brutality that had gone on in the ring.

Hot Tag with Little Hellion: 2d6+1 8 Kimiko Hellion gains 1 momentum and takes control of the match.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 9, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Look -1 Power -1 Real 0 Work +1 Audience 0 Injury 0/3 2 Momentum

Hellion is primed and ready for Rosa's tag. She's already got her feet on the ropes. As soon as the hands slap Hellion launches from the top rope in a wild belly flop. She lands on Kimiko in a hot mess, rebounding off of her target and flopping onto her back. The kind of visual train wreck that Kimiko had plenty to say about in a nasty cut promo before. Hellion gets to her feet and throws her hands up to the crowd. When Kimiko gets to her feet behind her Hellion falls back into her. Hellion snatches Kimiko's head with her outstretched arms to bring her opponent into a jaw breaker. Hellion keeps up the brutal onslaught by quickly pulling up to her feet to follow with a three quarter bulldog.

Hellion is slow to get back up after that. The rush of adrenaline was over and she was catching up to what exactly she pulled off. She appreciated her work with a dumb grin on her face. Maybe she'd make that her signature move. It's certainly a lot of pressure on her opponents to step up their game tonight, or get shown up by a jobber. Once her wits are about her again Hellion heads over to Rosa like a stove she left on and tags her in.

http://orokos.com/roll/401162 9 on wrestling (Heat) spending momentum, +1 to Heat with Kimiko

http://orokos.com/roll/401163 11 on Wrestling (Work), +1 heat with Kimiko

http://orokos.com/roll/401166 11 on Wrestling (work) (??!), Uh I'll take 2 Momentum this time

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Look: +1, Power : -2,Real: +1 Work: -1 Audience: 1 Momentum: 3

Rosa took some time catching her breath, while taking a look at Little Hellion delivering a harsh sequence at the other one, before coming to rush back to tag her in. Rosa got in again, giving Hellion a thumbs up. She quickly goes and grabs Kimiko, trying not to give her any time to recocer, grabbing her hair and slamming her head up against the turnbuckle a few times. Not stopping, she then grabbed the woman and powerbombed her hard to the mat. Leaving her on the floor for a second, she raised her fist at her fans. Then she did something that wasn't seen a lot out of her. She applied a Camel Clutch, the audience crowing as Rosa was moving to beat Kimiko at her own game.

But that was a mistake.

Wrestle + work: 2d6-1 3 Give one momentum to Kimiko and she takes control

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Kimiko sells the sudden flurry of offense from Hellion without a second thought. They say you're only as good as your opponent looks. However, after bumping around the ring for a while, Rosa comes in with a very tame looking Camel Clutch, and that just won't do for Kimiko. The Japanese woman slips under Rosa, grabbing a hold of her opponent's foot, twisting it in a traditional ankle lock. Kimiko drags Rosa away from the corner, into the middle of the ring before working around a few attempted kicks and rolls from Rosa to grapevining the ankle lock in the middle of the ring. "Ask her!" Kimiko shouts at the ref as they struggle in the hold.

Momentum to 3 due to botched wrestling move.
[10:47.57] <thelazyblank> Wrestling (+Work)
[10:48.00] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[10:48.02] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 7+2 = 9
Spend 1 momentum (to 2) to make that a 10, gain +1 Heat with Rosa (to 3)

The two struggle in the middle of the ring for a good fifteen seconds before Rosa scrambles to the ropes through sheer force of will. Kimiko uses most of the five count to keep the hold on, only letting go at four while sucking up the crowd noise for the moment. Kimiko drags her back to the middle of the ring, looking to lock on another submission hold before getting a strike to the face. Kimiko returns the shot with her foot as Rosa stands to get face to face with Kimiko. Both women start throwing big, hard strikes in the middle of the ring, to the elation or fury of the crowd. The cheering and booing shifting back and forth until Rosa takes a bounce off the ropes to try to get some momentum. Kimiko sidesteps the blow, pulling her down backwards by her hair.

[11:00.57] <thelazyblank> Wrestling (+Heat)
[11:01.05] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+3
[11:01.06] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 9+3 = 12
Gain +1 Heat again (to 4).

Kimiko grabs Rosa in a soft armbar in the heels' corner, tagging out to Tess.

Passing control to Tess.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Audience 2 | Momentum: 4-2=2 | Injury 1/3

Tess takes the tag and uses Kimiko's opening to land a boot to Rosa's midsection. Once she's fully in the ring Tess beats her opponent into a neutral corner before heading to the opposite end of the ring. She then comes hurtling back in a hard hitting corner splash! As Rosa stumbles away from the turnbuckle, she finds herself pulled into a side headlock! This is it! The setup for the Scrunt!

In a desperate attempt to get free, Rosa strikes back with several hard elbows... straight into Tess's injured ribs! The headlock dissolves as Rosa goes on the offensive, raining blows on damaged veteran, each blow increasing the volume of the cheering crowd. The crowd is on fire as Rosa forces Tess back to the turnbuckle and then Rosa shocks the entire arena, as she forces Tess up onto the top rope! The cheers are deafening as Rosa follows her up, playing to the fans for a moment before crashing back down to the mat in a massive superplex!

(12:09:45 PM) ShootaBoy: Put Over +Work
(12:09:45 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(12:09:45 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 6+2 = 8
I'm gonna spend 2 Momentum to bump that to a 10, Tess and Rosa both gain +1 Audience.

(12:31:23 PM) ShootaBoy: Wrestling +Heat
(12:31:23 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+3
(12:31:24 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 10+3 = 13
I'm gonna pick the +1 Heat with Rosa, and then voluntarily hand control over to her.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Little Hellion

Kayfabe:

As Rosa is double teamed in the ring, You have a big surprise waiting for you outside...

From the crowd, a hooded woman pulls you off the ring apron and throws you, back first, into the guard rail. She follows this up with a clothesline that flips you up and over it, into the crowd!

Her hood falls away from her face and it's revealed to be Erin Darkwater, the very woman you defeated to earn a spot in the Regal Wrangle tonight! Describe this brawl to the back and why couldn't you return to the ring to help your partner?

Everyone Else

Kayfabe:

Time for the finish, and Tess, you have the honor of defeating Rosa for the win! Describe the win and roll your finisher! And how does it involve Commissioner Steele, who has come down to ringside?

Non-Kayfabe:

There was an obvious audible. Kimiko, you were slated to win this match to help increase your status as a new player in the upper-midcard... looks like your flub at trying to get the crowd into this may have shaken upper managements confidence. You could try to do an impromptu spot to 'add' to this new ending, but that would go against management... that would require a break kayfabe move.

Up to you, though...

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Right before the finish, -I- needed to get involved with this. Let's make the fans remember that I was the real one who won this match. Plus, it's easy to set up the Scrunt with it. I'll just be moving the spotlight onto both of us.

-----

As Rosa and Tess go to set up the finish of the match, Kimiko heads to the outside of the ring. As the build happens, Rosa goes off the ropes and Kimiko gives a stiff knee to Rosa's back as she runs towards her, a sudden change of momentum from the expected finish, but they've all taken unexpected bumps before.

[11:11.56] <thelazyblank> Going Off-Script
[11:12.00] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6-1
[11:12.02] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 3-1 = 2
Hooray.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Audience 3 | Momentum: 2-2=0 | Injury 1/3

There's the ref with the signal. Except... I thought Kimiko was supposed to go over? Oh ho~ I spy a certain Comish coming down the ramp. I think someone's in trou~ble. Well I guess that means I'm improvising this finish. Fun times.

While Rosa is reeling on the ropes from the Technical Mistress's surprise knee to her spine, Commissioner Steele comes striding down the ramp to ringside! A battered Rosa flops over a prostrate Tess in a pin, completely unaware that the Commissioner is on the apron, yelling at the ref! He doesn't see the pin! After several seconds a confused Rosa, gets up and begins arguing with the ref and the Commissioner! Behind the tirading trio, the experienced vet makes her way to her feet, unseen by either of the two inside the ring.

The ref finally manages to get Commissioner Steele off the apron and Rosa turns back to the action... only to catch a heavy boot to her gut! Tess quickly pulls her into a headlock, this is it! The Scrunt!

(8:37:24 PM) ShootaBoy: Finisher
(8:37:24 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6
(8:37:25 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8 = 8
Gonna spend my 2 points of Momentum to bump that up to a 10, and I choose me to get +1 Audience.

With a shout of "How's this for earning my pay?" and a mighty heave, Tess drives Rosa's head into the mat. She quickly hooks the leg as she goes for the pin! 1! 2! 3! It's over! The ref signals for the bell as Tess's music hits and the announcer officially declares her and Kimiko the winners to a cascade of boos from the crowd.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Look -1 Power -1 Real 0 Work +1 Audience 0 Injury 0/3 2 Momentum

Hellion goes berserk when Erin pulls her away from the ring. She throws Erin off of her and tries to run back into the ring a few times. Then Erin produces a night stick and grabs Hellion into a choke hold with it. Hellion kicks and flails around until she pushes Erin back into the metal barrier separating the audience from the action. While Erin is selling the impact onto her lower spine Hellion rushes into the ring. The ping already happened but that doesn't stop her from jumping onto Tess' back like a raging howler monkey.

I don't know if I need to roll anything to do this. Since she's just acting in character, but the match is over so I don't do normal wrestling moves?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Look: +1, Power : -2,Real: +1 Work: -1 Audience: 2 Momentum: 3

Huh, looks like there's a change of plan in who wins eh? Rosa can't complain, Red Ink gave a good show, and you cannot win them all. There's a sudden explosion of pain in her back as she bounces from the rope, and she staggers forwards, falling to one knee, screaming in rage and pain, looking back furiously towards Kimiko, making sure everyone realizes what happened. Still, Tess remains on the ground, and Rosa moves to get the pin, holding her down, waiting five seconds, then looking up as Commissioner Steele is distracting the referee.

Rosa gets up, giving a look at the audience with her hands spread with a 'can you believe this poo poo?' expression. She moves towards the ropes. Mike or not, Rosa can put some volume behind her voice when she wants to, and she's quite foul mouthed too, adding a little German cussing to give a bit of an exotic tint. "The gently caress you doing? Oh, Leck mich am Arsch, Steele, you leave it after the match. Hey, Ref, you gonna look at the mat or wha... No you shut up! You're not paying enough for me to be quiet while you're loving with this. You loving look at this!" She throws a much more Brittish two finger salute, then makes the 'yapping' gesture with her hand as Steele yells back at her.

And then she turns and takes a boot to the stomach. She doubles over in pain, only to get in the headlock, and then in the scrunt. She's left devastated on the mat, Little Hellion too late getting loose from the surprise assailant to do anything about it. Rosa just writhes on the floor for a bit, letting things play out, and letting the music play a bit, but finally gets up and gets her hand on a mike. "Hellion! It's okay... it's okay. My fault for not seeing their dirty poo poo coming, I figure. You were loving great." She panted. "Steele eh... you sure it's not spelled S T E A L?" She said, getting shouts from the public.

"Well, these people are corop serving fatcats." Rosa makes a dismissive gesture, but then points at Kimiko. "But what about you, legbreaker? That the tricks they taught you in Japan? Rely on management bailing you out and kicking someone in the back from outside the ring? That what your uncle taught you? Hiding behind the Dog of War the only way you can take me on? Steele! you loving owe me for messing with our match! I WILL fight you, and you ARE gonna have nowhere to hide, Feigling!"

Voice of the People: 2d6+2 10 Gain 1 momentum, Get booked in a match with Kimiko, they shut the hell up right now (since I can't get to heat 5 I'm thinking?)

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shogeton posted:

[Rosa] tossed Tess towards the ropes, waiting for her to bounce back, and then jumped forward with a Spear right to her midsection, slamming her head straight into her gut to make her go to the mat. Getting up she spread her hands theatrically. "Come on, Tess. Is that all? Should your bosses send you to a state up-farm or something?"

"You see, this is not just a match in the ring. We're seeing a real colorful display from these beautiful performers. You can only deny this firecracker so long before she's gonna pop! Pop! Pop!" Ritchie comments and builds on the story, though Chris is quick to pick up on the lede buried therein. "She's commended herself spectacularly tonight, and people want to see this so-called War Dog get what's due."

"She's got a lot more to worry about than the Dog, Chris."

thelazyblank posted:

Kimiko takes the tag, positioning on the apron for a moment before doing a slingshot knee drop to Rosa's exposed gut right as Tess lets go of the hold.

[...]

The enziguri lands, which Kimiko transitions into a quick pin for a two count.

"And a near-fall for Kimiko Saito!" Chris calls it on the play-by-play.

"This isn't going at all like Saito would want it," Ritchie comments. "Between that Little Hellion and the German Rose, she can't keep any of them down and work the body. She needs to control the match, both her and Tess. They don't need to match their opponents, but overpower them, and that isn't happening."

thelazyblank posted:

Kimiko sells the sudden flurry of offense from Hellion without a second thought. They say you're only as good as your opponent looks. However, after bumping around the ring for a while, Rosa comes in with a very tame looking Camel Clutch, and that just won't do for Kimiko. The Japanese woman slips under Rosa, grabbing a hold of her opponent's foot, twisting it in a traditional ankle lock. Kimiko drags Rosa away from the corner, into the middle of the ring before working around a few attempted kicks and rolls from Rosa to grapevining the ankle lock in the middle of the ring. "Ask her!" Kimiko shouts at the ref as they struggle in the hold.

"Now that's what we need to see!" Ritchie says with bloodthirsty excitement in contrast to Chris's even-handed play-by-play and Rikki's comedic timing.

ShootaBoy posted:

Tess takes the tag and uses Kimiko's opening to land a boot to Rosa's midsection. Once she's fully in the ring Tess beats her opponent into a neutral corner before heading to the opposite end of the ring. She then comes hurtling back in a hard hitting corner splash! As Rosa stumbles away from the turnbuckle, she finds herself pulled into a side headlock! This is it! The setup for the Scrunt!

"This could be it! The Scrunt!" Chris calls it out as it happens.

Ritchie all but leaps from his seat. "Tear her to pieces like the Dog you are, Tess!"

"You'd think you were the one trying to get the tag, Ritchie," Rikki chides with a grin, but also reigning him in. The announcers are not the show.

ShootaBoy posted:

In a desperate attempt to get free, Rosa strikes back with several hard elbows... straight into Tess's injured ribs! The headlock dissolves as Rosa goes on the offensive, raining blows on damaged veteran, each blow increasing the volume of the cheering crowd. The crowd is on fire as Rosa forces Tess back to the turnbuckle and then Rosa shocks the entire arena, as she forces Tess up onto the top rope! The cheers are deafening as Rosa follows her up, playing to the fans for a moment before crashing back down to the mat in a massive superplex!

The crowd goes absolutely wild at this case. For many, this will be the highlight of the match, an expertly called sequence dominated by Tess but displaying Rosa as the hero they want in the first place, with some incredible athleticism. Ritchie Ilbanez, fired up by the pain but also here to tell the story, seeks to heighten it with each step. "Ladies, this is it. All of our Rose's blood sweat and tears are right for that moment. They couldn't put her in the ground. They have all beat themselves to a pulp, and they still have the Regal Wrangle to pull double duty for! All they've proven is that Rosa can tango with them. I tell you, blood's in the water, and the sharks are coming out to play now. The Wrangle is now anyone's game."

Chris added, "Coming into it with bruised ribs and bruised pride, can the top dog of MWW keep the crown?"

Rikki blasted back. "You say it like she's won! It ain't over yet!"

It certainly wasn't.

thelazyblank posted:

As Rosa and Tess go to set up the finish of the match, Kimiko heads to the outside of the ring. As the build happens, Rosa goes off the ropes and Kimiko gives a stiff knee to Rosa's back as she runs towards her, a sudden change of momentum from the expected finish, but they've all taken unexpected bumps before.

ShootaBoy posted:

While Rosa is reeling on the ropes from the Technical Mistress's surprise knee to her spine, Commissioner Steele comes striding down the ramp to ringside! A battered Rosa flops over a prostrate Tess in a pin, completely unaware that the Commissioner is on the apron, yelling at the ref! He doesn't see the pin! After several seconds a confused Rosa, gets up and begins arguing with the ref and the Commissioner! Behind the tirading trio, the experienced vet makes her way to her feet, unseen by either of the two inside the ring.

The ref finally manages to get Commissioner Steele off the apron and Rosa turns back to the action... only to catch a heavy boot to her gut! Tess quickly pulls her into a headlock, this is it! The Scrunt!

Instead of raucous boos, there's a hush when Kimiko's knee hits into Rosa, much like what happened between Hellion and Tess earlier in the match. There's definitely boos, but just as much air is inhaled in gasps as is exhaled in defiance, and it begins to suck the energy out of the room at first. It was stiff and it was vicious, and without a lot of the practice grace before. It was real... And there's something to that. Ritchie's voice came over the line. "This is the work of true desperados, ladies. There are no rules in war, and Rosa has let loose its dogs. Now they just have to keep her down." The rest was called, but the move was recast as desperate rather than purely spiteful, another part of the drama. So when the Scrunt came, there was not a hush of concern or confusion, but pure, intense vitriol, real heat.

The rest of the drama could stand on its own except for the occasional exclamation from the announcer's desk, because the cast was carrying it well enough on its own.

Going to Put Over Kimiko's attempt to go off script, would for Tess but she had the Momentum to spare in any case.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
---[Kayfabe]---

So we fast forward. A piss break match between to lower carders finish, and then after a reasonable break...

Out comes Commissioner Steele!

A long roll of red carpet is rolled down the ramp leading to the ring as a security force walks down either side. They check under the ring, look out over the crowd, then after a breif pause, out comes the Commissioner herself. World title over her shoulder as a few more officers escort her. Crowd boos her, as her antics earlier in the night is fresh on their minds. She pauses, waving to one side of the crowd, blows a kiss to the other side, then into the ring she climbs, holding out a hand to take the microphone.

She pauses as the crowd continues to boo loud and raucously. A lower, 'Rosa' chant begins to reverberate. Steele waits. And waits. And waits.

"...you know, I own all of you." More boos. "...If I wanted to, I could tell the production crew to turn off the lights, shut down the PPV feed, and then all of you can boo from the comforts of your own home... by the way, you can kiss my rear end on the way there!"

More boos.

"...see... I'm on top of the mountain, I write the checks and I sign the pink slips. And Rosa... you are giving me less and less reason why I shouldn't have your pink slip printed out... you have yet to realize who wears the big girl skirt in the MWW, and my patiance is wearing thin. At this point, I could give a drat that your antics are making me richer through the proceeds I get from people buying your merchandise... because you are starting to make me sick! And thus..."

A louder Rosa chant starts!

"...and 'thus'..."

Crowd attempts to drown her out, causing Steele to lower her Microphone and wait it out. And wait. And wait. And...

"You know, this city is terrific, you know that. We have the Giants, who have become so decrepit, that the Fricken Washington Redskins has won two division titles since you even returned to the playoffs. They suck. Your soccer team sucks. Your basketball team sucks. Hockey was a diapointment... and thinking of all of them, I can see why you all are hating on me... seeing me... a winner, because this city really laxks them..."

More boos.

"...and on the subject of losers, we come back to you, Rosa... see, tonight you have the nerve to try and dictate what matches you wrestle in... well, 'I' determine that, honey! You think you'll face Ms. Saito later? No. You'll face her... tonight!"

Cheers!

"...and that match will be 'No Disqualifications'!"

Bigger cheers! ...though some of the smarter crowd members boo as they realize realize what's _really_ going on!

"...see... I'm declaring this match a special Regal Wrangle warm-up match! Rosa, if you want to act tough, I'm giving you a chance to prove it! Good luck!"

Commissioner Steele walks to the ropes to leave but pauses and adds "...and may the odds be in your favor!"

And she leaves with her music playing!

--------------------

Rosa & Kimiko, you two are now in the main event just before the Regal Wrangle! The spotlight is on you two at the moment! Promo time (this can be an interview or a kayfabe back stage segment)!

Ria and Maria, your match is next, thus the two of you can do a pre-match promo as well!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Look: +1, Power : -2,Real: +1 Work: -1 Audience: 2 Momentum: 3

The camera is looking at Rosa straddling a chair as she looked at a tv set in the recovery room, a few bandages and ice packs on her. She looked at the camera, and adjusted the chair to face it.

"So, you know, been watching the Commissioner do her little thing. And you know what, I figure that poo poo is poisonous enough I'm not really gonna talk about the upcoming fight. I'm gonna beat Kimiko and all, but there's more important things than any rear end kicking I'll do, more important than the belt."

"She's saying your powerless. She's saying she's the one making all the calls, and you just have to swallow it. And you know, if this was just about wrestling, I'd probably shrug and leave it at that. But this is a message that's being said worldwide. And it's bullshit. I'll repeat, it's bullshit. She signs the cheques? Yeah, but who provides the money to cash 'em in, including her own wage? You do every time you buy a ticket. She can turn off the lights? Sure, but you're the one paying her electricity bill. And that goes for outside this place too. There's fuckers in suits telling you they're the job-creators making America Great, or Great Again? gently caress 'em. gently caress every last one of them. They're acting like they're the ones carrying this nation, but it's us who are carrying them on our back! And heck, maybe some of them have some good know how. But never, ever let them tell you you're not the one in power here. Whatever nation, whatever race, whatever creed or gender! You're the ones that make things happen, not them."

She'd been getting more and more heated as she spoke, and then settled down. "Now, that said, don't feel like you should stop watching this. I did mention you're paying my paycheck, and i do like to get a paycheck as much as you folks. Don't feel you got to gently caress over Commissioner Steele or making her life miserable." She gave a grin and put a thumb at herself. "That's my job."

Break Kayfabe: 2d6+2 7 Spending all three momentum on that, to make that a 10, gain 1 audience.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Look -1 | Power 0 | Real -1 | Work 2 | Audience 2 | Momentum: 2 | Injury 0/3

Mechanical stuff: Since I got the 7-9 result due to getting put over, gain +2 momentum and take -1 Heat with Hellion due to leaving her out of the finish completely. Also, Audience to 2 via finishing a match with +4 Heat with someone in the match. Spending 2 momentum to use the Heel move to leave Rosa in a heap.

As Rosa finishes her promo, Kimiko comes flying from off-screen with a steel chair swinging right at Rosa's head. The smashing sound mixed in with the clattering of medical equipment makes a lot of noise as Kimiko doesn't let off, getting a series of vicious kicks to the downed woman before hitting her a few times with the steel chair. The surprise factor mixed in with the use of a weapon means Kimiko gets a few solid seconds to just dig in with the steel chair right against Rosa's throat, all to set this match up.

As security and some of the backstage crew come to the rescue, the camera picks up one last thing before cutting to the next scene.

"I will make sure you can't talk tomorrow."

Net change: +0 momentum.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
The camera lingers on Rosa's battered body... before the scene cuts to Ria Rupel and Maria Madonna as they prepare for their match... which is next!

Maria Madonna, describe your in ring entrance and if you want to do a prematch promo, now is the time!

Ria Rupel, same deal! Entrance, and if you are planning a prematch promo, now is the time!

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Due to TDN's inability to post, we're going to skip this match and have Ria Rupel win this one. Moving on...

We have reached the main event of the evening, however, before the two warriors, Kimiko Saito and Rosa, are introduced, a graphic is shown on the big screen:

Erin Darkwater, the woman who was embarassed by Hellion, is now an alternate to replace Maria Madonna in the Regal Wrangle!

Little Hellion, the spotlight is on you. Promo time. What do you have to say to this development?

Meanwhile, Rosa and Kimiko, Ring Entrance time (this will be done split screen for the viewers at home, so you two don't have to wait for the promo to post entrances.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Look -1 | Power 0 | Real -1 | Work 2 | Audience 2 | Momentum: 2 | Injury 0/3

Kimiko's music hits, as she comes down without her trademark stylish jacket, instead holding the chair that she recently used to abuse her soon-to-be-opponent. She's all business as she nearly stomps down to the ring, ignoring the crowd except for looking threateningly as some possibly drunk man tries to grab her chair. The announcer steers clear of her as she tosses the chair in his general direction while outside of the ring. The camera shows the announcer outside the ring now, mic still in hand.

"From..erm.. Japan, Kimiiiko Saito!" He still speaks loudly, but he seems a little confused or scared at the sudden chair being thrown in his direction. As Kimiko finally gets in the ring, she sets the chair in the middle of it, sitting down in it while waiting for her opponent to come down. She doesn't look a bit happy about any of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Look: +1, Power : -2,Real: +1 Work: -1 Audience: 2 Momentum: 0

Rosa's music played as she came through the entrance. Unlike the first time though, she didn't seem to react to the music, stepping forward with a glowering, look, clenching and unclenching her fists as she slowly made her way towards the ring. The fans shouting encouragements were given some curt nods, but her brown eyes were affixed almost constantly on Kimiko. Getting in the ring she'd crack her knuckles, kneel down to retie her shoelaces, and give a few good testing stomps with her boots on the mat, before leaning into her corner, glaring daggers at Kimiko.

"So, let's get this shite started."

• Locked thread